haribola has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Unhappy My body is too out of proportion!?

Hello.

The title of this thread may sound a little weird, but I just wanted to share my feelings in regards to my body right now and the potential of changing it through workout.

All my life I have been scrawny, and have gained as much information as I can in regards to changing it and adding more muscle. But something has come to my attention which is now making me think I am doomed in the sense that even if I work extra hard to gain more size, it won't look right....

...The sole cause of this is my shoulders!

Unfortunately I have very narrow shoulders that stick out quite a lot. Every bodybuiler I see have shoulders that were oviously not so narrow in the first place, so their body now looks in proportion...even thought they have added mass onto them, they still don't stick out as far as mine, if you see what I mean?

I have come to the conclusion that even if I bulked up loads, my shoulders would still make everything look out of proportion, my head and neck would look tiny!

What I wanted to do was post a picture of my shoulder length so you could see what I am complaining about, and just to get some comments if you have had to work with the same problem. Probably not, my shoulders seem freakishly long. And I am aware I am very skinny, it's just the shoulders I wanted us to focus on...

* Please click on my profile picture for a large image *

My right shoulder even looks like it sticks out more than the left!

Anyway, I just wanted to vent my frustration here, I feel it looks stupid wearing anything, so I wanted to change my appearance through workout, but I am wondering now if my body limbs are too long and out of proportion already.

Thank you for reading
    Last edited by haribola; 06-14-2009 at 05:26 AM.

E60M5 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) E60M5 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) E60M5 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) E60M5 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) E60M5 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) E60M5 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) E60M5 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) E60M5 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) E60M5 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) E60M5 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) E60M5 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I dont see anything wrong with your shoulders TBH, You are never going to be a mass monster, So work to your advantages. You are very lean and have quite squared of shoulders. Why not play to your advantages and add a little mass, But concerntrate on been cut and defined as opposed to size? I'd wouldnt mind a little more squared off shoulders.

The issue is your looking at BODYBUILDERS. People who have been training for years, Dedicating their life and diet to adding sculpting their bodies, and 9/10 of the use of anabolics. Dont look at wrestlers and bodybuilders for inspiration, Play to your advantage, Set small regular goals frequently, As opposed to setting one big goal.

For example, I want to get my arms upto 18". But before i can do this, I must get them to 17", then 17.5".

Figure out what you want, I think you would look good as a long term goal if you added some mass, but kept your definition and lean size. Go on a clean bulk, and see how you get on from there. The most important thing to you is play to your advantages. Turn your disadvantage into an advantage. For example, im a short arse 5 foot 7, I look tiny compared to my training partners who are 6 foot 2 and 6 foot 4. However, cause im smaller, My arms are smaller so i can bench press well, And 16" arms on me look bigger than their 17.5" arms cause im smaller. Sede, ITurned my disadvantage into my advantage.
    ☆☆☆υк ¢яєω☆☆☆

"Amazing Isn't It? This Is One Of The Ugliest, Most Annoying Cars On The Planet, Yet, At The Touch Of a Button, Becomes One Of The Very Best. It Becomes, An M5!!!"

chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    umm
    they look pretty normal to me. they actually look like mine did at your age.
    I think your being a little overly critical of yourself. You actually look like you have a good foundation to build upon to me.

Thank you for your feedback so far guys

ramsesthe2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ramsesthe2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ramsesthe2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ramsesthe2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ramsesthe2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ramsesthe2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ramsesthe2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ramsesthe2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ramsesthe2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ramsesthe2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ramsesthe2 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by haribola View Post
    Hello.

The title of this thread may sound a little weird, but I just wanted to share my feelings in regards to my body right now and the potential of changing it through workout.

All my life I have been scrawny, and have gained as much information as I can in regards to changing it and adding more muscle. But something has come to my attention which is now making me think I am doomed in the sense that even if I work extra hard to gain more size, it won't look right....

...The sole cause of this is my shoulders!

Unfortunately I have very narrow shoulders that stick out quite a lot. Every bodybuiler I see have shoulders that were oviously not so narrow in the first place, so their body now looks in proportion...even thought they have added mass onto them, they still don't stick out as far as mine, if you see what I mean?

I have come to the conclusion that even if I bulked up loads, my shoulders would still make everything look out of proportion, my head and neck would look tiny!

What I wanted to do was post a picture of my shoulder length so you could see what I am complaining about, and just to get some comments if you have had to work with the same problem. Probably not, my shoulders seem freakishly long. And I am aware I am very skinny, it's just the shoulders I wanted us to focus on...

* Please click on my profile picture for a large image *

My right shoulder even looks like it sticks out more than the left!

Anyway, I just wanted to vent my frustration here, I feel it looks stupid wearing anything, so I wanted to change my appearance through workout, but I am wondering now if my body limbs are too long and out of proportion already.

Thank you for reading
    This is the biggest bunch of bull**** I've ever read in my life! Eat lots and lift heavy and stop making excuses!
    @biogains coconut oil based protein bars

"We must all suffer one of two things: the pain of discipline or the pain of regret or disappointment."

"The first and the best victory is to conquer self."

ememCe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ememCe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ememCe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ememCe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ememCe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ememCe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ememCe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ememCe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ememCe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ememCe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ememCe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I wish I could eat anything I want and not gain a pound. Id be hitting the weights hard and dirty bulking like crazy.

PolishSasquatch is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PolishSasquatch is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PolishSasquatch is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PolishSasquatch is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PolishSasquatch is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PolishSasquatch is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PolishSasquatch is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PolishSasquatch is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PolishSasquatch is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PolishSasquatch is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PolishSasquatch is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    didnt read anything u worte otehr than you have really small shoulders. I was in the same boat as you. i was 6 foot 130 pounds, didnt look like i owned a pair of shoulders. took me 4 years to get the shoudlers i ahve now, and they are still small, but looc decent for now
    Automotive Engineer
    foxbody, cummins crew obs ford, 81 deville, 13 q7 tdi, 08 S8 V10

cars: IG: @Greg5OH
    music: http://www.mixcloud.com/DJ5OH/

Saldio has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Your shoulders are well proportioned to your torso. Many people would envy you. Now go throw some meat on them.

anabolic_alex has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) anabolic_alex has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I didnt read one word of your post, just the title and I looked at your picture. Your skinny, there is nothing that is out of proportion.. I hear this all the time, and these "flaws" that you find are things that only you see...and once you gain a good amount of muscle, the tiny innacuracies in body symmetry should disappear

Thanks for the feedback guys, I really appreciate it

ramsesthe2 - I really don't think I'm making excuses here, it's just what I see. I really feel my shoulders are too 'square' like so any bulk or muscle on me may still make my body look strange...I think I would have to also work on trying to bulk out my neck some how so it won't look as bad!

PolishSasquatch - My complaining was that my shoulder structure was too narrow and they stick out, not that they were small (I wish!)

I realise it's quite stupid to complain about my body in this way becuase that's the way I am, but it just got to the point were everytime I see how freakishly long my shoulders stick out in the mirror and how long my limbs are, the question of bodybuilding being effective for me came into my mind. Everytime someone says eat lots, lift heavy, I really get motivated but then I see the unlucky flaws in the reflection and my confidence goes back down.

Anyway, I appreciate all your views so far!

tomatkins has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    My advice would be not to worry about it at all, get your diet sorted out, lift heavy and everything will obviously improve. The harder you work towards something the more satisfying it is when you achieve it, so get to work !

Epith has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Epith has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Think about the people who look worse than you are. That way you'll feel good about yourself.
    www.laserlipoguide.com -- Laser Lipo Guide