DanteEdmond has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DanteEdmond has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DanteEdmond has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DanteEdmond has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DanteEdmond has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DanteEdmond has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DanteEdmond has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DanteEdmond has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DanteEdmond has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DanteEdmond has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DanteEdmond has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Axios: Burgum rising in VP sweepstakes

https://www.axios.com/2024/04/28/tru...nder-election?

What you say, misc? ... Is it time for Burgum-mania !?!?

FelixTheCat1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FelixTheCat1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FelixTheCat1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FelixTheCat1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FelixTheCat1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FelixTheCat1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FelixTheCat1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FelixTheCat1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FelixTheCat1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FelixTheCat1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FelixTheCat1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    No. It has to be somebody under 60 years old, srs. We need someone who can be a viable candidate in 2028, and people are done with these ancient politicians after this round

John L has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) John L has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) John L has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) John L has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) John L has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) John L has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) John L has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) John L has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) John L has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) John L has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) John L has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    He should pick someone younger. Plus Burgum won't move the needle whatsoever.

Honestly if he's looking for someone to make the ticket more "electable", Zeldin would be a pretty good choice, since he performs well in the suburbs which is where Blumpf needs the most help. But his VP would probably wind up being a GOP frontrunner for 2028, I doubt Zeldin could win a general election at the top of the ticket. Plus while he was solidly conservative for a suburban congressional district, I'd want someone more conservative running for president.
    *Sit there and don't know what to do when people sing happy birthday to me crew*

GuineaDago585 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GuineaDago585 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GuineaDago585 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GuineaDago585 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GuineaDago585 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GuineaDago585 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GuineaDago585 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GuineaDago585 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GuineaDago585 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GuineaDago585 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GuineaDago585 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Bergum is a likable guy, but I’ve listened to his speeches and he’s not a particularly captivating character. Kinda dull and generic, trips over his sentences sometimes. In a way that’s good because he’s authentic, but he reminds me of Gary Johnson with a higher IQ.

There are some questionable things in his past though. He was aligned with Bill Gates during his tech career and apparently vetoed some transgender sports bans. Not great.

But Bergum certainly won’t hurt. If Trump wants someone who will just sit in the background, fundraise and not offend anyone, Doug is a solid guy.

Originally Posted by John L View Post

Honestly if he's looking for someone to make the ticket more "electable", Zeldin would be a pretty good choice, since he performs well in the suburbs which is where Blumpf needs the most help. But his VP would probably wind up being a GOP frontrunner for 2028, I doubt Zeldin could win a general election at the top of the ticket. Plus while he was solidly conservative for a suburban congressional district, I'd want someone more conservative running for president.
    Zeldin is a great pick, all the pros of Bergum and then some. None of the cons. A better campaigner too, by far.

DanteEdmond has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DanteEdmond has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DanteEdmond has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DanteEdmond has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DanteEdmond has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DanteEdmond has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DanteEdmond has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DanteEdmond has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DanteEdmond has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DanteEdmond has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DanteEdmond has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by FelixTheCat1919 View Post
    No. It has to be somebody under 60 years old, srs. We need someone who can be a viable candidate in 2028, and people are done with these ancient politicians after this round
    Burgum is filthy rich. His net worth is $1.1 billion; and he has at least $100 million based on financial disclosures (he likely has more because some of the money may be in family trusts, which are not reportable). He could pump a solid $5-10 million to Trump's campaign

FelixTheCat1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FelixTheCat1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FelixTheCat1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FelixTheCat1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FelixTheCat1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FelixTheCat1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FelixTheCat1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FelixTheCat1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FelixTheCat1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FelixTheCat1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FelixTheCat1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Bergum didn't even make it to Iowa while having arguably as good of a record and policies as anyone who was running

The guy simply doesn't have it

John L has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) John L has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) John L has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) John L has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) John L has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) John L has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) John L has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) John L has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) John L has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) John L has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) John L has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by GuineaDago585 View Post

Zeldin is a great pick, all the pros of Bergum and then some. None of the cons. A better campaigner too, by far.
    If we’re talking strictly about electability, I’d say he’s the best of the bunch who are being considered.

Who else is there to potentially gain Blumpf some swing voters? Ramaswampy would tank the ticket. Scott has basically no appeal, plus he’s single and a lot of people are going to think that’s weird. Noem would be political suicide now that that dog story came out. Burgum is pretty meh. I guess all his money would be a plus for the campaign, but I doubt he’s going to be much of an asset other than that.
    *Sit there and don't know what to do when people sing happy birthday to me crew*

GuineaDago585 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GuineaDago585 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GuineaDago585 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GuineaDago585 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GuineaDago585 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GuineaDago585 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GuineaDago585 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GuineaDago585 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GuineaDago585 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GuineaDago585 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GuineaDago585 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    If we’re talking strictly about electability, I’d say he’s the best of the bunch who are being considered.

Who else is there to potentially gain Blumpf some swing voters? Ramaswampy would tank the ticket. Scott has basically no appeal, plus he’s single and a lot of people are going to think that’s weird. Noem would be political suicide now that that dog story came out. Burgum is pretty meh. I guess all his money would be a plus for the campaign, but I doubt he’s going to be much of an asset other than that.
    He might actually be srs.

The dilemma is that pretty much all of Trump’s potential VP picks are terrible. Here’s the current list based on betting odds and my thoughts:

Katie Britt - JFL after the SOTU response, no chance.

Doug Burgum - See every post ITT.

Ben Carson - Good man, loyal, but boring speaker, too old and low energy.

Ron DeSantis - Not happening.

Byron Donalds - Actually a strong choice, good on policy, great personality, young, energetic, but unfortunately he cannot be picked simply because he’s from Florida.

Tulsi Gabbard - Interesting play, she’d bring in moderates and end RFK’s campaign, bringing those indies to MAGA, but unfortunately her liberal past is a bad look and I genuinely think she’d turn off too much of the MAGA base, losing us the election.

Nikki Haley - Dumb RINO kunt.

Sarah Huckabee Sanders - Probably an ok choice, I can’t stand her accent but she seems competent and capable. Not sure she’s the type of woman who would appeal to the middle though.

Kristi Noem - Batchit crazy sloot.

Mike Pompeo - Globalist war monger, phuck him.

Vivek Ramaswamy - Strong personality, patriot, but Trump will never pick someone who could steal the spotlight and he would turn off moderates.

Marco Rubio - Not a fan, I guess he’d be ok thinking strategically but to me he’s a phony politician.

Tim Scott - The most likely pick IMO, but not a good one. He’s a Neocon ass kisser, similar to, but better at hiding it than Lindsey Graham.

Elise Stefanik - Dunno, she seems good on paper but media paints her as a MTG style lunatic so she’s probably crack under that pressure

JD Vance - Meh, I like him but don’t think he brings a single new voter to the table.

Lee Zeldin actually stands out as the best among everyone on the list. Maybe Trump has some young energetic conservative nobody has ever heard of in mind, but if this is who’s out there, I’d go with Zeldin srs.

Originally Posted by GuineaDago585 View Post
    He might actually be srs.

The dilemma is that pretty much all of Trump’s potential VP picks are terrible. Here’s the current list based on betting odds and my thoughts:

Katie Britt - JFL after the SOTU response, no chance.

Carson brings nothing.

Doug Burgum - See every post ITT.

Ben Carson - Good man, loyal, but boring speaker, too old and low energy.

Ron DeSantis - Not happening.

Byron Donalds - Actually a strong choice, good on policy, great personality, young, energetic, but unfortunately he cannot be picked simply because he’s from Florida.

Tulsi Gabbard - Interesting play, she’d bring in moderates and end RFK’s campaign, bringing those indies to MAGA, but unfortunately her liberal past is a bad look and I genuinely think she’d turn off too much of the MAGA base, losing us the election.

Nikki Haley - Dumb RINO kunt.

Sarah Huckabee Sanders - Probably an ok choice, I can’t stand her accent but she seems competent and capable. Not sure she’s the type of woman who would appeal to the middle though.

Kristi Noem - Batchit crazy sloot.

Mike Pompeo - Globalist war monger, phuck him.

Vivek Ramaswamy - Strong personality, patriot, but Trump will never pick someone who could steal the spotlight and he would turn off moderates.

Marco Rubio - Not a fan, I guess he’d be ok thinking strategically but to me he’s a phony politician.

Tim Scott - The most likely pick IMO, but not a good one. He’s a Neocon ass kisser, similar to, but better at hiding it than Lindsey Graham.

Elise Stefanik - Dunno, she seems good on paper but media paints her as a MTG style lunatic so she’s probably crack under that pressure

JD Vance - Meh, I like him but don’t think he brings a single new voter to the table.

Lee Zeldin actually stands out as the best among everyone on the list. Maybe Trump has some young energetic conservative nobody has ever heard of in mind, but if this is who’s out there, I’d go with Zeldin srs.
    Regarding a few of those, Stefanik actually had a pretty trash record in congress even though she's touted as some very conservative rep from upstate. Zeldin had a more conservative voting record than her especially on immigration.

If we're talking electability on paper Rubio might be a better choice than Zeldin but then we'd have a strictly Florida ticket and that would hurt national appeal. Same with Desantis, only he'd bring in less swing votes than Rubio would because he's to the right of Blumpf. Same with Donalds, plus he has a criminal record or some chit so we'd have two Florida men with criminal records running.

Huckabee Sanders is too ugly. Sorry but the truth hurts

Just lol @ Tulsi. I wouldn't even vote.

Vance was a never Trumper until he decided to run for Senate

Out of all of those, if we're talking strictly who could bring in the most potential fence sitters, it's probably Zeldin. But if we're talking about grooming a successor for 2028, I can't see Zeldin winning at the top of the ticket.

Threatening Democracy gachase21's Avatar
    gachase21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gachase21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gachase21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gachase21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gachase21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gachase21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gachase21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gachase21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gachase21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gachase21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gachase21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I'm a pretty good Doug Burgum fan - would feel more comfortable knowing he's the backup plan to run the country

Electability? Idk - Trump can carry the ticket anyway
    “A society that puts equality before freedom will get neither. A society that puts freedom before equality will get a high degree of both.”

ColdandChilly is just really nice. (+1000) ColdandChilly is just really nice. (+1000) ColdandChilly is just really nice. (+1000) ColdandChilly is just really nice. (+1000) ColdandChilly is just really nice. (+1000) ColdandChilly is just really nice. (+1000) ColdandChilly is just really nice. (+1000) ColdandChilly is just really nice. (+1000) ColdandChilly is just really nice. (+1000) ColdandChilly is just really nice. (+1000) ColdandChilly is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by gachase21 View Post
    I'm a pretty good Doug Burgum fan - would feel more comfortable knowing he's the backup plan to run the country

Electability? Idk - Trump can carry the ticket anyway
    Doug "pro trans" Burgum. Right on brand for MAGA

Threatening Democracy gachase21's Avatar
    gachase21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gachase21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gachase21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gachase21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gachase21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gachase21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gachase21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gachase21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gachase21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gachase21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gachase21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by ColdandChilly View Post
    Doug "pro trans" Burgum. Right on brand for MAGA
    I mean, I disagree with Trump about 1/3 of his stuff- sometimes you have to make compromises to get the best reality person available- Who could actually adequately function.
    “A society that puts equality before freedom will get neither. A society that puts freedom before equality will get a high degree of both.”