Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5
    user89491561 will become famous soon enough. (+50) user89491561 will become famous soon enough. (+50) user89491561 will become famous soon enough. (+50) user89491561 will become famous soon enough. (+50) user89491561 will become famous soon enough. (+50) user89491561 will become famous soon enough. (+50) user89491561 will become famous soon enough. (+50) user89491561 will become famous soon enough. (+50) user89491561 will become famous soon enough. (+50) user89491561 will become famous soon enough. (+50) user89491561 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Love this thread!! Lol

BIEN_DIESEL is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BIEN_DIESEL is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BIEN_DIESEL is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BIEN_DIESEL is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BIEN_DIESEL is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BIEN_DIESEL is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BIEN_DIESEL is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BIEN_DIESEL is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BIEN_DIESEL is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BIEN_DIESEL is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BIEN_DIESEL is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by LexiLei08 View Post
    Love this thread!! Lol
    bc u love me lexi
    Fictional character
    Natural just means you're able to beat a piss test, doesn't mean anything about the truth.
    1500lbs bench,squat,dl, u mad?
    5'11-6 FEET,210-228LBS
    personal trainer
    aiming to be 260-280lbs of fearfull mass
    max bench,545lbs 11/23/10 565lbs 7/11/11
    barbell curl 185lbs, 175lbs 4 reps 9/1/09
    leg press 1345lbs
    squat 455lbs 9/5/09 sciatic nerve damage
    deadlift 580lbs
    shurgs 865lbs reps
    lil 20.5 inch arms
    FULL VIETNAMESE DU MA! u mad?

Miss_Bella has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Miss_Bella has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Smile..

BIEN_DIESEL is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BIEN_DIESEL is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BIEN_DIESEL is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BIEN_DIESEL is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BIEN_DIESEL is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BIEN_DIESEL is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BIEN_DIESEL is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BIEN_DIESEL is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BIEN_DIESEL is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BIEN_DIESEL is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BIEN_DIESEL is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    giggles
    Fictional character
    Natural just means you're able to beat a piss test, doesn't mean anything about the truth.
    1500lbs bench,squat,dl, u mad?
    5'11-6 FEET,210-228LBS
    personal trainer
    aiming to be 260-280lbs of fearfull mass
    max bench,545lbs 11/23/10 565lbs 7/11/11
    barbell curl 185lbs, 175lbs 4 reps 9/1/09
    leg press 1345lbs
    squat 455lbs 9/5/09 sciatic nerve damage
    deadlift 580lbs
    shurgs 865lbs reps
    lil 20.5 inch arms
    FULL VIETNAMESE DU MA! u mad?

On Fire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) On Fire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) On Fire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) On Fire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) On Fire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) On Fire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) On Fire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) On Fire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) On Fire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) On Fire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) On Fire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by LexiLei08 View Post
    Love this thread!! Lol
    Originally Posted by BIEN_DIESEL View Post
    bc u love me lexi
    It's a trap homey, she's a dude
    Don't tell me what you want to do, do it.
    Barbarian Requirements Pre-2011 complete: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IJSVOLItqMA
    Working on my "core", because I'm not a fat fuk.

gatortraak has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gatortraak has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gatortraak has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gatortraak has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gatortraak has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

My 2 cents

Where I'm from I'd say 75% of the good looking women in town are married, probably 85% at my gym. That said the girls I see in there lifting hard or working out hard catch my eye. If a girl is in there walking on a treadmill or going through the motions in the weights its a total turnoff for me. Heavy weights or light weights, doesn't matter the sexy thing is that you're pushing yourself to get better.
    Losers make excuses, winners make adjustments.

pokerfacepoker has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pokerfacepoker has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pokerfacepoker has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pokerfacepoker has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pokerfacepoker has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    well i am the biggest closet bi. there are so many hot girls and guys at my gym. i dont mind approaching the girls - but how do i approach the guys? i am very str8 no1 suspects im bi unless they suspect it because i have a jock pretty kind of look but not because of behavior etc.
    i just wonder if some of the other "str8" guys are like me and secretly bi in the gym - because i swear i have seen some check me out. im in la.
    wat to do? i have a nice body - athletic jock. nice face. does any1 else have this problem? lol

b4disaster is just really nice. (+1000) b4disaster is just really nice. (+1000) b4disaster is just really nice. (+1000) b4disaster is just really nice. (+1000) b4disaster is just really nice. (+1000) b4disaster is just really nice. (+1000) b4disaster is just really nice. (+1000) b4disaster is just really nice. (+1000) b4disaster is just really nice. (+1000) b4disaster is just really nice. (+1000) b4disaster is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by buff_chix View Post
    So, I was at the gym and spotted this hot guy. He checked me out and was lifting heavy so I started throwing about heavy weights about 10-15lbs heavier then I usually do. I have a bit of muscle to me but my body fat is hiding it. Im about 30% BF, 140lbs 5'3" size 10.

After gushing to my girl friends about checking him out and him looking at me, they said men dont like women who can lift such heavy weights.

How can i properly flirt with a guy at the gym, or atleast show im intrested with out intimadating them? Unless men do like women who lift heavy. He was def a BBer not an average guy at the gym.

PS he could be married or gay, no clue didnt talk to him!
    ____

go talk to him. i had a situation this month where this red head from england, exchange student, approached me. she was really awkward and i had to basically tell her to go away because i am not at the gym to meet girls.

but don't let that dissuade you (;

Slovation is a name known to all. (+5000) Slovation is a name known to all. (+5000) Slovation is a name known to all. (+5000) Slovation is a name known to all. (+5000) Slovation is a name known to all. (+5000) Slovation is a name known to all. (+5000) Slovation is a name known to all. (+5000) Slovation is a name known to all. (+5000) Slovation is a name known to all. (+5000) Slovation is a name known to all. (+5000) Slovation is a name known to all. (+5000)
    my recommendation would to do something along the lines of maybe asking if he competes. If he says hes ask for some pointers but be a little specific and actually act like your interested. If no possibly toss out a compliment saying he should. If you approach all nervous it could be a turnoff because if he sees your nervous he will assume the convo will be uncomfortable. Try to keep busy instead of acting like you are. Someone thats serious at training gets irritated by people that just prance around the gym like its social hour, I know I do. I would wait to approach him when hes transitioning to another exercise as opposed to just the next set. Wish there were some girls at my gym that had balls to approach me lol.

P.S. Although he seems to be there just with his buddy Id try to make sure hes not showing up with his gf. Usually if bf and gf show up at the gym together they split off fairly quick so there could be a chance she is doing cardio or something. Wouldnt want to turn it into a catfight lol.

It's all about the peaks GBLynden's Avatar
    GBLynden has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GBLynden has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GBLynden has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GBLynden has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GBLynden has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GBLynden has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GBLynden has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GBLynden has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GBLynden has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GBLynden has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GBLynden has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by buff_chix View Post
    So, I was at the gym and spotted this hot guy. He checked me out and was lifting heavy so I started throwing about heavy weights about 10-15lbs heavier then I usually do. I have a bit of muscle to me but my body fat is hiding it. Im about 30% BF, 140lbs 5'3" size 10.

After gushing to my girl friends about checking him out and him looking at me, they said men dont like women who can lift such heavy weights.

How can i properly flirt with a guy at the gym, or atleast show im intrested with out intimadating them? Unless men do like women who lift heavy. He was def a BBer not an average guy at the gym.

PS he could be married or gay, no clue didnt talk to him!
    Like the others have said, just be friendly to him. I would kill to meet to a girl that shares the same interest as me even if she wasn't in perfect shape. The common bond is something of my relatioships have been lacking.

Regarding the heavy weights, guys think stuff like that is cool as hell! I tend to have to go very light because of past injuries and even if a woman can lift a lot heavier than me, it doesn't intimidate me in the least.
    CPT, CES, and FNS
    *RC Planes Crew*
    *Forbidden Hobbies Crew*

Learn about RC Flight: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=180955113&p=1653577913#post1653577913

Join the Forbidden Hobbies Crew: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=150920093&p=1005801753#post1005801753

DannyLaylan is on a distinguished road. (+10) DannyLaylan is on a distinguished road. (+10) DannyLaylan is on a distinguished road. (+10) DannyLaylan is on a distinguished road. (+10) DannyLaylan is on a distinguished road. (+10) DannyLaylan is on a distinguished road. (+10) DannyLaylan is on a distinguished road. (+10) DannyLaylan is on a distinguished road. (+10) DannyLaylan is on a distinguished road. (+10) DannyLaylan is on a distinguished road. (+10) DannyLaylan is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    A woman actually putting out in the weightroom is one of the biggest turnons out there. By showing that they care about their body and are willing to work hard to better themselves (just like the guys) they instantly grab (at least MY) attention. And dont worry about lifting heavy being a turnoff, BB women have some of the best looking bodies out there. I am not a womanizer by any means, I just appreciate it when a girl can be in a gym and actually workout and not just prance around and flirt. it's refreshing
    Marine Corps

"All rivers run to the Sea because it is below them; humility gives it its power"

Break to build--Never be satisfied.

Fitness Anarchist SerpentHearted's Avatar
    SerpentHearted has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SerpentHearted has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SerpentHearted has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SerpentHearted has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SerpentHearted has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SerpentHearted has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SerpentHearted has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SerpentHearted has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SerpentHearted has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SerpentHearted has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SerpentHearted has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I'm usually a bit out of breath and in my own world while training. I think if an attractive woman tried to talk to me between sets I'd be even more awkward than usual! That being said a simple "Hey, what are you training today? Nice one. Enjoy!" is pretty easy.

Gavilan1972 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Cool

Originally Posted by crazeeJZ View Post
    Next time, go up to him when he's just getting to a piece of equipment and tell him in a pissed-off manner, "Excuse me, I was using that (name equipment)." Easy ice-breaker.
    That's cool, I'm gunna use that one...

StephLoses has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Can I just bring this thread back to ask a question of my own? Don't really wanna start a new one...
    I've been going to my gym for a month now and the past week and a bit, even though I go at different times, the same hot guy has been there. There was some eye contact the first couple of times when we were working out in the same area, but the past few days I've only see him for a second while he leaves.
    My problem; I'm the 'Before' picture in a weight-loss add. Progress has been made in terms of my body (honestly, the only way it can get is better though haha). And he's attractive and leanly muscular (not super buff or anything, but there's definitely muscle definition there- oh gosh, I sound like a creeper).
    Anyways, so next time I, inevitably, see him, should I smile or try and say hi, or should I just count my losses in this 'Before' body?
    Ugh. I hate that it's taken me so long to get to this place of eating healthy and working out. -_-

fitrevolution will become famous soon enough. (+50) fitrevolution will become famous soon enough. (+50) fitrevolution will become famous soon enough. (+50) fitrevolution will become famous soon enough. (+50) fitrevolution will become famous soon enough. (+50) fitrevolution will become famous soon enough. (+50) fitrevolution will become famous soon enough. (+50) fitrevolution will become famous soon enough. (+50) fitrevolution will become famous soon enough. (+50) fitrevolution will become famous soon enough. (+50) fitrevolution will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    So you tell me you started lifting heavy and sacrificing from and increasing risk of injury just for flirting.....you have problems.
    If you want a guy, go to a club, if you are a girl you have it easy. If you want that guy, ask him to spot you, but dont go that super heavy, just go for reps, squating up and down...hngggg

Steron99 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Steron99 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Steron99 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Steron99 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Steron99 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Steron99 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Steron99 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Steron99 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Steron99 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Steron99 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Steron99 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    As a trainer/attendant I've seen it all but I have to wonder why people go to a gym to flirt.Theres bars,hobbies,the internet,sports teams,etc.,etc. to do that at.If you're serious about your workouts,you're there for a reason.I like to get in the zone and push myself thru a big workout without having a girl/guy make bar moves on me.

One day working out a middleaged woman "needed advice",she started feeling my arms,I very nicely helped her and she went off,then a young girl came up,all cutesy,same deal.At this point this guy comes up to me and says: "Listen,are you after my mother or my girlfriend?" !!!!!!!!

I told him neither,i'm gay!

LMAO !

Registered User LiftandSeparate's Avatar
    LiftandSeparate has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    This is such a funny thread

A few comments about "be at the gym to train, don't flirt"... that's all very well, but if your main activity in life and your ideal man is someone who's idea of fun is training for two hours, then you're kind of missing an opportunity, no?!

I had the guy I identified as "hot" a few months back come and ask to cut in on the smith I was using last week. Taking this as a total sign that I should reciprocate... wait until you're training the same thing on the same day and ask if you can cut in on the same machine. Just make sure it's believable!!!
    How I've found my beginnings on PSMF: http://blog.bodybuilding.com/LiftandSeparate