SteveKerr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Need Help Losing Body Fat!

Hi, I am new to this forum! I just started going to the gym. I used to be in shape but all that college drinking has defientely paid its toll. I have just joined a gym for the first time and got a personal trainer to help me around the gym and what not. I used to play lots of tennis, soccer, basketball and was in shape from that but not anymore. I want to definetely get rid of my beer gut and build my upper body. I am 5"11 and 173 pounds. I got my stomach measured at 31%BF but my legs are at 7%BF. Overall my BF averaged out to 22%. My pants size is a 36 and I really want to get down to a 32 or less. I used to drink TONS of Iced Tea and eat crappy foods, but I have stopped that. I now drink only water and pomegranete juice. I am trying to eat healthier, salads, chicken, fish, etc.. I do eat a lot of sushi which I guess is a good thing. What I was wondering, since I just joined a gym, should I start taking Protein shakes? What do you suggest is the most effective way to accomplish what I want (Build Upper Body and close to a 6pack if possible)? I appreciate the advice! I also just started takign vitamins, I dunno if that is agood idea, but I got GNC Mega man Multivitamins.. I know GNC stinks but it was right next to where I work.. thanks

Not what I use to be..... StrongEnough?'s Avatar
    StrongEnough? is on a distinguished road. (+10) StrongEnough? is on a distinguished road. (+10) StrongEnough? is on a distinguished road. (+10) StrongEnough? is on a distinguished road. (+10) StrongEnough? is on a distinguished road. (+10) StrongEnough? is on a distinguished road. (+10) StrongEnough? is on a distinguished road. (+10) StrongEnough? is on a distinguished road. (+10) StrongEnough? is on a distinguished road. (+10) StrongEnough? is on a distinguished road. (+10) StrongEnough? is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Welcome to the boards Steve!

Congrats on the desire to make a change. I hope you're ready!

5-6 meals
    Eat every 2-3 hours, 4 tops
    Get the same amount of protein, carbs and fats in every meal.
    Drink tons of water
    Get 7+ hours of sleep a night

Protein: Poultry, fish, red meat, cottage cheese, eggs, Whey, Casein
    Carbs : WW pasta, WW breads, Oats (Rolled or Steel)
    Fats : Olive oil, fish and flax, nuts, and almond and peanutbutter (all natural)

Eat your Greens, and fruits too

Remember, this is a lifestyle change, not a destination. You cannot stop once you get your 6 pack. Set a short term, and long term goal. Enjoy a cheat meal every once in a while. You'll thank yourself for all the hard work you have done.

Good luck