Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    18 inch fatcepts! Back Double Biceps18's Avatar
    Back Double Biceps18 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Back Double Biceps18 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Back Double Biceps18 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Back Double Biceps18 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Back Double Biceps18 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Back Double Biceps18 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Back Double Biceps18 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Back Double Biceps18 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Back Double Biceps18 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Back Double Biceps18 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Back Double Biceps18 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Yea bro not bad of a fight at all, a little blood is never bad haha. I agree it should have went to another round but I was happy with the decision. Next week's show looks pretty good to.

bjjwraslter7 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bjjwraslter7 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bjjwraslter7 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bjjwraslter7 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bjjwraslter7 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bjjwraslter7 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bjjwraslter7 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bjjwraslter7 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bjjwraslter7 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bjjwraslter7 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bjjwraslter7 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I wasn't too impressed with either of them technique wise. Tait was good on the ground and came close to some subs, but I just can't stand guys that go straight to their gaurd. I don't think gaurd subs should be your primary offense, it's just not good policy to prefer to be on your back in a fight. Anyone see joe stevensons last fight? He kept going straight to gaurd and was getting demolished by the other guy gnping from inside his gaurd. Then at the very end he finally went for a takedown and was on top but didn't have time to do anything. Anyway, I think tait needs to learn how to shoot because his takedown attempts were pitiful. I hate seing bjj guys put their heads down and rush into the other guy like he did a few times. Learn how to freakin shoot.

OKCDUDE is on a distinguished road. (+10) OKCDUDE is on a distinguished road. (+10) OKCDUDE is on a distinguished road. (+10) OKCDUDE is on a distinguished road. (+10) OKCDUDE is on a distinguished road. (+10) OKCDUDE is on a distinguished road. (+10) OKCDUDE is on a distinguished road. (+10) OKCDUDE is on a distinguished road. (+10) OKCDUDE is on a distinguished road. (+10) OKCDUDE is on a distinguished road. (+10) OKCDUDE is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    the ufc judges really piss me off they have dropped the ball several times this year WTF are they thinking? if this type of stuff continues I will prolly stop watching all together
    I KNOW VIOLENCE ISN'T THE ANSWER
    I GOT IT WRONG ON PURPOSE

LatsMakeTheMan is a name known to all. (+5000) LatsMakeTheMan is a name known to all. (+5000) LatsMakeTheMan is a name known to all. (+5000) LatsMakeTheMan is a name known to all. (+5000) LatsMakeTheMan is a name known to all. (+5000) LatsMakeTheMan is a name known to all. (+5000) LatsMakeTheMan is a name known to all. (+5000) LatsMakeTheMan is a name known to all. (+5000) LatsMakeTheMan is a name known to all. (+5000) LatsMakeTheMan is a name known to all. (+5000) LatsMakeTheMan is a name known to all. (+5000)
    It should have gone another round, but if I had to make a decision, I would have given it to Tait. He came close to a few subs, and seemed to be more composed and (slightly) in control for most of the fight....although the other guy was more aggressive.
    In 1945, Adolf Hilter died and went to Hell. Satan asked, "why are you in Hell?" He replied, "I am responsible for the massacre of millions" Satan said, "well done, sit to the right of my throne." In 1953, Joseph Stalin died and went to Hell. Satan asked, "why are you in Hell?" He replied "I killed millions to stay in power" Satan said "good, sit to my left" 2010, Ronnie James Dio died and went to Hell, Satan asked, "why are you in Hell?" Dio replied, "Bitch, get the fuk off my throne!"

Cocktail is on a distinguished road. (+10) Cocktail is on a distinguished road. (+10) Cocktail is on a distinguished road. (+10) Cocktail is on a distinguished road. (+10) Cocktail is on a distinguished road. (+10) Cocktail is on a distinguished road. (+10) Cocktail is on a distinguished road. (+10) Cocktail is on a distinguished road. (+10) Cocktail is on a distinguished road. (+10) Cocktail is on a distinguished road. (+10) Cocktail is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by LatsMakeTheMan
    It should have gone another round, but if I had to make a decision, I would have given it to Tait. He came close to a few subs, and seemed to be more composed and (slightly) in control for most of the fight....although the other guy was more aggressive.
    I believe Tait was the better fighter. More style and he was more controled. Josh was out of his mind just swing punches. I cannot see josh in the UFC but I could see tait later on down the road if he learns a stand up game rather than just on the ground.

Cocktail is on a distinguished road. (+10) Cocktail is on a distinguished road. (+10) Cocktail is on a distinguished road. (+10) Cocktail is on a distinguished road. (+10) Cocktail is on a distinguished road. (+10) Cocktail is on a distinguished road. (+10) Cocktail is on a distinguished road. (+10) Cocktail is on a distinguished road. (+10) Cocktail is on a distinguished road. (+10) Cocktail is on a distinguished road. (+10) Cocktail is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Heres a question for you guys.

If you wanted to get involved In MMA what type of fighting should you train in?

user8073964251 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) user8073964251 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) user8073964251 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) user8073964251 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) user8073964251 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) user8073964251 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) user8073964251 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) user8073964251 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) user8073964251 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) user8073964251 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) user8073964251 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Tait isn't nearly, NEARLY strong enough. He is a ground specalist and isn't good at all on his feet... yet he is too weak to get the opponent on the ground. That doesn't work.

Cocktail: Muay Thai and BJJ are both pretty good styles of fighting to look into. Also, having background in wrestling or boxing would be a huge benefit as well.
    "Believe in yourself. Believe in your own potential for greatness. Believe that you can change the world. It is something that is within each of us."

- Evan Michael Tanner 1971-2008

OKCDUDE is on a distinguished road. (+10) OKCDUDE is on a distinguished road. (+10) OKCDUDE is on a distinguished road. (+10) OKCDUDE is on a distinguished road. (+10) OKCDUDE is on a distinguished road. (+10) OKCDUDE is on a distinguished road. (+10) OKCDUDE is on a distinguished road. (+10) OKCDUDE is on a distinguished road. (+10) OKCDUDE is on a distinguished road. (+10) OKCDUDE is on a distinguished road. (+10) OKCDUDE is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by stamp-on-kids
    Tait isn't nearly, NEARLY strong enough. He is a ground specalist and isn't good at all on his feet... yet he is too weak to get the opponent on the ground. That doesn't work.

Cocktail: Muay Thai and BJJ are both pretty good styles of fighting to look into. Also, having background in wrestling or boxing would be a huge benefit as well.
    x2. How is this a guy a bodyguard I guess against a normal person coming up and attaking a client he would do ok? not disrespect to him Im just wondering.

user8073964251 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) user8073964251 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) user8073964251 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) user8073964251 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) user8073964251 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) user8073964251 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) user8073964251 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) user8073964251 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) user8073964251 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) user8073964251 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) user8073964251 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    ^maybe? I mean, I'd kill Tait in a street fight (I'm about twice his size) and unless he got you in a sub, he can't do a thing...

I don't know... of course, he's probably a better fighter than 90% of the people on the street, or something... but he's pretty weak in strength and cannot throw a punch.
    "Believe in yourself. Believe in your own potential for greatness. Believe that you can change the world. It is something that is within each of us."

- Evan Michael Tanner 1971-2008

LatsMakeTheMan is a name known to all. (+5000) LatsMakeTheMan is a name known to all. (+5000) LatsMakeTheMan is a name known to all. (+5000) LatsMakeTheMan is a name known to all. (+5000) LatsMakeTheMan is a name known to all. (+5000) LatsMakeTheMan is a name known to all. (+5000) LatsMakeTheMan is a name known to all. (+5000) LatsMakeTheMan is a name known to all. (+5000) LatsMakeTheMan is a name known to all. (+5000) LatsMakeTheMan is a name known to all. (+5000) LatsMakeTheMan is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by OKCDUDE
    x2. How is this a guy a bodyguard I guess against a normal person coming up and attaking a client he would do ok? not disrespect to him Im just wondering.
    He's probably got a conceal and carry permit.
    In 1945, Adolf Hilter died and went to Hell. Satan asked, "why are you in Hell?" He replied, "I am responsible for the massacre of millions" Satan said, "well done, sit to the right of my throne." In 1953, Joseph Stalin died and went to Hell. Satan asked, "why are you in Hell?" He replied "I killed millions to stay in power" Satan said "good, sit to my left" 2010, Ronnie James Dio died and went to Hell, Satan asked, "why are you in Hell?" Dio replied, "Bitch, get the fuk off my throne!"

hahahaha

Haha

DLFB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DLFB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DLFB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DLFB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DLFB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DLFB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DLFB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DLFB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DLFB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DLFB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DLFB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

TITO ORTIZ and KEN SHAMROCK BEEF

Can someone explain to me their beef with each other?

I just watched Vendetta...and to be honest it's just been this year that I'm really starting to follow UFC (before I used to follow it on and off). At the end of the fight, Ken even raised Tito's hand, had a lil talk...etc-it looked to me that the spirit of "sportsmanship" was there.

But fastforwarding to now and watching the Ultimate Fighter, why do they still HATE each other?

bonethug187 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bonethug187 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bonethug187 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bonethug187 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bonethug187 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bonethug187 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bonethug187 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bonethug187 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bonethug187 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bonethug187 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bonethug187 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by DLFB

I just watched Vendetta...and to be honest it's just been this year that I'm really starting to follow UFC (before I used to follow it on and off). At the end of the fight, Ken even raised Tito's hand, had a lil talk...etc-it looked to me that the spirit of "sportsmanship" was there.

But fastforwarding to now and watching the Ultimate Fighter, why do they still HATE each other?
    it was after tito beat guy metzger, and he wore a 'gay metzer' ****rt or something that ripped the piss out of the lion's den, and he also showed the finger to the lion's den. ken gets up on the cage and demands respect and crap like that. then the police got involved to prevent a tit- lion's den brawl. escalated from there.

p.s. jesse is back, and using the words of tito ortiz, "he will be the last of the mohicans."
    ///M3

DLFB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DLFB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DLFB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DLFB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DLFB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DLFB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DLFB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DLFB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DLFB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DLFB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DLFB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Thanks for that clarification.

joeblowgan is on a distinguished road. (+10) joeblowgan is on a distinguished road. (+10) joeblowgan is on a distinguished road. (+10) joeblowgan is on a distinguished road. (+10) joeblowgan is on a distinguished road. (+10) joeblowgan is on a distinguished road. (+10) joeblowgan is on a distinguished road. (+10) joeblowgan is on a distinguished road. (+10) joeblowgan is on a distinguished road. (+10) joeblowgan is on a distinguished road. (+10) joeblowgan is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Im glad Taits gone. I really didnt like that guy something about him. I actually thought he was going to the finals though because they did a little interview with him during the last UFC. Glad i was wrong. I havent seen this show yet though have to find a torrent. The guy they brought back suck to. I dont like that some of those guy have no respect for the house like breaking stuff that doesnt belong to them. He broke a vase of something then Noahs bb and hes like what early 20s grow the F up already. Anyway thanks for the info.

To be honest, I cant wait to see Tit and Ken fight again... hehe *Tito* Tito busted his last fight.

I have been very inspired buy the ufc and the show and I really would love to get involved in mma now.

bjjwraslter7 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bjjwraslter7 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bjjwraslter7 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bjjwraslter7 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bjjwraslter7 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bjjwraslter7 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bjjwraslter7 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bjjwraslter7 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bjjwraslter7 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bjjwraslter7 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bjjwraslter7 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by DLFB

Also you have to understand reality tv isn't exactly reality. I'm sure they were asked to get in eachothers facs and feel free to do stuff like that because it makes for better tv. The show probably makes their beef out to be a lot worse than it actualy is.

I agree. But it appears they really hate eachother. It might have started out as publicity but it appears as if it is much more now. My 2 cents.

Originally Posted by Cocktail
    I agree. But it appears they really hate eachother. It might have started out as publicity but it appears as if it is much more now. My 2 cents.
    I think it's the other way around...it started out as a grudge and was made into publicity. They are milking it to make the show more interesting.

Originally Posted by bjjwraslter7
    I think it's the other way around...it started out as a grudge and was made into publicity. They are milking it to make the show more interesting.
    Hmm Could be true.

Off topic but I tapped a 210lb dude at a party sat night, I weigh about 152 at the moment. We were standing a lil more than arms length apart and I shot and got his leg and took him down. Then he started thrashing around and trying to get up but I was behind him so I got double underhooks and pulled him down and controled him til I could get my legs in. Applied the choke and he tapped like crazy. Took a total of maybe 20 seconds. We were just messin around so he was cool about it and was impressed. His friend taped it on his camera phone too and was showing everyone it was pretty funny.

Off topic but I tapped a 210lb dude at a party sat night, I weigh about 152 at the moment. We were standing a lil more than arms length apart and I shot and got his leg and took him down. Then he started thrashing around and trying to get up but I was behind him so I got double underhooks and pulled him down and controled him til I could get my legs in. Applied the choke and he tapped like crazy. Took a total of maybe 20 seconds. We were just messin around so he was cool about it and was impressed. His friend taped it on his camera phone too and was showing everyone it was pretty funny.
    Niiiice bro. What Martial arts are you involved in? Im guessing BJJ?

Niiiice bro. What Martial arts are you involved in? Im guessing BJJ?
    Not really...I wrestled for 5 years and went to camps every summer that is my main strength. I did bjj for a few months but I had to stop because of an unexpected move. I made my sn when I was in it and didn't know I'd be stopping so soon. I picked up a lot of good stuff though, learned a lot of things to compliment my wrestling. In that particular situation I pretty much used only my wrestling up until I choked him. BJJ was a good experience cause I learned the proper way to do chokes and other subs, and did a lot of gaurd work and learned some sweeps and gaurd passes. I'm planning on doing mt and mma over the summer I have just been to busy to get started. I'll probably go to my first practice next week cause I'll be done with school then. Oh I've also had a little bit of boxing experience, no real training just throwin on the gloves and boxing with friends. Enough to not feel totaly out of place striking, but I'd still get owned by a real striker. Also been in a lot of street fights in which my wrestling was all I needed.
    Last edited by bjjwraslter7; 05-22-2006 at 01:38 PM.

Not really...I wrestled for 5 years and went to camps every summer that is my main strength. I did bjj for a few months but I had to stop because of an unexpected move. I made my sn when I was in it and didn't know I'd be stopping so soon. I picked up a lot of good stuff though, learned a lot of things to compliment my wrestling. In that particular situation I pretty much used only my wrestling up until I choked him. BJJ was a good experience cause I learned the proper way to do chokes and other subs, and did a lot of gaurd work and learned some sweeps and gaurd passes. I'm planning on doing mt and mma over the summer I have just been to busy to get started. I'll probably go to my first practice next week cause I'll be done with school then. Oh I've also had a little bit of boxing experience, no real training just throwin on the gloves and boxing with friends. Enough to not feel totaly out of place striking, but I'd still get owned by a real striker. Also been in a lot of street fights in which my wrestling was all I needed.
    Thats awsome bro. So what would you consider the best to know for street fights?

Personaly I really think folkstyle/collegiate wrestling is the best for street fights. You will be unbelievable at shooting and getting takedowns if you wrestle, and being able to quickly take someone down without getting hit and keep them on their back is more valuable in a street fight than anything else imo. BJJ focuses more on ground fighting, gaurd work, subs ect. and not so much on shots and takedowns. BJJ will usualy own a wrestler because the wrestler will get the takedown but they don't know gaurdwork and subs and will get tapped. In a random street brawl though I doubt anyones gonna be pulling gaurd and working subs. You just want to quickly take them down and pound their face in. If your goal is to choke them to death or break their bones then I guess bjj would be better but most people don't want to take it that far.

Thats awsome bro. So what would you consider the best to know for street fights?
    lol I read your mind, I posted that before I even saw this question. Anyway I think it depends a lot on what kind of place your learning bjj at. The place I went to was more competition oriented as apposed to self defense which made a big difference. It was all gaurd work, rarely did takedowns, and everyone loved being on their back which is not where you want to be in a street fight. If you want to use bjj for street fighting/self defense then train vale tudo not bjj. Vale tudo is pretty much a form of mma, it's like bjj except with striking and gnp thrown in.

lol I read your mind, I posted that before I even saw this question. Anyway I think it depends a lot on what kind of place your learning bjj at. The place I went to was more competition oriented as apposed to self defense which made a big difference. It was all gaurd work, rarely did takedowns, and everyone loved being on their back which is not where you want to be in a street fight. If you want to use bjj for street fighting/self defense then train vale tudo not bjj. Vale tudo is pretty much a form of mma, it's like bjj except with striking and gnp thrown in.
    Vale Tudo...hmm.. Is that common, where can i find a place like that?

Vale Tudo...hmm.. Is that common, where can i find a place like that?
    It's pretty common I think there are a few places around me that do it. Just search the internet for vale tudo or just mma they are pretty much the same thing vale tudo is just more bjj oriented.

im fixin to start some bjj I have a wrestle/boxing background I would really like to try some mma events in the next 1-2 years I would be a heavy weight im 285 6'4 alot on the heavyweight guys seem to be slow and slightly retarded. lol I think I would have a chance which is what everybody thinks when they start out I guess. I would love to fight tim silvia I cant stand that dude