Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    ectoBgone has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ectoBgone has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ectoBgone has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ectoBgone has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ectoBgone has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ectoBgone has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ectoBgone has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ectoBgone has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ectoBgone has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ectoBgone has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ectoBgone has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Re-comp Check-in #1

^^ Still looking great, Vytis

I just finished 3 weeks of aggressive dieting and taking this week to do a de-load and diet break. During the aggressive dieting period I was probably around 1750 calories with 170g of protein, 30% fat, and not much room for carbs after that (I didn't track strictly since I have a lot of history doing so in the past). I definitely started feeling it the last few days and I knew three weeks was about as long as I would stand going into it and planned this de-load for immediately afterward. Next week I will resume a more traditional weight loss diet around 2000-2100 calories. While I am far from where I want to be, I'm generally pleased with how the re-comp plan has been working. Recent pics:

My last weigh-in before the diet break put me at 173lbs. I will probably lean out to about 168 and begin my surplus phase from there.

Review of my de-trained re-comp plan to date:

First 4-5 weeks: Intuitive eating around maintenance, focusing on re-establishing basic lifting mechanics and re-gaining some strength
    Weight Change: 176 to 175.2 (-0.8lbs)
    Waist Change: 34.5 to 34.125 (-0.375 inches)

Three weeks hard dieting: I planned this for right around the time I expected my de-trained body to be most ripe for hypertrophy while in a deficit
    Weight Change: 175.2 to 173 (-2.2lbs)
    Waist Change: 34.125 to 33 (-1.125 inches)

Currently de-loading and eating at intuitive maintenance

In that past I have usually lost 1/8 to 1/4 inch of waist for each pound lost when following the standard 1lb/week protocol, so the 1.125 inch waist loss from just about 2 pounds of weight loss was a sign of a fairly decent recomp.

canonhope has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) canonhope has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) canonhope has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) canonhope has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) canonhope has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) canonhope has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) canonhope has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) canonhope has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) canonhope has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) canonhope has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) canonhope has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by induced_drag View Post
    Little workout update.

This was from tonights leg workout. Been bringing in heavier stuff to bring up my core since I took so much time off lifting heavy. I have been doing 'heavy' deads since Jan 1 and using no-handed squats to tax my core even more 2 days after I dead. I have gotten pretty comfortable with these.

Mirin them glutes.

Good vids. I think my stance is wider than it should be when I squat, and seeing your vids makes me feel stronger about that. Your feet don't look far apart at all, maybe shoulder width?
    Leg day in 2 days.

^^looking good Ectobgone. strong symmetry

Powerlifting in disguise induced_drag's Avatar
    induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Vytis View Post
    Still training, but unfortunately due to injuries I haven't been able to lift with the same consistency and intensity that I would like. Probably like many of you I am still a little unsatisfied with the way I look, and for me my current goal is to reduce body fat (it would be nice to get to single digit fat levels). And as always the trick for me is to coax my upper body to mirror the leanness of my legs....forever shredded legs and keg for abs....whomp, whaaa.....
    You and I fight the same battles. I have found that volume can substitute for heavy weight in 'maintaining'. It has helped a lot of nagging things get better for me. I dont see myself trying to lift heavy again. I will just play with things and find new ways to hit stuff. You are looking good man. (Coming from a guy with the same leg curse wishing the rest of me was as lean )

Originally Posted by ectoBgone View Post

I just finished 3 weeks of aggressive dieting and taking this week to do a de-load and diet break. During the aggressive dieting period I was probably around 1750 calories with 170g of protein, 30% fat, and not much room for carbs after that (I didn't track strictly since I have a lot of history doing so in the past). I definitely started feeling it the last few days and I knew three weeks was about as long as I would stand going into it and planned this de-load for immediately afterward. Next week I will resume a more traditional weight loss diet around 2000-2100 calories. While I am far from where I want to be, I'm generally pleased with how the re-comp plan has been working. Recent pics: p.
    Looking good man. I can see it in your delts for sure!

Originally Posted by canonhope View Post
    Mirin them glutes.

Good vids. I think my stance is wider than it should be when I squat, and seeing your vids makes me feel stronger about that. Your feet don't look far apart at all, maybe shoulder width?
    Leg day in 2 days.

^^looking good Ectobgone. strong symmetry
    Um----ok in a weird way on the glute comment. As for stance, I stand with feet narrower than shoulders. My heels are generally 4-6" apart. My goal is to get as much transfer to my legs as possible (not to lift max weight). I sometimes do with heels touching, but I have to toe-out so much I want to make sure I dont put any undue stress on knees.

If you are looking to work glute/hams, wider squats will do that.
    RAW lifts
    635 Dead http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mATRBZ0gwdg
    585x7 Dead reps http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6yf2ZkdNNNQ
    420 Bench (paused) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MJ2_Q-TLIB8
    535 Squat https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kdgVaiTi4-8&feature=youtu.be

Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Plateauplower View Post
    .... I started the year at 213.6 and currently in the lower 190s (192.2 today). .
    My update:

About 3 weeks later since my first post ITT, and down another 4.6 Lbs at 187.6 today...Training going pretty well, most days. Should be seeing 180 in May rather than June. Approaching my lightest BW since probably my junior year in high school, so 21 years ago lol...

ajdahlheimer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ajdahlheimer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ajdahlheimer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ajdahlheimer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ajdahlheimer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ajdahlheimer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ajdahlheimer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ajdahlheimer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ajdahlheimer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ajdahlheimer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ajdahlheimer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by ajdahlheimer View Post

Goal: I have an outdoor concert weekend/event in June which I liked to cut some decent body fat for.
    My update: I lost 10 pounds in the month of March. Likely mostly water weight, but happy either way. I've got 11 more weeks to diet, so hopefully can lose another 10 or more.
    Epic Beard Man crew

My Journal: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=164109201&page=61

tnthudson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tnthudson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tnthudson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tnthudson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tnthudson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tnthudson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tnthudson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tnthudson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tnthudson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tnthudson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tnthudson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Just found this thread, very nice!
    I'm hitting a 'milestone age' in August (50) so I had two goals written out as far as physical goals:
    1) Bench 225 lbs. My goal is eventually to bench 100 lbs. over my bodyweight, but since I'm cutting I scaled it to 225 lbs. for August. I'm hoping to surpass that well before August, though.
    2) We have a monument area downtown that has 139 steps/terraces. My goal is to do this 25 times in one session, by August. I started at 5 and I'm currently at 16. It's tough!
    But my main goals right now are to 'look better nekkid' and to keep cardiovascular health strong. I have some cholesterol and triglyceride (and glucose) numbers that I'm working on, so I've been hitting cardio 3-4 x/week, which I'm learning to tolerate, haha.

I'm on an upper/lower routine and I love it, I'll probably stick with it and maybe switch up whenever I'm ready to bulk this fall.
    Calipers have me around 14% and Navy Formula at 12 point something %, but unless I start losing fat fast on my abs, it's hard to believe.
    Currently 179 lbs. @ 5'9"
    Hebrews 12: 1,2
    https://peacewithgod.net

Basic Nutrition: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=156380183

dazlittle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dazlittle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dazlittle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dazlittle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dazlittle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dazlittle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dazlittle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dazlittle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dazlittle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dazlittle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dazlittle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Just booked a vacation in 7 weeks time to Fuertaventura, mini cut starts today!!

Great progress TNTHUDSON, I'm sure you'll hit both goals come August.
    Instagram - @dazlittle123

blue9steel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blue9steel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blue9steel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blue9steel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blue9steel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blue9steel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blue9steel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blue9steel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blue9steel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blue9steel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blue9steel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Just finished three week refeed, new nine week cut starts today.

Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Staying at 2000 calories +/- 100 or so Monday to friday, this is my first real week of consciously reducing calories ever, overall I think its sustainable at this level.

However I am watching the clock for that next snack LOL, and saving as much of my calorie budget as I can for the evening meal...which I eat in the early evening after my lifting session. Nothing worse than going to bed hungry.

Monday am the needle on the scale moved a little bit (down), about a pound. And I lost 1/2" on the waist..will see if the trend continues next weigh in, next Monday.

I am a lot more liberal on the weekend with the calories, however no junk; soft drinks, potato chips or beer....that sort of stuff. Had homemade oatmeal/Greek yogurt pancakes on Sunday with my own home made maple syrup...it has medicinal purposes
    Please record my time/reps if I pass out

tnthudson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tnthudson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tnthudson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tnthudson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tnthudson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tnthudson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tnthudson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tnthudson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tnthudson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tnthudson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tnthudson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Cantplankwell, this may or may not be for you, but I've been doing Intermittent Fasting for a few months, and I LOVE having the bulk of my calories in the evenings. I generally eat lunch, a snack, and then I get to eat in the evenings pretty much until bedtime (I still count my calories, though).
    I'm not a fanatic, it just works for me since I could take or leave breakfast, but I really enjoy my dinners!

induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by dazlittle View Post
    Just booked a vacation in 7 weeks time to Fuertaventura, mini cut starts today!!

Great progress TNTHUDSON, I'm sure you'll hit both goals come August.
    Daz.....I admire your conditioning. THAT is what my goal is now.

Originally Posted by blue9steel View Post
    Just finished three week refeed, new nine week cut starts today.
    Consistency over time man. Brick by brick.

Originally Posted by Cantplankwell View Post
    Staying at 2000 calories +/- 100 or so Monday to friday,....)
    Just some advice....'cheating' 2 days a week just keeps you in dieting more that much longer. That is 30% of your week. Better off just biting the bullet and sticking with it and getting to where you want to be. I experimented with many forms of dieting. When there is signifigant weight to lose....just doing a small net deficit sucks just as bad as a large one. ANY hunger feels bad. So the small net deficit,(created by cheating 2 days a week) just means you stay in that zone longer. Just a thought....

I am having a little bit of a hard time finding focus. Random leg pic sitting cold on couch last night. I have dropped some fat....but I have to get my act together to really get into deficit mode. Deadlifting tonight... I think bringing in some heavier lifting will give me some focus. This is the most in "limbo" I have felt in the last 8 years I have been back training. It has been a struggle finding focus. I am just going to keep plugging away, and see what happens.

RAW lifts

Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by tnthudson View Post
    Cantplankwell, this may or may not be for you, but I've been doing Intermittent Fasting for a few months, and I LOVE having the bulk of my calories in the evenings. I generally eat lunch, a snack, and then I get to eat in the evenings pretty much until bedtime (I still count my calories, though).
    I'm not a fanatic, it just works for me since I could take or leave breakfast, but I really enjoy my dinners!
    It may come to that for sure, right now not eating much for breakfast anyway. I like to think of it as "tapering", yesterday I saved around 800 calories to eat after my 5:00pm work out. I ended up coming up short on the protein and just under for the calories. I let it go, just did not feel like eating a can of tuna that late. Totally my bad, and its what happens I guess when you run and gun with the diet and not plan ahead too far.

Consistency over time man. Brick by brick.

Just some advice....'cheating' 2 days a week just keeps you in dieting more that much longer. That is 30% of your week. Better off just biting the bullet and sticking with it and getting to where you want to be. I experimented with many forms of dieting. When there is signifigant weight to lose....just doing a small net deficit sucks just as bad as a large one. ANY hunger feels bad. So the small net deficit,(created by cheating 2 days a week) just means you stay in that zone longer. Just a thought....

Understand totally what you are getting at, its the weight of the numbers....and they don't lie, so just get it done. Besides "cheating" is such an ugly word .

Thanks friends!

Big night for me tonight. I has been 2+ years since I have lifted 'heavy'. I brought deads back in at the start of the year, but have been hesitant to push too had too fast. Today, after 495 felt so good, I decided to commit and slapped another 45 on each side. It has been well over 2 years since I last pulled 6 plates.

I will admit I was a bit nervous. It is a pretty big leap for me to jump up to. I did not want to look stupid either (like I was ego lifting). But I needed to push myself a little or I would never make the leap. I took the last few weeks off deadlifting and was beginning to feel I was avoiding going heavier than 495. Nothing like the present to just decide that you are going to do something.

I am not usually the one to care what others think. (Hence my light training I have been doing for some time is FAR from an ego boost which is fine with me) But quite a few guys in the gym know I "have more in the tank" then I have let on by what I lift the last few years. They bust my chops about it at times. Good dudes and all in fun. It however starts to draw attention when you are putting plates on the bar. It is the reality of lifting in a crowded gym. I think anything you take pride, one naturally wants to do their best. Whether I wanted it or not, I had people looking over at what I was doing.

I put a belt on for the lift. (I dont use a belt unless I go over 5 plates) That was a little weird and I forgot how uncomfortable my belt is.

I set up for my pull and could not find my breath rhythm to commit to pull. I had several cycles of breath that were just off and it was not feeling right. Then my heart rate settled and I felt the first good breath and I knew my set up was close. Two more breaths and I locked in and pulled. I was almost not ready, but it was automatic. Slow off the ground as usual, and from mid shin, I accelerated so hard that that lockout at the top initiated a good bounce of the weight. I lowered nice and slow and in control. The let off at the bottom, caused immediate stars. I gave myself 3 or 4 good breaths and decided to pull again. Same thing.....broke mid shin and accelerated to a lockout.

I only planned on just doing one, but after I did it, I did not want to feel like I was just barely getting it....so I pulled another. Pretty sure I could have pulled one more....or even two. But the feeling of abdominal pressure against the belt was not one I have felt in some time. I erred on the side of caution and know I need to still condition my core to heavy lifting.

All in all....it has been some time since I have felt compelled to write about a workout. I feel good. It was a fun day. I have resolved that this may not be a PR by a long shot. But I can still enjoy it. Feels good.
    RAW lifts

ectoBgone has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ectoBgone has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ectoBgone has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ectoBgone has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ectoBgone has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ectoBgone has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ectoBgone has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ectoBgone has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ectoBgone has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ectoBgone has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ectoBgone has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    That's awesome, ID. Glad you found something to get you charged up since focus had been lacking lately.

blue9steel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blue9steel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blue9steel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blue9steel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blue9steel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blue9steel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blue9steel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blue9steel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blue9steel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blue9steel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blue9steel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I set up for my pull and could not find my breath rhythm to commit to pull. I had several cycles of breath that were just off and it was not feeling right. Then my heart rate settled and I felt the first good breath and I knew my set up was close. Two more breaths and I locked in and pulled. I was almost not ready, but it was automatic.
    I know exactly what you mean, once I'm ready the commit to the pull pretty much just happens. It kind of reminds me of shooting actually. Congrats on a great session, sounds like it went really well.

dazlittle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dazlittle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dazlittle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dazlittle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dazlittle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dazlittle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dazlittle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dazlittle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dazlittle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dazlittle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dazlittle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I'm currently about 3 or 4Lbs off that as I've relaxed a little over winter, should take me 4 weeks to get back to where I was in that photo.

I decided a couple of years ago that I like being lean opposed to being fluffy so I stay around 11-12% year round and just lean out further when I know I'm going to be on a beach for a week!!

Awesome job on the 6 plates, I don't deadlift but you have inspired me to put them back into my routine (maybe)...

sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Let me inject some estrogen in this sausage fest...

My goal is to compete Jun 30th at the NPC Evolution in Santa Clara CA.
    Since the beginning of the year I have lost around 10lbs, and now I am in my 3rd week of actual structured competition prep. I am losing 1lb a week for now. My full log including pics is in my signature.
    Follow my 2018 competition prep here:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=175566421&p=1547462721#post1547462721

Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    ITT we learn ID sits around in his living room in his underwear taking leg pics and also still has a monster DL despite not training it

Originally Posted by sy2502 View Post

Since the beginning of the year I have lost around 10lbs, and now I am in my 3rd week of actual structured competition prep. I am losing 1lb a week for now. My full log including pics is in my signature.
    Sausage fest averted, I hope you were doing calf raises while typing that . My calves saw visible growth and definition when I was doing stairs 1-2X per week though srs. They were real stairs for a toboggan slide and uneven etc. The first time I did them I could barely walk for a week just due to calf soreness (I never train calves, I just hope they get enough work with squats...they don't).

My update:

About 3 weeks later since my first post ITT, and down another 4.6 Lbs at 187.6 today...Training going pretty well, most days. Should be seeing 180 in May rather than June. Approaching my lightest BW since probably my junior year in high school, so 21 years ago lol...
    Another week and now sitting at 184.8 today so down another 2.8 lbs, despite slightly increasing my calories this week. Its a woosh week though it seems, next could be rather disappointing. I'm gonna be a freaking manlet by summer, if I'm not already . Strength on squats and deads is down a bit, but no care, focusing on lean for now, and from previous experience strength will shoot back up quickly when I increase cals to even maintenance levels.

. Strength on squats and deads is down a bit, but no care, focusing on lean for now, and from previous experience strength will shoot back up quickly when I increase cals to even maintenance levels.
    This gives me hope, I hit the wall on benches last night and stalled.

Originally Posted by sy2502 View Post

Nice, I checked out your thread and I'll try to check in some for insight...my wife is trying really hard for a beach cut and her goal weight is 135 (she's 5'8" or a little over). She's doing 1200 calories alot of days, but bounces up to 1500-1800 a day or two a week.

Sausage fest averted, I hope you were doing calf raises while typing that . My calves saw visible growth and definition when I was doing stairs 1-2X per week though srs. They were real stairs for a toboggan slide and uneven etc. The first time I did them I could barely walk for a week just due to calf soreness (I never train calves, I just hope they get enough work with squats...they don't).
    I've been doing stairs for several weeks now; usually 1x per week but I've 'stepped it up' some this week. I actually think it may help my thighs and glutes as well as my calves, not sure if you've noticed that. Stairs are the real deal, though.

EDIT: Missed PPs post, had to chime in on stairs.

Originally Posted by Cantplankwell View Post
    This gives me hope, I hit the wall on benches last night and stalled.
    Bench and OHP are typically the first lifts top see a negative impact from dieting. I'm working around a shoulder issue though so I have not been training presses with max effort so I haven't noticed the decline this time. But I wouldn't worry too much about a 5-10% drop, just make sure lifts don't start tanking and you should be okay. Far more efficient to pursue one goal at a time, and while dieting justr realize you are going to need to train really hard. just to not give up ground sometimes.

Originally Posted by tnthudson View Post
    I've been doing stairs for several weeks now; usually 1x per week but I've 'stepped it up' some this week. I actually think it may help my thighs and glutes as well as my calves, not sure if you've noticed that. Stairs are the real deal, though.

EDIT: Missed PPs post, had to chime in on stairs.
    Yea, its a pretty thorough complete leg workout. My quads/hams, glutes didn't get sore from the stairs because they get trained pretty regularly but probably some benefit there. My legs actually seem to get bigger when I mountain biked a lot on steep terrain than from squats. Not as strong, but slightly bigger. Looking forward to some mountain biking this summer, just for fun. Hopefully I can get out more, I think I only went a few times last year...Very expensive mountain bikes sitting in the garage collecting dust .

. My legs actually seem to get bigger when I mountain biked a lot on steep terrain than from squats. Not as strong, but slightly bigger. Looking forward to some mountain biking this summer, just for fun. Hopefully I can get out more, I think I only went a few times last year...Very expensive mountain bikes sitting in the garage collecting dust .
    I hear you, one of my favourite days of last year, was a full day on 2 wheels, motorcycle up and over the North Yorkshire moors to a MTB cycle hire place, 23 mile MTB Circular route, motorcycle ride home!!

Roll on Summer (usually 2 or 3 days here in England)!

Yea, its a pretty thorough complete leg workout. My quads/hams, glutes didn't get sore from the stairs because they get trained pretty regularly but probably some benefit there. My legs actually seem to get bigger when I mountain biked a lot on steep terrain than from squats. Not as strong, but slightly bigger.
    Stairs are brutal, I used to work next to a tall building and we'd go over and do 22 flights up and down four times at lunch. That's a heck of a workout, though after doing it for a while I started carrying a backpack to add weight, makes me hurt just remembering it. For a while I lived close enough to bike to work, it was about 12 miles each way with lots of hills, got amazing results on quads, hams and glutes considering I wasn't doing much other leg training at the time.

Went to Morton's Steakhouse on Saturday near the end of my refeed and it was a heck of a meal as usual, by Monday I was up about four pounds in temporary weight. Started cutting Monday and I've dropped six pounds from Monday to today, it's all water weight and glycogen but it's still fun. That's why I don't count the first week, after that results tend to match calorie intakes pretty closely.

Payton1221 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Payton1221 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Payton1221 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Payton1221 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Payton1221 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Payton1221 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Payton1221 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Payton1221 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Payton1221 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Payton1221 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Payton1221 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    My calves saw visible growth and definition when I was doing stairs 1-2X per week though srs.
    Years ago I attempted to replace a 30 minute run with approximately 30 minutes of jumping jacks because it was raining. Could not walk stairs for days without hand-over-hand up the rail

My legs actually seem to get bigger when I mountain biked a lot on steep terrain than from squats. Not as strong, but slightly bigger. Looking forward to some mountain biking this summer, just for fun. Hopefully I can get out more, I think I only went a few times last year...Very expensive mountain bikes sitting in the garage collecting dust .
    I really like biking. Tim, get a cheap bike computer (I have the Cateye brand) that includes an odometer and it's a means of challenging yourself (so many miles per week, month, or year). I never do more than 10 miles during any ride, and I've already got over 200 miles for the year which isn't bad considering the weather.

Originally Posted by dazlittle View Post
    I hear you, one of my favourite days of last year, was a full day on 2 wheels, motorcycle up and over the North Yorkshire moors to a MTB cycle hire place, 23 mile MTB Circular route, motorcycle ride home!!

Roll on Summer (usually 2 or 3 days here in England)!
    That sounds like an awesome trip. I grew up riding motorcycles. I had a Harley and Honda XR650 that I sold right before my daughter was born. I still look at them occasionally especially this time of year and in the fall when I really get the itch to ride, but I'll probably wait until the kids are older before getting another just due to risk. Traffic where I live now is relentless and its a long ride just to get out of the busy areas...and people are stupid..

Originally Posted by blue9steel View Post
    Stairs are brutal, I used to work next to a tall building and we'd go over and do 22 flights up and down four times at lunch. That's a heck of a workout, though after doing it for a while I started carrying a backpack to add weight, makes me hurt just remembering it. For a while I lived close enough to bike to work, it was about 12 miles each way with lots of hills, got amazing results on quads, hams and glutes considering I wasn't doing much other leg training at the time.

Went to Morton's Steakhouse on Saturday near the end of my refeed and it was a heck of a meal as usual, by Monday I was up about four pounds in temporary weight. Started cutting Monday and I've dropped six pounds from Monday to today, it's all water weight and glycogen but it's still fun. That's why I don't count the first week, after that results tend to match calorie intakes pretty closely.
    One summer when I was in college I lived in Chicago and was taking a summer school class and working as a PT at an athletic club, commuted everywhere on a bike. That was the only time I have very defined abs without one bit of dietary restraint. Just riding probably 12-14 miles per day total in several trips plus working at a gym and playing around all day there I could eat everything and just kept getting leaner through the summer.

Originally Posted by Payton1221 View Post
    Years ago I attempted to replace a 30 minute run with approximately 30 minutes of jumping jacks because it was raining. Could not walk stairs for days without hand-over-hand up the rail

I really like biking. Tim, get a cheap bike computer (I have the Cateye brand) that includes an odometer and it's a means of challenging yourself (so many miles per week, month, or year). I never do more than 10 miles during any ride, and I've already got over 200 miles for the year which isn't bad considering the weather.
    Me too. I have a Specialized stump Jumper Comp hardtail (US made model I think I paid around $2k in 99) set-up for pavement with high pressure tires and pannier bags, and a $4000 Motobecane FS race bike set up for dirt trails both have wireless computers. We have a really good trail system really close to my house, both off road and paved river trails. I just havn't got to use the bikes as much because I feel bad not being with the family when not at work. I did have a burley trailer and pulled the kids around in that when they were really little, that's a brutal leg workout. Even more motivating than a bike computer is two kids fighting and screaming in a little trailer .

I think I'll get my work stand out tonight after work and get my Mtn bike dialed in and make sure everything is GTG. debating taking my daughters training wheels off of her little bike (6yo) not sure if its too soon.

Posted "funny" thread about this....but it is really not funny and will sideline my heavy lifting for a while at least.

Smashed my toe into a the foot of rower which my wife was nice enough to drag out into the middle of the room Pretty sure it is broken. I cant put any pressure on it, and just trying to put my foot in a shoe is a challenge.

Tonight was supposed to be a squat night and I was going to see how I felt to maybe go up heavy.....instead I will limp in there and just try to get a workout in.....

RAW lifts

ITT we learn ID sits around in his living room in his underwear taking leg pics ....
    Just for you I took some in the gym tonight! Hard to find good lighting in my gym, but these are my 'broken toe' leg day pics. I just did tons of volume. By the end of my workout, my veins looked like they were going to bust open

RAW lifts

Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    2 weeks from today for next PL comp. Been struggling with my squat, my PR is 370 and did a shallow 350 4 weeks ago with a monumental effort. Worked with a trainer, all the IS crew (thanks ID, Flex Etc.) just wasn't coming together. Last night I was alone in the gym and squatted in socks, my last set, I finally put everything together. It's hard to describe, but my body was tight and my mind was loose. I always have a thousand instructions and memories going through my head on heavy squats, but when I just let my body do what I've trained it to do, without all the chatter, it easily gave me the reps I needed.

Deads are a little different, I rattle the weights, get everything tight, clinch my sphincter, get my danger face on and hear JTBNY say "now just stand up." Usually able to stand up just fine, albeit slowly.

My openers are 300 squat, 285 bench and 415 deadlift, that's 1,000 lbs and my total PR is 1190 @ 181, 51 years old.
    Don't put that on me Ricky Bobby, don't you ever put that on me.

Originally Posted by Bando View Post
    2 weeks from today for next PL comp. Been struggling with my squat, my PR is 370 and did a shallow 350 4 weeks ago with a monumental effort. Worked with a trainer, all the IS crew (thanks ID, Flex Etc.) just wasn't coming together. Last night I was alone in the gym and squatted in socks, my last set, I finally put everything together. It's hard to describe, but my body was tight and my mind was loose. I always have a thousand instructions and memories going through my head on heavy squats, but when I just let my body do what I've trained it to do, without all the chatter, it easily gave me the reps I needed.

Deads are a little different, I rattle the weights, get everything tight, clinch my sphincter, get my danger face on and hear JTBNY say "now just stand up." Usually able to stand up just fine, albeit slowly.

My openers are 300 squat, 285 bench and 415 deadlift, that's 1,000 lbs and my total PR is 1190 @ 181, 51 years old.

Very nice! Pretty cool how comfortable something can feel when you are 'in the groove'. When I was doing my close stance no handed bs squats, I found that I did not track well in my Addipowers. As weird as it sounds, the elevated heel did not help me.

I dont know what the difference was for you....but I would not fight it. If your heels like to be down then just let them. Pick up a pair of wrestling shoes and call it a day.

Dont worry about the voices in your head.... Just find your center and go on auto pilot.

I'll share something I do. There is a place where you want to be in your head when you lift. For everyone, this might be different. I have found that for me....it is not a place of calm. I try to make myself as uneasy as possible. When I do it, others on the outside would have no idea. (I dont make noise or yell or something) I have found a few breathing techniques can help initiate the fight or flight response. I start with short shallow breaths, artificially breathing faster and faster. I can feel my level of discomfort grow inside. It starts to make my stomach sick. A sense of trepidation....fear, anger and discomfort all grow in me. When I go to lift...that feeling of uneasiness, is replaced with the stress of the lift. It is like I "pre-stress" myself mentally. I dont wait for the weight to put the fear in me. The lift frees me from the state that I am in.

Might sound like a lot of mumbo-jumbo, but there is little to deny the effect of the mind when it comes to lifting.

Good luck man! Glad you found your groove!
    RAW lifts