Closed Thread
Page 141 of 268 FirstFirst ... 41 91 131 139 140 141 142 143 151 191 241 ... LastLast
Results 4,201 to 4,230 of 8031
    Maluket is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Maluket is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Maluket is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Maluket is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Maluket is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Maluket is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Maluket is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Maluket is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Maluket is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Maluket is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Maluket is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Renzinho View Post
    Looking at the rickshaw, it seems to work nice as a regular shurg bar as well, have you ever tried detaching the loading-part of the rick shaw and used it for shurg-bar dead-lifts, or even when it isn't detached, as a partial shurg-bar dead, and what's your evaluation of these exercises in that case?
    Well, if you're asking me, I have the solid one-piece thing above the EFS rickshaw. But yes, the EFS rickshaw is used for shrugs, not just farmers walks or what not. I don't know how low the EFS adjusts, but I'd expect it to be able to adjust low enough to do hex-bar deadlifts without needing to pull the whole thing apart. Maybe someone with one can confirm.

irongym is a jewel in the rough. (+500) irongym is a jewel in the rough. (+500) irongym is a jewel in the rough. (+500) irongym is a jewel in the rough. (+500) irongym is a jewel in the rough. (+500) irongym is a jewel in the rough. (+500) irongym is a jewel in the rough. (+500) irongym is a jewel in the rough. (+500) irongym is a jewel in the rough. (+500) irongym is a jewel in the rough. (+500) irongym is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Maluket, i see where you are coming from on lots of those exercises. In a private home gym I would agree, but for a small commercial facility, I want something that can be set up easily and provide some variety for my patrons ( and myself from time to time).

HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    From Hans:

"Making progress, I know they are sand blasting your stuff today. Drawings complete, Fab underway. Also order for the Multi AB Bench is above."

Highly recommend you guys pick up the Nebula Leverage pieces from Hans. If you are a low Row lover, you have to trade in your Hammer low row and get the Nebula Low Row. The flat and incline benches are outstanding.
    {}---{} Best of the Best Machines and Free Weights Crew #1 {}---{}
    MXA------MEDX Avenger Crew #2------MXA
    []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #12 []---[]

deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by irongym View Post
    In a private home gym I would agree, but for a small commercial facility, I want something that can be set up easily and provide some variety for my patrons ( and myself from time to time).
    There are some videos on YouTube showing the exercises that can be performed on Legend Leveredge 6008. Most companies have some form of that machine in their lineup............. I have seen a couple of the Nautilus XPload versions for sale recently on Ebay and Craigslist. Those should not be too difficult to find.
    []---[] Equipment crew member #51 []---[]

harrisg83 is just really nice. (+1000) harrisg83 is just really nice. (+1000) harrisg83 is just really nice. (+1000) harrisg83 is just really nice. (+1000) harrisg83 is just really nice. (+1000) harrisg83 is just really nice. (+1000) harrisg83 is just really nice. (+1000) harrisg83 is just really nice. (+1000) harrisg83 is just really nice. (+1000) harrisg83 is just really nice. (+1000) harrisg83 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Chris, do you know if Hans is interested in producing the IDA versions of those machines? If your not sure do you mind asking him next time you speak to him?
    Originally Posted by HealthNutMD View Post

Highly recommend you guys pick up the Nebula Leverage pieces from Hans. If you are a low Row lover, you have to trade in your Hammer low row and get the Nebula Low Row. The flat and incline benches are outstanding.

darkfact is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) darkfact is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) darkfact is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) darkfact is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) darkfact is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) darkfact is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) darkfact is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) darkfact is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) darkfact is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) darkfact is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) darkfact is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Great deal!

Finally got info back from the home builder, they got in touch with their mirror dude and he's using 6ft tall 4ft wide pieces of mirror. So basically I'm getting an estimate from gigantic mirrors now lol. I was willing to pay a little more to have the piece of mind of everything being done when I move in but if it's gonna cost me double to get pieces of mirror that are only half as wide then screw that!

Glad this discussion happened last week might help me out alot, another week or two and it would have been too late lol. I'll let you know what happens but I'm asking for quote for doing the 30ft wall 72" tall and 100" tall to see which route I want to go, I need to check out the gym I'm going to again too and see how tall their mirrors are and if I would even want mirrors over 8ft tall, at that point it might not make much difference and I would end up with a couple more breaks in the mirror across the room to make it taller.
    []---[] Equipment Crew #30 []---[]
    []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #7 []---[]

Home gym pics:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=652376&p=1192814061&viewfull=1#post1192814061
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=652376&p=1198875921&viewfull=1#post1198875921
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=652376&p=1202033661&viewfull=1#post1202033661

Maluket is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Maluket is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Maluket is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Maluket is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Maluket is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Maluket is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Maluket is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Maluket is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Maluket is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Maluket is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Maluket is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by irongym View Post
    Maluket, i see where you are coming from on lots of those exercises. In a private home gym I would agree, but for a small commercial facility, I want something that can be set up easily and provide some variety for my patrons ( and myself from time to time).
    Ah, gotcha! Alas, I'm afraid I have little to contribute then.

irongym is a jewel in the rough. (+500) irongym is a jewel in the rough. (+500) irongym is a jewel in the rough. (+500) irongym is a jewel in the rough. (+500) irongym is a jewel in the rough. (+500) irongym is a jewel in the rough. (+500) irongym is a jewel in the rough. (+500) irongym is a jewel in the rough. (+500) irongym is a jewel in the rough. (+500) irongym is a jewel in the rough. (+500) irongym is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by harrisg83 View Post
    Chris, do you know if Hans is interested in producing the IDA versions of those machines? If your not sure do you mind asking him next time you speak to him?
    Everyone at my gym that has used it loves the nebula Ida low row. I got to give it a good run 2 weeks ago, quite possibly one of the best machines I have ever used. Can't wait for the new padding to arrive!

Originally Posted by deadwoodgregg View Post
    There are some videos on YouTube showing the exercises that can be performed on Legend Leveredge 6008. Most companies have some form of that machine in their lineup............. I have seen a couple of the Nautilus XPload versions for sale recently on Ebay and Craigslist. Those should not be too difficult to find.
    The Legend looks very similar to this hammer strength. I prefer the swivel adjustable handles of the Nautilus over those two machines. The reason I'm thinking about and comparing the Hurricane is because of the adjustable grip and free floating arms that for shrugs and deads might allow a more comfortable grip width. Then there is the added bonus of being able to approximate the Viking press which can't be done on any of the other machines. I definetly need to demo one...

HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Here is a picture of my Elite FTS Pro Rickshaw:

I also have the Sorinex Diamond bar.

Additionally, the Power Lift Deadlift Trap bar seems nice with 3 grip choices. http://www.power-lift.com/olympic-powerbars.htm

Attached Images

Last I checked they were all in this years catalog. Give him a call. Deadwood Gregg demoed them I think. I'd be curious to demo the IDA version and compare it to the Nebula version I have. Either way, it feels better than the Hammer.

harrisg83 is just really nice. (+1000) harrisg83 is just really nice. (+1000) harrisg83 is just really nice. (+1000) harrisg83 is just really nice. (+1000) harrisg83 is just really nice. (+1000) harrisg83 is just really nice. (+1000) harrisg83 is just really nice. (+1000) harrisg83 is just really nice. (+1000) harrisg83 is just really nice. (+1000) harrisg83 is just really nice. (+1000) harrisg83 is just really nice. (+1000)
    The Mother'fer who stole my my $699 has the Medx Tricep back up on ebay! Any suggestions guys? His username is cardi 1979.

Terpgym will become famous soon enough. (+50) Terpgym will become famous soon enough. (+50) Terpgym will become famous soon enough. (+50) Terpgym will become famous soon enough. (+50) Terpgym will become famous soon enough. (+50) Terpgym will become famous soon enough. (+50) Terpgym will become famous soon enough. (+50) Terpgym will become famous soon enough. (+50) Terpgym will become famous soon enough. (+50) Terpgym will become famous soon enough. (+50) Terpgym will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Maluket View Post
    I'd forgotten about UCS! Yeah, that looks nice. 1/4" steel plate, 7 gauge, small gap, comes in yellow. I haven't found dimensions yet. The big drawback that I see is the wider front stance. But HealthNutMD got them to customize his GHD, and I don't see any design restrictions that would prevent a single foot in front and a wider stance in back to work better in my garage. Something for me to consider, even if it drives the price point even higher.

Attachment 5377913

I'd heard that Rogue was coming out with their own version of the Nebula now that they own Nebula. The prototype picture I saw looked virtually identical to the Nebula, but I suppose the final product might be different. As you say, perhaps it's worth the short wait. But I think there's a fundamental design constraint at work, which is that since you have to be able to lie down and press from either side, both sides need a wide stance for stability, but that likely equates to instability on my garage floor. I doubt they'll come up with a way around that issue.

Attachment 5377923

Thanks for the feedback on the Power Lift bench. And if I get the Legend, it would just be a straight purchase, so I wouldn't need to deal with their "design" crew.

For a standalone dumbbell bench, other than the Nebula, two contenders would be Bodymasters (18 inches high) and HammerStrength (17 inches).

The Powerlift benches are 19 inches or taller, if I recall.
    Bodymasters is supposedly making a comeback in the near future...

http://item.mobileweb.ebay.com/viewi...id=32799197253

http://commercial.livefit.com/catalo...ench-pro-style

The Mother'fer who stole my my $699 has the Medx Tricep back up on ebay! Any suggestions guys? His username is cardi 1979.
    Can you make a complaint with eBay?

Originally Posted by Terpgym View Post
    For a standalone dumbbell bench, other than the Nebula, two contenders would be Bodymasters (18 inches high) and HammerStrength (17 inches).

The Powerlift benches are 19 inches or taller, if I recall.
    Bodymasters is supposedly making a comeback in the near future...

http://item.mobileweb.ebay.com/viewi...id=32799197253

http://commercial.livefit.com/catalo...ench-pro-style
    If the Power Lift is 19+ inches, I'd pick the Williams Strength over it of what I've seen so far. I don't want a bench that tall. 17" or so is my preference, 18" is probably OK, but 19" is just too tall. I haven't heard back from Power Lift, but I'm pretty small potatoes. We'll see.

The Lifefitness seems to have a fairly big pad gap:

LifefitnessBench.JPG

The Body Masters, though, looks like the sort of thing I'm looking for. Smallish pad gap, supported in the flat position, and various other things from my list. Apparently it's 130 pounds so I'd expect very solid. Keetman apparently has used both the Elite FTS (which should be the same as the Williams Strength I'm considering other than the steps) and the Body Masters. The EFS is his favorite. The Body Masters falls into his "others" category seemingly not worth much mention. And darkfact says of the Body Masters, "It's nice, it's mostly solid with very little rocking, but I wouldn't buy it before the elite bench I have now."

It's not a lot to go on, but I'll probably give the Body Masters a pass based on that. It just looks like there are better options.

nflan113 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nflan113 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nflan113 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nflan113 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nflan113 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nflan113 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nflan113 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nflan113 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nflan113 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nflan113 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nflan113 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I actually saw that and was going to PM you. Wow; what a POS! If there is anything I can do to help, I would be more than happy to
    []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #11 []---[]

+ 92B +

bigboybrent will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigboybrent will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigboybrent will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigboybrent will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigboybrent will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigboybrent will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigboybrent will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigboybrent will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigboybrent will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigboybrent will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigboybrent will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Maluket - have you considered the Atlantis B-177?

I personally had that bench and I loved it! I'm only 5'7 and I think 17inches is perfect. I don't have it anymore, I gave it to my dad. Super easy to maneuver and has 7 incline levels to choose from. I believe some other people here on BB.com have the same bench.
    I can't post a link yet.

Originally Posted by bigboybrent View Post
    Maluket - have you considered the Atlantis B-177?

I personally had that bench and I loved it! I'm only 5'7 and I think 17inches is perfect. I don't have it anymore, I gave it to my dad. Super easy to maneuver and has 7 incline levels to choose from. I believe some other people here on BB.com have the same bench.
    I can't post a link yet.
    It looks good, yes, and I found a used one on sale for $350 (http://www.barbellsales.com/benches.html), though I don't know what shipping is, or if the seller is reputable (edit: looks ripped, never mind on that specific one). I've heard nothing but good things about Atlantis itself, and their benches. I've not seen any pictures of it flat, though, so I'm unclear what the pad gap would be. And I don't see a width specified. Their site says 73 pounds, which is a lightweight in this group, but I'd heard they use 7 gauge steel and it's very solid. I'm also unclear how it does lower inclines from the pictures I've seen, but clearly it does.

Ah, OK, finally found a couple pictures of it flat, though it looks like a somewhat older model. I'm not too sure about the gap. It's gone for the EFS (and others) approach of putting the hinge near to top of the pad, which is probably fine, but it seems like despite this, they still have a maybe two inch gap, which seems enough to be sitting on the hinge itself. But I don't know if it's still like that, or if it's been improved. It's hard to tell looking at pictures, but the EFS/Williams seems like it would be more solid, more stable, as well as having less of a pad gap.

FS285754-109895.jpg
    Last edited by Maluket; 02-12-2013 at 12:12 AM.

nolan3344 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nolan3344 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nolan3344 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nolan3344 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nolan3344 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nolan3344 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nolan3344 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nolan3344 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nolan3344 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nolan3344 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nolan3344 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    From Hans:

"Making progress, I know they are sand blasting your stuff today. Drawings complete, Fab underway. Also order for the Multi AB Bench is above."

I'm sorry if you have explained this earlier but is this the low row that you are talking about? 8040 - **Free Form** IDA Low Row...http://www.nebula-fitness.com/Produc...SubCategory=53

Originally Posted by darkfact View Post
    Finally got info back from the home builder, they got in touch with their mirror dude and he's using 6ft tall 4ft wide pieces of mirror. So basically I'm getting an estimate from gigantic mirrors now lol. I was willing to pay a little more to have the piece of mind of everything being done when I move in but if it's gonna cost me double to get pieces of mirror that are only half as wide then screw that!

Glad this discussion happened last week might help me out alot, another week or two and it would have been too late lol. I'll let you know what happens but I'm asking for quote for doing the 30ft wall 72" tall and 100" tall to see which route I want to go, I need to check out the gym I'm going to again too and see how tall their mirrors are and if I would even want mirrors over 8ft tall, at that point it might not make much difference and I would end up with a couple more breaks in the mirror across the room to make it taller.

No doubt about it I would put 100" tall if I could... That is bad-ass... For the price they were raping you, Gigantic mirrors can come in and get it done for a lot less. I'm looking forward to it...

You have to get on the phone. I had enough of thieves. somebody needs to put a serious hurting on that anorexic thief.
    Last edited by HealthNutMD; 02-12-2013 at 12:03 AM.

darkfact is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) darkfact is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) darkfact is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) darkfact is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) darkfact is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) darkfact is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) darkfact is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) darkfact is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) darkfact is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) darkfact is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) darkfact is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    No doubt about it I would put 100" tall if I could... That is bad-ass... For the price they were raping you, Gigantic mirrors can come in and get it done for a lot less. I'm looking forward to it...
    They got back to me within 2 hours of my asking for a quote. here's what they sent:

"4 to do 30' $1396 installed 72" high. 5 to do 30' x100" high $1745 installed. However, most people don't go to the ground do to weights rolling around and overall activity near the mirror"

Pretty crazy that even 100" tall will be almost $900 cheaper than I had going before. I'm just trying to find out how much time it prior to the appointment they'll need to nail down an install date, then I'll know for sure if I can use them or not. When are yours going in?
    []---[] Equipment Crew #30 []---[]
    []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #7 []---[]

Home gym pics:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=652376&p=1192814061&viewfull=1#post1192814061
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=652376&p=1198875921&viewfull=1#post1198875921
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=652376&p=1202033661&viewfull=1#post1202033661

TLYNCH777 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TLYNCH777 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TLYNCH777 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TLYNCH777 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TLYNCH777 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TLYNCH777 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TLYNCH777 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TLYNCH777 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TLYNCH777 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TLYNCH777 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TLYNCH777 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Angry

What a fool . We got to get this guy . Harris he must of took it down it was not up there when I searched.
    Faith is Like a Muscle... It Must be Trained to Grow Strong. Repeated Experiences of Having to Trust what we Can Not See & Repeated Experience of Learning to Trust in GOD that Things Will Work Out, are what Makes Our Faith Muscles Grow Strong

"Bodybuilding is not just about Physical Training with weights to change how you look. Its also about Mind, Spirit & Body, together in union so that everything grows, not just your muscles."
    -Serge Nubret

\YORK/ \BARBELL CLUB/ #23

ndmike99 is a name known to all. (+5000) ndmike99 is a name known to all. (+5000) ndmike99 is a name known to all. (+5000) ndmike99 is a name known to all. (+5000) ndmike99 is a name known to all. (+5000) ndmike99 is a name known to all. (+5000) ndmike99 is a name known to all. (+5000) ndmike99 is a name known to all. (+5000) ndmike99 is a name known to all. (+5000) ndmike99 is a name known to all. (+5000) ndmike99 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by TLYNCH777 View Post
    What a fool . We got to get this guy . Harris he must of took it down it was not up there when I searched.
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Med-ex-trice...fc2117e&_uhb=1

How can he sell anything after looking at his feedback?

That's what I'm trying to figure out. A 98.1 rating on the surface sounds pretty good to me. They (ebay) told me anything under a 99% user rating is considered bad. WTF? Anyway, ebay says they'll look further into this guys account but they do a really bad job at protecting their buyers. They also told me it was too late to provide any negative feedback on the seller since it's been over 60 days since the purchase was made. WTF!
    Originally Posted by ndmike99 View Post
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Med-ex-trice...fc2117e&_uhb=1

How can he sell anything after looking at his feedback?

squat802 is just really nice. (+1000) squat802 is just really nice. (+1000) squat802 is just really nice. (+1000) squat802 is just really nice. (+1000) squat802 is just really nice. (+1000) squat802 is just really nice. (+1000) squat802 is just really nice. (+1000) squat802 is just really nice. (+1000) squat802 is just really nice. (+1000) squat802 is just really nice. (+1000) squat802 is just really nice. (+1000)
    That's what I'm trying to figure out. A 98.1 rating on the surface sounds pretty good to me. They (ebay) told me anything under a 99% user rating is considered bad. WTF? Anyway, ebay says they'll look further into this guys account but they do a really bad job at protecting their buyers. They also told me it was too late to provide any negative feedback on the seller since it's been over 60 days since the purchase was made. WTF!
    I sent you a pm but again I would contact your local police authorities and file a report since basically you were a victim of a crime. Provide as much information as possible and they will investigate it and contact the proper authorities in the sellers area. I'm not in law enforcement but have several friends/relatives that are and this is what they advised me to do when I almost got ripped off on craigslist. Once I told the seller I was contacting the police I got all my money back. It might be worth a shot since ebay/paypal won't help you out.ebay is more concerned about making money than doing what's ethical and protecting the buyer imo. Might be worth a shot especially since the seller is trying to resell the exact same equipment you previously paid for. Good Luck.

Right, a 354 with 98.1% positive feedback looks pretty good to me. Only a 1.9% chance of being upset enough to leave negative feedback? Sold! Then you go to his feedback page, and it's practically solid red. Wait, what??? At first, I couldn't figure out what the hell ebay was doing to get 98.1%. But it's just his feedback as a seller that's all red, and when someone bought several things from them and got ripped off on all of them, that only counts once. So all you need to do to beat the system is buy a lot of cheap junk and pay on time, then rip off everyone you sell to, and just make sure they're big sales like, say, exercise equipment. Bonus points for accusing the people who leave you bad feedback of having never paid. Nice!

But yeah, I can see how a lot of people wouldn't bother going to the actual feedback after seeing 98.1%. So he can continue to rip people off.

My experience wasn't nearly so bad, but I had a seller try to sell to me outside of ebay. Well, I figure anyone willing to rip off ebay is willing to rip ME off, so no, hell no. So I turned them in. The guy on the phone (you can't even report people through the site) couldn't have cared less. He was polite and thanked me, but wasn't even interested in seeing the emails that proved what I was saying. And they can't do anything to a member without a whole lot of proof. So there you go. As best I can tell, ebay doesn't care when someone rips THEM off, so they probably really don't care when someone rips YOU off. It kind of left a sour taste in my mouth.
    Last edited by Maluket; 02-12-2013 at 08:20 AM.

Originally Posted by TLYNCH777 View Post
    Fruitland Park, Florida, United States

Ships to:
    Local pick-up only

Somebody needs to 'pick this unit up'

Originally Posted by darkfact View Post
    They got back to me within 2 hours of my asking for a quote. here's what they sent:

"4 to do 30' $1396 installed 72" high. 5 to do 30' x100" high $1745 installed. However, most people don't go to the ground do to weights rolling around and overall activity near the mirror"

Pretty crazy that even 100" tall will be almost $900 cheaper than I had going before. I'm just trying to find out how much time it prior to the appointment they'll need to nail down an install date, then I'll know for sure if I can use them or not. When are yours going in?

They are really cool. For my area, they have one guy who covers Sand Diego thru Seattle... He lives in Southern California, so those people get the fastest times--Seattle gets the slowest times since they wait until they get enough orders and then make a run. Either way, those prices are great. I would have gone the Home Depot Route but those mirrors are too small. I think they said 2 weeks they will be here.

I really liked the idea I could cut that 100" long piece wherever I wanted, so that made me want to order another piece. I don't want to get too crazy because this is a rental. The odds of mirror surviving a move is prob 50/50 at best.

I like the idea of 100" tall by 6' wide very much. How tall are the walls? Even if it is 1 foot off the ground, the extra height of the mirrors will be impressive and open/brighten things up. I always think about how 2 of the walls should be mirrors and the other two walls massive open windows.

Originally Posted by squat802 View Post
    I would contact your local police authorities and file a report since basically you were a victim of a crime. Provide as much information as possible and they will investigate it and contact the proper authorities in the sellers area.
    http://fruitlandpark.org/police.htm

Attached Images

Closed Thread
Page 141 of 268 FirstFirst ... 41 91 131 139 140 141 142 143 151 191 241 ... LastLast