ravi1984 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Exclamation Skinny fat guy on a Clean Bulk ?? Right or Wrong

Hey mates.. first of all happy new yr .. After losing a good amount of weight with the help of diet, cardio and weight training now I come under the category of SKINNY FAT . I had post my pics on this site and was seeking for opinons. Everyone said to go for a CLEAN BULK and then CUT after few months. I started my clean bulk since 3 days back. Btw I am 75 kgs and 5'10. I still got fat left on my chest and belly area. Few guys in the gym today suggested not to do a Clean Bulk but instead still continue to Cut till the time i lose every ounce of Fat from my chest and Belly area. I am utterly confused now. If i do a clean bulk i wud increase my fat % on both areas . If i continue cutting i wud look like a small chicken wing with no mass. I am posting a pic of mine for a better opinion from you folks. I knw some of u have gone thru the same exp. and I really need help on it.

Thanks
    Attached Images

Tunes is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tunes is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tunes is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tunes is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tunes is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tunes is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tunes is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tunes is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tunes is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tunes is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tunes is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    In the end it comes down to doing what makes you feel comfortable and happy. But I'd work on gaining strength. Clean bulk hands down from my perspective. Once you have some muscle your body will probably carry your fat better too so you'll still look better. After a bulk you can cut again and have something to show.

Originally Posted by Tunes View Post
    In the end it comes down to doing what makes you feel comfortable and happy. But I'd work on gaining strength. Clean bulk hands down from my perspective. Once you have some muscle your body will probably carry your fat better too so you'll still look better. After a bulk you can cut again and have something to show.
    Thanks for the reply. I am jus afraid if i bulk up.. i wud look more fat.. and then cutting down wud be way hard since extra fat wud come in .. last 2 months of cuttin was really realy hard ..

nuthin but a gbone thang gbone74's Avatar
    gbone74 is just really nice. (+1000) gbone74 is just really nice. (+1000) gbone74 is just really nice. (+1000) gbone74 is just really nice. (+1000) gbone74 is just really nice. (+1000) gbone74 is just really nice. (+1000) gbone74 is just really nice. (+1000) gbone74 is just really nice. (+1000) gbone74 is just really nice. (+1000) gbone74 is just really nice. (+1000) gbone74 is just really nice. (+1000)
    I would add some muscle mass then cut,you are hardly going to be jacked if u cut all the way you will just end up like a ripped beanpole.

Get a good base of muscle first then you will have something to cut to
    You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

David Brent: 'If you want the rainbow, you got to put up with the rain'. Do you know which philosopher
    said that? Dolly Parton. And people say she's just a big pair of tits.

4th jun 2008-342lbs
    21st may 2009-186lbs

████████████████████ ███ chrisITALIA's Avatar
    chrisITALIA is just really nice. (+1000) chrisITALIA is just really nice. (+1000) chrisITALIA is just really nice. (+1000) chrisITALIA is just really nice. (+1000) chrisITALIA is just really nice. (+1000) chrisITALIA is just really nice. (+1000) chrisITALIA is just really nice. (+1000) chrisITALIA is just really nice. (+1000) chrisITALIA is just really nice. (+1000) chrisITALIA is just really nice. (+1000) chrisITALIA is just really nice. (+1000)
    brah you dont even look fat... to put on muscle you will gain alittle fat. You know What?
    Who gives a phuck because you can cut after. Don't get stuck in a mind set where your scared to put on alittle fat. Build muscle = profit

If its absolutely necessary you can cut.

RichardAnthony has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by ravi1984 View Post
    Hey mates.. first of all happy new yr .. After losing a good amount of weight with the help of diet, cardio and weight training now I come under the category of SKINNY FAT . I had post my pics on this site and was seeking for opinons. Everyone said to go for a CLEAN BULK and then CUT after few months. I started my clean bulk since 3 days back. Btw I am 75 kgs and 5'10. I still got fat left on my chest and belly area. Few guys in the gym today suggested not to do a Clean Bulk but instead still continue to Cut till the time i lose every ounce of Fat from my chest and Belly area. I am utterly confused now. If i do a clean bulk i wud increase my fat % on both areas . If i continue cutting i wud look like a small chicken wing with no mass. I am posting a pic of mine for a better opinion from you folks. I knw some of u have gone thru the same exp. and I really need help on it.

Thanks
    keep us posted on your progress! i'm in the same position as you and interested how bulking works out (i'm continuing to cut cause i don't have access to weights atm).

humzah will become famous soon enough. (+50) humzah will become famous soon enough. (+50) humzah will become famous soon enough. (+50) humzah will become famous soon enough. (+50) humzah will become famous soon enough. (+50) humzah will become famous soon enough. (+50) humzah will become famous soon enough. (+50) humzah will become famous soon enough. (+50) humzah will become famous soon enough. (+50) humzah will become famous soon enough. (+50) humzah will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    forget what others say and do what you think is right. by that i mean to ignore the people at your gym cuz its not necessary that what they've done to their bodies would apply to you too. however i do feel that you should bulk. you can worry about losing the fat once you've bulked after a solid 3-6month time period

Originally Posted by chrisITALIA View Post
    brah you dont even look fat... to put on muscle you will gain alittle fat. You know What?
    Who gives a phuck because you can cut after. Don't get stuck in a mind set where your scared to put on alittle fat. Build muscle = profit

If its absolutely necessary you can cut.
    trust me bro .. if i take my tee off and sit down .. u cud see my tyres .. if i squeese my chest .. it freakin luks like a cleavage .. i cant even go fo a swim cause of it .. pretty gutted about my body right now ..

Originally Posted by gbone74 View Post
    I would add some muscle mass then cut,you are hardly going to be jacked if u cut all the way you will just end up like a ripped beanpole.

Get a good base of muscle first then you will have something to cut to
    hey .. i saw ur transformation pics .. and WOW .. iam speechless .. if i be like that at your age .. i'll be super satisfied with myself .. iam on clean bulk now .. i kind ov feel a little fat.. maybe cause i did not do cardio since 4 days .. my question is if i continue my bulk cycle for 2 months n train hard .. wud the fat around my belly n chest grow up ? It took a lot in me to lose weight ..

Originally Posted by RichardAnthony View Post
    keep us posted on your progress! i'm in the same position as you and interested how bulking works out (i'm continuing to cut cause i don't have access to weights atm).
    Yes definitely i will keep on posting .. This is my first ever time on Bulk and waiting too see how it works. Bodybuilding.com has changed my life for good .. Nowdays all i tale with my mates is Bulk, Cut, Diet, Ripped etc lol ..

████████████████████ ███ chrisITALIA's Avatar
    chrisITALIA is just really nice. (+1000) chrisITALIA is just really nice. (+1000) chrisITALIA is just really nice. (+1000) chrisITALIA is just really nice. (+1000) chrisITALIA is just really nice. (+1000) chrisITALIA is just really nice. (+1000) chrisITALIA is just really nice. (+1000) chrisITALIA is just really nice. (+1000) chrisITALIA is just really nice. (+1000) chrisITALIA is just really nice. (+1000) chrisITALIA is just really nice. (+1000)
    op id definitely recommend giving this a read.
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=128540661

Originally Posted by chrisITALIA View Post
    op id definitely recommend giving this a read.
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=128540661

Thnks a lot bro .. this is exactly wat i was lookin fo ..

.Geeza is on a distinguished road. (+10) .Geeza is on a distinguished road. (+10) .Geeza is on a distinguished road. (+10) .Geeza is on a distinguished road. (+10) .Geeza is on a distinguished road. (+10) .Geeza is on a distinguished road. (+10) .Geeza is on a distinguished road. (+10) .Geeza is on a distinguished road. (+10) .Geeza is on a distinguished road. (+10) .Geeza is on a distinguished road. (+10) .Geeza is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Thanks for the reply. I am jus afraid if i bulk up.. i wud look more fat.. and then cutting down wud be way hard since extra fat wud come in .. last 2 months of cuttin was really realy hard ..
    nah. adding muscle mass is never a bad thing, if you gain fat so what? 3-4 months of clean eating at low cals and heavy lifting will sort that one out for you.
    PAIN IS WEAKNESS LEAVING THE BODY

Stickiy is on a distinguished road. (+10) Stickiy is on a distinguished road. (+10) Stickiy is on a distinguished road. (+10) Stickiy is on a distinguished road. (+10) Stickiy is on a distinguished road. (+10) Stickiy is on a distinguished road. (+10) Stickiy is on a distinguished road. (+10) Stickiy is on a distinguished road. (+10) Stickiy is on a distinguished road. (+10) Stickiy is on a distinguished road. (+10) Stickiy is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    You've got real self confidence issues if it is preventing you from swimming ... You are NOT fat, and will struggle to lose much more.

Bulk, do it properly and you won't gain much more, and any fat you do have will look better on some muscles than on bones.

Good luck!

RedRonan is on a distinguished road. (+10) RedRonan is on a distinguished road. (+10) RedRonan is on a distinguished road. (+10) RedRonan is on a distinguished road. (+10) RedRonan is on a distinguished road. (+10) RedRonan is on a distinguished road. (+10) RedRonan is on a distinguished road. (+10) RedRonan is on a distinguished road. (+10) RedRonan is on a distinguished road. (+10) RedRonan is on a distinguished road. (+10) RedRonan is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    nice one man.Really nice.Did you bulk or cut.I saw somewhere that you said you kinda recomped but recomping is always slightly one sided isnt it really.Its either a slight excess or a slight deficit.

Originally Posted by Stickiy View Post
    You've got real self confidence issues if it is preventing you from swimming ... You are NOT fat, and will struggle to lose much more.

Bulk, do it properly and you won't gain much more, and any fat you do have will look better on some muscles than on bones.

Good luck!
    It might be self confidence issue .. but i jus dont feel like takin my tee off and show my tummy n chest fat to oder ppl .. I do work hard in gym .. lift heavy with failures.. Yeh I am bulking now .. Its hard since i was in a habbit to eat less since past two months but have to overcome it ..

Originally Posted by RedRonan View Post
    nice one man.Really nice.Did you bulk or cut.I saw somewhere that you said you kinda recomped but recomping is always slightly one sided isnt it really.Its either a slight excess or a slight deficit.
    CHeers brah .. Naah i was on a strict cut for two months to lose the fat .. Now i still have little fat but i dont look fat at all with clothes on .. Basically SKINNY FAT .. now doing a clean bulk as everyone suggested .. Wud do it for 3 months and hopefully gain some mass.. Then Start cutting ..

LukeElliott69 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LukeElliott69 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LukeElliott69 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LukeElliott69 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LukeElliott69 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LukeElliott69 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LukeElliott69 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LukeElliott69 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LukeElliott69 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LukeElliott69 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LukeElliott69 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Thanks
    i would continue to cut but that is just me. I'm in the same boat as you, but i will cut until I'm at least between 8 10% before i mass for 6 to 12 months. depends what you want every one is different and you should make the decision for you, and not a decision based upon what others suggest, if you wanna mass go for it, if not cut, but do what you really wanna do so you give yourself more of a chance to reach your goals.

dougielee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Smile

yeh mate keep your head up and go for the clean bulk ur not fat.. ur undefined so a few months of weights and plenty of good clean foods, you'll be looking and feeling heaps better good luck bro

selffirst is a name known to all. (+5000) selffirst is a name known to all. (+5000) selffirst is a name known to all. (+5000) selffirst is a name known to all. (+5000) selffirst is a name known to all. (+5000) selffirst is a name known to all. (+5000) selffirst is a name known to all. (+5000) selffirst is a name known to all. (+5000) selffirst is a name known to all. (+5000) selffirst is a name known to all. (+5000) selffirst is a name known to all. (+5000)

Thumbs up

Continue with your clean bulk...and your doing awesome....Self
    While liftin duh weights I yell out..."You sexy beast"...."Squeeze metal for papa".

mistercollie is a name known to all. (+5000) mistercollie is a name known to all. (+5000) mistercollie is a name known to all. (+5000) mistercollie is a name known to all. (+5000) mistercollie is a name known to all. (+5000) mistercollie is a name known to all. (+5000) mistercollie is a name known to all. (+5000) mistercollie is a name known to all. (+5000) mistercollie is a name known to all. (+5000) mistercollie is a name known to all. (+5000) mistercollie is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I have put on 35 lbs in the past four years and have never cut, only bulked. IMO, there's no point in cutting with the frame you're at now. Being "clean" (in my opinion) just means keeping you're fat around 10-12%. IMO, you should just focus on on your work-outs, protein content, and keep cals above maintenance. Easier said then done.

Everything else seems good to go.

Originally Posted by selffirst View Post
    Continue with your clean bulk...and your doing awesome....Self
    cheers mate .. jus need dis words of encouragement n i'll bulk as hell i can ..

Originally Posted by dougielee View Post
    yeh mate keep your head up and go for the clean bulk ur not fat.. ur undefined so a few months of weights and plenty of good clean foods, you'll be looking and feeling heaps better good luck bro
    cheers mate .. on a clean bulk now .. hopefully the hardwork pays off ..

Originally Posted by mistercollie View Post
    I have put on 35 lbs in the past four years and have never cut, only bulked. IMO, there's no point in cutting with the frame you're at now. Being "clean" (in my opinion) just means keeping you're fat around 10-12%. IMO, you should just focus on on your work-outs, protein content, and keep cals above maintenance. Easier said then done.

Everything else seems good to go.
    35 Lbs in four years ?? dats heaps of hardwork aye .. Yeh iam skinny fat so better i bulk .. but the problem is i do have fat on my belly n chest region.. wondering wud i be able to make a decent chest with the fat still around it ?

mistercollie is a name known to all. (+5000) mistercollie is a name known to all. (+5000) mistercollie is a name known to all. (+5000) mistercollie is a name known to all. (+5000) mistercollie is a name known to all. (+5000) mistercollie is a name known to all. (+5000) mistercollie is a name known to all. (+5000) mistercollie is a name known to all. (+5000) mistercollie is a name known to all. (+5000) mistercollie is a name known to all. (+5000) mistercollie is a name known to all. (+5000)
    35 Lbs in four years ?? dats heaps of hardwork aye .. Yeh iam skinny fat so better i bulk .. but the problem is i do have fat on my belly n chest region.. wondering wud i be able to make a decent chest with the fat still around it ?
    You tell me:

Fat is just reserved, expendable energy. Don't worry so much about it right now.

You tell me:

Fat is just reserved, expendable energy. Don't worry so much about it right now.
    Holy S*** .. dats freakin auwsum bro .. u had lil chest fat and u never cutted but instead bulked .. u freakin huge now ( no homo intentions aye) .. I am happy i chose to clean bulk insted of cutting ..

And yeh i use to do 5 days of cardio (30 mins) .. Since now iam bulking should i stop cardio at all or jus drop down to 3 days ?
    Last edited by ravi1984; 01-05-2011 at 03:16 AM. Reason: adding more stuff

And yeh i use to do 5 days of cardio (30 mins) .. Since now iam bulking should i stop cardio at all or jus drop down to 3 days ?
    Save them cals for maintenance & recovery, IMO. I don't do cardio... ever. lol

Save them cals for maintenance & recovery, IMO. I don't do cardio... ever. lol
    Brah .. wanted to ask u somethin about the workout .. Did u Lifted weights everyday or was it like a 3 or 4 day split ? In case of chest exercises there are man exercises Bench press (incline/decline), Dumbell flys (incline,decline), low cable cross overs, Dumbless bench press (incline,decline). Do you do all these on the chest day or pick few selected ones ?

Cheers