Registered User happylifter1220's Avatar
    happylifter1220 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Smile My ~6 year journey thus far

Hey all,

Currently, I am a 26-year-old male (5 foot 11 inches) residing in Chicago and I started lifting back in 2018. My motivation was quite unhealthy...I was trying to get attention from others. It was probably around October of 2019 when I started to change the direction to powerlifting. A random guy at the gym I went to saw me deadlifting 405 pounds. He inquired me about my weight, and I shared I was 180 pounds. He encouraged me to consider powerlifting if I continued to increase my strength at relatively the same weight. Hence, my photos in 2021 and 2022 summer were the peak of my strength (290 pounds for bench press, 520 pounds for deadlift, and 425 pounds for squat at 180 pounds in bodyweight). I did a local competition and placed 4th out of 30 males. Of course, it is not as comparable as a statewide or regional competition, but I was proud of myself.

Albeit I began to accumulate many injuries during that time. I did not have a professional coach and adhered to one workout program. I adjusted to machine or dumbbell work that I preferred for the same or similar muscle groups.  Eventually, in July of 2022, I decided to work with a professional bodybuilding coach. Throughout this time, I spent one year -- between July 2022 and August 2023 -- bulking up to 44 pounds (180 pounds --> 224 pounds). Since then, I have been cutting and am around 195 pounds (nearly 30 pounds cut). I have noticed the biggest difference is size built in my arms and back. Ideally, I would like to do a natural, competitive bodybuilding show in fall of 2024, and I still have another ~30 pounds to cut (according to my coach).

The photos (attached) are some of what I have taken. I will include a reply to finalize additional photos of where I am at. It seemed like I reached memory capacity to post.

If you have gotten to this point, thanks for reading. If you are in the Chicago area, than hit me up! :-)
    Attached Images