Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast
    ruthless4me has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ruthless4me has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ruthless4me has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ruthless4me has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ruthless4me has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ruthless4me has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ruthless4me has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ruthless4me has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ruthless4me has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ruthless4me has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ruthless4me has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by soccerdad5 View Post
    My pleasure. I think the #1 thing is consistency. Consistency in your diet and workout. This has been the key for me. Unrelenting disciplines around both of these. It hasn't been perfect but it has been consistent. Diet is the one that people struggle with the most and that is the one I concentrate 80% of the time on in my coaching. This will make the biggest difference.
    Again I appreciate your input. I also think your right about consistency. This may be the one area I need to step my game up. Luckily, I already have my diet somewhat under control thanks to the local county nutritionist. I do still need to completely cut off the fast food "convenience" eating. However, I am loosing fat.

Thanks again brother.

soccerdad5 is a name known to all. (+5000) soccerdad5 is a name known to all. (+5000) soccerdad5 is a name known to all. (+5000) soccerdad5 is a name known to all. (+5000) soccerdad5 is a name known to all. (+5000) soccerdad5 is a name known to all. (+5000) soccerdad5 is a name known to all. (+5000) soccerdad5 is a name known to all. (+5000) soccerdad5 is a name known to all. (+5000) soccerdad5 is a name known to all. (+5000) soccerdad5 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Deslerond99 View Post
    I really like that you actually talked about performance enhancing drugs. I'm very against putting any type of chemical substances unnecessarily into my body. It's good to see others who are aware of the fact that these things can do some serious damage long term.

Good luck with your training. I enjoyed the blog and look forward to reading your updates.
    Thanks for following
    Bodybuilding Is The Closest Thing We Have To The Fountain Of Youth. Lee Labrada

ruthless4me has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ruthless4me has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ruthless4me has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ruthless4me has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ruthless4me has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ruthless4me has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ruthless4me has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ruthless4me has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ruthless4me has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ruthless4me has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ruthless4me has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Couple more quick questions if I may ask.

First, I am in my "still got my belly but burning fat" stage. How long should I expect to have my little bulge before I notice it becoming flat? I know we are all different body wise but, was wondering if you had some general information about that stubborn belly fat.

Second, cardio, do you do it? If so, how often and how hard? When I first started this journey, I thought that was the way to go. But, as you pointed out in your live stream, cardio isn't everything everyone thinks it is.

Thanks again for all your help and inspiration.
    Dan

soccerdad5 is a name known to all. (+5000) soccerdad5 is a name known to all. (+5000) soccerdad5 is a name known to all. (+5000) soccerdad5 is a name known to all. (+5000) soccerdad5 is a name known to all. (+5000) soccerdad5 is a name known to all. (+5000) soccerdad5 is a name known to all. (+5000) soccerdad5 is a name known to all. (+5000) soccerdad5 is a name known to all. (+5000) soccerdad5 is a name known to all. (+5000) soccerdad5 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by ruthless4me View Post
    Couple more quick questions if I may ask.

First, I am in my "still got my belly but burning fat" stage. How long should I expect to have my little bulge before I notice it becoming flat? I know we are all different body wise but, was wondering if you had some general information about that stubborn belly fat.

Second, cardio, do you do it? If so, how often and how hard? When I first started this journey, I thought that was the way to go. But, as you pointed out in your live stream, cardio isn't everything everyone thinks it is.

Thanks again for all your help and inspiration.
    Dan
    Dan, as you said it really depends. Abdominal fat is usually the last to go so keep going.

Personally I only do 2 HIIT training sessions a week. I will probably have to crank up a bit in the coming days and mix some LISS in with it.

I am still at around 203 right now. Definitely have seen improvements in the off season as bodyfat comes down. I have cranked my sodium level up and have gotten a lot better pumps in the gym. I work out in the morning and was just flat during my workouts. I decided to try to up my sodium before my workouts and the pumps have been awesome. I am little under 1 gallon a day on my water and will be cranking that up a bit to 1.5 gallons a day and continuing high sodium.

I will put my workouts in tomorrow. Have stuck with the basics the past 2 weeks and added some FST7 type of sets at the end of my bodypart workout. The good thing is my body has not been as beat up only doing 1 body part a week. I still am doing chest 2 times a week.

By the way I will be doing a FREE webinar on Thursday night. Excited to help people through there own transformation journeys. I will be talking about how to overcome the challenges of being stressed and out of shape to energized and fit. If you are interested in registering go to http://app.webinarjam.net/register/17631/a437d09e69

All good!

Another week is coming up. I really did a meat and potatoes workout. A lot on Cutler's principles and stuck with core lifts the past 2 weeks. My strength definitely has improved and that means more muscle which is good.

I am 14 weeks out and decided to get a coach. I have coached myself for many years but decided it was best for me to not really have to worry about the plan as much and just follow it. It also has given me a brand new motivation to get ready. I am 14 weeks out from a contest in October I am targeting. I will need to be down about 13 lbs for where I am which will be achievable. Still want to be ready early so will be very focused these next 14 weeks.

Will be doing a few different supplements from Labrada coming up and will let you know what they are. Remember, it is all in the diet and workout. A lot of the muscle building has been done in the "improvement season" so this is all about losing as little muscle as possible and getting as conditioned as I can be. The other guys will be bigger than me but hope to bring the best conditioning to the table (at least the best for me). I also want to make sure I come in full on contest day.

Looking forward to the plan and opening my mind to a few new ideas during prep. Here we go!

I will be starting a new 12 week transformation coaching group on July 25th. I have a few places available still. If you want more information email me at chadjacksonfitness@gmail.com

Me this week. I have been upping my sodium and have been getting better pumps in the gym.

Throwback from exactly 1 year ago when I earned my IFBB pro card. I am giving the #1 sign but actually came in second. I decided to go "all in" for 1 show to get it and did it. It was definitely earned with all the stuff I went through 3-4 days before the show. I had a business trip and my bags got lost 2 times was in 3 cities but it all came together.

This is one for you "Weekenders." If you haven't done this.....DO IT!

This was my last week workout.
    Monday
    Incline Dumbbell Press: 3-4 sets of 8-10 reps
    Incline Dumbbell Flyes: 5-6 sets of 8-10 reps
    Smith Machine Bench Press: 3 sets of 8-10 reps
    Cable Crossover: 5-7 sets of 8-10 reps 30 seconds rest between sets

Tuesday
    Triceps Rope Pushdown: 3 warm-up sets of 10-12 reps
    Close-Grip Bench Press: 2-3 sets of 10-12 reps
    Machine Dip: 3 sets of 10-12 reps
    Straight-Bar Pushdown: 3 sets of 10-12 reps
    Lying Triceps Extension: 7 sets of 10-12 reps
    30 seconds rest between sets
    EZ-Bar Curl: 3-4 sets of 12-15 reps
    Alternating Standing Dumbbell Curl: 3 sets of 10-12 reps
    Dumbbell Spider Curl: 3 sets of 10 reps
    One-Arm Preacher Curl: 3 sets of 10-12 reps
    Reverse Curl: 3 sets of 10-12 reps

Wednesday
    HIIT

Thursday

Front Pulldown: 3-4 sets of 8-10 reps
    Deadlift: 4 sets of 8-10 reps
    One-arm Dumbbell Row: 3 sets of 8-10 reps
    Bent-Over Barbell Row: 3 sets of 8-10 reps
    T-Bar Rows: 3 sets of 8-10 reps
    Seated Cable Row with Rope: 4 sets of 8-10 reps
    Hyperextensions: 4 sets of 8-10 reps
    Straight-Arm Pulldown with Rope: 7 sets of 8-10 reps 30 seconds rest between sets

Friday
    Leverage Shoulder Press: 4 sets of 6-10 reps
    Side Lateral Raise: 4 sets of 10 reps
    Front Barbell Raise: 3 sets of 10 reps
    Bent-Over Dumbbell Raise: 4 sets of 10 reps
    Cable Rope Rear-Delt Rows: 4 sets of 10 reps
    Cable Seated Lateral Raise: 7 sets of 10 reps
    30 seconds rest between sets
    Smith Machine Shrug: 5 sets of 12 reps

Saturday
    Leg Extension: 2 warm-up sets of 15 reps, 4-5 sets of 12 reps
    Leg Press: 4 sets of 15-20 reps
    Hack Squat: 3 sets of 10 reps
    Smith Machine Squats: 5 sets of 6-10 reps
    Stationary Barbell Lunge: 3-4 sets of 8 reps
    Unilateral Lying Leg Curl: 3 sets of 10-12 reps per leg
    Unilateral Seated Leg Curl: 3 sets of 10-12 reps per leg
    Standing Single-Leg Curl: 3 sets of 10 reps per leg
    Stiff-legged Barbell deadlift: 3 sets of 8-10 reps
    Standing Calf Raise: 3 sets of 10-12 reps
    Seated Calf Raise: 3 sets of 10-12 reps

Sunday: Rest Day

I have a different macro set up this week than I did last week. I will be meeting with my coach to go over the numbers. I have not been eating nearly enough carbs around my workout which helped a lot today. Here was a pic after my 40 minute workout today. Will have to make some headway these next few weeks.

I have a new 12 week coaching group starting on July 25th. I have a few slots available so if you are interested, email me at chadjacksonfitness@gmail.com for more information.

My week so far. I am in the 3,000 calorie range and a high day of 3,400 calories. Have some new macros this week. Should be interesting to see how I respond.

Doing Power Hypertrophy training this week hitting some heavy weight the first 2 days of the week (Mon-Tues). Got under 405 this week and it was pretty easy. When bodyfat goes down my body starts to hurt when I get under heavy weight but this felt good.

Did not food prep well at all this week so scrambled all week to put my macros together. This is not a good place to be in. I at least had my proteins cooked but I like having pretty much everything prepared before the week begins during contest prep.

I had an interview this week on the Madhatter Radio Show yesterday. A little on my transformation, competing and coaching. You can here it here: https://youtu.be/8Dt1muDumR0

I am also have 2 more spots for my Transformation Coaching Program starting on July 25th. I know summer is a busy time but there is not time like the present to transform starting this week. Send me an email at chadjacksonfitness@gmail.com if you are interested.
    Last edited by soccerdad5; 07-24-2015 at 07:13 PM.

I took a vacation last week and actually lost 1 lb. It had a lot to do with an active vacation in the water and also meal prep I did on the road. I was a bit looser with my macros but still stayed "in bounds."

I am 11 weeks out from my next competition and hanging around 201 lbs right now. Will probably have to lose about 12-13 more lbs to look stage ready. I will need to lose this in 8 weeks so would like to lose at a pace of 1.5 lbs per week the rest of the way. Focus these next weeks will be crucial. Meal prep in order every Sunday, meal and workout timing consistent.

Will start posing 15 minutes a day the rest of the way. This will result in the compound effect. There is a bit more time of posing in the IFBB vs the NPC so will really need to get this down. Posing has not been my strength. Guys are getting bigger in the IFBB and even though I have put size on in the off season, I do this sport "lifetime drug free" so will have a disadvantage but that is okay. I have always been a competitor all my life and will have that mindset but now I will have the mindset of competing against myself. That is what is so great about this sport is that you are always trying to improve and you can "see" improvement or what needs to be improved.

I want to continue to inspire "regular" guys and women like myself who have had a high pressure corporate jobs, families and other obligations outside of the gym. I want to show people it can be done "drug free" and you can live a good quality of life doing it. I took on this sport to improve my health and will not take shortcuts (ie PEDs) to get there.

I will post my workout and macros later today. I am using a "coach" now for my diet to give me some supervision over it. This will help me to be ready early as well as make sure I am peaking on competition day.

I will start posting every day so you can see my progress as well as see what macros I am currently doing. I want to encourage everyone to post any questions on here you have. I will answer them every day. You can just post at the bottom and click "Post Quick Reply." I want to hear if you have been keeping up with this journal and how it has helped you in any way. I want to HELP people.

A lot of people ask me what supplements I take. I will be posting all the supplements I take. I have been taking Labrada products for 20 months and love them. Remember, supplements aren't "magic" but they "supplement" the diet. Diet is most important.

One other thing, I know Bodybuilding.com will be doing a 6 week transformation #mynextlevel contest starting next week. If you need some guidance, I am thinking about setting up a 6 week transformation group to help you with your macros and workouts. If you are interested email me at chadjacksonfitness@gmail.com with the subject line #mynextlevel.

I hope everyone has a great Monday! Remember this!

Here is a tip of the day:

If you didn't wake up thankful, I want you to think about 2-5 things you are thankful for and start the day off right. You have a lot to be thankful for but sometimes we choose not to focus on those things. We focus on the hindrances, the difficulties and the struggles. I want you to think about your dreams and your visions of the life you truly want and go after it. Monday is the perfect day to do it. New week, new day and new start. Let's do this!

DoubleSprings has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Thanks for posting your journal Chad!

Are you doing refeed days yet? How often and what are the Macros? Also what type of food do you add in?

I am doing refeed days. I will post my macros tomorrow.
    Originally Posted by DoubleSprings View Post
    Thanks for posting your journal Chad!

Are you doing refeed days yet? How often and what are the Macros? Also what type of food do you add in?

I have not been giving you updates over here in a long time. I am still hitting it hard in the gym and been sitting at 200 lbs. I am supposed to be competing in 5 weeks but decided last week to pull out. I could probably could still do it but have decided to put on the brakes in 2015.

The reasons is I am taking care of one of my family members who has been diagnosed with terminal illness. We are still praying for miracles of healing but I need to make sure I take care of my family first. Thank you for your prayers and support. It is the only thing that gets me through certain parts of the day.

I continue to work my coaching business and make improvements in the gym. I have been very consistent with my diet. I will continue to make improvement but I will stay at this weight in the 200 – 205 range and add some muscle as I go.

One thing I learned in the off season is I put on a little too much bodyfat than I really wanted. I want to be able to be prepared within a few weeks of competing. I want to be able to be ready in 8 weeks. This is what I will be doing in my off season.

I will talk about the new Classic Physique division as well as the changes in men’s physique in 2016. I think the change is good overall but it will affect a lot of people differently depending on where they are.

Feed2Grow is just really nice. (+1000) Feed2Grow is just really nice. (+1000) Feed2Grow is just really nice. (+1000) Feed2Grow is just really nice. (+1000) Feed2Grow is just really nice. (+1000) Feed2Grow is just really nice. (+1000) Feed2Grow is just really nice. (+1000) Feed2Grow is just really nice. (+1000) Feed2Grow is just really nice. (+1000) Feed2Grow is just really nice. (+1000) Feed2Grow is just really nice. (+1000)
    Praying for your family, you have been through quite a bit lately. God is in control!

Originally Posted by Feed2Grow View Post
    Praying for your family, you have been through quite a bit lately. God is in control!
    Thank you so much for your prayers they have sustained me and my family! Lot of things have happened in the past 6 months. You are correct>>>GOD IS IN CONTROL! I will share about what is going on later in the week.

I haven't posted in a while because I have gone through a lot these past 6 months. A lot of what I call "life changing events." A job change (I am doing coaching full time--which I am happy about), my dad passed away 6 months ago and my mother passed away on Sept 25th of cancer. We just found out she had it in June and I have been caring for her the past 4 months. It has been pretty gut wrenching year but people's prayers have sustained me and my family. We had been taking care of my dad in and out of the hospital the past 3 years. God has been good even though it has been very difficult.

These were my parents front and center at Christmas 2014 (just 9 months ago)

I was supposed to compete in 2 contests this year including one next week but with everything going on I have decided to wait until 2016. This was a great decision and even though I have not competed for over a year that is okay. I have been fairly consistent at the gym and diet has been OK (not great). I hope to compete again in April (21 months until I last competed). The physique division will probably change in 2016 with the added Classic Physique division. Since I have been drug free all my life, I will stay in the physique division. My wheels are "ok" but in order for me to make amazing improvements I would have to get "on stuff" and I have promised myself I would not do that. I started to compete to get healthy and being "on" would do the opposite.

Anyway, I am weighing around 204 right now and in decent shape. I am going to add as much muscle as I can in 12 weeks then in January I will start the prep for the show in April. Will start keeping you updated over here. Here is what I look like right now.

I will start posting my macros and my workouts prepping for my next contest. Stay tuned. Some people have asked me about my next 12 Week Transformation Group. I have another one starting on October 19th. If you want more information email me at chadjacksonfitness@gmail.com
    Last edited by soccerdad5; 10-07-2015 at 03:25 PM.

TonyMMARock has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hi Chad,

I am just so proud to name you my coach!! keep going - and God is good all the time!

Javi

IK9 is just really nice. (+1000) IK9 is just really nice. (+1000) IK9 is just really nice. (+1000) IK9 is just really nice. (+1000) IK9 is just really nice. (+1000) IK9 is just really nice. (+1000) IK9 is just really nice. (+1000) IK9 is just really nice. (+1000) IK9 is just really nice. (+1000) IK9 is just really nice. (+1000) IK9 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Sorry to hear about your mom.. my mom has cancer too.. I know them feels ;[
    Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=166196451

Originally Posted by TonyMMARock View Post
    Hi Chad,

I am just so proud to name you my coach!! keep going - and God is good all the time!

Javi
    Thanks Javi! I left you a reply back in the ******** group. This company sells their fresh prepared meals through Kroger: http://perfectfitmeals.com/

Originally Posted by IK9 View Post
    Sorry to hear about your mom.. my mom has cancer too.. I know them feels ;[
    Sorry to hear that. It is tough seeing loved ones with cancer.

Alright everyone! It is Sunday and I am preparing for the week. I will be having 3 days going forward a high calorie day, regular calorie day and off day. Will be trying to stay around the 203-205 range. Will monitor waistline for bodyfat through this process. I will be continuing to make improvements for my IFBB debut in April.

Here is what my macros will look like:

Regular days: 308 P/240 C/90 F 3000 cals
    High days: 272 P/391 C/83 F 3,400 cals
    Rest days: 308 P/192 C/ 90 g 2808 cals

I will post my workouts as I go through them during the week. Being 45 years old, I really focus on time under tension and focus on the muscle being worked. Like I tell my clients, I check my ego at the door on how much weight I lift.

I will be doing 2 days of 20 - 25 minutes of cardio just to get the blood flowing and recovery. I don't like to do too much cardio during the off season if at all but this year I didn't do any cardio in the off season and really didn't like the way I felt. My warm up will be 10 minutes on the treadmill just to get focused on the workout at hand.

I will keep you updated on the process and will probably do some YouTube videos with it starting in January on the prep with decent video production on the workouts, food prep and what to go through.

Pic after arms earlier this week:

Also I want to remind you of this one as the week starts out.

Someday is not a day of the week. It never was and never will be. What do you want to do? Do it now or at least start taking action putting it in place.

No help for this one.... Squid24's Avatar
    Squid24 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Squid24 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Squid24 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Squid24 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Squid24 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Squid24 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Squid24 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Squid24 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Squid24 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Squid24 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Squid24 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Great family pic. Sorry for loss, I know how that is too.

God has, is, and always will be there for you. Going forward I see nothing but GREAT things to come for you in your debut in April

Good Luck,
    Steve
    My Log - https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=170367151&page=50

"Muff divers local #69.....no muff too tough....we dive at five"

Fierce 5 Programs ->https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=1266579671#post1266579671

Originally Posted by Squid24 View Post
    Great family pic. Sorry for loss, I know how that is too.

God has, is, and always will be there for you. Going forward I see nothing but GREAT things to come for you in your debut in April

Good Luck,
    Steve
    Steve, thanks brother!

Squid24 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Squid24 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Squid24 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Squid24 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Squid24 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Squid24 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Squid24 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Squid24 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Squid24 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Squid24 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Squid24 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Steve, thanks brother!
    Very welcome

Fierce 5 Programs ->https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=1266579671#post1266579671

Here is a quick update on me. Still having to do a lot of work on cleaning up my folks stuff after them passing away. Thank goodness my brother is doing this with me right now. I visited another friend today that is going to pass away very shortly. She has been a precious soul since I was a kid. I have the toughest time now visiting hospitals because of the reminders of my dad but do know people need ministering to.

I found out there is a Phil Heath Pro AM on March 11th & 12th in Dallas. I am thinking about making my debut there. This would definitely be jumping into the deep end competing with the "young" IFBB pros but it might be good. It is a little more than 16 weeks away and I am about 13-15 lbs off of stage weight. Might be a good one to get ready for then do another show in California in April. We will see how things line up.

I do a semi-food prep this week. When I am not "all in" on food prep, I do get off schedule. I teach this to my clients also. You have to "block schedule" your workouts and food prep for the week and STICK WITH YOUR SCHEDULE!

My macros right now are above. If I decide to the show in March I will really have to have my macros and plan dialed in by next week. I would like for this to be a 14 week prep and be ready 2 weeks ahead of schedule.

Here are my workouts. I really concentrate on Time Under Tension in my workouts and the muscle being worked. I don't have to put as much weight on that tears down my tendons and joints and get a great workout. You do have to check your ego at the door in order to extend the set from a time perspective.

Monday
    Legs
    EXERCISE
    Lying Leg Curl - Toes In Dorsi (Myotatic)
    Set 1 10 x 140.00Lbs
    Set 2 9 x 140.00Lbs
    Set 3 8 x 140.00Lbs
    Set 4 8 x 140.00Lbs

Barbell- Full Squat
    Set 1 12 x 315.00Lbs
    Set 2 10 x 335.00Lbs
    Set 3 9 x 355.00Lbs
    Set 4 8 x 385.00Lbs

Front Squat
    Set 1 20 x 135.00Lbs
    Set 2 20 x 135.00Lbs
    Set 3 20 x 135.00Lbs

Romanian Deadlift
    Set 1 10 x 225.00Lbs
    Set 2 12 x 225.00Lbs
    Set 3 12 x 225.00Lbs

Tuesday

30 Degree Incline Dumbbell Press
    Set 1 13 x 70.00Lbs
    Set 2 10 x 80.00Lbs
    Set 3 8 x 90.00Lbs

Dips for Chest
    Set 1 9 x 45.00Lbs
    Set 2 10 x 45.00Lbs
    Set 3 10 x 45.00Lbs
    Set 4 9 x 45.00Lbs

Flat Bench Dumbell Chest Press, Palms Facing
    Set 1 13 x 70.00Lbs
    Set 2 13 x 70.00Lbs
    Set 3 13 x 70.00Lbs

Cable- Flyes Flat Bench
    Set 1 15 x 42.50Lbs
    Set 2 14 x 42.50Lbs

Dumbbell- Lateral raise
    Set 1 15 x 35.00Lbs
    Set 2 15 x 35.00Lbs
    Set 3 15 x 35.00Lbs

Hammer- Shoulder Press
    Set 1 20 x 140.00Lbs
    Set 2 17 x 140.00Lbs
    Set 3 15 x 140.00Lbs

Seated Dumbbell Rear Delt Raise
    Set 1 15 x 40.00Lbs
    Set 2 15 x 40.00Lbs

Wide Grip Barbell Bent Over Row
    Set 1 15 x 20.00Lbs
    Set 2 15 x 20.00Lbs

TIP OF THE DAY:

Whether it be my clients or my friends if you can't get your diet right you really are wasting your time in trying to change your body. This is the hardest one for people to understand. The physique athletes understand this but most other people don't.

This is why in my coaching I focus 80% on changing habits of diet. Still have some spots left for my transformation coaching group starting on Sunday October 26th. You can do this coaching anywhere around the world from the comfort of your phone via conference call or from your computer on Skype. If you want more information please email me at chadjacksonfitness@ gmail.com

As I always say, take it one step at a time. I can relate to your loss as since 2013, I've lost 5 friends and family myself. It's a rough go but, eventually the wounds heal up.
    My personal opinion about doing the show is that maybe it would be a good idea to help focus on something else. However, you know what you need better than anyone else. So, do what you need to do.

Best wishes brother.

bahulz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Chad,

I am starting back weight training after many years off (and I was never great then). Since changing diet is 80% of the battle + consistency of training, what would be an example of say a 1 week menu for an average guy (175 lbs 27%BF) that wants to stay the same weight, but add lean mass and get to 10 -12%BF?

Thanks a ton for letting me post the question!

Brent

Originally Posted by ruthless4me View Post
    As I always say, take it one step at a time. I can relate to your loss as since 2013, I've lost 5 friends and family myself. It's a rough go but, eventually the wounds heal up.
    My personal opinion about doing the show is that maybe it would be a good idea to help focus on something else. However, you know what you need better than anyone else. So, do what you need to do.

Best wishes brother.
    Probably not a bad idea. Will definitely be praying about it. Thanks.

Brent, It really depends on what you are currently eating, your current activity level and really where your metabolism is. I get my clients to track for 3-5 days to find out their current calori count and based on that, their goals and activity level I will formulate their macros and calories around that. You definitely need to make sure you are getting at least 1 g of protein pwr lb.
    Originally Posted by bahulz View Post
    Chad,

I am starting back weight training after many years off (and I was never great then). Since changing diet is 80% of the battle + consistency of training, what would be an example of say a 1 week menu for an average guy (175 lbs 27%BF) that wants to stay the same weight, but add lean mass and get to 10 -12%BF?

Thanks a ton for letting me post the question!

Brent

TIP OF THE DAY:

Whether it be my clients or my friends if you can't get your diet right you really are wasting your time in trying to change your body. This is the hardest one for people to understand. The physique athletes understand this but most other people don't.

This is why in my coaching I focus 80% on changing habits of diet. Still have some spots left for my transformation coaching group starting on Sunday October 26th. You can do this coaching anywhere around the world from the comfort of your phone via conference call or from your computer on Skype. If you want more information please email me at chadjacksonfitness@ gmail.com
    See, this is why I am not into the competition scene , I LOVE my food...lmao.

I think you should go to the one in March! Might help you get your mind off of the real world for a bit

Originally Posted by Squid24 View Post
    See, this is why I am not into the competition scene , I LOVE my food...lmao.

I think you should go to the one in March! Might help you get your mind off of the real world for a bit
    I will talk it over and see. I do think the physiques will be slimmed down in 2016 as they push some of the big physique guys into Classic Physique. Over time, I believe Classic Physique will be the biggest category. Give it 3-4 years.

It was a good week last week as far as workouts are concerned but not such a great week as far as following my nutrition plan. I tell my clients all the time that there are 2 unbreakable meetings you need to have with yourself during your week. #1 is your workout and #2 is food prep. If you break one of these, you will have a tough time making progress.

My food prep was not great the past week. I ended up gaining weight and waistline went up because I had 3 really bad days of eating. Back at it this week and hope to be in the mix. Here were my workouts at the end of last week:

Thursday:
    Barbell- Deadlifts
    Set 1 12 x 275.00Lbs
    Set 2 10 x 295.00Lbs
    Set 3 6 x 315.00Lbs
    Set 4 6 x 315.00Lbs

Narrow Grip Lat Pulldown
    Set 1 12 x 180.00Lbs
    Set 2 11 x 180.00Lbs
    Set 3 11 x 180.00Lbs
    Set 4 11 x 180.00Lbs
    Barbell- Bent Over Row
    Set 1 12 x 185.00Lbs
    Set 2 11 x 185.00Lbs
    Set 3 12 x 185.00Lbs
    Back Extensions
    Set 1 25 x 90.00Lbs
    Set 2 20 x 110.00Lbs
    Set 3 20 x 110.00Lbs
    Cable- Crunch
    Set 1 15 x 70.00Lbs
    Set 2 15 x 70.00Lbs
    Set 3 15 x 70.00Lbs
    Barbell Rollout
    Set 1 20
    Set 2 20
    Set 3 20

Friday:
    Preacher Curl- Wide Grip
    Set 1 12 x 110.00Lbs
    Set 2 12 x 125.00Lbs
    Set 3 10 x 135.00Lbs
    Set 4 10 x 135.00Lbs

Cable Rope Tricep Push Down
    Set 1 20 x 50.00Lbs
    Set 2 18 x 57.50Lbs
    Set 3 16 x 57.50Lbs
    Set 4 13 x 57.50Lbs

Dumbbell- Hammer Curls
    Set 1 11 x 55.00Lbs
    Set 2 11 x 55.00Lbs
    Set 3 11 x 55.00Lbs
    Set 4 11 x 55.00Lbs

Decline Dumbell Bench Press Close Grip for Chest
    Set 1 11 x 90.00Lbs
    Set 2 10 x 90.00Lbs
    Set 3 11 x 90.00Lbs
    Set 4 11 x 90.00Lbs

Dumbbell- Incline Curls
    Set 1 12 x 40.00Lbs

Saturday & Sunday
    Rest Day

Been really focusing on time under tension as well as really focusing on the muscle being worked and it has payed off. I have had a lot of chest improvement the past 1 1/2 years. It has been been slow and gradual but definitely improving an area that needed big improvements.

One of my good meals for the week:

I do have a webinar on Thursday night. It is on THE BUSY PERSON'S GUIDE TO TRANSFORMING YOUR BODY. I will also be taking questions at the end. Here is the link to sign up: http://app.webinarjam.net/register/17631/d0066818b4

This was me on the left when I had a bad diet was not working out and got pancreatitis 2 times. 3rd time would have killed me. The right is in 2014 when I started competing and eventually got my pro card.

TRANSFORMATION COACHING GROUP STARTS 10/26

For more info email me at chadjacksonfitness@gmail.com. I teach the same principles I took my own transformation through along with the 500 others who have gone through this program. Spots are filling up so email me if you want more info on how to transform your own body in 12 weeks.