Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    Ronnie87 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ronnie87 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ronnie87 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ronnie87 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ronnie87 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ronnie87 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ronnie87 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ronnie87 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ronnie87 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ronnie87 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ronnie87 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    My girlfriends wage is 3x my own, she struggles with money whereas I know where every penny of my money goes. I know what I can and cannot spend and put away money each week, if there's a cheaper way of doing something I will. I don't spend money on **** I don't need, if I want something I save up a bit each week till I can afford it.
    PC Master Race

245/315/435 B/S/DL

boostinawd is just really nice. (+1000) boostinawd is just really nice. (+1000) boostinawd is just really nice. (+1000) boostinawd is just really nice. (+1000) boostinawd is just really nice. (+1000) boostinawd is just really nice. (+1000) boostinawd is just really nice. (+1000) boostinawd is just really nice. (+1000) boostinawd is just really nice. (+1000) boostinawd is just really nice. (+1000) boostinawd is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by diminishedlogic View Post
    yeah dude its called money is not happiness.

your priorities are messed up bc whats more important to you. saving 2 measly dollars a day or enjoying a warm beverage in the morning.

To me my body and personal feelings are more important than saving a buck.
    Agreed. You can be cheap for most of your life and save until you have millions in your account when you're older, or you can spend your money as it comes along. In the end one might be a millionaire and the other? Well, he might not have as much money but at least he lived his life.

Money doesn't only buy you material things. You can also spend them on experiences that otherwise you would miss out on because you'd rather not spend the extra money on a road trip with your buddies, or a vacation with your family just because they're not necessary.

In the end, everyone will die. It might be today, tomorrow, or 70 years from now. Whether you have millions or a measly dollar in your bank account when you finally do die, you won't be able to take any of it with you. I work hard for my money, and I intend to keep spending it on things that I enjoy.

GivenToFly55 is just really nice. (+1000) GivenToFly55 is just really nice. (+1000) GivenToFly55 is just really nice. (+1000) GivenToFly55 is just really nice. (+1000) GivenToFly55 is just really nice. (+1000) GivenToFly55 is just really nice. (+1000) GivenToFly55 is just really nice. (+1000) GivenToFly55 is just really nice. (+1000) GivenToFly55 is just really nice. (+1000) GivenToFly55 is just really nice. (+1000) GivenToFly55 is just really nice. (+1000)
    I like to find the middle ground. I'm not gonna buy a car I cant afford, as I currently live in the city and only own a bike.

But I'm not gonna skip dinner at fine restaurants, nights at the bar, or buying the occasional nice item, so that I can have a few extra G's a few years down the road.
    1k+

seanb1979 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) seanb1979 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) seanb1979 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) seanb1979 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) seanb1979 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) seanb1979 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) seanb1979 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) seanb1979 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) seanb1979 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) seanb1979 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) seanb1979 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by diab0licbmx View Post
    100% agree.

Dad is one, Doesn't buy a thing unless he thinks about it for two weeks. Cheap brand clothes, buys everythign on sale, we hardly ever go out. etc.

Another guy that was a millionaire wanted to play poker but was freaking out that 20$ buy in was too expensive.

They're millionaires because all the care about is money and want to have a lot of it. Willing to sacrifice a lot to get as much as it as possible and not let it go.

Edit: But then i know people who make 4-500k a year and go on trips all the time out of no where. buy expensive stuff all the time.

Goes both ways.

I save because I am deathly scared of being poor and not being able to support myself. If i ever have a family, i want them to be free and not have to worry about money that m uch.
    well im sorry that guy was just a cheap bastard... if youre not dumb you can stretch that out for a fairly enjoyable poker night, especially if you have pot limits
    A million miles away - I don't.. feel.... anything.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PXGZu4yxjW0

Bunpitsu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Bunpitsu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Bunpitsu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Bunpitsu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Bunpitsu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Bunpitsu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Bunpitsu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Bunpitsu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Bunpitsu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Bunpitsu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Bunpitsu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Actually, that's not necessarily true. I've known/still know two multi-millionaires in my life, and this is how they lived their life:

1. 70 year old guy, divorced, and dates a 40-something year old woman. Deals in oil, regularly makes trips overseas. Dresses like ****, rarely goes to restaurants, and when he does drop cash, it's almost always to do with house renovation/income, and very rarely for personal pleasure.

2. Late forties guy, recently divorced, and business continues to grow. Goes to expensive restaurants 2 - 4 times a week, has 3 regular cars (Land Rover, Mercedes and BMW) and spends stupid amounts of money catering to both his children and current girlfriend's children. Takes out small loans throughout the month (as he's maxed his cards, despite making huge bank), and pays them off the following month. European vacations 1 - 4 times a month, and domestic vacations half as much. Spends a lot on suits.

Two completely different lifestyles really. It doesn't take an idiot to conclude that the second guy is living life more by the seat of his pants, though he's been doing that for 20 years, and it hasn't bitten him in the arse yet. The first guy, however, has several dozen properties, including a block of student flats, so his fortune is more than likely going to last several generations.
    thinks of his mother when fapping CREW
    prefers butthole to pussy CREW
    closet homo CREW
    salvation army told me to get my schit together CREW
    couldn't score a 2/10 so became gay crew
    no gay men interested in me CREW
    thought piercings would improve my aesthetics CREW
    piercings infected, look worse than i did before CREW

jungsanima will become famous soon enough. (+50) jungsanima will become famous soon enough. (+50) jungsanima will become famous soon enough. (+50) jungsanima will become famous soon enough. (+50) jungsanima will become famous soon enough. (+50) jungsanima will become famous soon enough. (+50) jungsanima will become famous soon enough. (+50) jungsanima will become famous soon enough. (+50) jungsanima will become famous soon enough. (+50) jungsanima will become famous soon enough. (+50) jungsanima will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Jyeatbvg View Post
    Anyone of any race can become rich if they spend frugally (srs). There is no race element because you decide how you spend your money, not anyone else.
    Millions of people all around the world spend less than a dollar a day on food and other necessities.

The concept of frugality by itself will not necessarily lead one to wealth over time - but it is an integral component in the entire equation.

Humor us however: what exactly are your qualifications? Degrees perhaps? Do you have a financial portfolio to back up your claims regarding your future 'balling' status?

Keeping your money in the bank over time is most definitely a wise decision - but long-term inflation will kill any of the profits to be gained brought upon by compounded interest rates.

Warren Buffet and Bill Gates didn't just sit around doing nothing - they took risks with their money.

Candees is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Candees is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Candees is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Candees is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Candees is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Candees is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Candees is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Candees is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Candees is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Candees is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Candees is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by NCK MIZ View Post
    Not necessarily true. In Millionaire next door they talked to plenty of millionaire's that were teachers and electricians. It has to do with living beyond your means.

If you only spend 30k a year and make 60k a year for 30 years. Boom you are a millionaire.
    You forgot:

*investments*

Bar182 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bar182 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bar182 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bar182 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bar182 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bar182 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bar182 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bar182 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bar182 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bar182 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bar182 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Bunpitsu View Post
    Actually, that's not necessarily true. I've known/still know two multi-millionaires in my life, and this is how they lived their life:

1. 70 year old guy, divorced, and dates a 40-something year old woman. Deals in oil, regularly makes trips overseas. Dresses like ****, rarely goes to restaurants, and when he does drop cash, it's almost always to do with house renovation/income, and very rarely for personal pleasure.

2. Late forties guy, recently divorced, and business continues to grow. Goes to expensive restaurants 2 - 4 times a week, has 3 regular cars (Land Rover, Mercedes and BMW) and spends stupid amounts of money catering to both his children and current girlfriend's children. Takes out small loans throughout the month (as he's maxed his cards, despite making huge bank), and pays them off the following month. European vacations 1 - 4 times a month, and domestic vacations half as much. Spends a lot on suits.

Two completely different lifestyles really. It doesn't take an idiot to conclude that the second guy is living life more by the seat of his pants, though he's been doing that for 20 years, and it hasn't bitten him in the arse yet. The first guy, however, has several dozen properties, including a block of student flats, so his fortune is more than likely going to last several generations.
    70 year old millionaire will be dead soon without so much as enjoying his life so he can create a dynasty so his spoiled ass kids can piss his money up the wall. That is no way to live.

Jyeatbvg has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jyeatbvg has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jyeatbvg has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jyeatbvg has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jyeatbvg has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jyeatbvg has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jyeatbvg has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jyeatbvg has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jyeatbvg has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jyeatbvg has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jyeatbvg has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by jungsanima View Post
    Millions of people all around the world spend less than a dollar a day on food and other necessities.

The concept of frugality by itself will not necessarily lead one to wealth over time - but it is an integral component in the entire equation.

Humor us however: what exactly are your qualifications? Degrees perhaps? Do you have a financial portfolio to back up your claims regarding your future 'balling' status?

Keeping your money in the bank over time is most definitely a wise decision - but long-term inflation will kill any of the profits to be gained brought upon by compounded interest rates.

Warren Buffet and Bill Gates didn't just sit around doing nothing - they took risks with their money.
    True, good post - agreed with everything (especially the bolded part).

Race I'm referring to is someone's nationality/ethnic background, not where they live. The concept of this thread can't apply to someone living in a place which doesn't allow them the chance to spend frugally.

My qualifications don't matter. I'm not an advisor or a consultant, I didn't promise anyone anything. These are my views and you can take them for what they're worth or try to revoke them.
    Leafs, Raptors, Jays, umad?

ssj9mysticgoku is just really nice. (+1000) ssj9mysticgoku is just really nice. (+1000) ssj9mysticgoku is just really nice. (+1000) ssj9mysticgoku is just really nice. (+1000) ssj9mysticgoku is just really nice. (+1000) ssj9mysticgoku is just really nice. (+1000) ssj9mysticgoku is just really nice. (+1000) ssj9mysticgoku is just really nice. (+1000) ssj9mysticgoku is just really nice. (+1000) ssj9mysticgoku is just really nice. (+1000) ssj9mysticgoku is just really nice. (+1000)
    My ideal life would be having a million by age 30, by then figuring out a way to make a high income while only doing 20 hrs a week, and then doing whatever the hell I want.

Some things to include
    -Make a viral youtube video
    -Be a highly ranked starcraft 3 or legacy of void player (lettuce be real tea they are continueing the series) and win a major tournament
    -Have a GIANT network of friends that I can crash at their place, otherwise couch surf or a cheap hostel
    -Have either a cheap yet very fast car, probably a 1985 supra with some engine work, and do stupid **** on the high way all the time, pay expensive lawyers to get myself out of tickets
    -either that or a nice bike
    -go on road trips/travel a **** ton
    -and then once i'm 60+ i'll probably start to own the hotels in major cities i like, get an advanced degree in physics or law if I'm still interested in those subjects and maybe write a book.

jungsanima will become famous soon enough. (+50) jungsanima will become famous soon enough. (+50) jungsanima will become famous soon enough. (+50) jungsanima will become famous soon enough. (+50) jungsanima will become famous soon enough. (+50) jungsanima will become famous soon enough. (+50) jungsanima will become famous soon enough. (+50) jungsanima will become famous soon enough. (+50) jungsanima will become famous soon enough. (+50) jungsanima will become famous soon enough. (+50) jungsanima will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Bar182 View Post
    70 year old millionaire will be dead soon without so much as enjoying his life so he can create a dynasty so his spoiled ass kids can piss his money up the wall. That is no way to live.
    Man has a point. But attempting to define contentment in such a subjective manner is pretty unfair in my opinion.

Not everyone wants to live that sort of life. Some people are just content being able to live life without having to worry about some of the more basic things.

schabowy90 is a name known to all. (+5000) schabowy90 is a name known to all. (+5000) schabowy90 is a name known to all. (+5000) schabowy90 is a name known to all. (+5000) schabowy90 is a name known to all. (+5000) schabowy90 is a name known to all. (+5000) schabowy90 is a name known to all. (+5000) schabowy90 is a name known to all. (+5000) schabowy90 is a name known to all. (+5000) schabowy90 is a name known to all. (+5000) schabowy90 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    OP you need to realize people have different goals and more importantly the things that make people happy will define their future.

I don't go out to bars every weekend, i invest in stock with extra money sitting in the bank, there's a couple things I could buy for a grand or so but never did because It wouldn't make me "happy". Some people find happiness in many material goods. Others don't care for materials THUS saving their money in the long run by default. It's more of a personality thing.

All i need is a gym and food to be content really. Don't get me wrong I go out in college but rarely spend money on alcohol. House parties free alcohol etc.

I'm blessed I have an aunt in Poland so I can travel around Europe every few years, but that's something that can wait for when I'm wealthier to do it alone .

Most importantly op. lots of people our age just don't give a ****. They live in the now. Disregard past and future.
    Snatch: 122
    CJ: 142

Log: http://adamkosna.blogspot.com/

Tyr616 is just really nice. (+1000) Tyr616 is just really nice. (+1000) Tyr616 is just really nice. (+1000) Tyr616 is just really nice. (+1000) Tyr616 is just really nice. (+1000) Tyr616 is just really nice. (+1000) Tyr616 is just really nice. (+1000) Tyr616 is just really nice. (+1000) Tyr616 is just really nice. (+1000) Tyr616 is just really nice. (+1000) Tyr616 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Personally, I dgaf about retirement. I'll save for "emergencies" and whatever. But my goal in life isn't to get to the end so I can do nothing. The point of your life isnt getting to the end so you can retire and begin living imo. I get fulfillment from the work I do, it's a huge part of my life. Besides, who knows if you are even lucky enough to make it to a retirement age. Let the flames begin.

Electric has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Electric has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Electric has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Electric has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Electric has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Electric has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Electric has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Electric has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Electric has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Electric has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Electric has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    the point here is simply that the earlier in life you achieve 'millionaire' status or become financially backed by some stable and significant source of passive income, the earlier you can allow yourself to be set free and released from the chains of the 'rat race'/9 to 5/making someone else a millionaire lifestyle and begin to live the way you truly want to live without having to worry about money and the financial consequences that would otherwise occur.

Whereas others may prefer to spend the money as it appears and enjoy themselves regularly while being careful not to go overboard and do not mind dealing with the consequences

I think that's what OP is getting at. There's no right or wrong but I do agree with OP in that sense. I would much rather spend the second half or so of my life living it how I want, when I want, where I want, than living my whole life feeling the squeeze of money's grip holding me by the balls and the stress that can come with that.

arya24 is just really nice. (+1000) arya24 is just really nice. (+1000) arya24 is just really nice. (+1000) arya24 is just really nice. (+1000) arya24 is just really nice. (+1000) arya24 is just really nice. (+1000) arya24 is just really nice. (+1000) arya24 is just really nice. (+1000) arya24 is just really nice. (+1000) arya24 is just really nice. (+1000) arya24 is just really nice. (+1000)
    worry about the present brah. enjoy yourself now cause u dont know what going to happen later in your life (srs)

arn710 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) arn710 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) arn710 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) arn710 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) arn710 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) arn710 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) arn710 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) arn710 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) arn710 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) arn710 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) arn710 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Being frugal is the only way many of us will become millionaires
    Training log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=165829701

mug is a name known to all. (+5000) mug is a name known to all. (+5000) mug is a name known to all. (+5000) mug is a name known to all. (+5000) mug is a name known to all. (+5000) mug is a name known to all. (+5000) mug is a name known to all. (+5000) mug is a name known to all. (+5000) mug is a name known to all. (+5000) mug is a name known to all. (+5000) mug is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by ssj9mysticgoku View Post
    My ideal life would be having a million by age 30, by then figuring out a way to make a high income while only doing 20 hrs a week, and then doing whatever the hell I want.

Some things to include
    -Make a viral youtube video
    -Be a highly ranked starcraft 3 or legacy of void player (lettuce be real tea they are continueing the series) and win a major tournament
    -Have a GIANT network of friends that I can crash at their place, otherwise couch surf or a cheap hostel
    -Have either a cheap yet very fast car, probably a 1985 supra with some engine work, and do stupid **** on the high way all the time, pay expensive lawyers to get myself out of tickets
    -either that or a nice bike
    -go on road trips/travel a **** ton
    -and then once i'm 60+ i'll probably start to own the hotels in major cities i like, get an advanced degree in physics or law if I'm still interested in those subjects and maybe write a book.
    You should aim a little higher bro
    "The invisible and the non-existent look very much alike" - Delos McKown

"Suppose there was an intelligence, vast and unknowable. Suppose it lit the big bang, suppose it wrote the laws of physics, and has been subtly moulding the universe for 14 billion years. Now keep a straight face and tell me that it cares where you stick your dick."

raydome will become famous soon enough. (+50) raydome will become famous soon enough. (+50) raydome will become famous soon enough. (+50) raydome will become famous soon enough. (+50) raydome will become famous soon enough. (+50) raydome will become famous soon enough. (+50) raydome will become famous soon enough. (+50) raydome will become famous soon enough. (+50) raydome will become famous soon enough. (+50) raydome will become famous soon enough. (+50) raydome will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    i'm doing the same thing myself, save as much as I can cause I know that no matter what I buy I will get bored of it after a week or less.

RunAndPunch is not very helpful. (-500) RunAndPunch is not very helpful. (-500) RunAndPunch is not very helpful. (-500) RunAndPunch is not very helpful. (-500) RunAndPunch is not very helpful. (-500) RunAndPunch is not very helpful. (-500) RunAndPunch is not very helpful. (-500) RunAndPunch is not very helpful. (-500) RunAndPunch is not very helpful. (-500) RunAndPunch is not very helpful. (-500) RunAndPunch is not very helpful. (-500)
    There are two types of millionaires

1) those with the capitalistic mindset

2) those without the capitalistic mindset

For millionaires with the capitalistic mindset, they got rich either through making a product or through smart investment. Both methods require the ability and willingness to save money and see value in things that don't cost so much. Once they have cultivated the habit of being frugal--which is necessary ate the beginning when they have not made their money yet--they tend to maintain their frugality even when they are rich/

For the second kind of millionaire, the ones without the capitalistic mindset, they tend to not have the habit of being frugal. An example is an actor such as Justin Timberlake, whose IQ is below 125. Mr. Timberlake has extreme attachment to his expensive possessions. Evidence of this is the show Punk'd with Ashton Kutcher, where Ashton Kutcher sent a bunch of guys pretending to be IRS agents to Justin's million-dollar mansion and made him think that due to tax irregularities they had to take away all his possessions. At this point, Mr. Tiberlake fell for the prank and started crying. Now do you think that the first kind of millionaire would start crying in this situation? No, he would calmly and rationally assess the situation and think about what to do next, i.e. call a lawyer, either that or figure out that someone is playing a prank on him. However, Mr. Timberlake did not do that, what he did was cry and then took out his cell phone and called his mom. Keep in mind that this was in 2001, when Mr. Timberlake had already made a fortune from his boyband 'N SYNC. In fact, the evidence of Mr. Timberlake's non-capitalistic mindset can be seen in the kinds of products that he produces. Most of the time he does not write his own music, indicating a lack of creativity. Capitalists have creativity. Mr. Timberlake does not, although he does have millions of dollars.

Kane_89 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kane_89 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kane_89 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kane_89 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kane_89 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kane_89 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kane_89 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kane_89 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kane_89 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kane_89 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kane_89 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    1. Lol @ the retards that say "why have money if u cant spend it!?", "livin life to da fullest, no savings..u mad?"

2. Lol @ the ones who think being frugal with their jobs for 30-40 yrs is going to get them anywhere.

The rich know that money is a tool, not something to blow. Capitalism is making money with money, If you are a wage earner, your life is dependent on a limited, fixed income, You make money then spend it on useless **** and you wonder why youre broke? The rich earn their living by "buying cheap and selling dear", they make money...then use that money to make MORE money. They dont get paychecks, they dont have a fixed amount they make a yr, they make profits, not wages.

So many financially illiterate people in America its mind blowing.
    MIKE TYSON: "When you see me smash somebody's skull, you'll enjoy it."

"I try to catch him right on the tip of the nose, because I try to push the bone into the brain."

"It's ludicrous these mortals even attempt to enter my realm."

"I can sell out Madison Square Garden masturbating"

"I'll f**k you till you love me f**got!"

"I just want to conquer people and their souls"

Uberknee has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Uberknee has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Uberknee has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Uberknee has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Uberknee has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Uberknee has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Uberknee has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Uberknee has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Uberknee has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Uberknee has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Uberknee has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by Electric View Post
    the point here is simply that the earlier in life you achieve 'millionaire' status or become financially backed by some stable and significant source of passive income, the earlier you can allow yourself to be set free and released from the chains of the 'rat race'/9 to 5/making someone else a millionaire lifestyle and begin to live the way you truly want to live without having to worry about money and the financial consequences that would otherwise occur.

Whereas others may prefer to spend the money as it appears and enjoy themselves regularly while being careful not to go overboard and do not mind dealing with the consequences

I think that's what OP is getting at. There's no right or wrong but I do agree with OP in that sense. I would much rather spend the second half or so of my life living it how I want, when I want, where I want, than living my whole life feeling the squeeze of money's grip holding me by the balls and the stress that can come with that.
    Thinking like this is the problem. I'm far from a millionaire but I do everything I want already. Why wait for future that may never come? What if there's another great depression, world war III turns earth into a nuclear wasteland or you die from a tragic space toilet mishap. Focus on making life great now. You don't have to be stupid about it and put yourself in a position where your later life is going to be terrible. If you focus on always making the present great and you always live in the present, then your life will be great.

Huke is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Huke is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Huke is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Huke is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Huke is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Huke is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Huke is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Huke is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Huke is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Huke is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Huke is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Uberknee View Post
    Thinking like this is the problem. I'm far from a millionaire but I do everything I want already. Why wait for future that may never come? What if there's another great depression, world war III turns earth into a nuclear wasteland or you die from a tragic space toilet mishap. Focus on making life great now. You don't have to be stupid about it and put yourself in a position where your later life is going to be terrible. If you focus on always making the present great and you always live in the present, then your life will be great.
    The real tea is that most people want that millionaire lifestyle to make their life great. To get it, they spend a bunch of cash that isn't theirs. When the loan gets called in, they can't pay and lose those things that made their life great. And then some.

If you play it smart and put off the need for that immediate satisfaction from time to time, you can work your way up to a very good lifestyle without having to hurt a whole lot for it later. And still enjoy things along the way.

iceypain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iceypain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iceypain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iceypain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iceypain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iceypain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iceypain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iceypain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iceypain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iceypain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iceypain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    keeping money is the hard part.

Jyeatbvg has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jyeatbvg has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jyeatbvg has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jyeatbvg has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jyeatbvg has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jyeatbvg has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jyeatbvg has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jyeatbvg has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jyeatbvg has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jyeatbvg has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jyeatbvg has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I see where you're coming from, but I think if you live your life like this there will be no stability. You're right that any one of us can be gone tomorrow. But say you don't suddenly die - say you live a long, full life. Will living 'in the moment' provide you with the financial means possible to maintain that 'making the present great' mentality? For you perhaps. But for me there are many things I know I can't achieve if I live like you do.

Anyone can make life great while being thrifty. That's the point of this thread.
    Leafs, Raptors, Jays, umad?

EnderG60 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EnderG60 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EnderG60 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EnderG60 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EnderG60 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EnderG60 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EnderG60 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EnderG60 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EnderG60 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EnderG60 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EnderG60 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    My dad is cheap as hell(yes jew) made his own money in real estate and worked his ass off for it. He is currently worth over 3 mil, but you would never know it.

He NEVER buys himself anything he needs(new cloths), never buys anything he wants unless we make him(i MADE him buy a new laptop a few months ago because his was so old and crappy) and he will never take a vacation unless we make him.

He sits around and stresses about his stocks and doesnt have much fun(again unless we make him)

Could I do the same, yeah sure, but I wont! There is more to life then money man, and yeah saving and being rich is nice but if you dont have any fun along the way whats the point?

I sure as hell dont want to wait to get my race car or travel when Im retired and cant enjoy it!

Find a happy medium and stop worrying about crap that doesnt matter.

Uberknee has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Uberknee has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Uberknee has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Uberknee has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Uberknee has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Uberknee has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Uberknee has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Uberknee has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Uberknee has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Uberknee has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Uberknee has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by Huke View Post
    The real tea is that most people want that millionaire lifestyle to make their life great. To get it, they spend a bunch of cash that isn't theirs. When the loan gets called in, they can't pay and lose those things that made their life great. And then some.

If you play it smart and put off the need for that immediate satisfaction from time to time, you can work your way up to a very good lifestyle without having to hurt a whole lot for it later.
    It's because people's priorities are all wrong. Thinking that a millionaire lifestyle will make you happy is basically thinking that money makes you happy, which is doesn't.

People either saving to get that lifestyle in the future or over spending today to get it now are both approaching life in the completely wrong way. Life is about the friends you make, the laughs you have, your first blowjob, the movie that blew your mind and the song that got you through the tough times, the time you finally benched 225 after working at it for years, the first time you fail at something you desperately wanted to achieve, when you pulled your mate out of a fight, got smacked in the face for your efforts and would do it again in a heart beat.

If you learn to love the life you have, you'll find that you'll be happy with $50k/year or $500k/year.

For Real.

Footballguru is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Footballguru is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Footballguru is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Footballguru is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Footballguru is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Footballguru is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Footballguru is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Footballguru is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Footballguru is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Footballguru is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Footballguru is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    "You dont get rich by spending money" - A man who is a millionaire and very close to me.
    u mad i value liberty over equality?

"From each according to what he chooses to do, to each according to what he makes for himself (perhaps with the contracted aid of others) and what others choose to do for him and choose to give him of what they've been given previously and haven't yet expended or transfered." -Nozick

tauqs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tauqs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tauqs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tauqs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tauqs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tauqs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tauqs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tauqs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tauqs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tauqs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tauqs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by GNoulez View Post
    First of all 1 million isn't worth nearly as much as it used to do. Second, who wants to just wait around for 30 years until he's got a million? There are way more effective ways of becoming a millionaire, providing you with the means to live your life however you want it.
    This 30 year and you cant even buy a house in a nice neighbourhood. If you do want to be cheap chek out reddit frugal.

Huke is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Huke is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Huke is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Huke is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Huke is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Huke is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Huke is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Huke is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Huke is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Huke is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Huke is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    It's because people's priorities are all wrong. Thinking that a millionaire lifestyle will make you happy is basically thinking that money makes you happy, which is doesn't.

People either saving to get that lifestyle in the future or over spending today to get it now are both approaching life in the completely wrong way. Life is about the friends you make, the laughs you have, your first blowjob, the movie that blew your mind and the song that got you through the tough times, the time you finally benched 225 after working at it for years, the first time you fail at something you desperately wanted to achieve, when you pulled your mate out of a fight, got smacked in the face for your efforts and would do it again in a heart beat.

If you learn to love the life you have, you'll find that you'll be happy with $50k/year or $500k/year.

For Real.
    I agree entirely with you that real experiences, relationships, etc... are what make life worth it.

However, although money doesn't make you happy, in our culture, not having money can make you terribly unhappy. Having that extra stress in your life can also create tension in the more substantial parts of it. More than one relationship has ended over inability to deal with money troubles.

QB_Killa is a name known to all. (+5000) QB_Killa is a name known to all. (+5000) QB_Killa is a name known to all. (+5000) QB_Killa is a name known to all. (+5000) QB_Killa is a name known to all. (+5000) QB_Killa is a name known to all. (+5000) QB_Killa is a name known to all. (+5000) QB_Killa is a name known to all. (+5000) QB_Killa is a name known to all. (+5000) QB_Killa is a name known to all. (+5000) QB_Killa is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I feel sorry for people who's entire life revolves around money. Of course we all need money to live a decent standard of life but when money becomes more important than the things it allows you to do...well at that point you have my pity.