Page 9 of 70 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 59 ... LastLast
    Dave P has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dave P has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dave P has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dave P has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dave P has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dave P has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dave P has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dave P has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dave P has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dave P has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dave P has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Think I might try out those short ribs later this week.

Dave P has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dave P has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dave P has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dave P has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dave P has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dave P has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dave P has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dave P has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dave P has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dave P has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dave P has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Needed to finish up these Costco ribs before they started to turn, also still need to nail my Sous-Vide Rib process.

This time I tried it at 145 degrees for only 6 hours to see if there was a big difference in cook times. I also tried smoking for the first time but pretty much failed miserably.

Busted out the smoke box

Soaked the chips for like half an hour

Set em up on the gas and lit em up

Once they started to burn I closed the top and put the ribs in

Waited for the sun to set

Problem was I didn't use enough chips, they burnt up and only smoked for like 30 minutes with the ribs before they were done. Next time ill use more...learn by failing.

Came out really good though even though the smoke was non existant

Takeaways....145 is the money spot for sous vide ribs by far. At only 6 hours they weren't as fall off the bone, the texture/cook was perfect but if they sat for like 24 hours they would be flawless.

Not sure when I'll do ribs again but as of now my "perfect rib" would be 24 hours, 145 degrees, smoked properly for a bit, then seared.

No joke, if I could enter that into a BBQ contest but was allowed to keep it behind curtains and just serve the ribs I would. BBQ purists are such *******s sometimes about cook methods they would never be willing to even attempt to wrap their brains around Sous Vide ribs....they are so good compared to other methods and I've been to those "Best of the West" type Rib competitions.
    Last edited by Dave P; 08-02-2015 at 11:31 PM.

Registered BIG BALLER WeekndOrNah's Avatar
    WeekndOrNah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WeekndOrNah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WeekndOrNah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WeekndOrNah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WeekndOrNah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WeekndOrNah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WeekndOrNah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WeekndOrNah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WeekndOrNah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WeekndOrNah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WeekndOrNah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Looking at the peach/frisee/endive salad gave me a semi, dead srs. I usually don't like veggies, but seeing frisee gives me a chub.

That salad is serious business....serious....

The dressing is epic to the point that my girl has basically demanded that we have a bottle of it in the fridge at all times from now on. Its so good and not unhealthy when you compare it to like ranch. Has that standard acidity of a vinaigrette but brings in a sweetness with the peach to balance it better.

House was out of food so it was a day to re-up.

Gonna see how the Sous Vide deals with pork loin cuts. Last time I cooked pork chops I got tired of them real fast because they were kinda dry and ended up having a chicken breast kinda texture. At $1.99/lb they are super affordable and perfect meat for all week to grub on.

Grabbed some Round Steak at $3.99 a pound, going to try to turn half of it into french-dip roast beef and the other half I'm gonna try to make Pastrami.

Originally Posted by MISCERZ View Post
    Ribs look unreal. My fav meat.

Wondering, don't you miss the flame brioild flavor you'd get from a BBQ?

You ever have Maui Ribs, DavePBrah?
    Grabbed some Short-Ribs today.

Going to try to recreate the Momofuku short-ribs.

Beef Roast, Pastrami, and Ribs are all basically 48 hour cooks so figure ill do them all at once Was at Costco about to buy some sandwhich meat and was like "Hey fck that, I can make my own"

ctownballer04 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ctownballer04 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ctownballer04 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ctownballer04 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ctownballer04 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ctownballer04 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ctownballer04 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ctownballer04 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ctownballer04 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ctownballer04 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ctownballer04 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    hnnnnnnnnnnng
    Trading/Investing Thread Crew
    Math Thread Crew
    Poker & Sports Betting crew

**1st Team All Sports Misc**
    Portland Trail Blazers Crew
    Oregon Ducks Crew

RIP ThePrimeSalmon

WeekndOrNah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WeekndOrNah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WeekndOrNah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WeekndOrNah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WeekndOrNah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WeekndOrNah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WeekndOrNah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WeekndOrNah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WeekndOrNah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WeekndOrNah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WeekndOrNah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I made a french dip the other day.
    Thin shaved flat iron steak on the flat top and cooked down some beef stock with aromatics/white wine/worcestershire/salt all to taste to make an au jus.

Made some Pork Loin chops and Bok Choy for dinner.

First I started out with this dressing for the Bok Choy, alittle oil in a pan, fry the ginger/garlic for like 30 seconds, drop in the rest of the liquids (other than sesame oil), let it reduce for like a minute, then drop in sesame oil, stir it up and put it aside.

1-1/2 Tbs. minced fresh ginger
    1/2 Tbs. minced garlic
    1/4 cup mirin
    1-1/2 Tbs. white miso
    1 Tbs. lime juice
    1 Tbs. rice vinegar
    1/4 tsp. Sriracha
    1 Tbs. Asian sesame oil

Then I turned to the Pork...let it Sous Vide at 140 for about an hour, gave it the standard pan-torch quick sear treatment. Then I used my pomegranite/balsamic reduction sauce to top it off with like 1 tsp on each chop.

For the reduction I use balsamic vinegar and some of this Pomegranite syrup/concentrate. Let it boil and reduce about half way...one of the few recipes that is 100% my own concoction. I love this sh!t.

Then I turned to the Bok Choy, basically just pan fried it with alittle oil for like 6 minutes, then just lightly tossed it with the dressing

Voila, Balsamic Pomegranite Pork Loin and Warm Miso Bok Choy.

Nom

Still trying to find the perfect texture for pork...gonna try it at 135 next time to see how it goes.

Girl surprised me by getting me my favorite beer, can't buy it in California for whatever reason so I was stoked.

Mmmmmm

Urmum2 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Urmum2 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Urmum2 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Urmum2 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Urmum2 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Urmum2 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Urmum2 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Urmum2 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Urmum2 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Urmum2 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Urmum2 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Noice

VANZFINEST has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) VANZFINEST has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) VANZFINEST has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) VANZFINEST has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) VANZFINEST has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) VANZFINEST has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) VANZFINEST has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) VANZFINEST has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) VANZFINEST has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) VANZFINEST has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) VANZFINEST has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by wildchild11 View Post
    why do you pretend to be a gangsta when all your posts are about surburban dad activities like cooking the perfect steak, shopping at costco and whole foods, wine tasting, etc.
    Your poverty join date is reason why you dont know why he is how he is. It used to be a popular crew around here before crews were even a thing.
    русский брат

"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, uh, your opinion, man."

“Everybody wants to be a bodybuilder, but don’t nobody wanna lift no heavy ass weights.”

"For me life is continuously being hungry, the meaning of life is not simply to exist, to survive. But to move ahead to go up, to achieve and to conquer"

just4kickz is a name known to all. (+5000) just4kickz is a name known to all. (+5000) just4kickz is a name known to all. (+5000) just4kickz is a name known to all. (+5000) just4kickz is a name known to all. (+5000) just4kickz is a name known to all. (+5000) just4kickz is a name known to all. (+5000) just4kickz is a name known to all. (+5000) just4kickz is a name known to all. (+5000) just4kickz is a name known to all. (+5000) just4kickz is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Hey dave, do you mind sharing that miso butter steak recipe? Thanks.

4 oz. (1/2 cup) unsalted butter, softened
    1/4 cup white miso
    2-3 cloves of garlic
    2 steaks
    Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper

Optional 1 tsp. white truffle oil to really make it nice.

You will most likely not use it all, can save it for later or just really douse the steak in it.

Gonna put a break here, the rest of my post is basically all about cooking method. If you got your steak-method down and just wanted to try my butter then don't bother reading.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Depends on your cook method preferences for steak. Watching Goron Ramsays perfect steak was the way I got introduced to Butter-Basting a steak at the end of the process of cooking.

Its the same process from a technical standpoint but instead of dropping the garlic into the butter and simmering it in the corner of the pan while basting the steak, to make things easier I just pre-melt the butter with the miso, garlic, and sometimes truffle oil in the microwave.

That way when Im ready for the final butter-blast moment its all prepared, just drop it in the pan and handle it.

This is all assuming you're not doing Sous-Vide steak, which is pretty much how I exclusively do steak now, if you are Sous Viding then just let me know and I'll give you some pointers on what I do now.

I would like to say however that I actually prefer Alton Browns method of cooking steak to any non-sous vide method. The only difference is I've incorporated the butter that I learned from Gordon Ramsay, put alittle twist on the butter, then used Altons method.

Alton puts the pan in the oven at 500 degrees to get it up to heat (dont burn your fcking hand on the handle) while letting the steak get to room temperature. Instead of putting oil in the pan and getting it to smoke, he brushes the oil onto the steak and drops it into the dry pan. 30 second sear both sides, then he puts it into the oven.

I just shave alittle time off what he does in the oven to buy myself enough time to do the butter-baste thing without over cooking the steak.
    Last edited by Dave P; 08-05-2015 at 11:44 PM.

ctownballer04 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ctownballer04 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ctownballer04 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ctownballer04 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ctownballer04 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ctownballer04 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ctownballer04 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ctownballer04 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ctownballer04 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ctownballer04 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ctownballer04 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    You're killing me w/ these 11pm bumps. I need these to come like 12 hours earlier when there is a possibility to make some feugo food after seeing the posts :0

How was the Sous Vide for pork?
    Math Thread Crew

Oregon Ducks Crew

RIP ThePrimeSalmon

Pork Loin and Chicken breasts are hard man...not because they are inherently hard...its because they are just so bland and dry usually.

Like if you called me up and said "Yo I was thinkin of shootin through tonight, whats for dinner?" and I responded "Chicken Breast" you'd probably just say "I'll grab something to eat on the way". Its not a hard thing to cook, its a hard thing to take from "Meh" to "omg"

Sous Vide pork ended up being the juiciest loins ive ever made. I think I might try it out at 140 instead of 145 to see if I can get a better texture. I mean the reason I eat Pork Loin isn't because I'm like "omfg its the best cut of meat"....its because its fcking $1.99 a pound and an awesome source of clean protein...its healthy as fck.

So yea, I'm gonna keep banging my head against the wall trying to figure out the ultimate pork loin recipe.

I would like to say that the pomegranite balsamic sauce is one of my favorite sauces though. It makes a simple pork loin...epic.

Originally Posted by Dave P View Post
    Pork Loin and Chicken breasts are hard man...not because they are inherently hard...its because they are just so bland and dry usually.

Like if you called me up and said "Yo I was thinkin of shootin through tonight, whats for dinner?" and I responded "Chicken Breast" you'd probably just say "I'll grab something to eat on the way". Its not a hard thing to cook, its a hard thing to take from "Meh" to "omg"

Sous Vide pork ended up being the juiciest loins ive ever made. I think I might try it out at 140 instead of 145 to see if I can get a better texture. I mean the reason I eat Pork Loin isn't because I'm like "omfg its the best cut of meat"....its because its fcking $1.99 a pound and an awesome source of clean protein...its healthy as fck.

So yea, I'm gonna keep banging my head against the wall trying to figure out the ultimate pork loin recipe.

I would like to say that the pomegranite balsamic sauce is one of my favorite sauces though. It makes a simple pork loin...epic.
    I need to start cooking more, I really have no experience cooking anything outside of steaks. I can imagine though, as chicken breasts and pork loins aren't very exciting by themselves. Can't just salt/pepper them like you can with cuts of beef and expect an exciting meal. Have you ever cooked any exotic meats? I ate a bunch of ostrich when I was in South Africa and it was incredible.
    Math Thread Crew

Oregon Ducks Crew

RIP ThePrimeSalmon

I haven't cooked any but I've eaten plenty.

Kangaroo, Elk, Venison, Bear, Pheasant, Quail etc.

Every week I want to try something I've never tried to cook before. I'll post pics tomorrow but I just started a 48-hour Sous Vide Short Rib, a 48-hour attempt at making roast beef (French-Dip Sandwhich quality meat is the goal), and tomorrow I'm gonna make my first brine and try to make some pastrami. Ive never cooked Short Ribs, I've failed every time I try to make a beef that I can legit put on a sandwhich and love.

Essentially once I feel like I've nailed something, I want to write down my preffered method of cooking it, then move to something I dont know yet. Right now...I'm still working on cow parts, pig parts, chicken parts....you know, the basics.

I fully intend to get into cooking more exotic meats though once I've basically wrapped up the basics.

I've said it before but Sauces are a big part of what I want to really master. I just made my first Teriyaki last night (will post tomorrow). It was really fckin good but feels like it could be alittle better.

Cliffs:
    - I want to push myself to always work on cooking something I've never cooked, which given enough time will inevitably lead to me cooking weird stuff as I run out of not-weird stuff...not there yet but one day I will.

I haven't cooked any but I've eaten plenty.

Every week I want to try something I've never tried to cook before. I'll post pics tomorrow but I just started a 48-hour Sous Vide Short Rib, a 48-hour attempt at making roast beef (French-Dip Sandwhich quality meat is the goal), and tomorrow I'm gonna make my first brine and try to make some pastrami.

Essentially once I feel like I've nailed something, I want to write down my preffered method of cooking it, then move to something I dont know yet. Right now...I'm still working on cow parts, pig parts, chicken parts....you know, the basics.

I fully intend to get into cooking more exotic meats though once I've basically wrapped up the basics.
    I feel you. I was in the grilling thread forever getting info on cooking steaks lol. Started at the very basics, but now I feel confident in my method there. Need to move onto chicken for something healthier.

Another random question, do you make bbq sauces?
    Math Thread Crew

Oregon Ducks Crew

RIP ThePrimeSalmon

MISCERZ is a name known to all. (+5000) MISCERZ is a name known to all. (+5000) MISCERZ is a name known to all. (+5000) MISCERZ is a name known to all. (+5000) MISCERZ is a name known to all. (+5000) MISCERZ is a name known to all. (+5000) MISCERZ is a name known to all. (+5000) MISCERZ is a name known to all. (+5000) MISCERZ is a name known to all. (+5000) MISCERZ is a name known to all. (+5000) MISCERZ is a name known to all. (+5000)

Talking

awwwww yeah. waiting for the short ribs

I made my first one a couple pages back to go with the Ribs that I Sous Vide when I tested 24 v 48 hour cook time.

Sh!t was awesome to be honest. Not sure I would say its like the best I ever had, but its defnitely better than any store-bought. I don't really like posting recipes until I'm like "yep this is the one" so I didn't share what I did.

BBQ community are such fcking snobs it kinda blows my mind. It has to be one of the most criticized/elitist segments of the cooking community....which is strange when you think about it because its not like a bunch of rich douchebags thumbing their noses at people. I seriously wish I could bring a Sous Vide setup to a rib-cookoff, hide the whole thing behind a curtain, enter it next to the ribs that were smoked 48 hours, and I bet you I could have a shot at winning.
    Last edited by Dave P; 08-06-2015 at 12:30 AM.

I made my first one a couple pages back to go with the Ribs that I Sous Vide when I tested 24 v 48 hour cook time.

Sh!t was awesome to be honest. Not sure I would say its like the best I ever had, but its defnitely better than any store-bought. I don't really like posting recipes until I'm like "yep this is the one" so I didn't share what I did.

BBQ community are such fcking snobs it kinda blows my mind. It has to be one of the most criticized/elitist segments of the cooking community. I seriously wish I could bring a Sous Vide setup to a rib-cookoff, hide the whole thing behind a curtain, enter it next to the ribs that were smoked 48 hours, and I bet you I could have a shot at winning.[
    Haha, that'd be awesome to see. I need to learn bbq sauces, I love bbq but frankly I've never had a great bbq sauce from a store. The best I'd ever had was a spicy bbq sauce from a local bbq spot that was placed in the worst spot ever and went out of business solely for that reason (imo). I love BBQ and will try any bbq I can find, this spot is like 3 minutes from my house in a shopping center that I drive through atleast 3-5x a month and I had no idea it existed for the first ~2 years it was open.

have a good recipe for a bbq sauce would be great for transcending chicken from home.
    Math Thread Crew

Oregon Ducks Crew

RIP ThePrimeSalmon

MISCERZ is a name known to all. (+5000) MISCERZ is a name known to all. (+5000) MISCERZ is a name known to all. (+5000) MISCERZ is a name known to all. (+5000) MISCERZ is a name known to all. (+5000) MISCERZ is a name known to all. (+5000) MISCERZ is a name known to all. (+5000) MISCERZ is a name known to all. (+5000) MISCERZ is a name known to all. (+5000) MISCERZ is a name known to all. (+5000) MISCERZ is a name known to all. (+5000)
    wheres the peach salad and vinaigrette recipe? just looked through 9 pages. didnt see chit. say the peach salsa but not salsa/vin

Originally Posted by MISCERZ View Post
    wheres the peach salad and vinaigrette recipe? just looked through 9 pages. didnt see chit. say the peach salsa but not salsa/vin

Oh it was in a link but if you wanted it here it is.

1 tablespoon finely diced shallot
    1 tablespoon finely chopped Italian parsley
    1/4 cup sherry vinegar
    3/4 cup olive oil
    2 tablespoons Peach Puree

Combine everything except the oil, get it all mixed up, then slowly pour in the olive oil as you whisk it.

Its really simple and takes like 3 minutes to make...the only pain in the ass part is the peach puree. You only need 2 tablespoons of it so you end up with a jar of peach puree. Which is cool because you don't need to make it every time you want the dressing.....its also really fckin good in other stuff. Been making these Makers Mark + Peach Puree + Soda Water cocktails that are epic.

Peach Puree is

2 pounds ripe peaches (4 peaches basically)
    2 cups granulated sugar (I use Splenda instead, I try to cut calories where I can)
    1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
    1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
    1/4 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg

Peel the peaches, remove pits, toss in a blender, puree. You want to then put it through a fine mesh strainer. Take the sh!t you have after straining, put it on the stove in a small pot, add the spices. Ideally you want to simmer it at like 215-220 degrees (thermometer helps)...not the end of the world though if you dont. You want to skim the foam off and toss it as it simmers during the process.

Take whats left, put it in a jar and you're set.

Salad was like 2 Heads Endive, 2 Heads Frisee, like 2 ounces of Arugula, alittle bit of crushed roasted almonds (didn't measure just put enough to have a nice crunch). Take half the dressing, put it in a bag with the greens, shake it so its all coated. Plate it, drop the almonds on top, then take some thin slices of peach, put it on top, then with the other half of the dressing drizzle it on top.

That was enough for the 6 salads.
    Last edited by Dave P; 08-06-2015 at 12:53 AM.

Thanks Brah. Much appreciated

The cool thing is the base of the dressing is simple, I think as the year goes on and other fruits come into season I'm going to try the same overall recipe, but swap peaches out for random other stuff. Think Pears, Plums, Apples, Nectarines etc. Wonder what Pineapple Vinaigrette would taste like...

...anyway thats enough food porn for one night, im off to bed. Will post up progress pics tomorrow.

gforce63 is on a distinguished road. (+10) gforce63 is on a distinguished road. (+10) gforce63 is on a distinguished road. (+10) gforce63 is on a distinguished road. (+10) gforce63 is on a distinguished road. (+10) gforce63 is on a distinguished road. (+10) gforce63 is on a distinguished road. (+10) gforce63 is on a distinguished road. (+10) gforce63 is on a distinguished road. (+10) gforce63 is on a distinguished road. (+10) gforce63 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    OP everything looks great, will surely try some of these recipes
    Quick question how long have you been cooking?
    I personally started a year ago and feel that I know a lot more now, but still not at the level I want to be

DatPass has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DatPass has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DatPass has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DatPass has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DatPass has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DatPass has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DatPass has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DatPass has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DatPass has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DatPass has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DatPass has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    BBQ purists are such *******s sometimes about cook methods they would never be willing to even attempt to wrap their brains around Sous Vide ribs

Can confirm, 50% of the people I know who regularly use a BBQ are total *******s when it comes to anything but their method. It's worse than discussing politics.
    **#3 always delivers crew**
    **regularly rep accidentally instead of negging back crew**

"Train in difficult, trackless, wooded terrain. War makes heavy demands on a soldiers strength and nerves. For this reason make heavy demands on your men in peacetime." - Erwin Rommel: Infantry attacks

Originally Posted by DatPass View Post
    Can confirm, 50% of the people I know who regularly use a BBQ are total *******s when it comes to anything but their method. It's worse than discussing politics.

Yup, might as well rename to Religion/Politics section to Religion/Politics/BBQ.

Maybe brine your pork and chicken next time.

Best fried chicken I / my coworkers ever had was a batch that I brined... literally tasted like a juicy herbal heaven in my mouth.

(all Thomas Keller recipes)
    Pork Brine
    http://leitesculinaria.com/34752/rec...ork-brine.html

Chicken Brine
    http://blog.junbelen.com/2010/01/21/...omment-page-1/

Just don't keep them in the brine too long though. If you're going sous vide, I would definitely not cook the meat in the brine.

Brining my first time now to attempt pastrami. Will try after.

Fckers will never guess whar I'm cookin right now