jens has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

train each muscle once or twice per week?

Hi!

I´ve heard a lot of different opinions.
    I´ve been training for 8 months in the gym, and the four last ones have been really hard, I have worked out hard.
    Now, should I train each muscle just once per week, or twice?
    Some people say that I should train it just once, but other people says my muscles will grow more with two times a week.
    What should I do?
    I eat extra protein.

Thanks!

BigPicture has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigPicture has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigPicture has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigPicture has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigPicture has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigPicture has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigPicture has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigPicture has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigPicture has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigPicture has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigPicture has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    well training 2 times a week could make the muscles not get enough rest to fully recover and grow!
    part of DA...keep it on the QT

EAE is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EAE is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EAE is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EAE is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EAE is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EAE is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EAE is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EAE is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EAE is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EAE is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EAE is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    2>1 ... as long as you put the time into setting it up correctly.
    Look up DFHT if you want to see what a good 2x per week program (w/ periodization) looks like.

Of course, there are times where lower frequency training is better, but I think you were just looking for a general answer.

hyp3r3xt3nsion has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally posted by EAE
    exactly. proper setup is key, not just throwing it helter-scelter and saying 'looks good enough'

Younglifter14 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Younglifter14 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Younglifter14 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Younglifter14 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Younglifter14 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Younglifter14 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Younglifter14 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Younglifter14 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Younglifter14 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Younglifter14 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Younglifter14 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally posted by EAE
    Look up DFHT if you want to see what a good 2x per week program (w/ periodization) looks like.

Of course, there are times where lower frequency training is better, but I think you were just looking for a general answer.
    nice answer

Young

egoatdoor is a name known to all. (+5000) egoatdoor is a name known to all. (+5000) egoatdoor is a name known to all. (+5000) egoatdoor is a name known to all. (+5000) egoatdoor is a name known to all. (+5000) egoatdoor is a name known to all. (+5000) egoatdoor is a name known to all. (+5000) egoatdoor is a name known to all. (+5000) egoatdoor is a name known to all. (+5000) egoatdoor is a name known to all. (+5000) egoatdoor is a name known to all. (+5000)

Re: train each muscle once or twice per week?

Originally posted by jens
    Hi!

I´ve heard a lot of different opinions.
    I´ve been training for 8 months in the gym, and the four last ones have been really hard, I have worked out hard.
    Now, should I train each muscle just once per week, or twice?
    Some people say that I should train it just once, but other people says my muscles will grow more with two times a week.
    What should I do?
    I eat extra protein.

Thanks!
    If you need to prioritize one or two muscles, its OK to work them twice a week for a period of time, but you must also decrease the intensity of training the other muscle groups so that 1) the lagging part(s) can catch up and 2) you do not overtrain.

Personally, I have been doubling up on chest, calves and back the last two months ( one month to go) so these lagging parts catch up with my shoulders and quads.
    "People listen to rich folks. People they pray for poor folks"- John Thompson, long time head basketball coach at Georgetown University.

Passion doesn't pay the bills. G4P does.