Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast
    markprivinius has a spectacular aura about. (+250) markprivinius has a spectacular aura about. (+250) markprivinius has a spectacular aura about. (+250) markprivinius has a spectacular aura about. (+250) markprivinius has a spectacular aura about. (+250) markprivinius has a spectacular aura about. (+250) markprivinius has a spectacular aura about. (+250) markprivinius has a spectacular aura about. (+250) markprivinius has a spectacular aura about. (+250) markprivinius has a spectacular aura about. (+250) markprivinius has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by DaveRVD View Post
    I love this song, Dat fast-paced opening beat tho! ...gets me pumped everytime.

Jimmy Eat World - Pain
    I've got that one on my workout list too. Also try adding "Always Be" and "Kill"
    Instagram: MorbidlyObese2FreakinBeast
    Tumblr: morbidlyobese2freakinbeast.tumblr.com
    MyFitnessPal: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/food/diary/itsarchietime
    Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9KGsmBlfmWJMHDqVvyEchA
    -------------------------------------------------------
    7/13/16 - 345.2 @ 51.3%
    ----------------
    Progress (8 Weeks Remaining)
    14 / 45 lbs Pounds Lost
    ----------------
    Goal
    8/25/16 330 lbs
    ----------------
    Overall Goals
    200 lbs @ 15% BF
    180 lbs @ 10% BF

nosirrahx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) nosirrahx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) nosirrahx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) nosirrahx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) nosirrahx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) nosirrahx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) nosirrahx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) nosirrahx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) nosirrahx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) nosirrahx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) nosirrahx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    It always astounds me just how big the gap is between people when it comes to gym music.

This gets me all kinds of fired up:

Eat in a deficit to lose weight.
    Hit your protein and fat minimums to stay healthy and keep your gainz.
    Lift heavy and do HIIT to look and feel awesome.
    Use the internet to learn why you should do these things and how to do these things.

DaveRVD will become famous soon enough. (+50) DaveRVD will become famous soon enough. (+50) DaveRVD will become famous soon enough. (+50) DaveRVD will become famous soon enough. (+50) DaveRVD will become famous soon enough. (+50) DaveRVD will become famous soon enough. (+50) DaveRVD will become famous soon enough. (+50) DaveRVD will become famous soon enough. (+50) DaveRVD will become famous soon enough. (+50) DaveRVD will become famous soon enough. (+50) DaveRVD will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    @nosirrahx - Thanks! I appreciate the encouragement. I used to read your log back in early May before I decided to dust off my account and sign back in to make my own.

Ha, and yeah, I guess we're worlds apart on gym music!
    I do have a weird range of genres in my workout playlist though. Even got some The Who and Duran Duran tracks in there.

@markprivinius - It's a great track isn't it! I will get a hold of those two that you mentioned (I've not heard of them before).
    I also have "Bleed American" and "The Middle" in my playlist. Bleed American is a great hard hitting pump up tune, not sure if you've heard it?
    Instagram: mavmuscle

cherrygarcia80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cherrygarcia80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cherrygarcia80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cherrygarcia80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cherrygarcia80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cherrygarcia80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cherrygarcia80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cherrygarcia80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cherrygarcia80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cherrygarcia80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cherrygarcia80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Congrats on the 2 pound drop and 14 pound drop overall in 7 weeks! That's some great progress!

As nosirrahx says it's definitely amazing the variation in music that people listen to in the gym! I like rap mostly because I feel like I can pace myself to the beat especially when doing the long treadmill walks which help make it abit easier.
    =================
    Total weight lost: 128 lbs
    =================

Starting weight: 378 lbs
    Current weight: 250 lbs

******* 4 years on keto so far - keto4life!!! ***************

my fat loss log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=166528931

DaveRVD will become famous soon enough. (+50) DaveRVD will become famous soon enough. (+50) DaveRVD will become famous soon enough. (+50) DaveRVD will become famous soon enough. (+50) DaveRVD will become famous soon enough. (+50) DaveRVD will become famous soon enough. (+50) DaveRVD will become famous soon enough. (+50) DaveRVD will become famous soon enough. (+50) DaveRVD will become famous soon enough. (+50) DaveRVD will become famous soon enough. (+50) DaveRVD will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by cherrygarcia80 View Post
    Congrats on the 2 pound drop and 14 pound drop overall in 7 weeks! That's some great progress!

As nosirrahx says it's definitely amazing the variation in music that people listen to in the gym! I like rap mostly because I feel like I can pace myself to the beat especially when doing the long treadmill walks which help make it abit easier.
    Thanks Cherry! Yeah, I've got some rap in there as well -

My favourite at the moment is "Money and the Power" by Kid Ink ...I don't know if that's classed as 'real' rap though. There's also some Kanye West in there - I'm not exactly a fan of him as a person, but he's got some damn good tracks! "Power" being one.

Which artists do you have in your playlist, Cherry?

cherrygarcia80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cherrygarcia80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cherrygarcia80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cherrygarcia80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cherrygarcia80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cherrygarcia80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cherrygarcia80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cherrygarcia80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cherrygarcia80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cherrygarcia80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cherrygarcia80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Thanks Cherry! Yeah, I've got some rap in there as well -

My favourite at the moment is "Money and the Power" by Kid Ink ...I don't know if that's classed as 'real' rap though. There's also some Kanye West in there - I'm not exactly a fan of him as a person, but he's got some damn good tracks! "Power" being one.

Which artists do you have in your playlist, Cherry?
    I have alot of Kanye West and JayZ, then some tupac, eminem, then some more rnbish like chris brown etc. I'm not a fan of Kanye as a person either lol.

I think i'll start incorporating abit of every type of music on their as well to try out...not sure how i'd get on with rock at the gym lol but definitely worth a try! Let me know some artists on your playlist and I'll give it a go
    =================
    =================

I have alot of Kanye West and JayZ, then some tupac, eminem, then some more rnbish like chris brown etc. I'm not a fan of Kanye as a person either lol.

I think i'll start incorporating abit of every type of music on their as well to try out...not sure how i'd get on with rock at the gym lol but definitely worth a try! Let me know some artists on your playlist and I'll give it a go
    Sure, here's some off the top of my head -

Drowning Pool - "Rebel Yell" (great cover)
    Jimmy Eat World - "Bleed American"
    N.E.R.D - "Rock Star" (Quite likely you know this one, great track though)
    AwolNation - "Sail"
    Bloc Party - "The Prayer" (British band, not sure if you guys out there know them)
    Disturbed - "Dropping Plates", "Stricken" and "Just Stop"
    Evanescence - "Bring Me To Life" and "Lies" ("Lies" is awesome, very dark tune)
    Skillet - "Hero"
    Zebrahead - "Now or Never"

There's loads more obviously, but I've given a variety of types of Rock (that I have in my workout playlist). I'm sure you'll like some and hate others as they're all quite different!

Talking

Sure, here's some off the top of my head -

Drowning Pool - "Rebel Yell" (great cover)
    Jimmy Eat World - "Bleed American"
    N.E.R.D - "Rock Star" (Quite likely you know this one, great track though)
    AwolNation - "Sail"
    Bloc Party - "The Prayer" (British band, not sure if you guys out there know them)
    Disturbed - "Dropping Plates", "Stricken" and "Just Stop"
    Evanescence - "Bring Me To Life" and "Lies" ("Lies" is awesome, very dark tune)
    Skillet - "Hero"
    Zebrahead - "Now or Never"

There's loads more obviously, but I've given a variety of types of Rock (that I have in my workout playlist). I'm sure you'll like some and hate others as they're all quite different!
    Thanks for the list dave! I'll have to remember to have this on my ipod next time i'm uploading music. Who knows i just might make some more gainz in the gym hehe
    =================
    =================

Todays workout

Was feeling slightly sluggish through-out (I think I guzzled too much water before starting/early on). But overall it was pretty good!
    I felt like finishing the week with some improvements (after all I've got two days to rest) - so I upped the weight on two exercises and mixed up the order a little. These two little changes definitely made my workout more challenging and pushed me harder.

Things keeping me motivated
    - Weight increased on Side Deltoid Raises.
    - Weight increased on Flat Bench Flyes.
    - I've had No DOMS since Sunday (feels good man).

Things I'm not happy with
    - Money: work is really slow going at the moment.

Workout track of the moment

This song (to me) is all about rising above tragedy. It's easily my favourite Crazy Town track (and let's face it, there's a lot of bad Crazy Town tracks). Definitely worth a listen if you've been feeling defeated lately.

I should have added this one to my list that I gave you, Cherry - definitely worth a listen if you're ever feeling defeatist.

Crazy Town - Black Cloud

"Trade my torches for a dime, the pressure's fading away now"

phoenix4444 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) phoenix4444 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) phoenix4444 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) phoenix4444 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) phoenix4444 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) phoenix4444 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) phoenix4444 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) phoenix4444 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) phoenix4444 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) phoenix4444 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) phoenix4444 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Todays workout

Was feeling slightly sluggish through-out (I think I guzzled too much water before starting/early on). But overall it was pretty good!
    I felt like finishing the week with some improvements (after all I've got two days to rest) - so I upped the weight on two exercises and mixed up the order a little. These two little changes definitely made my workout more challenging and pushed me harder.

Good job on increasing the weights. Pushing harder, working harder, win.

I feel you on the money situation. In that boat with the job as well.
    *Trying to stay sane and get back to avi status.

justinlando has a spectacular aura about. (+250) justinlando has a spectacular aura about. (+250) justinlando has a spectacular aura about. (+250) justinlando has a spectacular aura about. (+250) justinlando has a spectacular aura about. (+250) justinlando has a spectacular aura about. (+250) justinlando has a spectacular aura about. (+250) justinlando has a spectacular aura about. (+250) justinlando has a spectacular aura about. (+250) justinlando has a spectacular aura about. (+250) justinlando has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    holy ****, droppin plates used to be in HEAVY rotation for me when lifting. Lately, when I lift, it's a lot of movie trailer music (two steps from hell). Do you feel a difference in the intensity of your workouts depending on the genre of music? For me, I can't listen to the really aggressive music when I run, but it's amazing for when I lift. When I run, I like to listen to daft punk, katy perry (unabashedly listened to dark horse for like 20 minutes of an hour treadmill session), explosions in the sky and the like
    Vitals: Male, 27, 6'3 ~170-175lbs (depending on the day)
    Cardio: walking my dogs daily, runs 4x per week
    Lifting: 4 days per week
    Supplements: Isopure Zero Carb (daily), Biotin (daily), Multivitamin (daily)
    ----------------
    Total Weight Loss: 152.6 lbs in 401 days (May 2015-June 2016)
    Goal for Rest of 2016: Maintain my current weight (~170), improve my physique
    ----------------

Originally Posted by phoenix4444 View Post
    Good job on increasing the weights. Pushing harder, working harder, win.

I feel you on the money situation. In that boat with the job as well.
    Thanks Phoenix, yup the money worries suck! Good months, OK months, bad months all come and go, I guess.

Originally Posted by justinlando View Post
    holy ****, droppin plates used to be in HEAVY rotation for me when lifting. Lately, when I lift, it's a lot of movie trailer music (two steps from hell). Do you feel a difference in the intensity of your workouts depending on the genre of music? For me, I can't listen to the really aggressive music when I run, but it's amazing for when I lift. When I run, I like to listen to daft punk, katy perry (unabashedly listened to dark horse for like 20 minutes of an hour treadmill session), explosions in the sky and the like
    I definitely have a more intense workout with heavy music. Although, not all my lifting music is crazy heavy, there's a good range of various types of rock in there:

A mix of older/newer - some 80's (Def Leppard), some 90's (Nirvana), some 00's (Bloc Party).
    A mix of slower/faster - Rammstein, Kasabian, MGMT, Rise Against.

I do all my lifting at home, so I blast it on the stereo system (wired to PC sound output) through iTunes.

I've yet to hit a gym (for real cardio), but when I do it will indeed be different music. When I used to hit the gym regularly as a teenager I would have some rap and even some acceptable/some awful 80's pop hits (80's hits is a guilty pleasure of mine - who would think it under all that rock music? Ha!).

What are some of your favourite tracks for lifting? I'm always looking for more to add to my playlist.

kureransu is a name known to all. (+5000) kureransu is a name known to all. (+5000) kureransu is a name known to all. (+5000) kureransu is a name known to all. (+5000) kureransu is a name known to all. (+5000) kureransu is a name known to all. (+5000) kureransu is a name known to all. (+5000) kureransu is a name known to all. (+5000) kureransu is a name known to all. (+5000) kureransu is a name known to all. (+5000) kureransu is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Thanks Phoenix, yup the money worries suck! Good months, OK months, bad months all come and go, I guess.

I definitely have a more intense workout with heavy music. Although, not all my lifting music is crazy heavy, there's a good range of various types of rock in there:

A mix of older/newer - some 80's (Def Leppard), some 90's (Nirvana), some 00's (Bloc Party).
    A mix of slower/faster - Rammstein, Kasabian, MGMT, Rise Against.

I do all my lifting at home, so I blast it on the stereo system (wired to PC sound output) through iTunes.

I've yet to hit a gym (for real cardio), but when I do it will indeed be different music. When I used to hit the gym regularly as a teenager I would have some rap and even some acceptable/some awful 80's pop hits (80's hits is a guilty pleasure of mine - who would think it under all that rock music? Ha!).

What are some of your favourite tracks for lifting? I'm always looking for more to add to my playlist.
    Can't stand listening to music while lifting crew checking in.

justinlando has a spectacular aura about. (+250) justinlando has a spectacular aura about. (+250) justinlando has a spectacular aura about. (+250) justinlando has a spectacular aura about. (+250) justinlando has a spectacular aura about. (+250) justinlando has a spectacular aura about. (+250) justinlando has a spectacular aura about. (+250) justinlando has a spectacular aura about. (+250) justinlando has a spectacular aura about. (+250) justinlando has a spectacular aura about. (+250) justinlando has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by kureransu View Post
    I legitimately cackled at this. +1.

I understand why people wouldn't want to listen to music while lifting, I'm the same way when I play basketball. Can't stand it. And I'll never understand people that play with earphones in. *shrug*
    Vitals: Male, 27, 6'3 ~170-175lbs (depending on the day)
    Cardio: walking my dogs daily, runs 4x per week
    Lifting: 4 days per week
    Supplements: Isopure Zero Carb (daily), Biotin (daily), Multivitamin (daily)
    ----------------
    Total Weight Loss: 152.6 lbs in 401 days (May 2015-June 2016)
    Goal for Rest of 2016: Maintain my current weight (~170), improve my physique
    ----------------

NoCarbsNoSugar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NoCarbsNoSugar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NoCarbsNoSugar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NoCarbsNoSugar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NoCarbsNoSugar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NoCarbsNoSugar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NoCarbsNoSugar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NoCarbsNoSugar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NoCarbsNoSugar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NoCarbsNoSugar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NoCarbsNoSugar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Nice progress, Dave.

nosirrahx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) nosirrahx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) nosirrahx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) nosirrahx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) nosirrahx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) nosirrahx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) nosirrahx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) nosirrahx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) nosirrahx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) nosirrahx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) nosirrahx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by kureransu View Post
    I should clarify a bit. If I cant listen to music as it was intended (with real speakers and a huge sub) I also prefer silence. In my home gym I built a kick ass sound system so I can lift to my music and talk with my family at the same time.

When I head off to a commercial gym I don't listen to anything, cant stand earbuds. I honestly cant believe that 99% of people use those things while lifting.

This one gets me fired up for a big lift, @ :43 you tear iron from gravity's hands.

Eat in a deficit to lose weight.
    Hit your protein and fat minimums to stay healthy and keep your gainz.
    Lift heavy and do HIIT to look and feel awesome.
    Use the internet to learn why you should do these things and how to do these things.

Originally Posted by NoCarbsNoSugar View Post
    Nice progress, Dave.
    Thanks NCNS, appreciate it!

-----------

I have to admire anybody who can lift without music, for me it's a real necessity and definitely helps me focus and push through. I am interested to find out if I can still tolerate ear buds during a cardio session. I remember in my teens, I would have a favourite 'of the moment' song that I would play on repeat once the HIIT session was beginning to kill me - it always helped me push through that crucially difficult last part of the session and complete the workout.

Feeling relatively okay today, but my tooth ache has been on/off again.

I'm looking forward to tomorrow, I'll be getting my workout in and then later on heading out for dinner with my girlfriend.
    We're going to "Harvester" (popular British restaurant), I promised her we would go as it's been a while since we went out to eat.

- I'm going to get myself a Cheese and Bacon burger, I literally cannot wait. I will definitely be exceeding my 1800 calories for the day, but it's for the greater good - shake off those cravings and get it out of my system.

I made my own protein bars last night! (I've dubbed them as "Maverick bars" in MFP).
    Flavour base is "Chocolate and Peanut Butter", for a first try they taste good!

phoenix4444 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) phoenix4444 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) phoenix4444 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) phoenix4444 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) phoenix4444 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) phoenix4444 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) phoenix4444 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) phoenix4444 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) phoenix4444 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) phoenix4444 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) phoenix4444 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Those bars look great!

Have a good diner out with the girl. Once a while it is good to let loose and just live without worries. I bet that cheese and bacon burger will be the best ever
    *Trying to stay sane and get back to avi status.

Smartlifts has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Smartlifts has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Smartlifts has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Smartlifts has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Smartlifts has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Smartlifts has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Smartlifts has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Smartlifts has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Smartlifts has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Smartlifts has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Smartlifts has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Bars look good.
    What's the macros?

InhumanGenetix has a spectacular aura about. (+250) InhumanGenetix has a spectacular aura about. (+250) InhumanGenetix has a spectacular aura about. (+250) InhumanGenetix has a spectacular aura about. (+250) InhumanGenetix has a spectacular aura about. (+250) InhumanGenetix has a spectacular aura about. (+250) InhumanGenetix has a spectacular aura about. (+250) InhumanGenetix has a spectacular aura about. (+250) InhumanGenetix has a spectacular aura about. (+250) InhumanGenetix has a spectacular aura about. (+250) InhumanGenetix has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Todays workout

This song (to me) is all about rising above tragedy. It's easily my favourite Crazy Town track (and let's face it, there's a lot of bad Crazy Town tracks). Definitely worth a listen if you've been feeling defeated lately.

I should have added this one to my list that I gave you, Cherry - definitely worth a listen if you're ever feeling defeatist.

Crazy Town - Black Cloud

"Trade my torches for a dime, the pressure's fading away now"
    LOL, I used to have that album, I only purchased it because of Butterfly.

Gigi999 is a name known to all. (+5000) Gigi999 is a name known to all. (+5000) Gigi999 is a name known to all. (+5000) Gigi999 is a name known to all. (+5000) Gigi999 is a name known to all. (+5000) Gigi999 is a name known to all. (+5000) Gigi999 is a name known to all. (+5000) Gigi999 is a name known to all. (+5000) Gigi999 is a name known to all. (+5000) Gigi999 is a name known to all. (+5000) Gigi999 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    OMG those bars!!!! They look so good!!!! And creative names as well! What was the base you used to make them? And rough macros estimate? Those look better than any bars I've attempted to make lol.
    Protein Bar Review thread:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=160457601

Originally Posted by InhumanGenetix View Post
    LOL, I used to have that album, I only purchased it because of Butterfly.
    Ha, yeah, I remember "Butterfly"!

- "Toxic", "Revolving Door" and "Darkside" are great too! The rest of the album I don't care much for (apart from "Black Cloud" of course!)

Originally Posted by phoenix4444 View Post
    Those bars look great!

Have a good diner out with the girl. Once a while it is good to let loose and just live without worries. I bet that cheese and bacon burger will be the best ever
    Thanks Phoenix! The burger/fries were amazing - got some small bread rolls in for starters also, and shared dessert. Although I went over on calories for today, I didn't do as much damage as I anticipated.

Originally Posted by Smartlifts View Post
    Bars look good.
    What's the macros?
    Originally Posted by Gigi999 View Post
    OMG those bars!!!! They look so good!!!! And creative names as well! What was the base you used to make them? And rough macros estimate? Those look better than any bars I've attempted to make lol.
    Thanks guys! Here's the ingredients and macros:

Natural Peanut Butter
    Chocolate flavour whey powder
    Oats
    Dash of Stevia and Cinnamon

Calories: 142
    Protein: 9g
    Carbs: 11g
    - of which sugars: 2g
    Fat: 8g
    - of which saturates: 1g

Weight per bar is 45g, I'd have liked more protein in there (obviously), but it's all good.

NoCarbsNoSugar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NoCarbsNoSugar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NoCarbsNoSugar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NoCarbsNoSugar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NoCarbsNoSugar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NoCarbsNoSugar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NoCarbsNoSugar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NoCarbsNoSugar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NoCarbsNoSugar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NoCarbsNoSugar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NoCarbsNoSugar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    the bars look great!

Gigi999 is a name known to all. (+5000) Gigi999 is a name known to all. (+5000) Gigi999 is a name known to all. (+5000) Gigi999 is a name known to all. (+5000) Gigi999 is a name known to all. (+5000) Gigi999 is a name known to all. (+5000) Gigi999 is a name known to all. (+5000) Gigi999 is a name known to all. (+5000) Gigi999 is a name known to all. (+5000) Gigi999 is a name known to all. (+5000) Gigi999 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Thanks guys! Here's the ingredients and macros:

Natural Peanut Butter
    Chocolate flavour whey powder
    Oats
    Dash of Stevia and Cinnamon

Weight per bar is 45g, I'd have liked more protein in there (obviously), but it's all good.
    This is awesome! So simple and looks delicious, thank you
    Protein Bar Review thread:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=160457601

Originally Posted by NoCarbsNoSugar View Post
    the bars look great!
    Originally Posted by Gigi999 View Post
    This is awesome! So simple and looks delicious, thank you
    Thanks - forgot to mention, water is a must to help the mix! I didn't bake them, I just put them in the fridge and keep them there~

Yesterdays workout

Yesterdays lifting went well, I'm now hitting a minimum of 10-12 reps across all sets on all exercises (used to be 8 reps), this is mainly because my dumbbells are maxed out and I have no more plates to add to them! I'm looking at getting a barbell (and more plates of course) so I can up the weight on the exercises that are becoming far too easy now.

As for today, I've got crunches to do once I'm done posting this update - and will also be going for a walk later on this evening.

- Tomorrows workout.
    - Tomorrows weigh-in.

- My lack of pulling the trigger on going to a gym for cardio.
    - My tooth ache is still around (need to face fear and find a dentist).
    - I now feel that I could be pushing harder to aim for 3lb per week instead of 2lb (cardio related).

It's coming up to a month since I started this log, so I will be posting progress pictures next week (Spoiler: I'm still fat!)

----

Edit: I bought those additional plates I was talking about - and an EZ curl bar, all ready to go for tomorrows workout.

Last edited by DaveRVD; 07-21-2015 at 08:14 AM.

Hey Dave, wow, you've been doing great!

- The protein bars...omnomnom they look delicious! Thanks for the recipe too, will have to try it sometime!
    - WTG on maxing out your dumbells and now needing to be extra plates and a barbell...means your making some serious gainz!
    - I hope you enjoyed the cheese and bacon burger...drool!
    - On music, i'll add those crazy town songs too to the upload when i get round to it...i also only knew butterfly as well from back in the day!
    =================
    =================

Hey Dave, wow, you've been doing great!

- The protein bars...omnomnom they look delicious! Thanks for the recipe too, will have to try it sometime!
    - WTG on maxing out your dumbells and now needing to be extra plates and a barbell...means your making some serious gainz!
    - I hope you enjoyed the cheese and bacon burger...drool!
    - On music, i'll add those crazy town songs too to the upload when i get round to it...i also only knew butterfly as well from back in the day!
    Thanks Cherry, the bacon/cheese burger was well received! Hope you like (at least some) of the tracks!

Weigh in Wednesday

Last weeks weigh in: 24stone 3lb (339lbs)

Todays weigh in: 24stone 2lb (338lbs)

Well, okay - that's a 1lb drop from last week (I was obviously hoping for 2lb). But I would rather see 1lb off than nothing! (or worse, an increase in weight). However, I am not feeling downhearted - despite lifting and calories being on point (apart from Mondays planned cheat meal).

I know that I can be doing more, predominantly cardio - that is without argument, my next step.

Todays workout

I'm beginning to consider laying off the pre-workout for a while, it's not providing as much (if any) buzz as it used to (I was always planning to cycle off it, but I didn't expect I'd need to cycle-off this soon).

Overall, today I was able to lift more than ever (thanks to finally having more plates). It was actually nice to lift more than usual on the exercises that were crying out for a challenge, feels good not having to worry about stagnating on certain exercises anymore!

I will be interested to see if DOMS shows its ugly head after this workout ...I'm hoping that I'm "one of those" who doesn't suffer from it too much, but something tells me I will be crying like a walrus by Friday.

- Todays weigh in (some what).
    - Thinking of the future, being in shape etc.

- No difference in my waist measurement since starting.
    - Tooth ache is sometimes still a thing, but does seem to be easing.

Something a little different this time, as opposed to the usual rock tracks I like to post ..

Ninjasonik - In And Out

"I’m active, you’re average - Macho man, Randy Savage!"

nice weight set you bought.
    nice work on the loss.