Closed Thread
Page 83 of 287 FirstFirst ... 33 73 81 82 83 84 85 93 133 183 ... LastLast
Results 2,461 to 2,490 of 8601
    RockyIV has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RockyIV has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RockyIV has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RockyIV has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RockyIV has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RockyIV has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RockyIV has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RockyIV has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RockyIV has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RockyIV has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RockyIV has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by SpyderTT View Post
    ****ty ride last night... one of the veteran team members crashed hard slowing down into an intersection last night. Ambu came and back boarded him and took him to the hospital. Lots of stitches in his face... rough **** to see, but it reminded me to keep a pair of Gloves (body substance isolation) in my bike bag in case you come onto a bloody scene and need to get in and assist.

It happened a few minutes in front of me, and some women (who said that she used to be and EMT but was now a phlebo) was holding c-spine without gloves on (hands were all bloody)... in my training that I have received, I would NEVER touch someone who was bleeding without gloves.
    I know a guy that had someone go down in front of him and the ambulance came and didn't take his bike so be prepared to stay with the bike until someone can come and pick it up in a vehicle.
    Coffee Crew: Bold Black Crew

Raw Dog for Lyfe Crew

OG Join Date Crew

Official Ờờ Crew

RockyIV has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RockyIV has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RockyIV has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RockyIV has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RockyIV has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RockyIV has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RockyIV has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RockyIV has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RockyIV has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RockyIV has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RockyIV has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    plus, a pair of gloves only weighs a few grams, and pack up very small. You can use arm warmers or whatever else for slinging or stopping bleeding if necessary.

Hope your guys are alright after that... shoulder damage is no fun... skin grows back though.
    They are good if you have to change your back tire as well to avoid getting any chain grease on your hands that get on your bar tape if you roll with the euro white bar tape

Raw Dog for Lyfe Crew

OG Join Date Crew

Official Ờờ Crew

SpyderTT is a name known to all. (+5000) SpyderTT is a name known to all. (+5000) SpyderTT is a name known to all. (+5000) SpyderTT is a name known to all. (+5000) SpyderTT is a name known to all. (+5000) SpyderTT is a name known to all. (+5000) SpyderTT is a name known to all. (+5000) SpyderTT is a name known to all. (+5000) SpyderTT is a name known to all. (+5000) SpyderTT is a name known to all. (+5000) SpyderTT is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by RockyIV View Post
    I know a guy that had someone go down in front of him and the ambulance came and didn't take his bike so be prepared to stay with the bike until someone can come and pick it up in a vehicle.
    Sheriff grabbed the bike, I called his roommate (no family around) and I was the only one who knew who he was...

They are good if you have to change your back tire as well to avoid getting any chain grease on your hands that get on your bar tape if you roll with the euro white bar tape
    lol
    IM Tri Crew - Misc Photog Crew - ♞ Misc Dominant Crew ♞ - Bicycle Brah Crew - Misc Running Crew - Alpine Ski Crew

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - http://www.velominati.com/the-rules/ - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

SpyderTT is a name known to all. (+5000) SpyderTT is a name known to all. (+5000) SpyderTT is a name known to all. (+5000) SpyderTT is a name known to all. (+5000) SpyderTT is a name known to all. (+5000) SpyderTT is a name known to all. (+5000) SpyderTT is a name known to all. (+5000) SpyderTT is a name known to all. (+5000) SpyderTT is a name known to all. (+5000) SpyderTT is a name known to all. (+5000) SpyderTT is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I just heard from dude, Broken nose, lot of stitches in the face, and a bunch of road rash...

This sport can be rough.
    IM Tri Crew - Misc Photog Crew - ♞ Misc Dominant Crew ♞ - Bicycle Brah Crew - Misc Running Crew - Alpine Ski Crew

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - http://www.velominati.com/the-rules/ - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

camaleom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) camaleom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) camaleom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) camaleom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) camaleom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) camaleom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) camaleom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) camaleom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) camaleom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) camaleom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) camaleom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    This sport can be rough.
    "Paper money is going away" - EM

f'n a man... ****s brutal...

need I post this one??

euronewbie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) euronewbie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) euronewbie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) euronewbie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) euronewbie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) euronewbie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) euronewbie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) euronewbie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) euronewbie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) euronewbie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) euronewbie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    plus, a pair of gloves only weighs a few grams, and pack up very small. You can use arm warmers or whatever else for slinging or stopping bleeding if necessary.

Hope your guys are alright after that... shoulder damage is no fun... skin grows back though.
    Just packed two pairs of gloves in the underseat bag. Ride by myself tonight, but will be readily prepared for Thursday nights group ride. Got to try and get in some decent miles tonight before the evening thunderstorms roll in.

I know about shoulders, seperated and dislocated mine many times back in my downhill days, they are a b***h to come back from.
    ***kneedraggers crew***

Will rep back 98% of the time

mezner09 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mezner09 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mezner09 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mezner09 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mezner09 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mezner09 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mezner09 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mezner09 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mezner09 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mezner09 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mezner09 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    In on this thread. My brother gave me his road bike (a Dawes) last year and I rode it almost every day I could. The weather was finally nice today so I road for the first time this year. Logged a little over 13 miles in 50 minutes flat. I live in an area where there is hundreds of miles of bike paths. Anyways I got some questions for your brahs who've been riding longer than me.

1- If I'm trying to maintain muscle mass, what kind of foods can I eat right after a long ride? Should I just make sure to eat above maintenance every day I plan on riding?

2- How bad are those cement paths to ride on? You know those ones that are like a yard by yard with cracks between each block. I ask this because there is about a half mile that I usually have to ride on them. It becomes a really rough ride if I'm going 15mph or more. Will this fukk up my rims?
    xTUNAx
    Ironman finisher
    Resident MISC cardio expert

Originally Posted by mezner09 View Post
    1- If I'm trying to maintain muscle mass, what kind of foods can I eat right after a long ride? Should I just make sure to eat above maintenance every day I plan on riding?

2- How bad are those cement paths to ride on? You know those ones that are like a yard by yard with cracks between each block. I ask this because there is about a half mile that I usually have to ride on them. It becomes a really rough ride if I'm going 15mph or more. Will this fukk up my rims?
    Not sure on number 1, but for number 2, sidewalk type trails are a big pain in the ass... but they shouldn't damage your rims, unless the cracks are HUGE.

euronewbie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) euronewbie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) euronewbie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) euronewbie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) euronewbie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) euronewbie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) euronewbie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) euronewbie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) euronewbie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) euronewbie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) euronewbie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Damn!! this sudden temperature change is brutal. Was still in the 60's over the weekend. Last night 92 degrees and 94% humidity. 44 miles felt like 100, used up half of one of my water bottles rinsing a bug out of my eye (even with glasses on) I was toast the last 5 miles.

How do you guys handle dogs on rides? I ride way out in the country so not only do I have rednecks in their big trucks trying to run as close as possible to me and then blasting with diesel exhaust, while empty beer cans are flying out of the back, there's random dogs running out in the road barking, chasing, one even ran into the back wheel last night (thankfully no damage and I stayed upright). There is a leash law out here but this area is so backwoods I'm affraid I'd wake up to an angry mob in the front yard if I called animal control about it. I generally judge the dog and distance and either use it as a sprint to get out of there or yell something like "SIT" to try and get them to back down.
    ***kneedraggers crew***

camaleom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) camaleom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) camaleom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) camaleom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) camaleom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) camaleom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) camaleom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) camaleom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) camaleom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) camaleom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) camaleom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    ^^^ Let the dog "aim" you and start the chase and when he gets closer u hit the gas... That usually let them disoriented!

Carloswithac is a name known to all. (+5000) Carloswithac is a name known to all. (+5000) Carloswithac is a name known to all. (+5000) Carloswithac is a name known to all. (+5000) Carloswithac is a name known to all. (+5000) Carloswithac is a name known to all. (+5000) Carloswithac is a name known to all. (+5000) Carloswithac is a name known to all. (+5000) Carloswithac is a name known to all. (+5000) Carloswithac is a name known to all. (+5000) Carloswithac is a name known to all. (+5000)
    For people looking for a cheap camera. Found this on MTBR. Looks to be of good video quality for the price. I bought one and I'll use it along with the GoPro.

Originally Posted by Neo-ST View Post
    I bought this little camera on eBay a while ago and I must say it's awesome :thumbsup:
    It's 808HD #11 (apparently, this number means something, probably the greater number the newer unit with better sensor, etc.) 720p key chain cam.
    - it's cheap
    - it can be mounted anywhere, without mounts at all (using the self-adhesive velcro)
    - if it breaks you won't end up crying

This is just a little test with it so far:

It would be interesting to combine it with GoPro in front...
    **Official Bicycle Crew** Ờờ

Originally Posted by euronewbie View Post
    Damn!! this sudden temperature change is brutal. Was still in the 60's over the weekend. Last night 92 degrees and 94% humidity. 44 miles felt like 100, used up half of one of my water bottles rinsing a bug out of my eye (even with glasses on) I was toast the last 5 miles.

How do you guys handle dogs on rides? I ride way out in the country so not only do I have rednecks in their big trucks trying to run as close as possible to me and then blasting with diesel exhaust, while empty beer cans are flying out of the back, there's random dogs running out in the road barking, chasing, one even ran into the back wheel last night (thankfully no damage and I stayed upright). There is a leash law out here but this area is so backwoods I'm affraid I'd wake up to an angry mob in the front yard if I called animal control about it. I generally judge the dog and distance and either use it as a sprint to get out of there or yell something like "SIT" to try and get them to back down.
    Pepper Spray (srs)

I don't carry it but I know plenty people that do. It won't kill the dog but it will make them hate life for a few hours.

I know a guy that carries golf balls. If the dog gets close he throws one or two with some good force at the dog and it's usually so startled it stops. However, if you get a dog that gets mad it might be the end of you.

My advice, peddle faster like the poster above said. The only time I've had this problem I really sprinted and it couldn't keep up. Remember dogs are just sprint animal and not endurance animals.

Raw Dog for Lyfe Crew

OG Join Date Crew

Official Ờờ Crew

Pepper Spray (srs)

I don't carry it but I know plenty people that do. It won't kill the dog but it will make them hate life for a few hours.

I know a guy that carries golf balls. If the dog gets close he throws one or two with some good force at the dog and it's usually so startled it stops. However, if you get a dog that gets mad it might be the end of you.

My advice, peddle faster like the poster above said. The only time I've had this problem I really sprinted and it couldn't keep up. Remember dogs are just sprint animal and not endurance animals.
    I have heard several people say pepper spray, my wife squirts her water bottle at them, but with the temps rising fluids can't be wasted. I agree sprinting, how about when they run out infront of you, I guess thats my biggest fear, thats going to be an immediate over the bars trip. I know dogs will always be part of the riding experience, usually not to bothered by them just after everything else on last nights ride, something else to bi**h about.
    ***kneedraggers crew***

Carloswithac is a name known to all. (+5000) Carloswithac is a name known to all. (+5000) Carloswithac is a name known to all. (+5000) Carloswithac is a name known to all. (+5000) Carloswithac is a name known to all. (+5000) Carloswithac is a name known to all. (+5000) Carloswithac is a name known to all. (+5000) Carloswithac is a name known to all. (+5000) Carloswithac is a name known to all. (+5000) Carloswithac is a name known to all. (+5000) Carloswithac is a name known to all. (+5000)

Ready for Saturday, brahs.

I have a Lezyne carbon pump, but didn't want to expend energy if I get a flat, so I got this co2 doohickey. I'm eating a lot of bananas tomorrow so I don't cramp up halfway through the ride.

Originally Posted by Carloswithac View Post

I have a Lezyne carbon pump, but didn't want to expend energy if I get a flat, so I got this co2 doohickey. I'm eating a lot of bananas tomorrow so I don't cramp up halfway through the ride.
    The CO2 pumps are the way to go. They are pretty light and MUCH faster than hand pumping. The model I have is easy to cross thread and a bich to get off if you do so be careful with that.

Good luck bro.

Raw Dog for Lyfe Crew

OG Join Date Crew

Official Ờờ Crew

x2!

2 of those CO2/1 Tube/Patch Kit is all u will ever need!

in b4 JohnP: Support cart will change my wheel! LOL

ciclista is a name known to all. (+5000) ciclista is a name known to all. (+5000) ciclista is a name known to all. (+5000) ciclista is a name known to all. (+5000) ciclista is a name known to all. (+5000) ciclista is a name known to all. (+5000) ciclista is a name known to all. (+5000) ciclista is a name known to all. (+5000) ciclista is a name known to all. (+5000) ciclista is a name known to all. (+5000) ciclista is a name known to all. (+5000)
    some damn good racing... worth the watch:

positive crew

The Alpine Challenge kicked my ass. It is definitely the most brutal organized event I've done. Took me four and half hours to finish it.
    At mile 17 there was an unending hill and I had to stop about 100 yards before the crest due to being so beat. Kind of regret that, but other than that it was definitely fun. I might go for the longer route next year.

Ironically I didn't get off on the HC rated climb.

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/175053555

Here are some pictures.

The route.

Debbie downer cue sheet.

First SAG stop

I had to take a break at this point. Sweat in my eyes was horrible.

My bike with a cool carbon fiber tandem beside it. Second SAG stop.

Some cows mid-ride.

Elevation profile from my Garmin

All I got for my pain!
    At least two teens get scholarships and the Rady's Children's hospital get some funding. I'll probably sign up for next years.
    Last edited by Carloswithac; 05-05-2012 at 02:23 PM.

KillaBeez is just really nice. (+1000) KillaBeez is just really nice. (+1000) KillaBeez is just really nice. (+1000) KillaBeez is just really nice. (+1000) KillaBeez is just really nice. (+1000) KillaBeez is just really nice. (+1000) KillaBeez is just really nice. (+1000) KillaBeez is just really nice. (+1000) KillaBeez is just really nice. (+1000) KillaBeez is just really nice. (+1000) KillaBeez is just really nice. (+1000)
    Nice. I like the older vintage bikes. Alot of life left in most of them. I would probably upgrade the brake levers and cut some weight and make sure the saddle worked properly for me. The old school steel with the normal size tubes looks cleaner to me than the aero type tubes of today.
    yeah bro, thats my dad old bike. brakes system do need to be upgraded and I gotta find a more comfortable seat
    ☆ ☆ Québec Crew ☆ ☆
    ***Knee Draggers Unite***

German Volume Training

The Alpine Challenge kicked my ass. It is definitely the most brutal organized event I've done. Took me four and half hours to finish it.
    At mile 17 there was an unending hill and I had to stop about 100 yards before the crest due to being so beat. Kind of regret that, but other than that it was definitely fun. I might go for the longer route next year.

Ironically I didn't get off on the HC rated climb.

Here are some pictures.

At least two teens get scholarships and the Rady's Children's hospital get some funding. I'll probably sign up for next years.
    20 miles climbing!!!

NICE!!!!

First ride with the training team for our Fall Century Ride here. Only 38 miles and a few good hills for this area. Feltgoodmayne.exe

Raw Dog for Lyfe Crew

OG Join Date Crew

Official Ờờ Crew

Half marathon yesterday... legsinpain.com

I would try to jump on the bike today for an easy spin!

I hang my head low coming in here today, Half Iron on Saturday (just the bike leg) way off what I was shooting for. Had a flat less than 2 miles in, 90+ degrees and a strong headwind the last 15 miles, out in the middle of nowhere no GPS signal for computer to pick up, thats about all the excuses I can come up with 3:03 for the loss, goal was 2:30.
    ***kneedraggers crew***

Originally Posted by euronewbie View Post
    I hang my head low coming in here today, Half Iron on Saturday (just the bike leg) way off what I was shooting for. Had a flat less than 2 miles in, 90+ degrees and a strong headwind the last 15 miles, out in the middle of nowhere no GPS signal for computer to pick up, thats about all the excuses I can come up with 3:03 for the loss, goal was 2:30.
    Do the GPS bike computers also have the magnet on the wheel for readings? My buddy has a garmin bike computer with the sensor for his cadence and speed. He broke the speed one and is going off of only GPS now but it's not as accurate.

That sucks about he flat. Iknowthatfeelbro/10

Raw Dog for Lyfe Crew

OG Join Date Crew

Official Ờờ Crew

lushlife416 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lushlife416 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lushlife416 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lushlife416 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lushlife416 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lushlife416 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lushlife416 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lushlife416 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lushlife416 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lushlife416 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lushlife416 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    check this one from yesterday, the guy who ran Cavendish over has some epic bike handling skills

we all gonna make it crew

king of the nutmisc johnpagnolo's Avatar
    johnpagnolo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) johnpagnolo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) johnpagnolo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) johnpagnolo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) johnpagnolo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) johnpagnolo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) johnpagnolo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) johnpagnolo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) johnpagnolo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) johnpagnolo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) johnpagnolo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by camaleom View Post
    I had a few friends in that race. An ex-teammate actually barely missed the crash and won it.

[img]http://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/564200_10100358558817297_24604535_46254260_7869640 85_n.jpg[/ig]

I don't like the Gu's and shot blocks..just a weird thing to eat for me. I tend to just eat random foods from cafe's and stores en route.

Originally Posted by lushlife416 View Post
    check this one from yesterday, the guy who ran Cavendish over has some epic bike handling skills

that was a few hours ago today!

Ferarri is a moron. I believe he may be kicked from the Giro.

Phinney was able to finish and DOESNT have a broken ankle, which is good. Not like he will keep the jersey much longer anyways!

EDIT...from cav

Mark Cavendish ******** @MarkCavendish

"Apparently Roberto Ferrari has said to journalists, when asked about the incident, that he can't see what happens behind him & doesn't care."

king of the nutmisc johnpagnolo's Avatar
    johnpagnolo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) johnpagnolo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) johnpagnolo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) johnpagnolo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) johnpagnolo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) johnpagnolo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) johnpagnolo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) johnpagnolo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) johnpagnolo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) johnpagnolo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) johnpagnolo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    An older gentleman died last week on my group ride in the B ride.

I wasn't on that particular ride, I do A's, but he crossed wheels and went down hitting his head. Was in a coma for a week. Unfortunatly he passed a few days ago.

be careful fella's and remember not to get in over your head if you aren't used to riding in groups.

Do the GPS bike computers also have the magnet on the wheel for readings? My buddy has a garmin bike computer with the sensor for his cadence and speed. He broke the speed one and is going off of only GPS now but it's not as accurate.

That sucks about he flat. Iknowthatfeelbro/10
    I don't have the wheel sensor, last minute switched my regular bike computer to my wifes bike (hers had stopped working) I was planning on using Timex run trainer watch with GPS and heart rate (of course the battery was dead race morning) back up plan was I-Phone mounted on bars, running Cyclemeter 7.0 app but thats what had no signal, in the past it has been pretty accurate, plus its always fun to map and graph the data afterwards, see elevation and such. The general concenssus after the race was nobodys GPS was picking up, so both bikers and runners relying on it basicly got left out with no data to run and ride by. I was using stop watch and mile markers every 10 miles to gauge my pace.

The flat sucked I saw it coming, a crack in the road, popped front wheel over and bang the back hit like a ton of bricks (doesn't help that I'm not the lightest rider) I think after changing the tube I panicked a bit and pushed to much to soon, hit the 10 mile mark in 27 mins (including the tube change) 20 miles in 53 mins, after that things started going down hill by mile 45 I was basically done.
    ***kneedraggers crew***

Originally Posted by johnpagnolo View Post
    Mark Cavendish ******** @MarkCavendish

"Apparently Roberto Ferrari has said to journalists, when asked about the incident, that he can't see what happens behind him & doesn't care."
    hope they kick him out the giro...

Closed Thread