Page 2 of 218 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 102 ... LastLast
    matthor is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) matthor is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) matthor is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) matthor is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) matthor is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) matthor is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) matthor is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) matthor is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) matthor is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) matthor is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) matthor is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    i hear you on the running but taking it slow is CRUCIAL!

After an ankle injury i spent what it hought was ages building myself back up, i did long slow distance then built into tempo and lactic threshold work but despite my care, my first sprint session tweaked my hammie and havent run since. take it slow
    "There's levels of retardation most people don't even know about"

- Matt's Journal
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=84812603#post84812603

"Solid session after all that alcohol intoxication" - Kruczynski

2 D has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2 D has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2 D has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2 D has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2 D has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2 D has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2 D has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2 D has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2 D has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2 D has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2 D has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

FULLBODY WORKOUT

Wednesday May 7, 2008

Leg Stretching
    10 minute moderate intensity warmup on Fit Cycle

Deadlift
    296 lbs. x 5 x 8 x8 x8
    superset into
    Barbell Curls
    80 lbs. x 8 x 8 x 8 x 8

2 minute recovery on Fit Cycle in between sets

TRI-SET!!!
    Front Squats
    135 lbs. x 6 x 10 x 8 x 8
    Superset into
    Body weight Chins
    x 10 x 10 x 10 x 10
    Tri-Set into
    D.B. Standing Push Press
    90 lbs. x 6 x 8 x 5 x 10

2 minute recovery on Fit Cycle in between sets (see after notes for this part)

Pec Fly
    175 lbs. x 6 x 8 x 8 x 10
    Superset into
    Seated Rows
    195 lbs. x 8 x 6 (+30 lbs.) x 8 x 8 (-30 lbs.)

2 minute recovery on Fit Cycle in between sets

Cool down
    Leg Stretching

Total Effort: 8/10
    Walk before you can run factor: 2/10

Notes:
    This was a tough workout in a lot of ways, I usually don't lift in the evenings, that sort of threw me off, wasn't totally amped for today's session until I got into it. People in my gym don't seem to be totally aware of other people... I was using the cage for the Tri-Set and while in the middle of the circuit, some dude stripped the plates and took the bar down to do bicep curls. I hate that crap! So as a result I had to do an active recovery of about 8 minutes waiting for him to finish just one exercise. Luckily I could see the cage perfectly from the cycle and jumped off once I realized he was finishing up.

Aside from that the whole thing went pretty well. Deads still aren't as strong as they used to be sadly, solid form and technique though. D.B. Push Press leaves a LOT to be desired, I should NOT have thrown that into the tri-set seeing as how it's one of my weakest exercises. I should have foreseen this and instead combined it with just front squats or done it last by itself. I usually press more weight, the tri-set ruined me today. On the plus side I nailed the chins, awesome form and R.O.M.

It wasn't until near the end of the workout that I realized that my pedaling cadence was quite high (around 120 rpm) so as a result I'm going to up the cals to around 2.6k for the day, since I was going at a much faster pace. Ended up doing a lot of cardio at a higher intensity than I should have.

Fitness Journal:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=107651531

The Solution has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    wow 2 super sets and a tri-set? ever consider just sticking to the basic exercises and hitting them hard.

Deads , Squats, DB/BB Rows, Bench, Overhead Press instead of trying to desecrate urself with the monster sets.

Working out at night when its busy you have to expect someone to just hop onto your stuff, its not going to be as easy as if you workout in the morning, i learned that the hardway a while ago.

Glad to see u upping the carbs, it seemed like u did a lot of cardio. pre / during / and post-workout

try to reduce ur cardio to LOW INTENSITY jut afterwards for 10-20 minutes, thats all you need to suffice andy.

2 D has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2 D has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2 D has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2 D has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2 D has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2 D has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2 D has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2 D has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2 D has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2 D has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2 D has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by LayzieBone085 View Post
    wow 2 super sets and a tri-set? ever consider just sticking to the basic exercises and hitting them hard.

Deads , Squats, DB/BB Rows, Bench, Overhead Press instead of trying to desecrate urself with the monster sets.

Working out at night when its busy you have to expect someone to just hop onto your stuff, its not going to be as easy as if you workout in the morning, i learned that the hardway a while ago.

Glad to see u upping the carbs, it seemed like u did a lot of cardio. pre / during / and post-workout

try to reduce ur cardio to LOW INTENSITY jut afterwards for 10-20 minutes, thats all you need to suffice andy.
    Yeah I did that over the fall and did cardio after lifting instead of the active recovery. I'm not gonna lie I made some nice strength gains doing that and it was nice because I wasn't drenched in sweat doing it. I've been doing this routine for about five-six weeks now and I'm going to finish it this week probably and go onto another.

I'll keep the schedule and diet the same, just alter weight training regimen to focus on strength and power. I'm looking at the modified westside routine I posted on the previous page as well as the HFT from Waterbury.

As for the cardio that is a HUGE problem I'm having and I'm in the process of trying to fix over-doing it. I was better at this last year, but this training echoes the format I was doing, except not as intense. I've been thinking it could use some alteration though, so I do agree with your thoughts.
    Fitness Journal:

svcatch2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) svcatch2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) svcatch2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) svcatch2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) svcatch2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) svcatch2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) svcatch2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) svcatch2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) svcatch2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) svcatch2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) svcatch2 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    nice workout bro thats a challenging tri set, SWEET!!!
    my journal

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=109830911

is that waterbury workout the Full Body workout 3x a week? i think that would be awesome for you, especially someone trying to recover from a big ED, and getting the body plenty of rest, and focusing on hitting the main exercises 3x a week for great strength gains, that would fit you perfect

I read a lot on chad everyday, and i like a lot his stuff and his program, anyone could benefit from them IMO.

The first 2 things you hav to nail down are the diet, (which you have a great handle on) and finding what you need to gain,

then focus on lowering that cardio a bit and not going overboard with it, seems like ur at it EVERYDAY, that could be a potential hazard and a problem to try and overcome.

But in the long run andy I have a lot of faith in you, and i know your willpower and goals so I think you will be fine in the end.

Keep doing ur thing bud. Im here to support and watch you Grow

theACEofSPADES has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) theACEofSPADES has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) theACEofSPADES has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) theACEofSPADES has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) theACEofSPADES has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) theACEofSPADES has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) theACEofSPADES has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) theACEofSPADES has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) theACEofSPADES has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) theACEofSPADES has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) theACEofSPADES has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    How do you manage to DL 296lbs? You gym has 0.5lbs weights? lol. Nice workout, I like the ironman, still need to see it. Subb'd
    ★☆★ Full-Time Philadelphia Eagles Fan ★☆★

100% 中國人

USMC Infantry

xquick is a name known to all. (+5000) xquick is a name known to all. (+5000) xquick is a name known to all. (+5000) xquick is a name known to all. (+5000) xquick is a name known to all. (+5000) xquick is a name known to all. (+5000) xquick is a name known to all. (+5000) xquick is a name known to all. (+5000) xquick is a name known to all. (+5000) xquick is a name known to all. (+5000) xquick is a name known to all. (+5000)
    lotta work done there andy. impressive superset and tri set. That sucks the dude just swiped the bar in the middle of ur work, it's absurd that people do that kinda stuff

Originally Posted by svcatch2 View Post
    nice workout bro thats a challenging tri set, SWEET!!!
    Yeah that is one of my favorite tri-sets. I've done some others, but that one hits almost every body part minus the chest. It is very draining, but you can still perform the lifts properly with those exercises chained together I feel.

is that waterbury workout the Full Body workout 3x a week? i think that would be awesome for you, especially someone trying to recover from a big ED, and getting the body plenty of rest, and focusing on hitting the main exercises 3x a week for great strength gains, that would fit you perfect

I read a lot on chad everyday, and i like a lot his stuff and his program, anyone could benefit from them IMO.

The first 2 things you hav to nail down are the diet, (which you have a great handle on) and finding what you need to gain,

then focus on lowering that cardio a bit and not going overboard with it, seems like ur at it EVERYDAY, that could be a potential hazard and a problem to try and overcome.

But in the long run andy I have a lot of faith in you, and i know your willpower and goals so I think you will be fine in the end.

Keep doing ur thing bud. Im here to support and watch you Grow
    Appreciate all the support and help Bob, as mentioned before I still have a lot to learn and I know you've got a lot of knowledge and experience here, so it is always welcome and appreciated. As for the waterbury yes, I believe that is the one I was looking into, I'll post the link once I find it. And F.Y.I I'm up to 2,600 cals today, probably gonna finish at 2,600+ before bed, eat some almonds and a slice of turkey or some greek yogurt or something.

Originally Posted by drunkenmaster11 View Post
    How do you manage to DL 296lbs? You gym has 0.5lbs weights? lol. Nice workout, I like the ironman, still need to see it. Subb'd
    Hey drunken, welcome I appreciate you stopping in. As for the weight, they have some plates that are measured in Kilograms, each weighs roughly 44+ pounds (I rounded down). I did two of those on each side, plus one regular 25 lb. plate on each side and then one 10 lb. plate on each side + the weight of the bar. I did the calculation in my head so if it is off, that is why, but it should be right near that number. Last summer when I was eating 3,000 cal a day and doing a different routine I was SLDL around 360 5 reps. So yeah strength way down

Originally Posted by xquick View Post
    lotta work done there andy. impressive superset and tri set. That sucks the dude just swiped the bar in the middle of ur work, it's absurd that people do that kinda stuff
    Thanks Greg, honestly I was expecting that happen. My slight frustration was more to the fact that the gym was that busy this time of the year. It is the summer session, I was here for summer school last year too and I could have taken a nap on the bench press (our gym's most used and desired equipment by far!). I know that traffic picks up in the gym during the evenings, but I wasn't expecting much more of a crowd than the morning because so many people have left town.

Oh well, I just have conditioning work tomorrow, so I can do that in the morning and then go for a light swim tomorrow evening. Should be able to avoid most of the congestion in the gym.
    Last edited by 2 D; 05-07-2008 at 07:09 PM.
    Fitness Journal:

theACEofSPADES has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) theACEofSPADES has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) theACEofSPADES has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) theACEofSPADES has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) theACEofSPADES has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) theACEofSPADES has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) theACEofSPADES has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) theACEofSPADES has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) theACEofSPADES has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) theACEofSPADES has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) theACEofSPADES has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Damn 360lbs SLDL for 5? Thats crazy. You look pretty skinny in your picture
    ★☆★ Full-Time Philadelphia Eagles Fan ★☆★

100% 中國人

USMC Infantry

Oh just for clarity, the "Run before you can walk" reference is a quote from the new Ironman movie from Tony Starks. I liked the quote a lot and found it hit home with my mentality towards training (stubborn as hell).

The higher that number, the more outrageous the workout in terms of demand, duration and total energy expenditure. I've actually worked out so hard and long before that I've hit the wall in the gym and had to basically drag my ass out of there. While I understand that is foolish and wrong, this rating is designed to keep me wanting more at a smart & healthy pace. The higher it goes, the closer I am to reaching my total goal, so that number will take a LONG time to get anywhere near 10.

Originally Posted by drunkenmaster11 View Post
    Damn 360lbs SLDL for 5? Thats crazy. You look pretty skinny in your picture
    Not going to lie, I really plateaued like crazy with that weight and couldn't get past it. I did a deloading phase and then took that lift out of my regimen until about five months ago.
    Last edited by 2 D; 05-07-2008 at 07:16 PM.
    Fitness Journal:

SeanCC is a name known to all. (+5000) SeanCC is a name known to all. (+5000) SeanCC is a name known to all. (+5000) SeanCC is a name known to all. (+5000) SeanCC is a name known to all. (+5000) SeanCC is a name known to all. (+5000) SeanCC is a name known to all. (+5000) SeanCC is a name known to all. (+5000) SeanCC is a name known to all. (+5000) SeanCC is a name known to all. (+5000) SeanCC is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Subbed man, crazy conditioning you have going on. I was doing as much but realized I needed to slow it down - you should be able to eat more even with a goal of trying to lose weight? Either way I'm aboard
    [Official] San Diego Brah

Workout Journal:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=135270701

Originally Posted by SeanCC View Post
    Subbed man, crazy conditioning you have going on. I was doing as much but realized I needed to slow it down - you should be able to eat more even with a goal of trying to lose weight? Either way I'm aboard
    Thanks Sean and welcome! I used to do pretty much ONLY intensive conditioning. Since I added legitimate weight training I'm having a very hard time find a happy medium between too much overall activity, too little or too much of one or the other.

This journal is an ongoing experiment to see how these alterations to my regimen and diet affect my physical being. So yeah I'm going to be making changes here and there, criticism and comments/recommendations are welcome by all. I listen to everyone and take advice into consideration and actually do think about it from many perspectives.
    Fitness Journal:

SeanCC is a name known to all. (+5000) SeanCC is a name known to all. (+5000) SeanCC is a name known to all. (+5000) SeanCC is a name known to all. (+5000) SeanCC is a name known to all. (+5000) SeanCC is a name known to all. (+5000) SeanCC is a name known to all. (+5000) SeanCC is a name known to all. (+5000) SeanCC is a name known to all. (+5000) SeanCC is a name known to all. (+5000) SeanCC is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Yeah I am the same way. Actually I was reading your background/past mistakes and were pretty much the same in everything its funny. Good luck with finding that happy balance.

Workout Journal:

MarvelComicGirl is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MarvelComicGirl is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MarvelComicGirl is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MarvelComicGirl is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MarvelComicGirl is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MarvelComicGirl is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MarvelComicGirl is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MarvelComicGirl is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MarvelComicGirl is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MarvelComicGirl is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MarvelComicGirl is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Hey Andy! *Subbed* Read your past story. Seemed like you had a roller coaster time. Just keep a strong will and keep at it! Plus we are here to help you keep on track, what are friends for eh?

Now I see what you mean about Tri-sets! might give it a go one day. I don't think I could do the tri-set you used O_O! phewy

Nice workouts
    My Journal:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=118412991 (new)

Walafied Geeky Weightlifter/Gamer

Current Goals:
    -Recover
    -Get my Strength back!
    -Lose some lbs~!

matthor is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) matthor is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) matthor is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) matthor is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) matthor is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) matthor is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) matthor is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) matthor is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) matthor is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) matthor is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) matthor is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    very impressive session Andy - you got some great pressing mate and those deads are massive.

that tri set i remembering you mentioning and damn it sure looks intense. Hammer chins after bb curls - ouch the pump!

- Matt's Journal

Originally Posted by matthor View Post
    i hear you on the running but taking it slow is CRUCIAL!

After an ankle injury i spent what it hought was ages building myself back up, i did long slow distance then built into tempo and lactic threshold work but despite my care, my first sprint session tweaked my hammie and havent run since. take it slow
    Yeah I've learned that mistake twice, the doctor said I'd be lucky if I didn't suffer MUCH MORE extensive damage the next time (2nd time I've injured the legs in the same way). So yeah I'm planning on being very slow and careful with my progression.

Yeah I am the same way. Actually I was reading your background/past mistakes and were pretty much the same in everything its funny. Good luck with finding that happy balance.
    Thanks, this should be a valuable learning experience.

Originally Posted by MarvelComicGirl View Post
    Hey Andy! *Subbed* Read your past story. Seemed like you had a roller coaster time. Just keep a strong will and keep at it! Plus we are here to help you keep on track, what are friends for eh?

Now I see what you mean about Tri-sets! might give it a go one day. I don't think I could do the tri-set you used O_O! phewy

Nice workouts
    Hey Jen, glad to have you! Thanks for the support and yeah my past was definitely a rollercoaster, luckily I knew what I was doing in terms of conditioning working my way up slowly. Still having a hard time balancing heavy weights and intensive conditioning.

very impressive session Andy - you got some great pressing mate and those deads are massive.

that tri set i remembering you mentioning and damn it sure looks intense. Hammer chins after bb curls - ouch the pump!
    Yeah, the chins I've been solid on so I knew having those after the B.B. curls would be more beneficial being able to rep em out. I used to sadly focus on biceps heavily and was doing 3-4 exercises on my back/bi's day with my previous regimen so they're used to taking a beating. Luckily it was only once a week on that regimen.
    Fitness Journal:

good news your taking it slow mate. keep a close eye on that food though, your eating only slightly more than Lil who weighs in at 117lbs!

- Matt's Journal

MarvelComicGirl is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MarvelComicGirl is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MarvelComicGirl is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MarvelComicGirl is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MarvelComicGirl is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MarvelComicGirl is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MarvelComicGirl is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MarvelComicGirl is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MarvelComicGirl is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MarvelComicGirl is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MarvelComicGirl is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by 2 D View Post
    Hey Jen, glad to have you! Thanks for the support and yeah my past was definitely a rollercoaster, luckily I knew what I was doing in terms of conditioning working my way up slowly. Still having a hard time balancing heavy weights and intensive conditioning.
    Its a never ending learning experiance ! And its good to be here

good news your taking it slow mate. keep a close eye on that food though, your eating only slightly more than Lil who weighs in at 117lbs!
    Just looked at your fitday Andy. Are there some days you forgot to put items in? I saw some 1500's

Yea 2200-2500 is technically consider a cut for me also doing lots of conditioning you burn a lot more
    My Journal:

Current Goals:
    -Recover
    -Get my Strength back!
    -Lose some lbs~!

Aye, thinking of bumping up the kcals to a higher level, around 2,800 or so. I didn't realize just how intense some of my workouts were, I just assumed everyone around me was lazy.

Originally Posted by MarvelComicGirl View Post
    Its a never ending learning experiance ! And its good to be here

Just looked at your fitday Andy. Are there some days you forgot to put items in? I saw some 1500's

Yea 2200-2500 is technically consider a cut for me also doing lots of conditioning you burn a lot more
    Yeah Jen some days I'll do great logging it until mid-day or so and then just forget. And some days I'll binge so bad that I don't want to log the foods and see the numbers from the carnage staring at me. (I do this very rarely, whenever I buy Nutella it's game over, the jar WILL be gone within 1-2 business days).

Also whenever I go drinking I'll just say "F it!" and just get blasted. I hardly EVER eat around my drinking or during it, but I get f**ked up. Try and stay away from beer, steer towards diet rum & cokes and diet whiskey & cokes, Jin and Tonics, Vodka Tonics etc. Low cal and zero carb drinks that are tasty and will get you messed up.
    Fitness Journal:

I was doing similar workouts to you and losing steadily on 3500. Obviously everyones a bit different but I'm no ecto

Workout Journal:

Tolerance and portining are 2 big factors you need to learn, if you have nutella, pre-make what your going to eat with using what you want, mix it up and store it away, when it comes time to eat then its all you have and when its gone its gone.

When ur having some drinks, have 1 or 2, and then sip on water. Dont say F it and throw in the towell have some self confidence and have some strength.

Im the same way when it comes to eating junk like ice cream, and cakes, ill take 2 bites and then devour the whole thing.. ask my ex g/f i ate her whole birthday cake, a whole 6"x9" cake.. and guess where that took me.. to the hostpital.

3k cals would be ideal for someone 200 lbs IMO

Swimming H.I.I.T

Thursday May 8, 2008

Workout 1

Warmup
    Light stretching

1 lap breaststroke @ work pace (low intensity)
    1 lap sprint freestyle @ full capacity

Repeat x15

Total Duration: ~20 minutes

Workout 2

8 minute active recovery from swimming on fit cycle (low pedaling cadence, around 100 rpm)

Deck of Cards

Club = Burpees
    Diamonds = 15 lb. Medicine Ball Slam x 2
    Spade = 65 lb. D.B. swing
    Hearts = Mountain Climbers x 4
    Joker = 300 meter sprint on Erg

AR = Farmer's walk w/2 80 lb. D.B. for 20 seconds

Total Duration = 18 minutes

Total Effort: 6/10
    Run before you can walk factor: 1/10

Notes:
    Was real keen to get back into the pool after a long layoff. Got there just before it got busy and was able to finish just in time for someone to come and jump into my lane. These were pretty tough, I didn't allow myself to rest, I wanted to hit this hard so the next time I got in the water I'd have somewhat of a chip on my shoulder to perform better. Overall solid, HR was jacked after the sprints.

The cards didn't go so well, first problem was I didn't really have a change of clothes, had to do them in my bathing suit w/warmups over them and a long sleeve t on top. I hit them hard for the short duration, but couldn't get my HR above 169 despite getting up to 58 strokes per min. during the sprints. Ended up doing three farmer walks, one before conditioning, one intra conditioning and one post conditioning.

Overall this workout wasn't great, but my body was spent from swimming and was still very tender from yesterday's workout. I think I pinched a nerve in my neck/shoulder area because the farmer's walks and D.B. swings and Burpees all felt like I was being stuck with a hot poker between my upper delts and my neckline. That is the primary reason why I cut the deck short, also my body felt drained, not tired but drained.

Fitness Journal:

40 minutes of High Intensity cardio is taxing on the body bro, especially with the kcal amount your taking in.

If your going to train this hard your going to have to eat to make up for it Andy. Thats a hell of a lot of work, and you could easily just done the swimming and cooled down for 20 minutes afterwards and called it a day.

Dont be too taxing and go overboard, we want this man to still be in shape and get into a good body, but coming from where you overtrained i know its hard to step away..

Take some small strides

Tolerance and portining are 2 big factors you need to learn, if you have nutella, pre-make what your going to eat with using what you want, mix it up and store it away, when it comes time to eat then its all you have and when its gone its gone.

When ur having some drinks, have 1 or 2, and then sip on water. Dont say F it and throw in the towell have some self confidence and have some strength.

Im the same way when it comes to eating junk like ice cream, and cakes, ill take 2 bites and then devour the whole thing.. ask my ex g/f i ate her whole birthday cake, a whole 6"x9" cake.. and guess where that took me.. to the hostpital.

3k cals would be ideal for someone 200 lbs IMO
    I used to have a LOT of self-control and portioning, that sort of fell by the wayside this winter when things became very stressful for me and I was also very ill for quite a long time (on 9 rounds of VERY powerful antibiotics since X-mas). This journal as mentioned before is trying to get back on all the right tracks, I used to be the master of self-control.

As for drinking I don't go out and get obliterated like my friends do, I usually cut myself around 6-8 on evenings when I want to drink, but not get smashed. On evenings when I don't want to drink, but want to go out and be social I'll have 1-3 and the rare occasion where I go out with the intent of getting obliterated I don't have any restrictions. Others have counted for me and told me I have an extremely high tolerance.

I also rarely drink anymore, when I do its usually a nice cocktail or two (I'm a licensed bartender) and a cigar or something.

40 minutes of High Intensity cardio is taxing on the body bro, especially with the kcal amount your taking in.

If your going to train this hard your going to have to eat to make up for it Andy. Thats a hell of a lot of work, and you could easily just done the swimming and cooled down for 20 minutes afterwards and called it a day.

Dont be too taxing and go overboard, we want this man to still be in shape and get into a good body, but coming from where you overtrained i know its hard to step away..

Take some small strides
    Yeah believe it or not I am... trust me, the old me would have powered through that soreness at all costs regardless of pain or fatigue. I actually feel I stopped right where I needed to. I'm upping the cals and going home tomorrow to see my Mom for Mother's day. I can't stay for the actual Mother's Day, but we're going out to a NICE restaurant tomorrow evening (she doesn't know I'm coming) and I'm going to eat plenty. I've also got some M.M. to help up the cals, also went to local market and got some awesome Almond Butter, Avocados and some other goodies to help up the cals.

EDIT: Also went to G.N.C. and got some Power P.B.
    Last edited by 2 D; 05-08-2008 at 06:49 PM.
    Fitness Journal:

The MM isnt necessary you can simply just take whey, milk, oats, AB or PB, and some fruit and makeurself a decent gainer shake, but MM tastes great and My buddy tossed me a tub for real cheap so i picked some up as well.

Enjoy your dinner, have fun with ur mom and most of all eat till your satisfied. Enjoy this meal man. Im glad to see ur taking care of ur mom, I know i am blessed I have a mom that is willing to do anything for me.

You got a great heart andy, and keep up the hard work, and knowing when to stop is enough.

I was doing similar workouts to you and losing steadily on 3500. Obviously everyones a bit different but I'm no ecto
    True Sean, everybody is different, I feel I'm in between Meso-Endo. I can do that amount of Kcals w/out massive gains, but I feel 2.8k-3k cals is a good amount.

The MM isnt necessary you can simply just take whey, milk, oats, AB or PB, and some fruit and makeurself a decent gainer shake, but MM tastes great and My buddy tossed me a tub for real cheap so i picked some up as well.

Enjoy your dinner, have fun with ur mom and most of all eat till your satisfied. Enjoy this meal man. Im glad to see ur taking care of ur mom, I know i am blessed I have a mom that is willing to do anything for me.

You got a great heart andy, and keep up the hard work, and knowing when to stop is enough.
    Yes I agree M.M. wasn't necessary, I'm using it right now because it's sort of a treat to keep from other sweets, also to up the cals. More so because I'm still in the process of moving and don't want to cook lots of meats that will potentially go to waste.

Thanks for the comment, looking forward to getting home, haven't been there in a while and I feel like my parents need to see me just as bad as I need to see them. Should be a good time, gonna go to class tomorrow morning, then hit a hard fullbody workout, then hit the road. Saturday is off, so won't worry about training or anything.
    Fitness Journal:

very intense session mate. I think you'd be better served opting for one form of higher intensity work (HIIT OR DoC) then some lower intensity steady state.

Ever wonder why you binge? Im thinking cos your body is so fkn deprived of fuel that it reaches a crisis point and you lose control. Eat more on the regular = no need for binges = no purging through exercise or diet cos your guilty = better performance and happier life

- Matt's Journal

very intense session mate. I think you'd be better served opting for one form of higher intensity work (HIIT OR DoC) then some lower intensity steady state.

Ever wonder why you binge? Im thinking cos your body is so fkn deprived of fuel that it reaches a crisis point and you lose control. Eat more on the regular = no need for binges = no purging through exercise or diet cos your guilty = better performance and happier life
    I agree, haven't really binged since I upped the cals. The binges that I have had are typically small and not bad (around 500-800 cals, opposed to 1,000 +).

I was going to workout twice today, instead I was running late and decided to combine the two. I realize now that it didn't work out like I had hoped, next time it'll likely just be swimming for a slightly longer duration like 30 mins or so.
    Fitness Journal:

Awww thats very nice of you to go visit your mother for mothers day have fun going out to eat too! ^___^

AAAH Its aquaman! A DC character *points* haha
    Sweet a DoC~!^___^ nice swim session too
    My Journal:

Current Goals:
    -Recover
    -Get my Strength back!
    -Lose some lbs~!