View Poll Results: Do you think you are good looking, average, or ugly?

Voters
550. You may not vote on this poll
  • Good Looking

263 47.82%
  • Average

212 38.55%
  • Ugly

75 13.64%
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8
    Ricky112 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ricky112 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ricky112 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ricky112 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ricky112 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ricky112 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ricky112 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ricky112 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ricky112 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ricky112 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ricky112 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I got a pic on my profile.. any opinions?

SteelCrayon is just really nice. (+1000) SteelCrayon is just really nice. (+1000) SteelCrayon is just really nice. (+1000) SteelCrayon is just really nice. (+1000) SteelCrayon is just really nice. (+1000) SteelCrayon is just really nice. (+1000) SteelCrayon is just really nice. (+1000) SteelCrayon is just really nice. (+1000) SteelCrayon is just really nice. (+1000) SteelCrayon is just really nice. (+1000) SteelCrayon is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by janky View Post
    here's a question;

How do you know?

Do you make a hot or not account? Gauge off your reactions from the opposite sex? Gauge by the caliber of partner you can pull? Gauge by how many people say you're hot?

I mean, according to hot or not I'm an 8.5. But then I look at the caliber of female on hot or not and I'm like... lol OF COURSE I AM TO YOU. lol

Every guy says they're a 6 or 7. I'd probably guess I fall into that category as well, but I've never really known how to accurately gauge and decipher my "rating".

I mean, I guess a lot of it depends on your swagger, style, attitude, etc as well - which can't necessarily be measured in your average ******** picture.

This is how I see it... I akways get told by your real life avg chick "wow your hot" but let's be honest, either there just saying it cuz they wanna hook up with you or cuz you are hot to them but either way IT DIES NOT MAKE YOU HOT.... all it determines is yeah your a good looking guy (above avg)...

Being goodlooking all it does is put you in a scale within a scale... How good looking are you? Cuz now your rated against other good looking peeps ranging from above avg to fckn juicy.

I think of it as Miss America style: yeah there all pretty girls and you know you would fck every single one if you had the chance but now that their in competition with other gorgeous girls you start getting technical and you can even become more superficial and say **** like I pick GirlA cuz girlB seems to have too pointy elbows.

So yeah you may be a hot guy where you live but when you step up against a real model (none of those wannabes) you look like **** next to them. I get told by avg to cute girls that I should become a model but I'm honest with myself cuz I know I wouldn't touch them.

That's just based on looks... Now tho you have some girls that go off career, height, skin, attitude.... I met up with a chick on pof the other day (fckn cute from pics and had been txtn her for a bit) as soon as I meet her it wasn't a suprise that bish was ugly compared to pics but too late to back out cuz she became cool like a friend. We drank at a bar and bish was like yeah every guy I talk to falls in love with me (I lold silently) but anyways chick started listing her standards and found out she was picky as fck (how could this be? Avg chick with scary high standards. Here I am just asking for an attractive girl that's nice lol) but then I realized in her eyes her being avg, looks took a back seat n chick was focused on nice guy, money, appearence, attitude, treats her like a queen... She literally emphasized everything besides looks, but cuz she was avg at best on looks she seemed to ask for everything else in a guy for them to be considered good looking

Maarz is not very helpful. (-500) Maarz is not very helpful. (-500) Maarz is not very helpful. (-500) Maarz is not very helpful. (-500) Maarz is not very helpful. (-500) Maarz is not very helpful. (-500) Maarz is not very helpful. (-500) Maarz is not very helpful. (-500) Maarz is not very helpful. (-500) Maarz is not very helpful. (-500) Maarz is not very helpful. (-500)
    Originally Posted by Ricky112 View Post
    I got a pic on my profile.. any opinions?
    If I was a woman, I bang ya, brah.

SteelCrayon is just really nice. (+1000) SteelCrayon is just really nice. (+1000) SteelCrayon is just really nice. (+1000) SteelCrayon is just really nice. (+1000) SteelCrayon is just really nice. (+1000) SteelCrayon is just really nice. (+1000) SteelCrayon is just really nice. (+1000) SteelCrayon is just really nice. (+1000) SteelCrayon is just really nice. (+1000) SteelCrayon is just really nice. (+1000) SteelCrayon is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by xb28k View Post
    Imho the /10 scale only rates the body/face of a person and nothing else. So swagger, style, attitude, status, money or whatever aren't important when using this scale. It's not used to measure how attractive you are overall, but just how good-looking you are.

I don't understand how you can't roughly estimate your own number. I mean, whenever you see a person you can say if they are ugly as **** (0-2/10), not attractive (3-4/10), average (5-6/10), or good-looking (7+/10). Now pretty much all you have to do is to look in a mirror.

I think 1-10 scale applies but once falling into said 6-10 it gets hardcore superficial cuz your competing against only good looking people. So I think on a 6-10 scale of being above avg to fck Godlike I think I barely hit the 6 position

D3th 2 Aw3 is a name known to all. (+5000) D3th 2 Aw3 is a name known to all. (+5000) D3th 2 Aw3 is a name known to all. (+5000) D3th 2 Aw3 is a name known to all. (+5000) D3th 2 Aw3 is a name known to all. (+5000) D3th 2 Aw3 is a name known to all. (+5000) D3th 2 Aw3 is a name known to all. (+5000) D3th 2 Aw3 is a name known to all. (+5000) D3th 2 Aw3 is a name known to all. (+5000) D3th 2 Aw3 is a name known to all. (+5000) D3th 2 Aw3 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Below average - average. Happy medium. I'm not sure how accurate my perspective is though because I had several people in high school tell me I had life easy because I had good looks, and some other compliments. My past 2 girlfriends have been keepers aswell so I'm not really complaining.
    It's consistency. It's like building a house. Everyday I'm putting a brick on my wall.

xb28k will become famous soon enough. (+50) xb28k will become famous soon enough. (+50) xb28k will become famous soon enough. (+50) xb28k will become famous soon enough. (+50) xb28k will become famous soon enough. (+50) xb28k will become famous soon enough. (+50) xb28k will become famous soon enough. (+50) xb28k will become famous soon enough. (+50) xb28k will become famous soon enough. (+50) xb28k will become famous soon enough. (+50) xb28k will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by SteelCrayon View Post
    I think 1-10 scale applies but once falling into said 6-10 it gets hardcore superficial cuz your competing against only good looking people. So I think on a 6-10 scale of being above avg to fck Godlike I think I barely hit the 6 position
    Yeah, that's why I put 7,8,9 and 10 into one category. As soon as a woman reaches a 7 on this scale it's up to personal taste imho.
    Then it's up to things like colour of hair/eyes, nails, knees etc. Stuff that no one actually cares about as long as she looks good overall. If a whale has your favorite eye colour you wont give it an extra point and bump her from 3/10 to a 4/10 just because of this. But if a 7/10 has your favorite eye colour you might very well make her a 8/10.

You can see this in the misc as well. whenever there's a "I found the perfect 10" thread a majority of people will disagree and give her anything in the 7-9 range. But almost never anything below.

Ricky_k is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ricky_k is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ricky_k is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ricky_k is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ricky_k is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ricky_k is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ricky_k is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ricky_k is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ricky_k is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ricky_k is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ricky_k is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    i get 0 attention from womenz
    On a journey to the brighter side of life.
    Writing about depression & self-development.
    ---------------------------------------------------
    My blog: www.boyunderthebridge.com
    ---------------------------------------------------

Yeah, that's why I put 7,8,9 and 10 into one category. As soon as a woman reaches a 7 on this scale it's up to personal taste imho.
    Then it's up to things like colour of hair/eyes, nails, knees etc. Stuff that no one actually cares about as long as she looks good overall. If a whale has your favorite eye colour you wont give it an extra point and bump her from 3/10 to a 4/10 just because of this. But if a 7/10 has your favorite eye colour you might very well make her a 8/10.

You can see this in the misc as well. whenever there's a "I found the perfect 10" thread a majority of people will disagree and give her anything in the 7-9 range. But almost never anything below.

Yeah despite the misc crazy standards... They are actually on point in my opinion. I know if I got a pic of a Salma hayek (my 9.5/10) and rated her against my ex's I don't think any of them would rank higher than 6 and if it was my ex against her **** my ex would be a 4. So yeah on a small scale some of us consider ourselves goodlooking in our city but actually **** on a large scale.

I know in my home town of el paso I'm a fckn great looking guy where avg person is fat and doesn't take care of themselves. But when I go out of town for school where everyone goodlooking I rank about a 6 maybe 8 on an amazing day.

zirtbow will become famous soon enough. (+50) zirtbow will become famous soon enough. (+50) zirtbow will become famous soon enough. (+50) zirtbow will become famous soon enough. (+50) zirtbow will become famous soon enough. (+50) zirtbow will become famous soon enough. (+50) zirtbow will become famous soon enough. (+50) zirtbow will become famous soon enough. (+50) zirtbow will become famous soon enough. (+50) zirtbow will become famous soon enough. (+50) zirtbow will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Strong amount of skewed results and overconfidence in this thread. I admit I at one time had a similar mindset of being at least average but after years of phail I know without a doubt now that I'm ugly.

1. I get rejected all the time by girls. I definitely can hold up a conversation about anything at all since I seem to have a lot of friends and I often find myself talking about all kinds of things.
    2. I submitted several different picture to HotOrNot and I usually get a 6.5 or 7 rating. You look at the bar graph and a majority of the ratings are between 1 and 3. It used to be if you setup the MeetMe section you would get added automatically as someone's favorite if they rated you I think a 9 or 10. The only people that rated me 9 or 10 were one fat chick and bunch of guys. So at best I'm a 5 or less.
    3. I once tried match.com. I sent out over 500 (literally) messages. I would say about 80% of them ended up viewing profile. Most never responded and I had one (yes only one) I went on a few dates with but nothing came of that. 1 date out of 500 some messages sent is a pretty crappy ratio. I constantly changed my profile, photos, and the messages I sent to try for a better response.
    4. In keeping with the match.com thing above I about give up. I disabled my profile when one girl out of the last few messaged me back. We went back and forth for a while and she always responded to my messages in a VERY short period of time. Maybe a day or less for each message. In one message she said "Hey your profile is disabled I can't see it". I unblocked it and sent her "There its back you can check it out". I never heard from her again.
    5. There was another forum I was a part of probably 6-8 years ago that had a "Lets figure out who is the ugliest member" contest. Many people entered for the lulz and I'm sure one guy was even a model. I entered because I was trying to win it but I finished second. Out of probably 100+ people that entered I'm sure that reaffirms that I'm ugly.

Everyone that goes on about confidence, game, and swagger. To me those don't mean anything if you don't have looks. There are many times where I go to talk to a girl and she will leave or act so uninterested in what I'm saying that no amount of wit/charm in the world will help. One girl just put her hand up in my face and started walking away so I couldn't talk to her. One girl that turned me down a while ago gave me the whole I'm a great guy lets be friends sort of thing. My best friend showed me a chat later on where she said the real reason was that she rated me a 2/10 on the looks scale.

I recently just gave up on working out since being ripped never accounts for the main thing girls judge on which are facial looks, height, and race.

Lift till the pains gone. Livestrong7's Avatar
    Livestrong7 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Livestrong7 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Livestrong7 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Livestrong7 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Livestrong7 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Livestrong7 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Livestrong7 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Livestrong7 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Livestrong7 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Livestrong7 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Livestrong7 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    8 on my bad days 9 mostly foreal
    KEEP Calm and ... LIFT On★★★★★
    ~
    Every time you skip legs.. a puppy dies
    ~
    ***"NO CREW" CREW***
    ~
    99 problems but a bench ain't one

Bigger, Stronger, Faster. kingof_queens's Avatar
    kingof_queens is a name known to all. (+5000) kingof_queens is a name known to all. (+5000) kingof_queens is a name known to all. (+5000) kingof_queens is a name known to all. (+5000) kingof_queens is a name known to all. (+5000) kingof_queens is a name known to all. (+5000) kingof_queens is a name known to all. (+5000) kingof_queens is a name known to all. (+5000) kingof_queens is a name known to all. (+5000) kingof_queens is a name known to all. (+5000) kingof_queens is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by zirtbow View Post
    Strong amount of skewed results and overconfidence in this thread. I admit I at one time had a similar mindset of being at least average but after years of phail I know without a doubt now that I'm ugly.

1. I get rejected all the time by girls. I definitely can hold up a conversation about anything at all since I seem to have a lot of friends and I often find myself talking about all kinds of things.
    2. I submitted several different picture to HotOrNot and I usually get a 6.5 or 7 rating. You look at the bar graph and a majority of the ratings are between 1 and 3. It used to be if you setup the MeetMe section you would get added automatically as someone's favorite if they rated you I think a 9 or 10. The only people that rated me 9 or 10 were one fat chick and bunch of guys. So at best I'm a 5 or less.
    3. I once tried match.com. I sent out over 500 (literally) messages. I would say about 80% of them ended up viewing profile. Most never responded and I had one (yes only one) I went on a few dates with but nothing came of that. 1 date out of 500 some messages sent is a pretty crappy ratio. I constantly changed my profile, photos, and the messages I sent to try for a better response.
    4. In keeping with the match.com thing above I about give up. I disabled my profile when one girl out of the last few messaged me back. We went back and forth for a while and she always responded to my messages in a VERY short period of time. Maybe a day or less for each message. In one message she said "Hey your profile is disabled I can't see it". I unblocked it and sent her "There its back you can check it out". I never heard from her again.
    5. There was another forum I was a part of probably 6-8 years ago that had a "Lets figure out who is the ugliest member" contest. Many people entered for the lulz and I'm sure one guy was even a model. I entered because I was trying to win it but I finished second. Out of probably 100+ people that entered I'm sure that reaffirms that I'm ugly.

Everyone that goes on about confidence, game, and swagger. To me those don't mean anything if you don't have looks. There are many times where I go to talk to a girl and she will leave or act so uninterested in what I'm saying that no amount of wit/charm in the world will help. One girl just put her hand up in my face and started walking away so I couldn't talk to her. One girl that turned me down a while ago gave me the whole I'm a great guy lets be friends sort of thing. My best friend showed me a chat later on where she said the real reason was that she rated me a 2/10 on the looks scale.

I recently just gave up on working out since being ripped never accounts for the main thing girls judge on which are facial looks, height, and race.

cliffs: You are horribly ugly, insecure, and at one time very delusional. You have a lot of work to do if you don't want to die a virgin. Good luck.

I'd say i'm average. I get a lot of looks, but I think it's probably mostly due to my height and I do dress pretty nice, but my face is probably average at best.
    "The Mind is the Battleground"

"I will not stop until I have an armor plated chest, boulder shoulders, castle back, pillar quads and a set of rock solid abs for the ladies"

Registered User lilmotivation32's Avatar
    lilmotivation32 is on a distinguished road. (+10) lilmotivation32 is on a distinguished road. (+10) lilmotivation32 is on a distinguished road. (+10) lilmotivation32 is on a distinguished road. (+10) lilmotivation32 is on a distinguished road. (+10) lilmotivation32 is on a distinguished road. (+10) lilmotivation32 is on a distinguished road. (+10) lilmotivation32 is on a distinguished road. (+10) lilmotivation32 is on a distinguished road. (+10) lilmotivation32 is on a distinguished road. (+10) lilmotivation32 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I used to think that I was a REAL good looking dude.... lolz. But after a year in college and standing only 5'6'', I think im bout a 6 but 7 with no shirt. (sounds homo but true) I have a much better chance hooking up with chix on the beach or at pool parties. Ive been told that I look very young for my age so I think I still have some maturing to do. That will boost me hopefully lolz
    Lambda Chi Alpha

Originally Posted by kingof_queens View Post
    cliffs: You are horribly ugly, insecure, and at one time very delusional. You have a lot of work to do if you don't want to die a virgin. Good luck.

I'd say i'm average. I get a lot of looks, but I think it's probably mostly due to my height and I do dress pretty nice, but my face is probably average at best.

I would say the same... My height n body get me attention cuz I know back when I was scrawny all I got was attention from avg girls.

Ricky112 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ricky112 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ricky112 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ricky112 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ricky112 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ricky112 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ricky112 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ricky112 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ricky112 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ricky112 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ricky112 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by TheArsis View Post
    If I was a woman, I bang ya, brah.
    haha thanks brah

Fearing The Reaper BackToBasics's Avatar
    BackToBasics will become famous soon enough. (+50) BackToBasics will become famous soon enough. (+50) BackToBasics will become famous soon enough. (+50) BackToBasics will become famous soon enough. (+50) BackToBasics will become famous soon enough. (+50) BackToBasics will become famous soon enough. (+50) BackToBasics will become famous soon enough. (+50) BackToBasics will become famous soon enough. (+50) BackToBasics will become famous soon enough. (+50) BackToBasics will become famous soon enough. (+50) BackToBasics will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Average to slightly above average facially. I don't think my face necessarily helps or hurts my ass-pulling prowess. Not worth worrying about anyways, as it is one of the few things you can't change about yourself to up your odds with hoarz.
    He who chases two rabbits, catches neither.

ajn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ajn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ajn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ajn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ajn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ajn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ajn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ajn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ajn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ajn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ajn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by momo5 View Post
    I used to be ugly in HS, everyone called my chocolate chip face , etc. But now I have long dreadlocks, strong body, sharp jaw , good face. Girls from HS saying i'm handsome etc, random girls saying i'm handsome/cute/pretty. I'm really nuts about beauty I like to look at my face for long time cause how good I look, I think this is a hinder to me because most girls I think I am to handsome for. I think because of my years of suffering of being made fun of has really affected me in how I treat others now that I am the handsome one.

I don't go around making fun of people but in my head most girls who talk to me i'm not attracted to. Sometimes I just wish I could clone myself and have myself as a BF.( last part not srs )
    wow, scary bro. i feel like this is my own conscience talking. i made a thread about this before:

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=125981393

for the record, i feel like your posture/overall swagger has a lot more to do with your attractiveness than your actual facial features.

if you've ever seen a famous person in public, you can ALWAYS tell they're famous even if you dont know who they are, just because they have this presence about them. they stand tall, move slowly and confidently. just look at 1:00 on as you seen Lebron walking through the mall

besides the fact that he's 6'9, he stands out among average people because he has that cool, confident posture. when a guy carries himself confidently, girls will automatically take notice and be attracted.. its how they're wired.
    Last edited by ajn; 07-22-2010 at 12:53 PM.

Poster above me is a phag Dennis71's Avatar
    Dennis71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dennis71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dennis71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dennis71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dennis71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dennis71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dennis71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dennis71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dennis71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dennis71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dennis71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    i think im a 8-9

hotorNot says im a 9.4
    Misc'in since '07

2x cancer survivor

janky has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) janky has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) janky has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) janky has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) janky has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) janky has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) janky has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) janky has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) janky has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) janky has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) janky has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by Julius7236 View Post
    Looking at the polls 47.6% think they are good looking.

Bet if these people put there profiles on the shallow website BeautifulPeople.com they would be in for a big suprise.
    I would but I'm sure my frail ego couldn't take the beating.
    I don't look anything like any of those guys hahaha ... so much tan skin, 5 o clock shadow, grey tanktops, and square ass jawlines... i just.. i dont even... is this real life..?
    And all those pictures look like they're professional studio shoots... wtf.
    Cell phone camera pics don't come out with that resolution! haha

Imho the /10 scale only rates the body/face of a person and nothing else. So swagger, style, attitude, status, money or whatever aren't important when using this scale. It's not used to measure how attractive you are overall, but just how good-looking you are.

I don't understand how you can't roughly estimate your own number. I mean, whenever you see a person you can say if they are ugly as **** (0-2/10), not attractive (3-4/10), average (5-6/10), or good-looking (7+/10). Now pretty much all you have to do is to look in a mirror.
    I can't.
    I have no fcking clue. I think I have a parrot beak and look ugly from the right side.
    But some pics I think I look great. I mean, I don't look like any of the male model types on that site above ^ so i'm guessing I'm not "hot" by any means...?
    I don't fcking know.

and steelcrayon, no homo, but you look like you'd be swimmin in ass brah. If you're not, move to seattle.. give me 2 weekends and your phone will blow up relentlessly hahaha
    Common Sense Crew
    Living Happily is Easy Crew
    Do Something That Matters Crew
    There Are More Important Things in Life Than Women Crew

"My brother is an Alpha male in real life and virtually all of his friends are Alpha males." - zionosis