Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9
    gatovolador is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gatovolador is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gatovolador is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gatovolador is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gatovolador is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gatovolador is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gatovolador is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gatovolador is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gatovolador is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gatovolador is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gatovolador is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by permako View Post
    seriously most of the women are this hot who do crossfit no joke, so why the hell not do crossfit at least for your cardio days?
    Because if I did crossfit, my cardio would suck.

If I train the way I normally do, I can win tris, running races and bike races (ie running + biking + swimming + xc skiing a ****load).

t12jm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) t12jm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) t12jm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) t12jm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) t12jm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) t12jm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) t12jm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) t12jm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) t12jm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) t12jm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) t12jm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by TrueSkills View Post
    Why are you guys so butt hurt over cross fitters? SOME of you guys leave me dumb founded...you are talking **** on other guys that are building their body, getting stronger, and overall LIFTING WEIGHTS. Its like being a ball player and making fun of someone that plays a different position than you. Your overall purpose is the same, just do you and quit bit*hing about everyone else. I give mad props to these guys...one could say a triathlete or marathon runner is in better shape but as far as having the balance between muscle endurance and raw power, these guys take the cake and are therefore the most fit people in the world.
    The "hate" stems from the crossfit fad pitching itself as something revolutionary.

Yeah, its a good workout....so is running....so is lifting....so is biking.....so is jumping on and off your couch for 3 hours.

Sorry if repost but I saw this somewhere "Crossfit was better when it was called circuit training and didn't come with a superiority complex"
    America's Team Always - Dallas Cowboys

"Who is wise? He who learns from every man."

Iterated is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Iterated is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Iterated is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Iterated is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Iterated is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Iterated is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Iterated is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Iterated is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Iterated is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Iterated is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Iterated is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I bet he's the guy all those cross fit broads have been banging.

Steellifter is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Steellifter is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Steellifter is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Steellifter is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Steellifter is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Steellifter is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Steellifter is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Steellifter is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Steellifter is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Steellifter is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Steellifter is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    Originally Posted by ocpunkelite86 View Post
    Take it from someone who has done extreme sports all his life...

Crossfit doesn't prepare you any better for them then any other workout program

Flexibility? Balance? Gymnastic ability? Are you comparing these crossfit guys to normal people? Or are you trolling?
    This corssfit is a sport in it self if you train crossfit you train for crossfit. Crossfit is a ****ty injury prone workout for a Football player or a UFC fighter. They have their own workouts which benefit them and what they do.
    This is what pisses me off about a lot of crossfiters if you train cross fit you train it FOR CROSSFIT. Almost every sport has a different style of training that is best for that sport.

Originally Posted by bstayl1 View Post
    Ok, I do Crossfit at Cookeville Crossfit, where Rich Froning is an instructor. Let me try to give an understanding of who Rich is.

He used to lift weights, but began doing Crossfit probably two years ago. He is now an assistant strength coach at Tennessee Tech University. The pictures displayed here are from 2010's games. He is a little bit bigger now, especially in the shoulders. He will do 5 or 6 circuit workouts a day. He will include bench press, shoulder press, squats, deadlifts, snatch, power clean, and hang clean, to name a few, in his workouts. But, they will be part of a circuit. Ex: Five rounds for time of: 205 Bench - 5 reps, 205 power clean - 5 reps. It took him 2:36 to do this (I think). He might do 20 minutes, do as many rounds as possible of: 1 DL - 405 lbs, 4 muscle ups on rings; 5 handstand pushups, and 3 power cleans. He incorporates some lifting, but it is most always going to be in a circuit and for time or reps in a time limit. He also builds strength with weighted pull ups, pushups, and sled pushes.

I think he is as strong now as he was when he just lifted, but he does a lot of strength work and works his butt off. What he doesn't do: curls, machine-assisted lifting, your typical 4 sets/10 reps lifts w/2-3 min rest between sets.

If you do Crossfit classes and go five times/week and do some strength work and their daily WOD, you are not going to look like Rich Froning. He does some typical Crossfit stuff, but he also does strength stuff, just with a Crossfit approach.

The strength coach at Tennessee Tech is a Crossfitter; the workouts the athletic teams do are Crossfit workouts with heavier weights (they also do some pure lifting). There is not one football player (Division I athletes) that can hang with Rich. Sure, there are guys that are going to crush him in 1 rep maxes, but go to circuit/Crossfit workouts and it's not even close.

NFL running back, Knowshon Moreno, has a 3:39 time on Crossfit workout "Fran" (http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci...sportadore.com), which is 21-15-9 of 95lb thrusters and pullups. Rich Froning's time - 2:17.

I'm not trying to convert anyone to Crossfit, I'm not saying Rich is the fittest in the world. I just want to give everyone some insight into Rich and who he is. I lift and I do Crossfit...if I could only do one, I would lift. I love Crossfit and think it has merit, but like many have said, it just depends on what your goals are. Crossfit is not for everyone.

On a side note, Rich is a great guy and very humble. Anyone who gets to know him is not going to have anything negative to say.
    Put them on a football field and he'll DESTROY Rich. AND he jumps higher then Rich, AND he runs a fast 40, AND he lifts more weight/is stronger then Rich...
    YOu dumbfuk.

Rich is better at a crossfit workout because he trains Criossfit 24/7 he's not a better athlete by any stretch of the imagination.

If crossfit wanted to crown the most fit man in the world it'd have to be a completely different style comp.

IE:
    Max deadlift
    MAx Squat
    Max Power Clean
    Max Bench (Although bench is questionable)
    Max Reps on REAL no kipping bullsh!t pull ups
    Fastest 3-5 mile run
    Fastest 40, 60, or 100 yard time

The person who would win this would be the REAL fittest person in the world. The person who would win this would be the strongest a human could be
    while still being in cardiovascular shape. IE: The person who'd likely win something like this would be a top 10 Heavyweight MMA fighter, or a NFL defensive End or Linebacker.
    IE: Brock Lesner, Allstar Overreem, Clay Mathews, etc.

Until crossfit changes the comp to this it won't be the fittest man in the world it'll be some manlet *******, who trains for max reps of 305 deadlifts.

/Thread.
    Fight and you may die. Run and you will live at least awhile. And dying in your bed many years from now, would you be willing to trade all the days from this day to that for
    one chance, just one chance, to come back here as young men and tell our enemies that they may take our lives but they will never take our freedom!

chicago is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) chicago is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) chicago is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) chicago is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) chicago is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) chicago is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) chicago is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) chicago is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) chicago is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) chicago is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) chicago is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by BongoBanger View Post
    im pretty sure i can clean overhead 95 pounds as well.
    well post some vids of you performing a couple of the benchmark workouts. do deadlift burpee 5 rounds of 5 deads with 275 and 10 burpees. break 5 minutes. you obviously can because you're just so awesome.

TexasBrah is a name known to all. (+5000) TexasBrah is a name known to all. (+5000) TexasBrah is a name known to all. (+5000) TexasBrah is a name known to all. (+5000) TexasBrah is a name known to all. (+5000) TexasBrah is a name known to all. (+5000) TexasBrah is a name known to all. (+5000) TexasBrah is a name known to all. (+5000) TexasBrah is a name known to all. (+5000) TexasBrah is a name known to all. (+5000) TexasBrah is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Until he can drink a quart of milk while doing a one-armed snatch I am going to remain unimpressed.

Functional strength.
    60% of the time I rep back everytime

Registered User BIG_FAT_SLAPPER's Avatar
    BIG_FAT_SLAPPER will become famous soon enough. (+50) BIG_FAT_SLAPPER will become famous soon enough. (+50) BIG_FAT_SLAPPER will become famous soon enough. (+50) BIG_FAT_SLAPPER will become famous soon enough. (+50) BIG_FAT_SLAPPER will become famous soon enough. (+50) BIG_FAT_SLAPPER will become famous soon enough. (+50) BIG_FAT_SLAPPER will become famous soon enough. (+50) BIG_FAT_SLAPPER will become famous soon enough. (+50) BIG_FAT_SLAPPER will become famous soon enough. (+50) BIG_FAT_SLAPPER will become famous soon enough. (+50) BIG_FAT_SLAPPER will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Lets face it the test put up a few posts above would be won by a decathlete ...they actually are the best all round athletes. Brian Clay did a load of tests before and basically beat all other sport stars at every fit test.
    288 crew

Tompaterson91 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Tompaterson91 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Tompaterson91 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Tompaterson91 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Tompaterson91 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Tompaterson91 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Tompaterson91 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Tompaterson91 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Tompaterson91 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Tompaterson91 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Tompaterson91 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by scarboro View Post
    If those are olympic plates he's deadlifting 308? I know because it's crossfit though it has to be some stupidly high rep number of reps.
    Why is it stupid to perform high reps? I'm looking for an educated answer here.

Tompaterson91 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Tompaterson91 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Tompaterson91 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Tompaterson91 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Tompaterson91 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Tompaterson91 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Tompaterson91 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Tompaterson91 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Tompaterson91 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Tompaterson91 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Tompaterson91 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by MiscMessiah View Post
    doubt the fittest man in the world does crossfit
    Give some reasoning behind your statement...

Originally Posted by Ancient Olympia View Post
    ITT bodybuilders are insecure, and are aware that they are not in as good of shape as elite crossfitters.

BRB Doing 5x8 on bench with 3 minute rest between sets. Breathing hard for 20 seconds, then resting muscles, then repeating.

Accept it *******s. Their functional strength, cardio, muscular endurance, and overall aesthetics is better than a bodybuilders.

Why are you *******s so mad?

The UFC has proven that being a bodybuilder is useless in the real world.

A bodybuilder is just a work of art so to speak. That is all.

Stop spewing insecurities at other types of athletes.

Sure there are many, many *******s who claim crossfit, and claim to know it all, and yes they are *******s.

But don't hate on dudes for having different goals than you.
    Best post I've seen on here yet.

Originally Posted by alial30 View Post
    Exactly why many people are turned off to those that are associated with Crossfit. There's nothing wrong with doing crossfit but claiming to be the fittest person in the world? C'mon.
    At least somebody is holding the fittest in the world competition. Who do you think is the fittest if not CrossFitters?

Love Pirate is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Love Pirate is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Love Pirate is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Love Pirate is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Love Pirate is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Love Pirate is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Love Pirate is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Love Pirate is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Love Pirate is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Love Pirate is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Love Pirate is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Steellifter View Post
    This corssfit is a sport in it self if you train crossfit you train for crossfit. Crossfit is a ****ty injury prone workout for a Football player or a UFC fighter. They have their own workouts which benefit them and what they do.
    This is what pisses me off about a lot of crossfiters if you train cross fit you train it FOR CROSSFIT. Almost every sport has a different style of training that is best for that sport.

Put them on a football field and he'll DESTROY Rich. AND he jumps higher then Rich, AND he runs a fast 40, AND he lifts more weight/is stronger then Rich...
    YOu dumbfuk.

Rich is better at a crossfit workout because he trains Criossfit 24/7 he's not a better athlete by any stretch of the imagination.

If crossfit wanted to crown the most fit man in the world it'd have to be a completely different style comp.

IE:
    Max deadlift
    MAx Squat
    Max Power Clean
    Fastest 3-5 mile run

The person who would win this would be the REAL fittest person in the world. The person who would win this would be the strongest a human could be
    while still being in cardiovascular shape. IE: The person who'd likely win something like this would be a top 10 Heavyweight MMA fighter, or a NFL defensive End or Linebacker.

Until crossfit changes the comp to this it won't be the fittest man in the world it'll be some manlet *******, who trains for max reps of 305 deadlifts.

/Thread.
    This doesn't make any sense. The whole point of the crossfit games was doing these exercises back to back to back... max power cleans supersetted with rope climbs supersetted with pullups etc. Doing one rep max of bench press deadlift and squat does not compare. It isn't as taxing and it doesn't require nearly as much cardio. You can't just say the way the crossfit games did it was wrong because it isn't exactly the way you think it should be

Originally Posted by Ebola_Virus View Post
    To be honest most bodybuilders have terrible cardio conditioning when compared to other athletes. Sure, most bodybuilders will lift more than that guy (although not many on the misc, including myself). However, strength is just one aspect to the many faceted field of overall athletic conditioning. I understand and share your frustration with the annoying crossfit guys at the gym, but the guy pictured has a physique 99% of the misc will never achieve along with strong cardiovascular conditioning. I think he looks great.

edit: he does not deserve the 'fittest person on the planet'. That award probably is deserved most by some guy in a special forces unit that the public doesn't know exists.
    It's funny you say that, because the guy that came in close second is a SEAL, and I'm sure there are plenty of guys like him out there who if awarded the time to train specifically for CrossFit, they could win the games too.

Tyler_Durdin is just really nice. (+1000) Tyler_Durdin is just really nice. (+1000) Tyler_Durdin is just really nice. (+1000) Tyler_Durdin is just really nice. (+1000) Tyler_Durdin is just really nice. (+1000) Tyler_Durdin is just really nice. (+1000) Tyler_Durdin is just really nice. (+1000) Tyler_Durdin is just really nice. (+1000) Tyler_Durdin is just really nice. (+1000) Tyler_Durdin is just really nice. (+1000) Tyler_Durdin is just really nice. (+1000)
    lol at people hating on superior white genetics

Ghosting has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghosting has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghosting has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghosting has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghosting has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghosting has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghosting has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghosting has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghosting has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghosting has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghosting has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Thumbs down

Originally Posted by UltimateSwag View Post
    whole lotta hate in here

i love it when people make fun of my weight/height w/e....cuz 9 times out of ten the ******* that makes fun of my stats can't run a mile in under 8 minutes, so lol.

there's a reason why the fittest people in the world don't follow a bb'ing routine
    Shut it *******! I swear to god, every little small dude makes a claim about how fast they can run. This is BODYBUILDING.com not runners world. You get NO points for how fast you can run. That is NOT what this sport is about. Stop trying to justify being smaller.

733guy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) 733guy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) 733guy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) 733guy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) 733guy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) 733guy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) 733guy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) 733guy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) 733guy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) 733guy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) 733guy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Hey losers, the guy just banked half a million. Haters gonna hate....

tomac013 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tomac013 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tomac013 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tomac013 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tomac013 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tomac013 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tomac013 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tomac013 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tomac013 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tomac013 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tomac013 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by 733guy View Post
    Hey losers, the guy just banked half a million. Haters gonna hate....
    Strong bump.

Edit - not that strong. But still. Nom sayin.

hulk247365 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    It's pretty simple to understand everyone watches the cross fit games on espn, then they think hey I can do that. So join a cf gym pay there crazy monthly fee and that's where they now think they are better then everyone else. those are the cf that we all hate its not the limited number that actually qualify for the real games. Also to the so called bodybuilders they believe they are gods gift to earth when they are not the strongest in the gym. Haters will hate but at the end of the day all we can do is feel bad for the cf for paying upper wards of $200 a month to attend a cf gym where the workouts are released to the general public for free on the websites.

Darkwatcher759 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Darkwatcher759 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Darkwatcher759 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Darkwatcher759 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Darkwatcher759 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Darkwatcher759 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Darkwatcher759 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Darkwatcher759 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Darkwatcher759 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Darkwatcher759 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Darkwatcher759 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    he definitely has forged some elite fitness, but calling anyone the "fittest man on earth" is stupid. Too many types of fitness, and crossfit is just one small piece of that puzzle with its muscular endurance bull****

before crossfit they always dubbed some ultramarathoner the fittest
    Last edited by Darkwatcher759; 07-30-2012 at 06:30 PM.

TnukPunch is a name known to all. (+5000) TnukPunch is a name known to all. (+5000) TnukPunch is a name known to all. (+5000) TnukPunch is a name known to all. (+5000) TnukPunch is a name known to all. (+5000) TnukPunch is a name known to all. (+5000) TnukPunch is a name known to all. (+5000) TnukPunch is a name known to all. (+5000) TnukPunch is a name known to all. (+5000) TnukPunch is a name known to all. (+5000) TnukPunch is a name known to all. (+5000)
    AFL players are fittest athletes in world lol.

pojo18 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pojo18 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pojo18 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pojo18 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pojo18 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pojo18 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pojo18 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pojo18 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pojo18 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pojo18 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pojo18 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Steellifter View Post

YOu dumbfuk.

IE:
    Max deadlift
    MAx Squat
    Max Power Clean
    Fastest 3-5 mile run

/Thread.

replace bench with strict overhead press and you got it.
    Reps to all BJJ/grappling/MMA bros.

cameronbrown has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) cameronbrown has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) cameronbrown has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) cameronbrown has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) cameronbrown has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) cameronbrown has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) cameronbrown has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) cameronbrown has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) cameronbrown has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) cameronbrown has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) cameronbrown has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Saw this dude Snatch 300lbs, and C&J 375 last week. In my honest opinion, I think he would be a serious competitor on any spectrum of fitness.

fishnbrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fishnbrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fishnbrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fishnbrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fishnbrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fishnbrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fishnbrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fishnbrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fishnbrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fishnbrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fishnbrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    being fit is an opinion. he cant run as far as fast as a marathoner, does that make the marathoner more "fit"? he has a good body but i would argue that rob riches physique looks "fitter."

apolloman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) apolloman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) apolloman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) apolloman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) apolloman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) apolloman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) apolloman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) apolloman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) apolloman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) apolloman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) apolloman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by cameronbrown View Post
    Saw this dude Snatch 300lbs, and C&J 375 last week. In my honest opinion, I think he would be a serious competitor on any spectrum of fitness.
    This,

Rich Froning is a legit Super Athlete.
    To the ego, the present moment hardly exists. Only past and future are considered important. This total reversal of the truth accounts for the fact that in the ego mode the mind is so dysfunctional. It is always concerned with keeping the past alive, because without it - who are you?