Page 62 of 65 FirstFirst ... 12 52 60 61 62 63 64 ... LastLast
Results 1,831 to 1,860 of 1928
    SynapticCleft has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SynapticCleft has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SynapticCleft has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SynapticCleft has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SynapticCleft has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SynapticCleft has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SynapticCleft has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SynapticCleft has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SynapticCleft has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SynapticCleft has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SynapticCleft has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by mr2rbo View Post
    Thats awesome. Im jelly I wish I was into linux more when I was getting into computers. Now im taking a linux course at linuxacademy, as well as starting my pentesting course yesterday, and then im trying to take the pwk (pentesting with kali linux) at offsec.
    Mess around with CentOS and Ubuntu.

I learned from Ubuntu and as I got more interested in servers I switched over to CentOS. I created a DHCP and DNS server for my house using CentOS.

2 B Tan is 2 B Glorious! SipNPiz's Avatar
    SipNPiz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SipNPiz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SipNPiz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SipNPiz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SipNPiz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SipNPiz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SipNPiz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SipNPiz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SipNPiz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SipNPiz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SipNPiz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Any other brahs got a legit full time gig and go to consulting/contractor route? Sounding more and more tempting when I here how ridiculous the hourly rate is
    STEM Wagie Brah
    Oil/commodity based trader

mr2rbo is a name known to all. (+5000) mr2rbo is a name known to all. (+5000) mr2rbo is a name known to all. (+5000) mr2rbo is a name known to all. (+5000) mr2rbo is a name known to all. (+5000) mr2rbo is a name known to all. (+5000) mr2rbo is a name known to all. (+5000) mr2rbo is a name known to all. (+5000) mr2rbo is a name known to all. (+5000) mr2rbo is a name known to all. (+5000) mr2rbo is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by SynapticCleft View Post
    Mess around with CentOS and Ubuntu.

I learned from Ubuntu and as I got more interested in servers I switched over to CentOS. I created a DHCP and DNS server for my house using CentOS.
    Yeah im currently playing with CentOS, Ubuntu, and Kali. Taking some pentesting courses and linux learning courses so its def been helping.

Originally Posted by SipNPiz View Post
    Any other brahs got a legit full time gig and go to consulting/contractor route? Sounding more and more tempting when I here how ridiculous the hourly rate is
    My friend is a sr consultant and also does independent contracting work. Says the contracting work pays like 2-3 times more than his full time, but isn't as steady. Then again, his full time job doesnt require him to be at work everyday so he has a big advantage.
    "Weakness of attitude becomes weakness of character." -Einstein

Master Debater

Link for Webinars below!

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/1h7r5rcru7jqb3n/AACeDCSdhrDkQLNTtx2ndi0na?dl=0

SwiftRick has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SwiftRick has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SwiftRick has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SwiftRick has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SwiftRick has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SwiftRick has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SwiftRick has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SwiftRick has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SwiftRick has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SwiftRick has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SwiftRick has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Question for you guys.

I am currently studying for the A+ certification so that I may start a career in Health IT.

I currently got a paid internship offered at a Authorized Apple Service Provider for Mac, iPad, iPod, Apple TV, iPhone! computer shop. Would this be beneficial at all for me?
    SwiftRick is a fictional character

residesinAZ has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) residesinAZ has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) residesinAZ has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) residesinAZ has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) residesinAZ has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) residesinAZ has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) residesinAZ has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) residesinAZ has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) residesinAZ has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) residesinAZ has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) residesinAZ has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by SwiftRick View Post
    Question for you guys.

I am currently studying for the A+ certification so that I may start a career in Health IT.

I currently got a paid internship offered at a Authorized Apple Service Provider for Mac, iPad, iPod, Apple TV, iPhone! computer shop. Would this be beneficial at all for me?
    Lots of schools use Mac, so I'd say yes. The experience would be beneficial.
    If you're looking to get a job at a hospital, they're probably using PCs, but the basic troubleshooting (is it on, is it plugged in) will translate.

Azn00Superman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Azn00Superman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Azn00Superman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Azn00Superman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Azn00Superman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Azn00Superman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Azn00Superman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Azn00Superman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Azn00Superman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Azn00Superman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Azn00Superman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Damn it brehs, so ****ing hard to get an entry level job in IT. Applied to so many and got one interview and I wasn't selected for the position. Fells bad mayne. Even harder cuz I have no professional experience. Next thing i'll do is make a LinkedIn account and keep applying, see where it takes me.
    *Misc Zombie Response Team*

MISC WRITING CHALLENGE:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=151602103
    MISC MUAY THAI CREW
    MISC WRITER CREW

SwiftRick has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SwiftRick has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SwiftRick has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SwiftRick has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SwiftRick has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SwiftRick has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SwiftRick has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SwiftRick has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SwiftRick has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SwiftRick has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SwiftRick has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Azn00Superman View Post
    Damn it brehs, so ****ing hard to get an entry level job in IT. Applied to so many and got one interview and I wasn't selected for the position. Fells bad mayne. Even harder cuz I have no professional experience. Next thing i'll do is make a LinkedIn account and keep applying, see where it takes me.
    Good luck bro! Keep on pushing.

Question for you brahs.

I started my paid internship at a mac/apple store. I am currently going through training for troubleshooting macs and iphones. I am still studying for my A+ certification.

After this, what would be the next step to climb up that ladder?
    SwiftRick is a fictional character

Hyperr is not very well liked. (-100) Hyperr is not very well liked. (-100) Hyperr is not very well liked. (-100) Hyperr is not very well liked. (-100) Hyperr is not very well liked. (-100) Hyperr is not very well liked. (-100) Hyperr is not very well liked. (-100) Hyperr is not very well liked. (-100) Hyperr is not very well liked. (-100) Hyperr is not very well liked. (-100) Hyperr is not very well liked. (-100)
    been slacking, with real life and just excuse after excuse looking to put back on the grind.

debating on rushing my comptia A+ or network + im in the seattle area, and need a suggestion here

what cert would get me a job atleast 15$ so i can get out my bad living situation and into some where else?

to make this more detail in a tldr

-want easy quick cert to help boost income from 11$ to atleast 15 to move out
    -then going for a ccna for growth
    Last edited by Hyperr; 05-01-2015 at 09:46 PM.

SynapticCleft has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SynapticCleft has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SynapticCleft has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SynapticCleft has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SynapticCleft has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SynapticCleft has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SynapticCleft has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SynapticCleft has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SynapticCleft has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SynapticCleft has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SynapticCleft has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Hyperr View Post
    been slacking, with real life and just excuse after excuse looking to put back on the grind.

debating on rushing my comptia A+ or network + im in the seattle area, and need a suggestion here

what cert would get me a job atleast 15$ so i can get out my bad living situation and into some where else?

to make this more detail in a tldr

-want easy quick cert to help boost income from 11$ to atleast 15 to move out
    -then going for a ccna for growth
    Go for the CCENT cert since you are going for your CCNA anayways.

Skip the A+ and find a part time job at geeksquad.

Originally Posted by SwiftRick View Post
    Good luck bro! Keep on pushing.

Question for you brahs.

I started my paid internship at a mac/apple store. I am currently going through training for troubleshooting macs and iphones. I am still studying for my A+ certification.

After this, what would be the next step to climb up that ladder?
    Depends on where you want to specialize in IT.

Tier 1 is helpdesk, next tier after that is huge and since you can specialize in servers, networks, security, database, dev and etc.

Hyperr is not very well liked. (-100) Hyperr is not very well liked. (-100) Hyperr is not very well liked. (-100) Hyperr is not very well liked. (-100) Hyperr is not very well liked. (-100) Hyperr is not very well liked. (-100) Hyperr is not very well liked. (-100) Hyperr is not very well liked. (-100) Hyperr is not very well liked. (-100) Hyperr is not very well liked. (-100) Hyperr is not very well liked. (-100)

Tier 1 is helpdesk, next tier after that is huge and since you can specialize in servers, networks, security, database, dev and etc.
    so go for the ccent, and then apply to geeksquad?

whats geek squad hourly?

and would the ccent help land it? figured A+ would help more since thats more about hardware which geeksquad is

jasonpullar is a name known to all. (+5000) jasonpullar is a name known to all. (+5000) jasonpullar is a name known to all. (+5000) jasonpullar is a name known to all. (+5000) jasonpullar is a name known to all. (+5000) jasonpullar is a name known to all. (+5000) jasonpullar is a name known to all. (+5000) jasonpullar is a name known to all. (+5000) jasonpullar is a name known to all. (+5000) jasonpullar is a name known to all. (+5000) jasonpullar is a name known to all. (+5000)
    so go for the ccent, and then apply to geeksquad?

whats geek squad hourly?

and would the ccent help land it? figured A+ would help more since thats more about hardware which geeksquad is
    why would you apply to geek squad? bit subpar for the work they do get you CCNA and look for a junior network admin or analyst IMO CCNA is the most valuable cert to start
    Liverpool FC, YNWA, JFT96.
    GERS 2015 crew

*** Misc Cigar Crew ***
    ***IT Master Race Crew*** pm me any IT questions (jobs, resume help etc...)

Angra_Mainyu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Angra_Mainyu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Angra_Mainyu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Angra_Mainyu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Angra_Mainyu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Angra_Mainyu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Angra_Mainyu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Angra_Mainyu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Angra_Mainyu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Angra_Mainyu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Angra_Mainyu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

so CCENT the best choice for getting your feet wet in IT? (help desk stuff) especially if you plan to go CCNA, or just because of becoming CCNA?

jasonpullar is a name known to all. (+5000) jasonpullar is a name known to all. (+5000) jasonpullar is a name known to all. (+5000) jasonpullar is a name known to all. (+5000) jasonpullar is a name known to all. (+5000) jasonpullar is a name known to all. (+5000) jasonpullar is a name known to all. (+5000) jasonpullar is a name known to all. (+5000) jasonpullar is a name known to all. (+5000) jasonpullar is a name known to all. (+5000) jasonpullar is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Angra_Mainyu View Post
    so CCENT the best choice for getting your feet wet in IT? (help desk stuff) especially if you plan to go CCNA, or just because of becoming CCNA?
    CCNET is the fundamentals of how networks work and how you program them with cisco specific equipment its a solid course if you want to pursue the networking field. but if you are looking for more "helpdesk/desktop support" you might want to look at A+ and or a windows server course
    GERS 2015 crew

*** Misc Cigar Crew ***

Yea, I see I'm guessing a lot of business use cisco and thats why its so indemand,

could I land something fairly quickly if i got the ccent? looks like it takes about as long as a network+/A+

Like I said as of right now, I'm just looking for something that will bump me to a decent paying job to move to a better living condition.

i have 8months working at comcast call center for tier 2 wireless router support/security system for their home security.
    6 months at a local pc shop doing backups wipes reinstalls hardware repair etc.

and just experience overall with customers,

So if ccent is the way to go what type of job would i shoot for? is there certaint titles?

Now googling and searching around a bit more CCENT is littereally entry level technician cert that is recognize perfect thanks all for the info

Yea, I see I'm guessing a lot of business use cisco and thats why its so indemand,

could I land something fairly quickly if i got the ccent? looks like it takes about as long as a network+/A+

Like I said as of right now, I'm just looking for something that will bump me to a decent paying job to move to a better living condition.

i have 8months working at comcast call center for tier 2 wireless router support/security system for their home security.

So if ccent is the way to go what type of job would i shoot for? is there certaint titles?

Now googling and searching around a bit more CCENT is littereally entry level technician cert that is recognize perfect thanks all for the info
    CCENT and CCNA are networking certs so anything networking related are the titles you should look for. ie: network admin, engineer, technician and etc.

Cisco certs are only good for networking. If you really want to specialize in networking, Cisco's certs are the god-tier standards in networking.

Alright thanks right now I'm on my 5th nugget vid, and order'd the todd lammle book as well should be coming in this friday.

Y'all have any other suggestions?

Videos seem hard to keep focus on I get distracted easily, hoping the books will engage me more just from me having to actually read and comprehend whats going on.

zafeer20 will become famous soon enough. (+50) zafeer20 will become famous soon enough. (+50) zafeer20 will become famous soon enough. (+50) zafeer20 will become famous soon enough. (+50) zafeer20 will become famous soon enough. (+50) zafeer20 will become famous soon enough. (+50) zafeer20 will become famous soon enough. (+50) zafeer20 will become famous soon enough. (+50) zafeer20 will become famous soon enough. (+50) zafeer20 will become famous soon enough. (+50) zafeer20 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Anyone in the NOVA/DC area that can hook it up with a helpdesk or entry level job? I have my A+ and ITIL v3 Foundation. Thanks.

TBH you would be better off just getting your CCNA or you can take the CCNA in 2 parts

look for anything network support or network analyst IMO go with a smaller company or enterprise stay away from the Telcos as you wont get to see as much/or have control to make changes

PM me i have a bunch of material for you
    GERS 2015 crew

*** Misc Cigar Crew ***

Alright thanks right now I'm on my 5th nugget vid, and order'd the todd lammle book as well should be coming in this friday.

Y'all have any other suggestions?

Videos seem hard to keep focus on I get distracted easily, hoping the books will engage me more just from me having to actually read and comprehend whats going on.
    cybex books are the GOAT especially Todd Lammle
    GERS 2015 crew

*** Misc Cigar Crew ***

TonyNail is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TonyNail is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TonyNail is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TonyNail is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TonyNail is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TonyNail is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TonyNail is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TonyNail is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TonyNail is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TonyNail is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TonyNail is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I have a question about helpdesk work. I got my associates degree in 2002 and worked for a school district for a few years. Currently, I have A+, Security + and CCNA. I am 4 classes away from getting my BS in Information Technology and doing a double major in Information Security with the addition of 5 other classes. My question is in helpdesk do you troubleshoot over the phone and/or remotely? When I worked for the schools my troubleshooting was always hands on, what is the working environment like for helpdesk? What is to be expected since I will likely start in one of these positions.

Originally Posted by jasonpullar View Post
    cybex books are the GOAT especially Todd Lammle
    Hey just letting you know sent a PM I'm sure it ill ping you and let you know.

and as well I see your a member of the always pick 4 crew good good haha.

mvpshaq32 is a name known to all. (+5000) mvpshaq32 is a name known to all. (+5000) mvpshaq32 is a name known to all. (+5000) mvpshaq32 is a name known to all. (+5000) mvpshaq32 is a name known to all. (+5000) mvpshaq32 is a name known to all. (+5000) mvpshaq32 is a name known to all. (+5000) mvpshaq32 is a name known to all. (+5000) mvpshaq32 is a name known to all. (+5000) mvpshaq32 is a name known to all. (+5000) mvpshaq32 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    What is typical pay/hours/work life like for someone with a CCNA?

And if you don't work at Cisco, is there any point in getting one of their certifications?

awds is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) awds is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) awds is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) awds is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) awds is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) awds is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) awds is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) awds is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) awds is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) awds is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) awds is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Is IT still a good field to get into now? How is the barrier to entry? Can you get away with just getting certifications or would you need a bachelor? How hard is it to obtain experience as a newcomer?
    USMC - Semper Fi and Semper Fit.
    ++ Positive Crew ++

Originally Posted by mvpshaq32 View Post
    What is typical pay/hours/work life like for someone with a CCNA?

And if you don't work at Cisco, is there any point in getting one of their certifications?
    I estimate $20-30/hr depending on experience and company. If you work for a NOC or datacenter you'll be on the upper end of the payscale but expect 60hrs a week because you'll be on call.

If you want to get into networking, Cisco certs are god-tier.

Originally Posted by awds View Post
    Is IT still a good field to get into now? How is the barrier to entry? Can you get away with just getting certifications or would you need a bachelor? How hard is it to obtain experience as a newcomer?
    Depends on where in IT you want to specialize desktop and helpdesk is a horrible career choice in IT unless you want to become a manager. Certs are great but a combo of both is even better and is preferred by HR that their management have degrees even if its just associates.

If you're not in school it's going to be tough getting experience on your own since most schools have internship programs. I would apply to internship positions just to get experience.

Originally Posted by TonyNail View Post
    I have a question about helpdesk work. I got my associates degree in 2002 and worked for a school district for a few years. Currently, I have A+, Security + and CCNA. I am 4 classes away from getting my BS in Information Technology and doing a double major in Information Security with the addition of 5 other classes. My question is in helpdesk do you troubleshoot over the phone and/or remotely? When I worked for the schools my troubleshooting was always hands on, what is the working environment like for helpdesk? What is to be expected since I will likely start in one of these positions.
    I do both. However im in the NOC and not with helpdesk, but I do get very vague networking tickets that have been escalated to my group from the helpdesk and have to call/email the user to clarify. Most of the problems I've encountered working in networking are user errors.
    Last edited by SynapticCleft; 05-09-2015 at 06:10 AM.

mvpshaq32 is a name known to all. (+5000) mvpshaq32 is a name known to all. (+5000) mvpshaq32 is a name known to all. (+5000) mvpshaq32 is a name known to all. (+5000) mvpshaq32 is a name known to all. (+5000) mvpshaq32 is a name known to all. (+5000) mvpshaq32 is a name known to all. (+5000) mvpshaq32 is a name known to all. (+5000) mvpshaq32 is a name known to all. (+5000) mvpshaq32 is a name known to all. (+5000) mvpshaq32 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I estimate $20-30/hr depending on experience and company. If you work for a NOC or datacenter you'll be on the upper end of the payscale but expect 60hrs a week because you'll be on call.

reps on recharge. $20-$30 doesn't seem like much of an improvement from my current position, but my engineering job right now is pretty boring with lots of downtime but still stuck in the lab. That's why I want to know if IT is like that too before I decide to pursue the certs. Downtime is no problemo as long as I don't have someone supervising me 24/7 and pretending to have to work, but I'd still rather have duties to manage.

cRise is a name known to all. (+5000) cRise is a name known to all. (+5000) cRise is a name known to all. (+5000) cRise is a name known to all. (+5000) cRise is a name known to all. (+5000) cRise is a name known to all. (+5000) cRise is a name known to all. (+5000) cRise is a name known to all. (+5000) cRise is a name known to all. (+5000) cRise is a name known to all. (+5000) cRise is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Best way to find a summer job?

living in nyc btw.
    If you are a fitness photographer with at least a few years of experience, I may be interested in your work. PM for more details

saint sinner x is just really nice. (+1000) saint sinner x is just really nice. (+1000) saint sinner x is just really nice. (+1000) saint sinner x is just really nice. (+1000) saint sinner x is just really nice. (+1000) saint sinner x is just really nice. (+1000) saint sinner x is just really nice. (+1000) saint sinner x is just really nice. (+1000) saint sinner x is just really nice. (+1000) saint sinner x is just really nice. (+1000) saint sinner x is just really nice. (+1000)
    I want to break into the IT field as soon as possible entry level I have no experience in the field. However what cheap certifications can I get that will guranteed me a high paying job of at least $20.00 bucks per hour wage and also where can I learn this information & does anyone know if NYC is a good city to becoming an IT pro?
    "Man is pupil, Pain is his teacher"

- Chinese Proverb

awds is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) awds is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) awds is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) awds is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) awds is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) awds is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) awds is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) awds is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) awds is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) awds is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) awds is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

Depends on where in IT you want to specialize desktop and helpdesk is a horrible career choice in IT unless you want to become a manager. Certs are great but a combo of both is even better and is preferred by HR that their management have degrees even if its just associates.

If you're not in school it's going to be tough getting experience on your own since most schools have internship programs. I would apply to internship positions just to get experience.

I do both. However im in the NOC and not with helpdesk, but I do get very vague networking tickets that have been escalated to my group from the helpdesk and have to call/email the user to clarify. Most of the problems I've encountered working in networking are user errors.
    Thanks for the reply. Do most schools have a built in internship into their programs or is it easier to get internships as a computer major? Also what type of major would you recommend as IT is a pretty board field? Is there a lot of programming involved? And lastly, is versatility more dependent on what you specialize in?
    USMC - Semper Fi and Semper Fit.
    ++ Positive Crew ++

Not AfricanAmerican (srs) JayC24's Avatar
    JayC24 is just really nice. (+1000) JayC24 is just really nice. (+1000) JayC24 is just really nice. (+1000) JayC24 is just really nice. (+1000) JayC24 is just really nice. (+1000) JayC24 is just really nice. (+1000) JayC24 is just really nice. (+1000) JayC24 is just really nice. (+1000) JayC24 is just really nice. (+1000) JayC24 is just really nice. (+1000) JayC24 is just really nice. (+1000)
    last three help desk jobs i put in for i didn't even get an interview, just emails saying the position has been filled internally or by another candidate. other than that there are nothing but NOC technicians, network analyst, and network/system admin jobs open around here and pretty much zero chance i'm getting either of those.

still trying to make it....
    Type 1 ginger that took MT2 for 5+ years and now getting mistaken for African descent crew:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=167225761

Finasteride or die crew:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=172813221

Originally Posted by awds View Post
    Thanks for the reply. Do most schools have a built in internship into their programs or is it easier to get internships as a computer major? Also what type of major would you recommend as IT is a pretty board field? Is there a lot of programming involved? And lastly, is versatility more dependent on what you specialize in?
    Some schools have lousy internship programs. I recommend going to a school and hitting up their career center or part of the school that hooks students up with jobs/internships and see what they offer in the IT world.

I can't really recommend a major since I don't know what part of IT you like? I changed alot, I initially wanted to focus on desktop systems but helpdesk isnt something you want to shoot for as a long term career. I then discovered networking and preferred it over desktops system since it reminded me of DIgimon! (srs) I then got a internship as a server admin so I got heavily interested in virtual machines and server administration.

My major was a generic IT major with a focus on Networking, however the program was far more robust than the other IT majors since it involved lots of classes with windows and linux server administration. My programming was very basic (Java, simple windows batch and a brief crash course in Python). Networking devices are easy to program however learning the concepts and logic are the toughest parts (ie. vlans, subnets and routing). But if you focus on the basics like switches and routers the ASA, Ironports, load-balancers will be easy to pickup.

There is more money in parts of IT where you have to do some programming.