almedina has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) almedina has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) almedina has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) almedina has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) almedina has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) almedina has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) almedina has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) almedina has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) almedina has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) almedina has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) almedina has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

the TRUTH about CREATINE

I would've put this under Supplements.. But i think people who think about nutrition would have a better outlook on this matter.

CREATINE! I've tried it once before (1month) and in that month i blew up like a balloon.. But it was just water..Right? Because after i stopped taking it i deflated, i guess i let go of all that water i was retaining in my muscles.

I keep hearing dif things about creatine.. Does it actually make you more energetic? Stronger? or does it just make you LOOK bigger, until you quit taking it and u let go of the water...?

He must be on creatine! slaydox's Avatar
    slaydox is a jewel in the rough. (+500) slaydox is a jewel in the rough. (+500) slaydox is a jewel in the rough. (+500) slaydox is a jewel in the rough. (+500) slaydox is a jewel in the rough. (+500) slaydox is a jewel in the rough. (+500) slaydox is a jewel in the rough. (+500) slaydox is a jewel in the rough. (+500) slaydox is a jewel in the rough. (+500) slaydox is a jewel in the rough. (+500) slaydox is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Creatine in itself wont really make you stronger. It will help your ATP levels so you can workout longer and get those last reps out in directly causing you to get stronger and bigger.

Your cells volumize with water (hence the weight gain) but it isnt the same as regular water weight it actually has a purpose.

I notice some increase energy defitly and if you want my opinion on a great creatine i recommend Green MAGnitude from controlled labs. Great product and great company.

ironraider52 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ironraider52 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ironraider52 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ironraider52 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ironraider52 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ironraider52 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ironraider52 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ironraider52 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ironraider52 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ironraider52 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    i havent taken creatine in awhile. But when i was a senior in high school i was big into powerlifting. So of course i was eating that stuff by the jug. And maybe it was just me growing and at that point i knew nothing about eating right so it mite have been the food i was eating getting me so strong. But I really noticed huge strength gains.

my reps and sets for bench was 3 sets of 6 3 sets of 3....b4 creatine weighing 285 i did 270 3x6, and 300 3x3....took the crete and weighed 312 and was doing it with weights like 320 and 350.

so imo and my personal experience yes, creatine helps ur performance as well.

BlueFenix13S is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BlueFenix13S is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BlueFenix13S is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BlueFenix13S is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BlueFenix13S is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BlueFenix13S is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BlueFenix13S is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BlueFenix13S is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BlueFenix13S is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BlueFenix13S is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BlueFenix13S is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/creatine.html

Read all about it. I use it, I love it, I like the weight gain, size and extra power it gives me. I don't get the bloated gut from mono, but I know some people do. I haven't tried CEE yet, don't think I will. IMO mono is the best basic supplement along side whey protein.

almedina has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) almedina has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) almedina has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) almedina has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) almedina has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) almedina has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) almedina has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) almedina has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) almedina has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) almedina has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) almedina has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    You have to have cycles too thought, right? I mean, you cant just constantly keep taking it. Since your body naturally makes it, if you keep giving it creatine, it may not find the use of creating it on its own. Correct me if im wrong about this..

Shouldnt you take it like 1 month on, 1 month off?

BlueFenix13S is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BlueFenix13S is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BlueFenix13S is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BlueFenix13S is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BlueFenix13S is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BlueFenix13S is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BlueFenix13S is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BlueFenix13S is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BlueFenix13S is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BlueFenix13S is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BlueFenix13S is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by ironraider52 View Post

so imo and my personal experience yes, creatine helps ur performance as well.
    In addition to a myriad of other health benefits. It has also been shown to help regulate cholesterol and increase bone density. Also, for high intensity cardio (i.e. sprinting, HIIT, etc), it's also beneficial. Endurancce sports not so much though.

Originally Posted by almedina View Post
    You have to have cycles too thought, right? I mean, you cant just constantly keep taking it. Since your body naturally makes it, if you keep giving it creatine, it may not find the use of creating it on its own. Correct me if im wrong about this..

That's up for debate. Some people don't cycle it, they just load for a week, maintenance for 4-6 weeks, then re-load and repeat. I personally take 1 week to load, maintenance for 6 weeks, 2 weeks off. During those 2 weeks I also take one full week off, and one week of reduced volume/intensity.

slaydox is a jewel in the rough. (+500) slaydox is a jewel in the rough. (+500) slaydox is a jewel in the rough. (+500) slaydox is a jewel in the rough. (+500) slaydox is a jewel in the rough. (+500) slaydox is a jewel in the rough. (+500) slaydox is a jewel in the rough. (+500) slaydox is a jewel in the rough. (+500) slaydox is a jewel in the rough. (+500) slaydox is a jewel in the rough. (+500) slaydox is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by almedina View Post

There have been studys showing that you do not need to cycle and many people beleive you dont. At the same time many people beleive you should and som experts say you should.

Personally i cycle it, Honestly i cycle everything including caffeine.

I take it till i run out and then i dont take it for a month.

Also try not to take caffiene with creatine or near your dosage of creatine.

Surgeon By 2012 or Bust! -Aaron-'s Avatar
    -Aaron- is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) -Aaron- is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) -Aaron- is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) -Aaron- is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) -Aaron- is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) -Aaron- is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) -Aaron- is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) -Aaron- is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) -Aaron- is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) -Aaron- is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) -Aaron- is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Fidelitas626 View Post
    That's up for debate. Some people don't cycle it, they just load for a week, maintenance for 4-6 weeks, then re-load and repeat. I personally take 1 week to load, maintenance for 6 weeks, 2 weeks off. During those 2 weeks I also take one full week off, and one week of reduced volume/intensity.
    Loading isn't necessary either
    "The world will look up and shout save us... And I'll whisper, no."

Leonidas300, SCDiesel23, Jkeith are my heroes.

Yea i heard loading is just a marketing scandal so u run out faster and go buy more... but who knows :P. Ok, so no caffeine with creatine.. What about alcohol? I heard your liver has a tough time with creatine, and since alcohol ****s with your liver, im guessing creatine and alcohol dont mix either.

tinyman5000 is just really nice. (+1000) tinyman5000 is just really nice. (+1000) tinyman5000 is just really nice. (+1000) tinyman5000 is just really nice. (+1000) tinyman5000 is just really nice. (+1000) tinyman5000 is just really nice. (+1000) tinyman5000 is just really nice. (+1000) tinyman5000 is just really nice. (+1000) tinyman5000 is just really nice. (+1000) tinyman5000 is just really nice. (+1000) tinyman5000 is just really nice. (+1000)
    when i tried it for the first time after like a week i looked like a bag of basket balls because my musculature isn't well devleped yet.

PadreC will become famous soon enough. (+50) PadreC will become famous soon enough. (+50) PadreC will become famous soon enough. (+50) PadreC will become famous soon enough. (+50) PadreC will become famous soon enough. (+50) PadreC will become famous soon enough. (+50) PadreC will become famous soon enough. (+50) PadreC will become famous soon enough. (+50) PadreC will become famous soon enough. (+50) PadreC will become famous soon enough. (+50) PadreC will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by slaydox View Post

Also try not to take caffiene with creatine or near your dosage of creatine.
    Explain this a little more. I just started creatine this week so I'm still tweaking things.

Also has anyone heard anything negative about taking creatine and glutamine at the same time?

Thanks,
    Padre
    GET AFTER IT!

Originally Posted by PadreC View Post
    Explain this a little more. I just started creatine this week so I'm still tweaking things.

Also has anyone heard anything negative about taking creatine and glutamine at the same time?

Thanks,
    Padre
    The creatine and caffeine issue has been discussed pretty extensively in both the athletic and scientific communities. However, most people don't even know why such a debate exists. What exactly is the concern? Well let's talk a little history.

The creatine and caffeine debate started about four years ago when one single scientific study concluded that "caffeine counteracts the effects of a creatine loaded muscle" (1). This statement was shocking because the purpose of the study was to see if the two agents could work together to increase exercise performance, not to see if they would interfere with each other. Researchers and athletes have long known that caffeine and creatine independently improve performance so a combination would be the next logical step.

Creatine works on the phosphocreatine and ATP systems while possibly buffering exercise produced hydrogen protons (acid), while caffeine demonstrates a powerful stimulation for the release of epinephrine. So theoretically, one could take both to gain more of a performance edge. But this study showed that maybe they don't work together. Even further, it showed that maybe they interfere with each other. So if this is the case and caffeine does counteract the effect of a creatine loaded muscle then there is no debate. The answer is to avoid consuming beverages that contain caffeine if you want your money spent on creatine to work for you.

But as usually is the case, things are not so simple. Although some individuals avoid this combination like the plague, we don't think this is necessary. So while you're here, go ahead and grab a cup of coffee. Then add your desired amount of crystals - creatine, not sugar; if you haven't already had your dose for the day. Based on further scientific data and scrutiny, you just might not have to give either one up.
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/berardi5.htm

Honestly IMO dont take them together at the same time but i wouldnt give up one or the other.

To answer you question about Glutamine and creatine, Its safe and still effecient

Creatine or L-Creatine is an amino acid like L-Glutamine
    So its fine to take them together. They might eve help each other out.

Surgeon By 2012 or Bust! -Aaron-'s Avatar
    -Aaron- is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) -Aaron- is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) -Aaron- is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) -Aaron- is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) -Aaron- is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) -Aaron- is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) -Aaron- is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) -Aaron- is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) -Aaron- is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) -Aaron- is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) -Aaron- is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/berardi5.htm

Honestly IMO dont take them together at the same time but i wouldnt give up one or the other.

To answer you question about Glutamine and creatine, Its safe and still effecient

Creatine or L-Creatine is an amino acid like L-Glutamine
    So its fine to take them together. They might eve help each other out.
    I've been told by respected users on this forum that it's a myth.
    "The world will look up and shout save us... And I'll whisper, no."

Leonidas300, SCDiesel23, Jkeith are my heroes.

Originally Posted by -Aaron- View Post
    I've been told by respected users on this forum that it's a myth.
    Yea thats what i think as well but i still dont mix them. You never know

Bgreise24 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bgreise24 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bgreise24 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bgreise24 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bgreise24 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bgreise24 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bgreise24 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bgreise24 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bgreise24 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bgreise24 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bgreise24 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    does anybodytake thyl ester what is the difference from ono whats better i take mono always have
    Progress Journal:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=71384033&posted=1#post71384033

josh_a_horn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) josh_a_horn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) josh_a_horn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) josh_a_horn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) josh_a_horn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) josh_a_horn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Love creatine..
    SOME OF US THIS AND SOME OF US THAT, BUT THE SUM OF US IS EQUALL TO US ALL !

Originally Posted by Bgreise24 View Post
    does anybodytake thyl ester what is the difference from ono whats better i take mono always have
    Well i took mono and saw some good benefits and gains.

To twist things up im using Controlled labs Green MAGnitude. I felt a difference within 2 days using Green MAG.

Bgreise24 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bgreise24 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bgreise24 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bgreise24 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bgreise24 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bgreise24 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bgreise24 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bgreise24 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bgreise24 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bgreise24 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bgreise24 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Well i took mono and saw some good benefits and gains.

To twist things up im using Controlled labs Green MAGnitude. I felt a difference within 2 days using Green MAG.
    and what does greenmag due that normal creatine doesnt. Isnt that **** like super expensive
    Progress Journal:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=71384033&posted=1#post71384033

and what does greenmag due that normal creatine doesnt. Isnt that **** like super expensive
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/clabs/mag.html

RU4A69 is a name known to all. (+5000) RU4A69 is a name known to all. (+5000) RU4A69 is a name known to all. (+5000) RU4A69 is a name known to all. (+5000) RU4A69 is a name known to all. (+5000) RU4A69 is a name known to all. (+5000) RU4A69 is a name known to all. (+5000) RU4A69 is a name known to all. (+5000) RU4A69 is a name known to all. (+5000) RU4A69 is a name known to all. (+5000) RU4A69 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Green mag has taurine and tyrosine in it. If you "feel a difference", that's the tyrosine working. It's a very smart blend, but you can get the ingredients for much cheaper. Use micronized creatine instead of MCC and DCM. NOW sells bulk tyrosine and taurine (although you won't notice much from taurine).
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    ******** TRAP BAR BOARD REP*******
    VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV

---*No Hymen No Diamond Crew*---

siamesedream is just really nice. (+1000) siamesedream is just really nice. (+1000) siamesedream is just really nice. (+1000) siamesedream is just really nice. (+1000) siamesedream is just really nice. (+1000) siamesedream is just really nice. (+1000) siamesedream is just really nice. (+1000) siamesedream is just really nice. (+1000) siamesedream is just really nice. (+1000) siamesedream is just really nice. (+1000) siamesedream is just really nice. (+1000)
    Creatine never has done **** for me except drain my wallet. This includes CEE, Kre-Alk, mono, and GreenMAG.

circa1989 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) circa1989 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) circa1989 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) circa1989 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) circa1989 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) circa1989 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) circa1989 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) circa1989 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) circa1989 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I currently take ethyl ester but i've taken mono in the past. I had good results as far as increased strength and endurance with both....but mono gave me really bad bloating.

MrSinister is just really nice. (+1000) MrSinister is just really nice. (+1000) MrSinister is just really nice. (+1000) MrSinister is just really nice. (+1000) MrSinister is just really nice. (+1000) MrSinister is just really nice. (+1000) MrSinister is just really nice. (+1000) MrSinister is just really nice. (+1000) MrSinister is just really nice. (+1000) MrSinister is just really nice. (+1000) MrSinister is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by siamesedream View Post
    Creatine never has done **** for me except drain my wallet. This includes CEE, Kre-Alk, mono, and GreenMAG.
    yep some ppl dont respond to it at all.. its worth trying for sure.
    the water retention is useless imo the only benefit is helping you pump out more reps, which is technically making you stronger, and this extra lifting should lead to more hypertrophy.. so you might lose the water weight when your cycle stops but you would of put on lean mass anyway
    My journal http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=5662511

josh_a_horn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) josh_a_horn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) josh_a_horn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) josh_a_horn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) josh_a_horn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) josh_a_horn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Bunp?????
    SOME OF US THIS AND SOME OF US THAT, BUT THE SUM OF US IS EQUALL TO US ALL !