Thread: Machines

"Certified" Reel Nutz mtpockets's Avatar
    mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

Machines

Free weights have always been the mainstay of my training but have incorporated machines a lot over the years and really enjoy them.

Currently away from home for a bit, the hotel gym absolutely sucked as usual, so off to the YMCA it was this morning and boy are they equipped. It’s been a while since I was in a gym with that much gear. Think I peed a little when I first saw it all.

I was recently gifted a rack, bench, sh!tload of plates, dumbbells and a few bars by a young fellow I helped get into bodybuilding years ago that has since moved to another country. I don’t have the space for a lot of equipment but if anything is added it will be a Cable Crossover Machine, they are very versatile and probably one of the machines that I have used the most over the years and really like them a lot.

I utilized the cable crossover and leg machines the most but have used almost all of the machines that I have come in contact with over the years, except the good girl/bad girl machines, Strictly a watcher when it comes to this one and only the ladies.

Have always been a fan of incorporating machines to augment my free weight training and feel they are another tool in the toolbox that can really add to one's training imo.

How about you fukkers, do you incorporate machines? Got any Favorites?
    𝓐𝓲𝓻 𝓕𝓸𝓻𝓬𝓮 𝓥𝓮𝓽𝓮𝓻𝓪𝓷 1976 - 1999 - 𝓒𝓪𝓷𝓷𝓪𝓫𝓲𝓼 𝓔𝓷𝓽𝓱𝓾𝓼𝓲𝓪𝓼𝓽 𝓼𝓲𝓷𝓬𝓮 𝓽𝓱𝓮 1960'𝓼

ᖇᗴ丅Ꭵᖇᗴᗪ ᗩ丅 40 ᑕᖇᗴᗯ - ᔕᗝᑕᎥᗩᒪ ᗪᎥᔕ丅ᗩᑎᑕᎥᑎǤ ᗴ᙭ᑭᗴᖇ丅 - ᒪᎥᐯᎥᑎǤ 丅ᕼᗴ ᗪᖇᗴᗩᗰ

ƚo| ɒ ꙅɿɘʞʞuꟻ bᴎɒ ɿɘʞʞuꟻ ꙅᴎuoᴎoɿq ɿɘbᴎɘǫ ɘʜƚ ɘꙅu I

𝕀 𝕕𝕠𝕟'𝕥 𝕒𝕝𝕨𝕒𝕪𝕤 𝕒𝕘𝕣𝕖𝕖 𝕨𝕚𝕥𝕙 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕞𝕖𝕞𝕖𝕤 𝕀 𝕡𝕠𝕤𝕥

🄸 🅃🄴🄻🄻 🄸🅃 🄻🄸🄺🄴 🄸🅃 🄸🅂, 🄸🄵 🅈🄾🅄 🅆🄰🄽🅃 🅂🄼🄾🄺🄴 🄱🄻🄾🅆🄽 🅄🄿 🅈🄾🅄🅁 🄰🅂🅂 🄾🅁 🅂🄾🄼🄴🅃🄷🄸🄽🄶 🅂🅄🄶🄰🅁 🄲🄾🄰🅃🄴🄳. 🄸 🅂🅄🄶🄶🄴🅂🅃 🅈🄾🅄 🄶🄴🅃 🄰 🄷🄾🄾🄺🄴🅁 🄰🄽🄳 🄰 🄿🄾🅆🄳🄴🅁🄴🄳 🄳🄾🄽🅄🅃

thedickus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thedickus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thedickus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thedickus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thedickus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thedickus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thedickus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thedickus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thedickus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thedickus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thedickus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I've always been a huge believer in machines when it comes to bodybuilding. It all depends on your training style and goals. From a bodybuilding standpoint you can obviously develope a great phsyique from just barbells and dumbbells, look at the golden era bodybuilders. Personally I need variety, I get bored easily. If every chest workout only EVER consisted of barbell benches and dumbbell flys I'd of quit out of boredom years ago. I love smith machines and leverage machines as well as cable machines. In my own home gym I can do just about any exercise with either a barbell, smith, dumbbell, or leverage variation. None are better than the other, but each helps me from going stagnant.
    Again, it depends on goals. If you're a powerlifter then a Smith machine or leverage machine will probably be of little use to you.

One machine I wish I had room for in my home gym is the Hammer Strength Seated Row. The one you'd always see Dorian using. I loved that machine on back day. I also miss a seated dip machine.
    "It is my own fault for replying in a smith thread." deadwoodgregg

Ordained Minister of Perpetual Consumption and all around righteous dude.

My home gym pictures: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthred.php?t=1713641&p=1632857623&viewfull=1#post162857623

My workout journal: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthred.php?t=12069181

Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    When I was a member of a gym, for over 30 years, when Hammer Strength as an example machines were available, yes, I used some in my workouts to change up.

Resistance is resistance.
    Helping one person may not change the world, but it could change the world for one person.

deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    At this point in life, for me, the object is not only to keep training, but to train without injury. I feel that machines are safer, in general.

Not here to argue, so use what you have available at the time.

Originally Posted by mtpockets View Post
    I don’t have the space for a lot of equipment but if anything is added it will be a Cable Crossover Machine, they are very versatile and probably one of the machines that I have used the most over the years and really like them a lot.
    I have an incredibly nice Atlantis 8-stack setup in my home gym. Bought it new.

Also bought a lightly used Atlantis crossover for less than half new price.
    Last edited by deadwoodgregg; 11-11-2023 at 08:05 AM.
    []---[] Equipment crew member #51 []---[]

Cass40 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cass40 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cass40 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cass40 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cass40 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cass40 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cass40 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cass40 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cass40 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cass40 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cass40 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Free weights have always been the mainstay of my training but have incorporated machines a lot over the years and really enjoy them.

Currently away from home for a bit, the hotel gym absolutely sucked as usual, so off to the YMCA it was this morning and boy are they equipped. It’s been a while since I was in a gym with that much gear. Think I peed a little when I first saw it all.

I was recently gifted a rack, bench, sh!tload of plates, dumbbells and a few bars by a young fellow I helped get into bodybuilding years ago that has since moved to another country. I don’t have the space for a lot of equipment but if anything is added it will be a Cable Crossover Machine, they are very versatile and probably one of the machines that I have used the most over the years and really like them a lot.

I utilized the cable crossover and leg machines the most but have used almost all of the machines that I have come in contact with over the years, except the good girl/bad girl machines, Strictly a watcher when it comes to this one and only the ladies.

Have always been a fan of incorporating machines to augment my free weight training and feel they are another tool in the toolbox that can really add to one's training imo.

How about you fukkers, do you incorporate machines? Got any Favorites?
    I do those leg abductors. Last time a lady was coming to use the machine after me and was like wut the hell, you were working on 190lbs. how are you walking?

Other ones I do, sometimes leg presses and lat pulldown machine. I am pretty strong at lat pulldown machine, even though I don't use it that often. The weight is heavier than me so I fly with it when I'm done. Oh occasionally leg curl and extensions too.

That's aboot it.

LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Wife has a membership to LA chitness.

If I ever go over there, I’m going to use some machines, might as well, I mean I have free weights here.

I’d be interested in any unilateral press machines and pec decks, and I would find ways to use the machines that weren’t intended.

That is, if I ever make over there.
    Authenic Kights Sing Heavy Steel and Have Hands and Wriss of Steel!

Anti-Traditional Pograms, Student of Instinc Training

"The Mucle Feds Itself"- LWW

"Riley [LAST NAME]............"

mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by deadwoodgregg View Post
    At this point in life, for me, the object is not only to keep training, but to train without injury. I feel that machines are safer, in general.

Not here to argue, so use what you have available at the time.

I have an incredibly nice Atlantis 8-stack setup in my home gym. Bought it new.

Also bought a lightly used Atlantis crossover for less than half new price.
    If I were going to take advice from anyone on this forum about equipment, it would be from you gregg. you certainly know your way around gym equipment and have demonstrated that many times over the years.

Originally Posted by Mark1T View Post
    When I was a member of a gym, for over 30 years, when Hammer Strength as an example machines were available, yes, I used some in my workouts to change up.

Resistance is resistance.
    Yep, I like the Hammer Strength machine like both you and thedickus have mentioned, it's a good one.

Originally Posted by thedickus View Post
    I've always been a huge believer in machines when it comes to bodybuilding. It all depends on your training style and goals. From a bodybuilding standpoint you can obviously develope a great phsyique from just barbells and dumbbells, look at the golden era bodybuilders. Personally I need variety, I get bored easily. If every chest workout only EVER consisted of barbell benches and dumbbell flys I'd of quit out of boredom years ago. I love smith machines and leverage machines as well as cable machines. In my own home gym I can do just about any exercise with either a barbell, smith, dumbbell, or leverage variation. None are better than the other, but each helps me from going stagnant.
    Again, it depends on goals. If you're a powerlifter then a Smith machine or leverage machine will probably be of little use to you.

One machine I wish I had room for in my home gym is the Hammer Strength Seated Row. The one you'd always see Dorian using. I loved that machine on back day. I also miss a seated dip machine.
    Well said, I have seen seated dip machines online but never had the opportunity to try one yet. It looks pretty intriguing, I love dips and they are a staple of mine. I agree on the variety.

Originally Posted by Cass40 View Post
    I do those leg abductors. Last time a lady was coming to use the machine after me and was like wut the hell, you were working on 190lbs. how are you walking?

Other ones I do, sometimes leg presses and lat pulldown machine. I am pretty strong at lat pulldown machine, even though I don't use it that often. The weight is heavier than me so I fly with it when I'm done. Oh occasionally leg curl and extensions too.

That's aboot it.
    I recall seeing your pull up video. your strength on the lat pull down doesn't surprise me.

I take the ride up on the lat pull down as well sometimes. It's fun.

Originally Posted by LWW View Post
    Wife has a membership to LA chitness.

If I ever go over there, I’m going to use some machines, might as well, I mean I have free weights here.

I’d be interested in any unilateral press machines and pec decks, and I would find ways to use the machines that weren’t intended.

That is, if I ever make over there.
    A lot of machines can be used unilaterally. I am a big proponent of unilateral training.

Many of the machines can be used in different ways than designed.

One of my favorite bodybuilders and the trainer of many pros The Godfather of Bodybuilding Charles Glass says that many machines have 2 purposes.

I have gotten many great tips from Charles, the man knows his sh!t

🄸 🅃🄴🄻🄻 🄸🅃 🄻🄸🄺🄴 🄸🅃 🄸🅂, 🄸🄵 🅈🄾🅄 🅆🄰🄽🅃 🅂🄼🄾🄺🄴 🄱🄻🄾🅆🄽 🅄🄿 🅈🄾🅄🅁 🄰🅂🅂 🄾🅁 🅂🄾🄼🄴🅃🄷🄸🄽🄶 🅂🅄🄶🄰🅁 🄲🄾🄰🅃🄴🄳. 🄸 🅂🅄🄶🄶🄴🅂🅃 🅈🄾🅄 🄶🄴🅃 🄰 🄷🄾🄾🄺🄴🅁 🄰🄽🄳 🄰 🄿🄾🅆🄳🄴🅁🄴🄳 🄳🄾🄽🅄🅃

paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    This is my home gym. The free weights were free, literally. My tenants left them behind. I paid about $100 for the heavy bag. The kegorator was $25. I fabricated the free weight rack with some angle iron I found in a pasture. The bench was something someone from Merit Electric left behind.

Funished renal houses in offeyvile Kanas for traveing wokers

LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Charles Glass says that many machines have 2 purposes.

I have gotten many great tips from Charles, the man knows his sh!t

That is the way to use machines eg leg press for rows and upper body pressing.

The part where he is doing side laterals with his wrist turned, that’s how I did them last night with the tennis elbow.
    Authenic Kights Sing Heavy Steel and Have Hands and Wriss of Steel!

Anti-Traditional Pograms, Student of Instinc Training

"The Mucle Feds Itself"- LWW

"Riley [LAST NAME]............"

Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I don't use machines too much...not because I am anti-machine, but mostly because my gym has a pretty limited selection. I will do seated rows, tricep pushdowns, or the occasional cable flye, etc. but I will try anything that works. When all of the gyms closed down during COVID, I had to get creative with my training and incorporated a lot of bodyweight exercises which I've kept in my routine. Would never have considered most of these prior, so one good thing to come out of the whole experience was learning to keep an open mind about different training methods (which of course includes machines).
    It takes a big man to cry, but it takes a bigger man to laugh at that man.

x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    For me the key to motivation and growth is to change things up so machines, especially different machines, are lots of fun.
    Different angles, different stress, different resistance, forces you to adapt and grow.
    i began using 3 back machines the last 3 months and can feel a tremendous difference.
    There is an unspoken thing, we are iron brothers and sisters, we are to support each other and...It is our duty to support our brothers and sisters in the iron game!

Originally Posted by x-trainer ben View Post
    For me the key to motivation and growth is to change things up so machines, especially different machines, are lots of fun.
    Different angles, different stress, different resistance, forces you to adapt and grow.
    i began using 3 back machines the last 3 months and can feel a tremendous difference.
    Originally Posted by Karl_Hungus View Post
    I don't use machines too much...not because I am anti-machine, but mostly because my gym has a pretty limited selection. I will do seated rows, tricep pushdowns, or the occasional cable flye, etc. but I will try anything that works. When all of the gyms closed down during COVID, I had to get creative with my training and incorporated a lot of bodyweight exercises which I've kept in my routine. Would never have considered most of these prior, so one good thing to come out of the whole experience was learning to keep an open mind about different training methods (which of course includes machines).
    Both you fellows make some great points and I agree with all you said.

7Seconds has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 7Seconds has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 7Seconds has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 7Seconds has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 7Seconds has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 7Seconds has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 7Seconds has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 7Seconds has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 7Seconds has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 7Seconds has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 7Seconds has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Used to see machines as useless and working out in a homegym for a while never really made me reconsider this position. But with a few more years of lifting under my belt and getting to a certain strength level has shifted my position. I really do think most things have their time and place, and I do like machines for their good stimulus/fatigue ratio.

Barbells are still king for me as I care more about strength and performance, if my training was more for size I would do a lot of my volume on machines though.
    "it's likely one of us will have to spend some days alone"

paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    For mt

Funished renal houses in offeyvile Kanas for traveing wokers

MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I despise those chest machines in motels. I find they’re only good for injuries,as you start at the bottom of the push , and I always hurt my rotators.
    The only machine I like is the lat machine . I’m in the process of building one with multiple pulleys , so you can pull from the top , bottom ,or middle .
    Leg machines can be ok if used properly
    Make Misc great again

Originally Posted by MajorTendonitis View Post
    I despise those chest machines in motels. I find they’re only good for injuries,as you start at the bottom of the push , and I always hurt my rotators.
    The only machine I like is the lat machine . I’m in the process of building one with multiple pulleys , so you can pull from the top , bottom ,or middle .
    Leg machines can be ok if used properly

Howdy Major T

That's a good point about starting at the bottom on machines.

Your cable project sounds like a good one. I love cable machines, especially ones that you can pin to different heights, SO much versatility, you can do almost anything on them and I have lol.

Originally Posted by paulinkansas View Post
    For mt

Ha Ha Ha Paul, that a real cutie of a kittly, much nicer than the striped black one I brought home, that little stinker wasn't a big hit with the fam. lol

Originally Posted by 7Seconds View Post
    Used to see machines as useless and working out in a homegym for a while never really made me reconsider this position. But with a few more years of lifting under my belt and getting to a certain strength level has shifted my position. I really do think most things have their time and place, and I do like machines for their good stimulus/fatigue ratio.

Barbells are still king for me as I care more about strength and performance, if my training was more for size I would do a lot of my volume on machines though.

Yep 7, machines are another tool in the tool box, they do have their place and time like you mentioned.

Headed back to the Y in a few minutes, it's leg day and I can't wait to shake the dust off their machines and eat a monster breakfast afterwards.

x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Remember back in the day when we used to argue whether the Smith Machine was a valuable tool(me) and others said it was trash(many here)?
    Well every modern iffBB pro uses the smith machine for many lifts, so machines are just fine, lol.
    Yesterday i watched Dorian Yates doing exercises on it with his trainer screaming at him, so that goes back to the early 90's.
    Last edited by x-trainer ben; 11-12-2023 at 09:47 AM.
    There is an unspoken thing, we are iron brothers and sisters, we are to support each other and...It is our duty to support our brothers and sisters in the iron game!

remember back in the day when we used to argue whether th eSmith Machie was a valuable tool(me) and others said it was trash(many here)?
    Well every modern iffBB pro uses the smith machine for many lifts, so machines are just fine, lol.
    Yesterday i watched Dorian Yates doing exercises on it with his trainer screaming at him, so that goes back to the early 90's.

LOL I remember those days ben, it really did take a thrashing. Back then I was using it not complaining about it, but I didn't use it for much. It seemed like the only ones using it was me and the girls ha ha

I was doing PPL and would rotate PPL Heavy and then PPL light.

On the heavy days I would do regular BB squats.

On the light days I would do them slow High reps on the Smith but I didn't do them in the same stance as a BB Squat, moved my feet forward about 4-5 inches. It really emphasised the quads. I loved it.

Went back to the YMCA today there was a younger lifter there, after I finished the leg press he approached me, said that he didn’t want to bother me and asked if I could give him a spot on the bench when I finished my workout. Said that he was about to move up in weight and would appreciate the spot.

I told him anytime and whenever he was ready I’ll do it. Anything I was doing wasn’t as important or as exciting as he had going on.

Long story short the fukker put up a 417 bench. Quite easily I might add, he will be at 420 soon if he isn’t there already.

I have seen quite a few 400+ benches over the years, mostly in military gyms but it has been a minute.

Seeing his lift made my day.

deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Long story short the fukker put up a 417 bench. Quite easily I might add, he will be at 420 soon if he isn’t there already.
    MT, what the hell were you going to do with 417lbs if he would have failed?
    []---[] Equipment crew member #51 []---[]

Originally Posted by deadwoodgregg View Post
    MT, what the hell were you going to do with 417lbs if he would have failed?
    Ha Ha, I know right..

We were in the rack and the safety bars were set, so he wouldn't Totally die

Kraken has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Kraken has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Kraken has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Kraken has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Kraken has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Kraken has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Kraken has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Kraken has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Kraken has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Kraken has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Kraken has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Hammer strength machines are great. Pec deck is a staple for rear delts and pecs. Leg abduction done on cable or seated machine is good for opening up and strengthening the hips.

Machines are great for quick workouts too. No loading and unloading and can be an asset for supersetting and giant sets.
    One party system; Most Republicans are Democrats, but no Democrats are Republicans.
    Hayek and Mises were right; they're all socialists.
    "To Call something fair or unfair is a subjective value judgment and not liable to any verification" Ludwig Von Mises

Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I am using machines increasingly, but mostly for accessory work at the tail end of my work out. I think at the end of a workout you are more vulnerable to injuries due to fatigue, machines help with that. I really like the hammer strength stuff at our Y. Only issue is the machines are far more popular than the barbell racks, so often you have to wait...or do something different for the accessory work (which is probably a benefit maybe)
    Please record my time/reps if I pass out

Here's a piece of gear that doesn't get much use in many gyms. A lot of gyms don't even have them. They will separate the men from the boys in a hurry.

I absolutely love these things.

Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Here's a piece of gear that doesn't get much use in many gyms. A lot of gyms don't even have them. They will separate the men from the boys in a hurry.

I absolutely love these things.
    There is one at my gym but it has the knee pad. I use it once per week typically hugging a 35lb plate, 3x8+..going to a 45lb plate soon., I have never seen anyone else use it, although I have to keep adjusting it back to my settings so some other masochist must be using it in the evenings or daytime. I have seen them with and without the knee pad. I find the knee pad version easier to set up in.

Does it classify as a machine though?...it has no moving parts other than for fitting your body...so its all you. To me it is more like a type of bench.
    Please record my time/reps if I pass out

Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by paulinkansas View Post
    The kegorator was $25.
    Wish my gym had one of these!
    Don't put that on me Ricky Bobby, don't you ever put that on me.

It is amazing what machines various gyms invest in.
    The top of the industry loves these new** Panetta Italian** machines, but I have yet to see it at any of my gyms.
    I try them all and incorporate what works.
    A 417 bench is immpresive.

Originally Posted by Cantplankwell View Post
    There is one at my gym but it has the knee pad. I use it once per week typically hugging a 35lb plate, 3x8+..going to a 45lb plate soon., I have never seen anyone else use it, although I have to keep adjusting it back to my settings so some other masochist must be using it in the evenings or daytime. I have seen them with and without the knee pad. I find the knee pad version easier to set up in.

Does it classify as a machine though?...it has no moving parts other than for fitting your body...so its all you. To me it is more like a type of bench.
    Well it's great to see another OV 35er using this equipment. I do them plated as well. Pretty sure that in my last gym there were only a couple of us...

Nope it's not a machine, just another piece of gear that I thought was worthy of a mention.

It is amazing what machines various gyms invest in.
    The top of the industry loves these new** Panetta Italian** machines, but I have yet to see it at any of my gyms.
    I try them all and incorporate what works.
    A 417 bench is immpresive.

Yup ben , I am with you on trying new machines.. I used to travel a lot and loved going to new gyms for that very reason lol. I don't travel as much anymore, but when I do I always search for gyms in the area online before the hotels lol

MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    OP I’ve got restrictions,such as a 7’ tall ceiling unfortunately, so I had to improvise.

I welded 3 racks together to fit between my ceiling joists . They have pulleys on them ,but the centre one is not in use yet ,as I need to build the post that holds additional pulleys and has that bar to hold your legs down .
    Because I have limited room , I will just roll a bench to the station when doing pull downs

The grey rectangle to the left represents the weight stack, which I bought because I’m not good enough at welding .
    It’s turned 90 degrees from as it’s pictured

You can kind of see the frames that hold the pulleys

This is what it looks like from a distance . When the vertical bar is installed , I will have a pulley at the bottom plus that leg hold down
    Make Misc great again