Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    furyhockey is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) furyhockey is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) furyhockey is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) furyhockey is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) furyhockey is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) furyhockey is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) furyhockey is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) furyhockey is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) furyhockey is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) furyhockey is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) furyhockey is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

My 21st B-day during Prep

Well, I'm currenty 8 weeks away from my first BB show May 22nd. I just wanted to post because It's just funny the things some of us do for this sport. I am most likely spending my b-day tomorrow with candles in my chicken breast but I may just have a free small meal out to eat with the fam. I'm currently 5.5% BF at 8 weeks out and my trainer said If I stay under control and have a small free meal it should do no harm. I never thought I would be spending my 21st like this but in reality its 8 more weeks of my life so I really can't complain. While most of my buddies will be at the bar tomorrow night I'll be hittin legs so I'll raise my protein shake to that!

Barn01 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Barn01 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Barn01 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Barn01 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Barn01 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Barn01 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Barn01 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Barn01 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Barn01 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Barn01 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Barn01 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by furyhockey View Post
    Well, I'm currenty 8 weeks away from my first BB show May 22nd. I just wanted to post because It's just funny the things some of us do for this sport. I am most likely spending my b-day tomorrow with candles in my chicken breast but I may just have a free small meal out to eat with the fam. I'm currently 5.5% BF at 8 weeks out and my trainer said If I stay under control and have a small free meal it should do no harm. I never thought I would be spending my 21st like this but in reality its 8 more weeks of my life so I really can't complain. While most of my buddies will be at the bar tomorrow night I'll be hittin legs so I'll raise my protein shake to that!
    I just spent my 35th b-day at 2 weeks out. I went to the keg and had a pile of steak and asparagus. I was almost sweating trying not to eat more than a bite or two of the mashed potatoes. Then out to the bar with friends and I drank diet cokes all night. The steak was amazing, asparagus was like candy and the diet cokes were fine. I don't drink much anyhow.

Just make the best of it and smile (it could be a lot worse)
    My $0.02 is worth $0.03

furyhockey is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) furyhockey is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) furyhockey is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) furyhockey is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) furyhockey is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) furyhockey is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) furyhockey is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) furyhockey is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) furyhockey is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) furyhockey is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) furyhockey is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Thanks, yea I'm not upset it's just bad timing that I got the itch to do this but I'm more focused than ever so I'm not going to spill or anything it's just funny to me. All in all, I knew my b-day was in the middle of it so I'm not bickering about it, Just never imagined myself dieting for a bodybuilding show on my 21st birthday!

BRB- Getting a case of Diet mountain dew for my buddies party bus on friday!

Bronze Account Holder Whomper107's Avatar
    Whomper107 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Whomper107 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Whomper107 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Whomper107 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Whomper107 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Whomper107 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Whomper107 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Whomper107 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Whomper107 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Whomper107 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Whomper107 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I'd suggest doing your best to fit the meal into your calorie needs for the day. Cut out all other direct sources of fat that day, and save as many calories as you can for that meal. Enjoy yourself, have a great time, but avoid binging and keep everything in moderation.

Despite what anyone says, doing things like this in prep is not doing you any favors, even if the end result is not that much affected. How you treat this day is essentially a test of what is more important to you - the momentary gratification of eating a tasty dinner, or the knowledge 8.5 weeks from now that the man standing on stage brought his absolute best. The fact of the matter is that if you exceed your calorie needs, you have used one day which could have been used for fat loss to do just the opposite, and could spend subsequent days repairing the damage instead of moving forward. In light of this, I would definitely do what you can to keep things within reason.
    *No sets to failure crew*
    *germanyt crew*

Will become a Natural Pro UCFBuilder's Avatar
    UCFBuilder is a name known to all. (+5000) UCFBuilder is a name known to all. (+5000) UCFBuilder is a name known to all. (+5000) UCFBuilder is a name known to all. (+5000) UCFBuilder is a name known to all. (+5000) UCFBuilder is a name known to all. (+5000) UCFBuilder is a name known to all. (+5000) UCFBuilder is a name known to all. (+5000) UCFBuilder is a name known to all. (+5000) UCFBuilder is a name known to all. (+5000) UCFBuilder is a name known to all. (+5000)
    yeah i dieted last year through my 21st..i dont drink so it wasnt to bad in that aspect..but not being able to eat kinda suckes..

but what do ya know..im dieting this year through my 22nd birthday...oh well...just gotta wanna win that show more than u wanna celebrate your birthday

Cnstnce is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Cnstnce is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Cnstnce is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Cnstnce is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Cnstnce is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Cnstnce is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Cnstnce is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Cnstnce is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Cnstnce is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Cnstnce is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Cnstnce is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I thought I was going to be dieting for my 30th, but my trainer threw me into a show the day before! I won my class, so had a nice post contest meal, complete with pasta and chocolate cake, and then got back to work. It's all in the name of our passion.
    The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack of will.
    Vince Lombardi

Barn01 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Barn01 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Barn01 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Barn01 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Barn01 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Barn01 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Barn01 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Barn01 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Barn01 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Barn01 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Barn01 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Cnstnce View Post
    I thought I was going to be dieting for my 30th, but my trainer threw me into a show the day before! I won my class, so had a nice post contest meal, complete with pasta and chocolate cake, and then got back to work. It's all in the name of our passion.
    Cool and congrats ... that was a lucky timing break forsure
    My $0.02 is worth $0.03

DanTheManB is a name known to all. (+5000) DanTheManB is a name known to all. (+5000) DanTheManB is a name known to all. (+5000) DanTheManB is a name known to all. (+5000) DanTheManB is a name known to all. (+5000) DanTheManB is a name known to all. (+5000) DanTheManB is a name known to all. (+5000) DanTheManB is a name known to all. (+5000) DanTheManB is a name known to all. (+5000) DanTheManB is a name known to all. (+5000) DanTheManB is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by furyhockey View Post
    Relax bro. It's better this way TBH.....sooooo many dudes get egged on to drink until near death when they turn 21. It's fuking horrible....they just don't get how sick they'll be ...this way you can avoid that (hopefully not do it after the show either) and trust me bro the bad food will still be around when it's all said and done!

DanTheManB is a name known to all. (+5000) DanTheManB is a name known to all. (+5000) DanTheManB is a name known to all. (+5000) DanTheManB is a name known to all. (+5000) DanTheManB is a name known to all. (+5000) DanTheManB is a name known to all. (+5000) DanTheManB is a name known to all. (+5000) DanTheManB is a name known to all. (+5000) DanTheManB is a name known to all. (+5000) DanTheManB is a name known to all. (+5000) DanTheManB is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Whomper107 View Post
    I'd suggest doing your best to fit the meal into your calorie needs for the day. Cut out all other direct sources of fat that day, and save as many calories as you can for that meal. Enjoy yourself, have a great time, but avoid binging and keep everything in moderation.

Despite what anyone says, doing things like this in prep is not doing you any favors, even if the end result is not that much affected. How you treat this day is essentially a test of what is more important to you - the momentary gratification of eating a tasty dinner, or the knowledge 8.5 weeks from now that the man standing on stage brought his absolute best. The fact of the matter is that if you exceed your calorie needs, you have used one day which could have been used for fat loss to do just the opposite, and could spend subsequent days repairing the damage instead of moving forward. In light of this, I would definitely do what you can to keep things within reason.
    this too. i wouldnt have a "free meal" at all even if it's supposedly "clean" esp. at a restaurant

Originally Posted by DanTheManB View Post
    trust me bro the bad food will still be around when it's all said and done!
    This is basically something I tell myself daily or when anyone asks me how I can go about dieting like I do and they all tell me how they could never do it or give up the junk food.

McD's and all the junk will always be there. You just have to put it on hold for a little while.

Stay focused and you'll win!
    My $0.02 is worth $0.03

RooRooTJ is just really nice. (+1000) RooRooTJ is just really nice. (+1000) RooRooTJ is just really nice. (+1000) RooRooTJ is just really nice. (+1000) RooRooTJ is just really nice. (+1000) RooRooTJ is just really nice. (+1000) RooRooTJ is just really nice. (+1000) RooRooTJ is just really nice. (+1000) RooRooTJ is just really nice. (+1000) RooRooTJ is just really nice. (+1000) RooRooTJ is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Cnstnce View Post
    Haha I wish mine would be like that. My 30th is 3 days before my show in a couple weeks. So my birthday meal will be that night
    New Coming Soon

Pro Natural Bodybuilder AustrianOakJr's Avatar
    AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000)
    IM gonna take the opposite stance on this and probably get flamed. But I better or not....or else. I would line up more with what Whomper is saying. Life doesnt have to cease to exist to a bodybuilding show. Im very disciplined in my approach to prep, but I make 2-3 allowances for special days during prep. These are bound to come.....a wedding, an anniversary, Christmas, whatever.....I dont think its healthy to deny yourself some enjoyment on these days. And perhaps even a bit selfish if there is someone else involved (like an anniversary). UNless you are way behind in your prep, I would say, go out and enjoy yourself. Eat a nice dinner and have a beer. Just keep it very moderate. No sense in eating chicken breast and lettuce on your birthday. In the grand scheme of prep, this is a very minor thing. Just keep these special occasions to 2-3 times during prep (plan them ahead) and dont make every Saturday a "special occasion".
    "Who the Son sets free is free indeed....."

WNBF Pro Natural Bodybuilder

Check out my CELLUCOR Supplement log:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=148746693&pagenumber=

3DMJ Athlete

Originally Posted by AustrianOakJr View Post
    IM gonna take the opposite stance on this and probably get flamed. But I better or not....or else. I would line up more with what Whomper is saying. Life doesnt have to cease to exist to a bodybuilding show. Im very disciplined in my approach to prep, but I make 2-3 allowances for special days during prep. These are bound to come.....a wedding, an anniversary, Christmas, whatever.....I dont think its healthy to deny yourself some enjoyment on these days. And perhaps even a bit selfish if there is someone else involved (like an anniversary). UNless you are way behind in your prep, I would say, go out and enjoy yourself. Eat a nice dinner and have a beer. Just keep it very moderate. No sense in eating chicken breast and lettuce on your birthday. In the grand scheme of prep, this is a very minor thing. Just keep these special occasions to 2-3 times during prep (plan them ahead) and dont make every Saturday a "special occasion".
    Well said. And I did have 2 tacos and a glass of beer. I was so focused I didnt even eat all my food and honestly felt like I couldnt even eat it if i wanted to. Plus I am ahead on my prep and today about a week later it didnt stall any progress!

fitlover has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fitlover has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fitlover has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fitlover has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fitlover has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fitlover has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fitlover has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fitlover has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fitlover has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fitlover has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fitlover has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I missed my ice cream and cake on my birthday as well.

It's not the end of the world. I'm still happy, healthy, and alive. You'll get to eat crazy sh*t after your show, and it'll all be worth it.
    ^_^

AniMaLizTik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AniMaLizTik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AniMaLizTik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AniMaLizTik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AniMaLizTik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AniMaLizTik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AniMaLizTik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AniMaLizTik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AniMaLizTik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AniMaLizTik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AniMaLizTik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Eat cake, have a drink...it'll be ok. You have to have balance. Yin yang. Too much yin, not enough yang, make johnny angry.

but seriously, if you allow yourself PLENTY of time to perp, there is no reason you can live a halfway normal life. I listen to Arnold speak on this at the Arnold training seminar, tose guuys didn't track calories or anything, they just gradually took out bread and snacks until they were lean enough, all the while still enjoying life.

Life is too short to sit and wish you could be doing something else, when you very well could be. just my 2
    ...imnoting

AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by AniMaLizTik View Post
    I listen to Arnold speak on this at the Arnold training seminar, tose guuys didn't track calories or anything, they just gradually took out bread and snacks until they were lean enough, all the while still enjoying life.
    THen again, Arnold and the rest of the Golden era bb'ers are basically obese compared to the elite of now-a-days. Point taken though. And I agree.

3DMJ Athlete

fitlover has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fitlover has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fitlover has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fitlover has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fitlover has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fitlover has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fitlover has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fitlover has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fitlover has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fitlover has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fitlover has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Eat cake, have a drink...it'll be ok. You have to have balance. Yin yang. Too much yin, not enough yang, make johnny angry.

but seriously, if you allow yourself PLENTY of time to perp, there is no reason you can live a halfway normal life. I listen to Arnold speak on this at the Arnold training seminar, tose guuys didn't track calories or anything, they just gradually took out bread and snacks until they were lean enough, all the while still enjoying life.

Life is too short to sit and wish you could be doing something else, when you very well could be. just my 2
    I guess it's all personal preference. Everyone has different views on what is considered "enjoying life". I enjoy my life without eating junk. I still had a fun birthday.

If you can fit it in without compromising results, go for it! If not, tough it out.
    ^_^

scoobysnacks is just really nice. (+1000) scoobysnacks is just really nice. (+1000) scoobysnacks is just really nice. (+1000) scoobysnacks is just really nice. (+1000) scoobysnacks is just really nice. (+1000) scoobysnacks is just really nice. (+1000) scoobysnacks is just really nice. (+1000) scoobysnacks is just really nice. (+1000) scoobysnacks is just really nice. (+1000) scoobysnacks is just really nice. (+1000) scoobysnacks is just really nice. (+1000)
    if you are truly at 5.5% this wont hurt you.

In 2008 I was 9 week out from the NPC Northern KY the biggest non national show in the country, it was my 30th birthday party. I had stayed very lean and was only about 8 lbs off stage weight.

I ate whatever the hell I wanted and tied on a few beers too while at the comedy club.

Result, first place finish in the open, qualified for nationals, and best conditioning to date.

Now if you are behind then its not a wise move. Sounds like you enjoyed some food but kept it reasonable, good for you.

Ss
    Scivation Sponsored Athlete: http://scivation.com/teamscivation/jasontheobald.htm
    www.nattynutrition.com
    www.physiquetalk.com

musclemass22 is on a distinguished road. (+10) musclemass22 is on a distinguished road. (+10) musclemass22 is on a distinguished road. (+10) musclemass22 is on a distinguished road. (+10) musclemass22 is on a distinguished road. (+10) musclemass22 is on a distinguished road. (+10) musclemass22 is on a distinguished road. (+10) musclemass22 is on a distinguished road. (+10) musclemass22 is on a distinguished road. (+10) musclemass22 is on a distinguished road. (+10) musclemass22 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I planned my current prep to start on Jan 1st which gave me 17 weeks to diet. I planned Feb 6th, my wife's surprise 30th bday, as the one day I would allow myself a break. I brought my meals but drank about a case of beer, lol. I still alotted myself plenty of time for the May 8th show and have not had a break since. I agree with Oak's response-Brian

asto_86 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) asto_86 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) asto_86 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) asto_86 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) asto_86 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) asto_86 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) asto_86 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) asto_86 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) asto_86 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) asto_86 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) asto_86 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Relax bro. It's better this way TBH.....sooooo many dudes get egged on to drink until near death when they turn 21. It's fuking horrible....they just don't get how sick they'll be ...this way you can avoid that (hopefully not do it after the show either) and trust me bro the bad food will still be around when it's all said and done!
    That's how my 21st went... gawd that was one of the worst ways to "celebrate". Not worth it in anyway at all.. Havent done it like that since.
    IG: chaseirons
    SC: chaseirons

10,000 calorie challenge #1
    https://youtu.be/E1b3hP4IAgg

10,000 calorie challenge #2
    http://youtu.be/o6yhpK84d9U

Fast food challenge
    https://youtu.be/xw1sF0kwpSY

Originally Posted by fitlover View Post
    I guess it's all personal preference. Everyone has different views on what is considered "enjoying life". I enjoy my life without eating junk. .
    My view sees a big, greasy pizza, and a couple dozen Buffalo wings slathered in blue cheese dressing.

3DMJ Athlete

My view sees a big, greasy pizza, and a couple dozen Buffalo wings slathered in blue cheese dressing.
    Nope, there's no cheesecake in that mix - how can you enjoy life without cheesecake?!?!
    ^_^

Nope, there's no cheesecake in that mix - how can you enjoy life without cheesecake?!?!
    OMG just one bite of cheesecake and I'm bent over in pain for an hour. I love the taste but my body can't deal with it anymore. Maybe after I've been bulking for a while it wouldn't hurt but while cutting I actually HURT when I eat something like that!
    My $0.02 is worth $0.03

AniMaLizTik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AniMaLizTik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AniMaLizTik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AniMaLizTik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AniMaLizTik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AniMaLizTik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AniMaLizTik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AniMaLizTik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AniMaLizTik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AniMaLizTik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AniMaLizTik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Barn01 View Post
    OMG just one bite of cheesecake and I'm bent over in pain for an hour. I love the taste but my body can't deal with it anymore. Maybe after I've been bulking for a while it wouldn't hurt but while cutting I actually HURT when I eat something like that!
    cheesecake flavored jello pudding = 5 servings, 100cals, same taste, cheap, great for diets
    ...imnoting

Im a big cheescake fan too. Im big on the "turtle" cheescake.....the kind with the chocolate, pecans, and caramel crust on top. Oh man!

3DMJ Athlete

Pain? That's terrible.

Im a big cheescake fan too. Im big on the "turtle" cheescake.....the kind with the chocolate, pecans, and caramel crust on top. Oh man!
    Hell yesssss!

This thread had me googling cheesecake. I now have this picture on my desktop:

Gotta keep my eyes on the prize

cheesecake flavored jello pudding = 5 servings, 100cals, same taste, cheap, great for diets
    Definitely not the same
    ^_^

thanks, 9 days out and you post that
    ...imnoting

this. SOOOOOO RICH....PB pie too ugh

thanks, 9 days out and you post that
    Sorrryyyyyy (good luck, btw!)

this. SOOOOOO RICH....PB pie too ugh
    WHAT! You're crazy!! Apple pie and ice cream is the BEST
    ^_^

Sorrryyyyyy (good luck, btw!)

WHAT! You're crazy!! Apple pie and ice cream is the BEST
    I LOVE all pie EXCEPT Peanut Butter. In theory I SHOULD love it...but it's sooo thick and rich it grosses me out.

I'm a huge chocolate cake fan now too after having the best piece of cake in my life after my show last year