Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5
    coolbreeze is on a distinguished road. (+10) coolbreeze is on a distinguished road. (+10) coolbreeze is on a distinguished road. (+10) coolbreeze is on a distinguished road. (+10) coolbreeze is on a distinguished road. (+10) coolbreeze is on a distinguished road. (+10) coolbreeze is on a distinguished road. (+10) coolbreeze is on a distinguished road. (+10) coolbreeze is on a distinguished road. (+10) coolbreeze is on a distinguished road. (+10) coolbreeze is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    so what then constitutes the bulk of 'bulking' calories - carbs or fats? I assume both?

That's how you get ants. BobisMighty's Avatar
    BobisMighty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BobisMighty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BobisMighty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BobisMighty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BobisMighty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BobisMighty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BobisMighty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BobisMighty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BobisMighty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BobisMighty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BobisMighty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I'm definitely loving this thread right now. Seems like it's going to go a long way towards making me save some money haha.

From what I've gathered, It would be advisable to have a pre-workout meal about an hour before i lift with, say, at least 20g of protein. Then right before i workout make sure i get 10G of EAA's. Then, right after I workout get some High GI carbs. Then 30 minutes PWO around 20g of protein. All of this will go towards achieving optimal nitrogen balance and protein synthesis.

Does this sound right? Could I use something like Uni-Liver for Amino's? Or something a little more specific. The study sounded like it didn't matter the source, just so long as I got enough Leucine and Isoleucine.
    MISC STRENGTH CREW

Rugby training log
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=125605233

World Rugby S&C Level 1 coach.

Loomy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Loomy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Loomy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Loomy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Loomy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Loomy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Loomy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Loomy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Loomy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Loomy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Loomy is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by coolbreeze View Post
    so what then constitutes the bulk of 'bulking' calories - carbs or fats? I assume both?
    if you believe in eating an evolutionary type of diet, then the answer is mostly carbs because your diet would be a huge amount of vegetables and fruits with some nuts and meat.

coolbreeze is on a distinguished road. (+10) coolbreeze is on a distinguished road. (+10) coolbreeze is on a distinguished road. (+10) coolbreeze is on a distinguished road. (+10) coolbreeze is on a distinguished road. (+10) coolbreeze is on a distinguished road. (+10) coolbreeze is on a distinguished road. (+10) coolbreeze is on a distinguished road. (+10) coolbreeze is on a distinguished road. (+10) coolbreeze is on a distinguished road. (+10) coolbreeze is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Loomy View Post
    if you believe in eating an evolutionary type of diet, then the answer is mostly carbs because your diet would be a huge amount of vegetables and fruits with some nuts and meat.
    i do buy into paleo eating however lots has changed since then- fruits have been modified to have more sugar, in the last 10,000 yrs we have gone agricultural and eat grains - is this long enough for our GI tracts to digest these items (in a healthy way)? I doubt it. Seems to be many advise against grains.

I agree carbs could be better - and even if fruit has more sugar now, so what in one sense because- in an active person this really would not cause adverse reactions as they can burn them cleanly.