Thread: Potato skins

placebro has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) placebro has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) placebro has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) placebro has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) placebro has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) placebro has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) placebro has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) placebro has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) placebro has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) placebro has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) placebro has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Potato skins

I see that a lot of people are big on the potato. I even see a lot of people in the Alan Arangon pre/post thread talking about throwing them into shakes. I was just curious - do you leave the skins on when you eat them? How about when you put them into the shakes? Does taking the skin off lessen the nutritional value?

Since a lot of people were raving about it, I was going to try to put a potato in my pwo shake...but I can't imagine I could stomach it with the skin. That's usually my favorite part, but not in a shake.
    placebro@getrippednutrition.com

Nom Z has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Nom Z has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Nom Z has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Nom Z has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Nom Z has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Nom Z has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Nom Z has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Nom Z has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Nom Z has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Nom Z has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Nom Z has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I dont know about the shake, but the skin is the best part to me, as long as you clean it well. I believe there is a lot of nutrients in the skin too, see what other people see...
    Meow

bookv has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bookv has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bookv has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bookv has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bookv has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bookv has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bookv has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bookv has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bookv has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bookv has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bookv has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I'll pass on the potato in the shake. But I LOVE potatoes, and you should eat the skin, they contain the vitamins.

willldabeast is a jewel in the rough. (+500) willldabeast is a jewel in the rough. (+500) willldabeast is a jewel in the rough. (+500) willldabeast is a jewel in the rough. (+500) willldabeast is a jewel in the rough. (+500) willldabeast is a jewel in the rough. (+500) willldabeast is a jewel in the rough. (+500) willldabeast is a jewel in the rough. (+500) willldabeast is a jewel in the rough. (+500) willldabeast is a jewel in the rough. (+500) willldabeast is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    definitely, sweet potato skin is the best. i have never heard of putting them in a shake though...

PhD in Broscience, 2009 soundcheck129's Avatar
    soundcheck129 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) soundcheck129 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) soundcheck129 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) soundcheck129 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) soundcheck129 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) soundcheck129 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) soundcheck129 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) soundcheck129 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) soundcheck129 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) soundcheck129 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) soundcheck129 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    The skins are awesome, but I wouldn't put them in a shake, that feels like a waste to me.
    ALLMAX Nutrition Rep

Free H:VOL! http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=165477791

Certified Personal Trainer - PM for Training and Nutrition

ALLMAX Nutrition, Inc.
    SCIENCE - INNOVATION - QUALITY - RESULTS
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/all/all.htm

Disclaimer: All forum or bulletin board posts are solely my opinions and do not necessarily reflect the views of ALLMAX Nutrition. Consult a medical professional whenever your health is concerned.

xstillfly has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    quit being a pussy and eat the damn skin. its ****ing likely it taste a hell of a lot better than the protein shake

MeMojo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MeMojo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MeMojo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MeMojo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MeMojo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MeMojo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MeMojo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MeMojo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MeMojo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MeMojo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MeMojo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Both whites and sweet potatoes, baked (cleaned well first), a light coat of olive oil and with the skin.

biglee2007 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) biglee2007 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) biglee2007 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) biglee2007 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) biglee2007 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) biglee2007 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) biglee2007 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) biglee2007 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) biglee2007 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) biglee2007 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) biglee2007 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I eat them with the skins but if you don't like the skin don't eat it. And please don't put it in your shake, can you imagine how that tastes? Extreme milk chocolate and potatoes? mmmm

The Solution has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I always peel off the skin, but that is just personal preference, and yes its a bitch when that sweet potato is steaming,

never heard of anyone throwing potatoes in a shake, i think hes referring to potatoes as a good PWO / PRE workout carb source.

PopPillsLikePez will become famous soon enough. (+50) PopPillsLikePez will become famous soon enough. (+50) PopPillsLikePez will become famous soon enough. (+50) PopPillsLikePez will become famous soon enough. (+50) PopPillsLikePez will become famous soon enough. (+50) PopPillsLikePez will become famous soon enough. (+50) PopPillsLikePez will become famous soon enough. (+50) PopPillsLikePez will become famous soon enough. (+50) PopPillsLikePez will become famous soon enough. (+50) PopPillsLikePez will become famous soon enough. (+50) PopPillsLikePez will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I love potato skins, healthy and delish

"Im gonna take you to the bank, the blood bank" - Steven Seagal

PolishSasquatch is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PolishSasquatch is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PolishSasquatch is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PolishSasquatch is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PolishSasquatch is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PolishSasquatch is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PolishSasquatch is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PolishSasquatch is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PolishSasquatch is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PolishSasquatch is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PolishSasquatch is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by MeMojo View Post
    Both whites and sweet potatoes, baked (cleaned well first), a light coat of olive oil and with the skin.
    hohoho man, leaving the skin on with olive oil and some herbs on that baked are my faaaave.
    I have broiled potatoes everyday for dinner. meat and potatoes kinda guy
    Automotive Engineer
    foxbody, cummins crew obs ford, 81 deville, 13 q7 tdi, 08 S8 V10

cars: IG: @Greg5OH
    music: http://www.mixcloud.com/DJ5OH/

djansen has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djansen has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djansen has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djansen has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djansen has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djansen has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djansen has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djansen has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djansen has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djansen has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djansen has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I put sweet potatoes in shakes, it makes them sweet and thick. add a little vanilla protein, milk and cinnamon. and leave the skin on, it has most of the nutrients and fiber.
    “You never won’t know what you can’t achieve until you don’t achieve it.”

placebro has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) placebro has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) placebro has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) placebro has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) placebro has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) placebro has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) placebro has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) placebro has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) placebro has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) placebro has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) placebro has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Thanks to everyone who responded...I agree that the skins are the best part...I was just skeptical as to if that would translate into the shake.

Also, since so many people were mentioning in the Aragon Pre/Post thread that they put potatoes in shakes, I thought that taking the skin off first might be one of those things that everyone at BB already knew about...like PB/CC before bed, the importance of squats and deadlifts, or the 5g/day creatine recommendation.

I'm starting to get the hang of things here. =)

TheFate has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TheFate has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TheFate has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TheFate has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TheFate has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TheFate has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TheFate has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TheFate has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TheFate has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TheFate has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TheFate has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Since we on the subject, what you guys putting on your patatoes for toppings ?

The Solution has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by TheFate View Post
    PB + Cinnamon -- Yams / Sweet Potatoes
    Butter - Regular White Potatoes.

Aindreas is just really nice. (+1000) Aindreas is just really nice. (+1000) Aindreas is just really nice. (+1000) Aindreas is just really nice. (+1000) Aindreas is just really nice. (+1000) Aindreas is just really nice. (+1000) Aindreas is just really nice. (+1000) Aindreas is just really nice. (+1000) Aindreas is just really nice. (+1000) Aindreas is just really nice. (+1000) Aindreas is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by TheFate View Post
    Cheese, sour cream and chives, butter, bacon bits, chili, olive oil and rosemary, etc. Lots of things go well on white potatoes. On sweet potatoes I like pumpkin pie spice or cinnamon, butter, coconut oil, applesauce, honey, maple syrup, cream cheese, and melted dark chocolate.

MeMojo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MeMojo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MeMojo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MeMojo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MeMojo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MeMojo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MeMojo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MeMojo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MeMojo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MeMojo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MeMojo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by PolishSasquatch View Post
    hohoho man, leaving the skin on with olive oil and some herbs on that baked are my faaaave.
    I have broiled potatoes everyday for dinner. meat and potatoes kinda guy
    Especially when you bake potatoes (white and sweet together) in bulk.....very tempting to go over board with carbs..............

TheFate has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TheFate has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TheFate has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TheFate has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TheFate has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TheFate has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TheFate has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TheFate has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TheFate has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TheFate has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TheFate has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by Aindreas View Post
    Cheese, sour cream and chives, butter, bacon bits, chili, olive oil and rosemary, etc. Lots of things go well on white potatoes. On sweet potatoes I like pumpkin pie spice or cinnamon, butter, coconut oil, applesauce, honey, maple syrup, cream cheese, and melted dark chocolate.
    Damn mayne.... You dont think you over doing it ? haha

Oddball8945 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Oddball8945 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Oddball8945 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Oddball8945 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Oddball8945 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Oddball8945 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Oddball8945 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Oddball8945 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Oddball8945 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Oddball8945 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Oddball8945 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by mark427 View Post
    I was just curious - do you leave the skins on when you eat them? How about when you put them into the shakes? .
    wait..........did you imply that you put Potato's in your shakes? Jesus wtf

and yes i do eat the skins, it a delicious part of the potato when baked.....wtf why blend a potato in to a shake
    Deport ALL Illegal Aliens

djansen has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djansen has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djansen has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djansen has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djansen has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djansen has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djansen has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djansen has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djansen has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djansen has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djansen has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Oddball8945 View Post

and yes i do eat the skins, it a delicious part of the potato when baked.....wtf why blend a potato in to a shake
    sweet potatoes in shakes are awesome, they make it thick and good. skin and all.
    “You never won’t know what you can’t achieve until you don’t achieve it.”

Originally Posted by Oddball8945 View Post

I've never done it, but have seen countless posts (including a few in this thread) of people who have. I was planning on trying it.

cassandre has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    potatoe skin : yes, but only if organic !!