jopache1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jopache1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

check my program out..

chest/tricep -monday

bench press
    incline press
    flys

dips

close grip bench
    tricep extensions
    weighted tricep dips(the kind where you have your hands on a bench and push yourself up and down

Legs and abs -tuesday

squats
    leg curls
    calf raises

weighted situps
    ab crunch machine
    leg raises

debating on whether to do deadlifts

back and bicep -thursday
    lat bar
    chinups
    bent over rows
    back extensions

curls
    reverse curls
    wrist curls
    hammer curl

shoulders and traps -friday

military press to the front
    arnold presses
    side lateral raises
    front raises
    shrugs
    upright rows

for MOST of these excersises i will be doing sets of three.. with rep ranges mostly in the 6-12 range... can someone give me any pointers/tips or things i should add/change to this? my workouts will probly be no longer than an hour. i am supplementing with creatine, whey, and multivitamin.

scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz
    the dips on chest day should just be the weighted leaning forward kind so you hit the lower chest...
    sack the weighted tricep dips...
    legs are a big muscle group and may need to add in another excercise like front squats, lunges etc...
    do deadlifts instead of back extensions...
    Not so many excercises for biceps dont want to overtrain them...
    get rid of the front raises and do reverse flies instead...

keep the reps between 6-8 for most excercises except forearms, calves, traps where you may react to higher reps 12-15...
    good choice of the sups just make sure that you get plenty of rest...

Bigbone has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    My workout schedule is similar to yours

Monday =Chest, Triceps
    Tuesday = Legs
    Wednesday= Abs
    Thurdsay=Back, Biceps, forarms
    Friday = shoulders
    Sat,suday=rest

Monday =Chest,Triceps
    Bench press
    Incline DB bench press
    DB butterflies
    Arm Extentions
    Skull Crusher
    Dips

Tuesday = Legs
    Squats
    Leg extentions
    Leg curls
    Calve raises

Wednesday =ABS
    Rest basically, but I do abs at home

Thurday = Back
    Lat pull downs
    Bent over rows
    Bent over flies
    curling bar curls
    DB Hammer curls
    DB incline curls
    forearms curls and reverse forearm curls

Friday = shoulder
    military press
    front lateral raise
    Side Lateral raise
    Chin ups
    Shrugs

I was reading what scott_donald wrote and said to do reverse flies, this is the same as bent over flies right?
    Any comments on my routine is fine.......just showing what I do.

jopache1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jopache1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally posted by scott_donald
    the dips on chest day should just be the weighted leaning forward kind so you hit the lower chest...
    sack the weighted tricep dips...
    legs are a big muscle group and may need to add in another excercise like front squats, lunges etc...
    do deadlifts instead of back extensions...
    Not so many excercises for biceps dont want to overtrain them...
    get rid of the front raises and do reverse flies instead...

keep the reps between 6-8 for most excercises except forearms, calves, traps where you may react to higher reps 12-15...
    good choice of the sups just make sure that you get plenty of rest...
    haha cant do to well on weighted dips.. so ill just use my own bodyweight for now... for the back extensions... i think my legs will be kinda sore to do deadlifts on back day. what exactly do you mean by front squats? and would deadlifts be good here( i think ive heard some talk about deadlifting and squats on the same day being no good.. but not sure

scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz
    deadlifts should be not that bad for the legs and if they are do partial ones, deadlifts are a core excerice and the best for the lower back...

hhhmmm... You mean do stiff leged deadlifts for your back? i thought you were talking about like normal deadlifts..

Originally posted by jopache1
    hhhmmm... You mean do stiff leged deadlifts for your back? i thought you were talking about like normal deadlifts..
    no use a power rack and set the safety bars at knee height so that you dont have to do the bottom part which is alot of presssure on your legs...

thanks for all your help, i appreciate it.. i will be starting this program this week or next.. have to go join a gym today or tommorow though.

hope you get a good cheap one and the workout goes well...

www.louisvilleathleticclub.com

this is the one i joined.. i paid 50 for enrollment and 30 a month for 1 year looks allright.. and its the closest to my house and i have a bunch of friends that go there... so it seems allright for me.

pretty good gym far better than the one i am a member of here in aberdeen... good deal as well it is far cheaper good luck training...