Always Changing DiamondInTheRuf's Avatar
    DiamondInTheRuf is on a distinguished road. (+10) DiamondInTheRuf is on a distinguished road. (+10) DiamondInTheRuf is on a distinguished road. (+10) DiamondInTheRuf is on a distinguished road. (+10) DiamondInTheRuf is on a distinguished road. (+10) DiamondInTheRuf is on a distinguished road. (+10) DiamondInTheRuf is on a distinguished road. (+10) DiamondInTheRuf is on a distinguished road. (+10) DiamondInTheRuf is on a distinguished road. (+10) DiamondInTheRuf is on a distinguished road. (+10) DiamondInTheRuf is on a distinguished road. (+10)

First Powerlifting Meet Gear Help

I have my first powerlifting meet coming up in august and i need some help with gear. It is a WABDL push/pull meet and i have been training hard and i now have some extra funds and was needing some advice. I was looking into a Inzer Champion suit that i could learn to squat (for later meets) and maybe use as a deadlift suit. Also i need to get a bench press shirt. I dont know much about them so i want to get one as soon as possible to learn in. I bench elbows out with the bar touching a little above the nipples.

I bench 255 RAW last time i checked. My dead lift is a toss up. Ignore the bodyspace its trap bar (all my high school allows).

I am only using gear because my competion will be too.

Any advice is welcomed!
    I Will NEVER Be Out Worked.

My log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=197374241#post197374241

NASAKYCHAIRMAN is a jewel in the rough. (+500) NASAKYCHAIRMAN is a jewel in the rough. (+500) NASAKYCHAIRMAN is a jewel in the rough. (+500) NASAKYCHAIRMAN is a jewel in the rough. (+500) NASAKYCHAIRMAN is a jewel in the rough. (+500) NASAKYCHAIRMAN is a jewel in the rough. (+500) NASAKYCHAIRMAN is a jewel in the rough. (+500) NASAKYCHAIRMAN is a jewel in the rough. (+500) NASAKYCHAIRMAN is a jewel in the rough. (+500) NASAKYCHAIRMAN is a jewel in the rough. (+500) NASAKYCHAIRMAN is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by DiamondInTheRuf View Post
    I have my first powerlifting meet coming up in august and i need some help with gear. It is a WABDL push/pull meet and i have been training hard and i now have some extra funds and was needing some advice. I was looking into a Inzer Champion suit that i could learn to squat (for later meets) and maybe use as a deadlift suit. Also i need to get a bench press shirt. I dont know much about them so i want to get one as soon as possible to learn in. I bench elbows out with the bar touching a little above the nipples.

I bench 255 RAW last time i checked. My dead lift is a toss up. Ignore the bodyspace its trap bar (all my high school allows).

I am only using gear because my competion will be too.

Any advice is welcomed!
    Bench press shirt: Inzer Rage X
    http://www.inzernet.com/detail.asp?PRODUCT_ID=ragex

TRAIN HARD

"BIG WILLIE" J.T. HALL
    http://www.youtube.com/user/NASAKYCHAIRMAN

DiamondInTheRuf is on a distinguished road. (+10) DiamondInTheRuf is on a distinguished road. (+10) DiamondInTheRuf is on a distinguished road. (+10) DiamondInTheRuf is on a distinguished road. (+10) DiamondInTheRuf is on a distinguished road. (+10) DiamondInTheRuf is on a distinguished road. (+10) DiamondInTheRuf is on a distinguished road. (+10) DiamondInTheRuf is on a distinguished road. (+10) DiamondInTheRuf is on a distinguished road. (+10) DiamondInTheRuf is on a distinguished road. (+10) DiamondInTheRuf is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by NASAKYCHAIRMAN View Post
    Bench press shirt: Inzer Rage X
    http://www.inzernet.com/detail.asp?PRODUCT_ID=ragex

TRAIN HARD

"BIG WILLIE" J.T. HALL
    I was looking at the Rage cause i dont bench with an arch. Is this a good shirt to learn with?

.x.muscle.x. has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) .x.muscle.x. has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) .x.muscle.x. has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) .x.muscle.x. has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) .x.muscle.x. has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    If you dont have an arch I recommend getting a Titan Fury bench shirt. As for suits, a Titan Superior is an excellent first suit to get used to for squatting / dead lifting in.
    Best Lifts

Deadlift - 465 x 2 - suit
    Squat - 415 x 2 - suit and wraps
    Bench - 265 x 1 - shirt, paused

flatlinePL has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) flatlinePL has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) flatlinePL has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) flatlinePL has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) flatlinePL has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) flatlinePL has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) flatlinePL has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) flatlinePL has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) flatlinePL has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) flatlinePL has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) flatlinePL has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    here is my personal thoughts on this. i don't know your training background, but if this is your first meet go and get your feet wet and hold off on the gear. i'm not against gear, i use myself, but for your first meet there is going to be so much going on and on your mind that having the gear to worry about is one more hassle. go, have a good time and learn how a meet goes. then at your next meet add some single ply gear and give yourself plenty of time to work in it.

with that said, i have had excellent results using titan gear. f6 shirt, centurion squat suit and dl suit. good luck and have fun at your first meet.
    www.flatlinepowerlifting.com

Code_B is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Code_B is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Code_B is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Code_B is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Code_B is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Code_B is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Code_B is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Code_B is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Code_B is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Code_B is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Code_B is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by flatlinePL View Post
    here is my personal thoughts on this. i don't know your training background, but if this is your first meet go and get your feet wet and hold off on the gear. i'm not against gear, i use myself, but for your first meet there is going to be so much going on and on your mind that having the gear to worry about is one more hassle. go, have a good time and learn how a meet goes. then at your next meet add some single ply gear and give yourself plenty of time to work in it.

with that said, i have had excellent results using titan gear. f6 shirt, centurion squat suit and dl suit. good luck and have fun at your first meet.
    I agree with this. I just had my first meet and learning is the most important thing you can do. Between timing warmups, timing meals, watching strong as mother f*ckers lift, and calming my nerves I had enough to worry about. Throw in warming up with gear and having to have someone there to help you get your sh*t on will be too much. Just go and have a good time.
    Consistency

flatlinePL has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) flatlinePL has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) flatlinePL has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) flatlinePL has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) flatlinePL has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) flatlinePL has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) flatlinePL has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) flatlinePL has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) flatlinePL has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) flatlinePL has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) flatlinePL has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    that is pretty much the experience i had Code_B. i competed against two other geared and experienced liters. it was the right choice for me. i was to worried about the rules and getting my attempts in and all that stuff to worry about gear.
    www.flatlinepowerlifting.com

powerlifter70 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) powerlifter70 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) powerlifter70 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) powerlifter70 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) powerlifter70 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) powerlifter70 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) powerlifter70 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) powerlifter70 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) powerlifter70 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) powerlifter70 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) powerlifter70 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by flatlinePL View Post

Originally Posted by Code_B View Post
    I agree with this. I just had my first meet and learning is the most important thing you can do. Between timing warmups, timing meals, watching strong as mother f*ckers lift, and calming my nerves I had enough to worry about. Throw in warming up with gear and having to have someone there to help you get your sh*t on will be too much. Just go and have a good time.
    Good advice here. But if you are dead set on using gear at this meet, I recommend the titan F6. They say its for benchers with an arch, but I have no arch and have had great success with this shirt. It helps keep the bar from hitting the uprights on the way up. Alot of shirts tend to shoot the weight back up over your face and the F6 does not do this.

Thanks for all of the great advice guys. I have found a local NASA meet that takes place this weekend and i am going to go an observe all of the people and events and get an idea of how it all works. I still have alot to think about with the whole gear stuff and i think i need to make my mind up soon.

I havent heard much on Titan gear, is it quality/expensive?

NASAKYCHAIRMAN is a jewel in the rough. (+500) NASAKYCHAIRMAN is a jewel in the rough. (+500) NASAKYCHAIRMAN is a jewel in the rough. (+500) NASAKYCHAIRMAN is a jewel in the rough. (+500) NASAKYCHAIRMAN is a jewel in the rough. (+500) NASAKYCHAIRMAN is a jewel in the rough. (+500) NASAKYCHAIRMAN is a jewel in the rough. (+500) NASAKYCHAIRMAN is a jewel in the rough. (+500) NASAKYCHAIRMAN is a jewel in the rough. (+500) NASAKYCHAIRMAN is a jewel in the rough. (+500) NASAKYCHAIRMAN is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by DiamondInTheRuf View Post
    I was looking at the Rage cause i dont bench with an arch. Is this a good shirt to learn with?
    I don't bench press with the an arch too. So, the Inzer Rage X will work great for you.

TRAIN HARD

"BIG WILLIE" J.T. HALL