jrzcut has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

JRZ Krunked KETO LOG

I've have decided to start my own KETO LOG. If not just to keep myself on schedule and on point. However input and comments are welcome and appreciated. I started a Body Blog as well in a effort to keep myself motivated. I would love some accountability from the members. However, you do have to hold yourself to the fire as well. I've always been very athletic, playing sports in HS and some in College. A broken leg, ripped ligaments, titanium plate, and several screws later my active lifestyle dwindled to nothing as the years have past. My weight ballooned to 235 lbs. and 30% body fat. This summer after a horrible experience of trying on a new swim trunks I decided it was time to change my lifestyle. I never had to deal with being concerned about my body especially being embarrassed by my shape. The biggest problem is that most people don't really think I'm big when I'm out and about with clothes on. Including myself when I look in the mirror. Taking pictures tell the sober truth. However, I do carry weight well. I wouldn't say "well" but you get my drift. I look smaller than I am.

I decided to do a cut diet first for obvious reasons. After lurking around on the forums for which seemed like forever I decided to do a KETO Diet.
    So hear we go!!!

I'm currently half way into week 6 of my 16 week cut.
    I'm also on week 3 of a Keto diet. The first three weeks i just cut calories under maintenance and increased meals.

I will bring everyone up to speed:
    Starting Stats:
    June 8th
    height 5'10
    235 lbs
    30% bf

After 4weeks
    225lbs
    26%

Currently:
    227lbs
    22%

Work Out
    M W Th FR

Cardio:
    M W Th FR Sat.

Diet:
    Keto
    65% fat, 30% protein and 5%
    I make sure i get at least 1 gm. protein per lean body mass lb.

I switch up my workout routine slightly every 2 weeks to confuse my muscles. It has worked well. My strength has increased in every week and every workout. I stated above I am in week 6 of 16. So I will be posting for at least 10 more weeks.

I will post my workout below that i've been doing for this two week period of the 16 week cut.

Mon. and Thurs.

SETS REPS REST:
    1a: Bench Press 3 5-8
    1b: Band Pres 3 20 2 min
    2a: Barbell Row 3 5-8
    2b: Band Row 3 20 2 min
    3a: Military Presss 2 5-8
    3b: Shoulder Band Press 2 20 2 min
    4a: Pull up 2 5-8
    4b: Kneeling Lat Pulldown 2 20 2 min
    5: Diamond Pushups 1 20

Tues and Fri. SETS REPS REST:
    1a: Front Squat 3 5-8
    1b: Jump Squat 3 20 2 min
    2a: Standard Deadlift 3 5-8
    2b: Hamstring Curl 3 20 2 min
    3a: Dumbbell Step Up 2 5-8
    3b: Forward Dumbbell Lunges 2 20 2 min
    4a: Calf Raise (dumbbell) 1 5-8
    4b: Plank 1 45sec hold

I called this log Krunked because I have so much energy going into this 3rd week. I also have to really think about when to eat. Nevertheless, Its nice to be cutting and not starving constantly.
    I'm posting progress pics on my blog as well soon. I gotta get up the courage! lol
    I might post some today.
    I can, I will, I must!....So I will sacrifice who I am for who I will become.

Progress Pictures

I posted Pics to my body space...
    I'm under 30 post so I cant post links... bodyspace.bodybuilding.com/jrzcut/

Leg Work Out

I've switched a few things around this week to get in my missed leg workout..

I decided to do my leg work out this morning. which would normally be my upper body work out and abs today. I will do that workout on Friday and do another leg workout Sat. Morning and start my Carb up right after on Sat.

Now that I got that confusion out the way:

This morning leg work out was hell. I went up on all excercise. Front Squat increased from 270x8 on last set to 320x8 on last set.

My dead lift increased from 175 to 190lbs. I expected jumps like this becuase I'm getting back to my natural strength. Once I get back to my normal weights increase probably will take a dip.

However I felt like crap during this workout even though I was stroung enough to do all my sets. I could barely do any ab workout at the end. I had to cut my cardio in half. I was getting headaches and feeling lightheaded.

I guessing this is probably because I'm do for a carb up since I really didnt' have a crab up last week. Its going on 3weeks in KETO so depletion effects is to be expected.

I know after my workout on Sat morning I'm going to be Jelly. I must say I felt better after my PWO shake. I snuck a peek at my weight and I'm down 2lbs back to 225lbs...I still weight until sat before my carbup to do weight and BF %

End of Week 6

My Friday work out was so demanding after 3 weeks with out a carb load. I went up in my bench and most of my exercises. However, I haven't felt this exhausted in awhile. I thought I would listen to my body and start my carb load Friday night. In effort in save muscle I thought it was needed. This goes to prove how important it is to stay on schedule. However, I have been seeing good gains. This is probably less important because I'm still in the beginning stages. However, when trying to loose the last 2-3 percentage of body fat every day counts that much more.

After my weight training day, which as stated in my previous post was the normally a Thurs day workout, I completed 30 min med/hard intensity of cardio on Friday. I felt utterly depleted after the cardio.

I started my carb up for my dinner meal. I still stayed with in my daily calorie intake for the day. However, today I did have some pizza. I'm trying not to over do it. However, I'm not counting calories this week. I will get progressively strict each week. Including eating cleaner carbs during my carb ups. I wanted to master the regimen before I got too strict.

I also will post my fit day for monday to show an example of my macros for my KETO meal plan.

Also this monday is the start of a new two week work out. MOnday is also going to be official weight to keep things consistent. I may do a pre carb up and post carb up weight-in, in subsequent weeks. Nevertheless, alot of goodies scheduled for tomorrow. I'm actually looking forward to getting back into KETO. This carb up day has got me feeling bloated.

Week 7

Notes from last week:
    I previously posted these notes but I guess It didn't save it or post it correctly. So i guess this is a repost.

Bloat Bloat bloat. My first full real carb up left me feeling like a stuffed animal. I must say I dont care for carb-ups thus far. HOwever, I was fully depleted and was in need of a refuel. I didn't count calories. I didn't particularly eat clean nor did i binge. HOwever, reflecting there is alot of room for improvement for my next carb up.

I have been noticing a steady increase in strength. However I have been swaping muscle for fat and not really loosing weight.

Week 7
    This week starts a new work out routine. My Monday weigh in was a little disappointing. I was at disappointing 228@22.8% bf. I don't know if the numbers where skewed because of the carb up and bloat. Nevertheless, I cant ignore the numbers. I've adjusted my diet a little going down to 2200. I'm also cleaning up my fats. I will get more of my fats from evoo and canola. I've also added another cardio session. My goal is to do 6 days at 30min. I plan to peak out at 7 days 45min/day going into the last weeks of the 16 week cut cycle.

I've also decided to do a Friday weight-in and a monday(post carb up) weight-in.

Training Plan for this two weeks (7th wk and 8th wk)

Monday and Thursday
    Muscle Building Exercise Sets Reps Rest:
    1b: Weighted Pullups 3 5-8 2 min
    2a: Military Press 3 5-8
    2b: 1-Arm Dumbbell Row 3 5-8 2 min
    3a: Tricep Dip 2 8-12
    3b: Hammer Curl 2 8-12 2 min
    4a: Barbell Wrist Curl 2 10-20
    4b: Barbell Reverse Wrist Curl 2 10-20 2 min

Tues. & Friday
    Muscle Building Sets Reps Rest:
    1: Sumo Squat 3 5-8 2 min
    2: Barbell Squat (Not Front Squat) 3 5-8 2 min
    3a: Stiffed Leg Deadlift 3 5-8
    3b: Squat Hold 3 45 sec 2 min
    4a: Dumbbell Step Up 2 5-8
    4b Calf Raise (dumbbell) 2 8-12 90 sec
    5: Super Plank 1 10/side

Workouts this week feel awesome. What a difference a carbup does. I just have to keep it clean. I've been adding lbs to all my exercises consistently. I hope this trend stays the same. I've been pushing the cardio and the week seems to be going fine.

joewiggs32 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by jrzcut View Post
    Notes from last week:
    I previously posted these notes but I guess It didn't save it or post it correctly. So i guess this is a repost.

Bloat Bloat bloat. My first full real carb up left me feeling like a stuffed animal. I must say I dont care for carb-ups thus far. HOwever, I was fully depleted and was in need of a refuel. I didn't count calories. I didn't particularly eat clean nor did i binge. HOwever, reflecting there is alot of room for improvement for my next carb up.

I have been noticing a steady increase in strength. However I have been swaping muscle for fat and not really loosing weight.

Week 7
    This week starts a new work out routine. My Monday weigh in was a little disappointing. I was at disappointing 228@22.8% bf. I don't know if the numbers where skewed because of the carb up and bloat. Nevertheless, I cant ignore the numbers. I've adjusted my diet a little going down to 2200. I'm also cleaning up my fats. I will get more of my fats from evoo and canola. I've also added another cardio session. My goal is to do 6 days at 30min. I plan to peak out at 7 days 45min/day going into the last weeks of the 16 week cut cycle.

I've also decided to do a Friday weight-in and a monday(post carb up) weight-in.

Training Plan for this two weeks (7th wk and 8th wk)

Monday and Thursday
    Muscle Building Exercise Sets Reps Rest:
    1b: Weighted Pullups 3 5-8 2 min
    2a: Military Press 3 5-8
    2b: 1-Arm Dumbbell Row 3 5-8 2 min
    3a: Tricep Dip 2 8-12
    3b: Hammer Curl 2 8-12 2 min
    4a: Barbell Wrist Curl 2 10-20
    4b: Barbell Reverse Wrist Curl 2 10-20 2 min

Tues. & Friday
    Muscle Building Sets Reps Rest:
    1: Sumo Squat 3 5-8 2 min
    2: Barbell Squat (Not Front Squat) 3 5-8 2 min
    3a: Stiffed Leg Deadlift 3 5-8
    3b: Squat Hold 3 45 sec 2 min
    4a: Dumbbell Step Up 2 5-8
    4b Calf Raise (dumbbell) 2 8-12 90 sec
    5: Super Plank 1 10/side

Workouts this week feel awesome. What a difference a carbup does. I just have to keep it clean. I've been adding lbs to all my exercises consistently. I hope this trend stays the same. I've been pushing the cardio and the week seems to be going fine.
    Hey Bro,
    I think we have simlar builds. I started out at 230lbs and now I am down to 224-226lbs. My bodyfat is around 18-23% I have been doing keto for 5 days now. I just started getting minor headache here and there. My stix a little different color. What does your diet look like ? It seems you got somewhat of a grasp on things. I use olive oil , almonds and natural peanut for my health fats. I also take CLA which is supposed to protect your muscles and burns fats. Kepp the motivation going man. It def gets tough but rewarding. I keep telling myself.

Originally Posted by joewiggs32 View Post
    Hey Bro,
    I think we have simlar builds. I started out at 230lbs and now I am down to 224-226lbs. My bodyfat is around 18-23% I have been doing keto for 5 days now. I just started getting minor headache here and there. My stix a little different color. What does your diet look like ? It seems you got somewhat of a grasp on things. I use olive oil , almonds and natural peanut for my health fats. I also take CLA which is supposed to protect your muscles and burns fats. Kepp the motivation going man. It def gets tough but rewarding. I keep telling myself.

Hey Bro, Thanx for checking in! Yeah I researched KETO on the forumns for awhile. I'm doing the CKD approach with weekend carb ups. I just do a 24 hr carb up. As far as my diet I usually have a 3 egg omelet with two pieces of cheese. I occasionally will switch it up and have a piece of chicken or a steak on days i dont have my pwo shake to get extra protein. My second meal i have chicken thigh with spinach and brocoli with canola or evoo on top. Chicken cooked with canola. Third meal salad with spinach and romaine covered in full fat dressing w/ some jalapenos. Forth meal is usally my post work out meal. 5th meal is same as 3rd meal. 6th meal is use to meet my macros depending on what its looking like. Most of the time i need more fat and less protein so I have salad with dressing.

The first five days your body is adjusting. You and me seem like we have similar body types so you might respond similar. Which for me i'm putting more muscle on as I'm leaning out so the body weight will fluctuate. Mine has actually gone up a couple weeks which can be dis-heartening if your just looking at weight. All that cardio and I planned to be melting weight away. Buy yeah stick it out. I believe its the way to go.

joewiggs32 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by jrzcut View Post
    Hey Bro, Thanx for checking in! Yeah I researched KETO on the forumns for awhile. I'm doing the CKD approach with weekend carb ups. I just do a 24 hr carb up. As far as my diet I usually have a 3 egg omelet with two pieces of cheese. I occasionally will switch it up and have a piece of chicken or a steak on days i dont have my pwo shake to get extra protein. My second meal i have chicken thigh with spinach and brocoli with canola or evoo on top. Chicken cooked with canola. Third meal salad with spinach and romaine covered in full fat dressing w/ some jalapenos. Forth meal is usally my post work out meal. 5th meal is same as 3rd meal. 6th meal is use to meet my macros depending on what its looking like. Most of the time i need more fat and less protein so I have salad with dressing.

The first five days your body is adjusting. You and me seem like we have similar body types so you might respond similar. Which for me i'm putting more muscle on as I'm leaning out so the body weight will fluctuate. Mine has actually gone up a couple weeks which can be dis-heartening if your just looking at weight. All that cardio and I planned to be melting weight away. Buy yeah stick it out. I believe its the way to go.
    Hey J,
    Just checking in and seeing how things are going. I hope all is well and you are staying motivated. Man, 3 people have already told me that i look skinny now. I dont know what to think. Is it becuase I was much heavier before or what. I thought I was getting a little leaner. I hope my muscles aint going lol! Oh well, I am going to do Keto for another month and see if I can get the fat down but maintain or possibly gain some muscles.

LDU is on a distinguished road. (+10) LDU is on a distinguished road. (+10) LDU is on a distinguished road. (+10) LDU is on a distinguished road. (+10) LDU is on a distinguished road. (+10) LDU is on a distinguished road. (+10) LDU is on a distinguished road. (+10) LDU is on a distinguished road. (+10) LDU is on a distinguished road. (+10) LDU is on a distinguished road. (+10) LDU is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    JRZcut your doing great, can you PM me how you take your bodyfat measurements.

Cheers