Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Robination has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Robination has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Robination has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Robination has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Robination has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Robination has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Robination has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Robination has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Robination has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Robination has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Robination has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Vitamin C View Post
    The rest of the week was business as usual except for Friday. Every day we are supposed to submit a drawing to the instructors in the morning. The drawing is supposed to be funny and poke fun at the coaches, instructors and the students (within reason of course). Well apparently the drawing submitted on Friday irritated one of the Chiefs so - after a long day of swim and run evolutions - he gave us a "beat down" session and followed up with a bunch of forming up and marching just to piss us off.
    lol!

Preventin' teh Scurvy Vitamin C's Avatar
    Location: Various GNCs, Vitamin Worlds, and friendly, local pharmacies
    Vitamin C is just really nice. (+1000) Vitamin C is just really nice. (+1000) Vitamin C is just really nice. (+1000) Vitamin C is just really nice. (+1000) Vitamin C is just really nice. (+1000) Vitamin C is just really nice. (+1000) Vitamin C is just really nice. (+1000) Vitamin C is just really nice. (+1000) Vitamin C is just really nice. (+1000) Vitamin C is just really nice. (+1000) Vitamin C is just really nice. (+1000)

11 NOV 10 - Veteran's Day

Mock exit test is this Monday. Will post scores when completed.

Yesterday had Hooyah PT which is led by the instructors who also walk around and see who is not putting out and send them to the goon squad.

We also did some underwater knot tying, drown proofing and underwater travels to wrap up the day.

More to come in the ensuing weeks.

Happy Veteran's Day!

keitznic will become famous soon enough. (+50) keitznic will become famous soon enough. (+50) keitznic will become famous soon enough. (+50) keitznic will become famous soon enough. (+50) keitznic will become famous soon enough. (+50) keitznic will become famous soon enough. (+50) keitznic will become famous soon enough. (+50) keitznic will become famous soon enough. (+50) keitznic will become famous soon enough. (+50) keitznic will become famous soon enough. (+50) keitznic will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    im in for this thread, keep up the hard work

turbotoast is a name known to all. (+5000) turbotoast is a name known to all. (+5000) turbotoast is a name known to all. (+5000) turbotoast is a name known to all. (+5000) turbotoast is a name known to all. (+5000) turbotoast is a name known to all. (+5000) turbotoast is a name known to all. (+5000) turbotoast is a name known to all. (+5000) turbotoast is a name known to all. (+5000) turbotoast is a name known to all. (+5000) turbotoast is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Rooting for you to make it man. Seems like you have the right mental attitude and physical abilities to become a SEAL. Congrats on doing something very few will ever do.

I always find it funny that my Marine friends brag like they are hot ****, but my two friends who are Rangers are very humble about it, and hardly ever even tell anyone they are Rangers. I'm sure most SEALS are the same way.

Looking forward to your updates and you graduating.

bde10 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Very inspiring I'm rooting for ya

Vitamin C is just really nice. (+1000) Vitamin C is just really nice. (+1000) Vitamin C is just really nice. (+1000) Vitamin C is just really nice. (+1000) Vitamin C is just really nice. (+1000) Vitamin C is just really nice. (+1000) Vitamin C is just really nice. (+1000) Vitamin C is just really nice. (+1000) Vitamin C is just really nice. (+1000) Vitamin C is just really nice. (+1000) Vitamin C is just really nice. (+1000)

Mock Exit PST results

1000 meter swim w/ fins -> 16:46 (20:00)
    2 min. max push ups -> 98 (70)
    2 min. max sit ups -> 88 (60)
    max pull ups -> 14 (10)
    4-mile run in pants and shoes -> 25:38 (31:00)

Minimum passing times/scores are in "()."

namesarehard is a jewel in the rough. (+500) namesarehard is a jewel in the rough. (+500) namesarehard is a jewel in the rough. (+500) namesarehard is a jewel in the rough. (+500) namesarehard is a jewel in the rough. (+500) namesarehard is a jewel in the rough. (+500) namesarehard is a jewel in the rough. (+500) namesarehard is a jewel in the rough. (+500) namesarehard is a jewel in the rough. (+500) namesarehard is a jewel in the rough. (+500) namesarehard is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Great job man. Keep on keeping on. I know you'll get there.
    *Good guy crew*
    *Cares about people crew*
    *Lifts for Strength crew*
    *MMA crew*
    ++ Positive Crew ++

kels_88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kels_88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kels_88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kels_88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kels_88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kels_88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kels_88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kels_88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kels_88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kels_88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kels_88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Awesome! Keep up the hard work man.

Jared145 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jared145 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jared145 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jared145 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jared145 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jared145 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jared145 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jared145 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jared145 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jared145 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jared145 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    This is awesome man. I'm working on getting into the Naval Academy right now and prepare myself to go Special Warfare during those four years. I just got my medical waiver for salmon allergy which means I am qualified for unrestricted line service upon graduation from the academy so I have been pumped and motivated beyond normal levels these past few weeks.

May I just ask how you've prepared yourself physically for BUD/s? Not that you can really fully prepare yourself for the hell that it is.

remodeler is on a distinguished road. (+10) remodeler is on a distinguished road. (+10) remodeler is on a distinguished road. (+10) remodeler is on a distinguished road. (+10) remodeler is on a distinguished road. (+10) remodeler is on a distinguished road. (+10) remodeler is on a distinguished road. (+10) remodeler is on a distinguished road. (+10) remodeler is on a distinguished road. (+10) remodeler is on a distinguished road. (+10) remodeler is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Great job so far Vitamin C! Best of luck with the rest of your journey and most of all, THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE.

Registered User Muscledominatrx's Avatar
    Muscledominatrx is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Muscledominatrx is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Muscledominatrx is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Muscledominatrx is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Muscledominatrx is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Muscledominatrx is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Muscledominatrx is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Muscledominatrx is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Muscledominatrx is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Muscledominatrx is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Muscledominatrx is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    Impressive scores and you have a great mindset about this. Always look at the positives and when the going gets tough, wait it out to the next meal, reassess and continue on. Really hope for the best for you. Be safe and dont get injured.
    Lift-Current/Goal
    Bench-405/700
    Squat-495/805
    Deadlift-585/845
    ***ALL RAW, NO STRAPS CHALK , BELT OR OTHER BS****

tse is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tse is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tse is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tse is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tse is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tse is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tse is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tse is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tse is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tse is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tse is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    This is extremely motivating - congratulations on your achievement so far and I've no doubt they'll keep coming

I'd also like to know how you trained to get such impressive PST results? I'm in the process of enlisting myself and could do with some tips

Best of luck with the future.
    Pain is Weakness Leaving The Body

What Doesn't Kill You Makes You Stronger

Preparation

Prior to BUD/S prep I stayed very active.

Here is a sample week of activity:

Running -> 40-50 miles per week
    Swimming -> approx. 5-6 miles per week
    Physical Training -> push-ups and pull-ups 3-4 days per week (along with abs: situps, planks and flutter kicks)

Very simple as you can see.

My competitive background includes half-marathons, marathons, ultramarathons and triathlons (half-ironman distance).

If you're looking to prepare then utilize a program incorporating running, swimming and bodyweight PT. Do not start off too vigourously. In fact, the beginning should feel insufficient. That is fine. The volume will come over time as you add time to the run, swim and PT. Eventually incorporate higher intensity training (with lower volume) to round yourself out.

I know this is vague but there is no cookie cutter routine I can give anyone looking to prepare themselves for this training. Be proficient at running and swimming different paces/lengths (long slow distance and short, intense efforts) as well as getting as many perfect push ups, pull ups and sit ups (and other ab work) as possible. And I mean absolutely perfect form.

Cheat yourself if you want. You cannot cheat the instructors. Trust me.

Do not worry much about body composition either. Some of the most fit looking people here have the lowest numbers. Bodybuilders are the first to quit or fail.

In the end be honest with yourself and be humble. You need only to compete against yourself. Don't worry about the others.

JontheAtheist has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JontheAtheist has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JontheAtheist has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JontheAtheist has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JontheAtheist has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JontheAtheist has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JontheAtheist has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JontheAtheist has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JontheAtheist has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JontheAtheist has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JontheAtheist has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Thumbs up

This inspired me to watch G.I. Jane again. Lol.

Nice work, man. Seal training is tough.
    "Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength."- Arnold Schwarzenegger

Misc Crew

Combat Veterans Crew

keitznic will become famous soon enough. (+50) keitznic will become famous soon enough. (+50) keitznic will become famous soon enough. (+50) keitznic will become famous soon enough. (+50) keitznic will become famous soon enough. (+50) keitznic will become famous soon enough. (+50) keitznic will become famous soon enough. (+50) keitznic will become famous soon enough. (+50) keitznic will become famous soon enough. (+50) keitznic will become famous soon enough. (+50) keitznic will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    OP since your going through SEAL training, im assuming you know who Danny Dietz is.
    but if you haven't already seen these videos, its his class going through hell week! filmed by a SEAL instructor.
    i find these highly motivating,so hope you do too.

Enjoy!!!

JoeVentura has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Hoorah!

As an LS1 up here in Port Hueneme, I wish you the best of luck brother. Your fitness is in check and you seem to have your head completely in the game. Like it's been stated, it's all mental from here on out. Kick some ass, keep your head up and when you get done we'll go for some runs!

Update - 13 DEC 10

Did the exit test last Friday and I passed.

Next step is going on leave for the holidays and then reporting to BUD/S in January.

Thanks for following along.

More updates to come.

Robination has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Robination has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Robination has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Robination has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Robination has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Robination has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Robination has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Robination has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Robination has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Robination has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Robination has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Vitamin C View Post
    Did the exit test last Friday and I passed.

Next step is going on leave for the holidays and then reporting to BUD/S in January.

Thanks for following along.

More updates to come.
    Nice job bro, looking forward to your updates!

Exotic Game Hunter NuggzTheNinja's Avatar
    NuggzTheNinja has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NuggzTheNinja has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NuggzTheNinja has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NuggzTheNinja has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NuggzTheNinja has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NuggzTheNinja has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NuggzTheNinja has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NuggzTheNinja has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NuggzTheNinja has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NuggzTheNinja has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NuggzTheNinja has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Bro whatever you do, just be careful not to overdo it before you start your BUD/S. Seriously. With your PT scores you should have no problem with the physical aspect.

BTW going through BUD/S in January is going to suck. Have fun!
    This account was created for the purpose of roleplaying and satire. All posts, messages, images, or other media produced by this Bodybuilding.com profile, including stories, names, references to characters and incidents, and views expressed, are fictitious and intended as parody. No identification or association with actual persons (living or deceased), places, buildings, or products is intended or should be inferred.

Bezoar is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bezoar is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bezoar is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bezoar is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bezoar is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bezoar is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bezoar is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bezoar is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bezoar is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bezoar is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bezoar is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by smokeater View Post
    Good job man! 2 tidbits of advice;

1) Take BUDS one evolution at a time (I've yet to see a graduate say something to the contrary)

2) Try not to piss off Instructor Patstone (you'll see why if you do)
    wow ur a dumbass and should get ur ass kicked for pasting cadres name on a ****ing forum.
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=129448593

Do Work Son!

Update - PTRR

Bay swims, O-course runs, 4-mile beach runs, muster drills and introduction to the instructors mark the ins and outs of PTRR.

One more week until Indoc.

We met the O's and are acclimating to the schedule, the expectations and the BUD/S shuffle. Learning a lot and loving every second of it.

More to come.

DocHyg8404 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Been Reading

Ive been reading your post for a while now and look forward to your post each week. As a retired Navy myself you help remind me of the days i was in. And as much as i want back in i kno it isnt possible. Thanks for being my inspiration. I hope everything goes well wit BUD/s and good luck. remeber the majority is mental if u want it u can get it good luck future frogman
    Doc Hyg, Oh hey i got 1 leg haha but the other 1 still aint worth ****

25 FEB 11 - PTRR, Indoc and Phase

PTRR was a joke but we got to meet our officers and get used to some of the in's and out's of interacting with the instructors, keeping our gear squared away and communicating with one another.

Indoc took that to a slighlty different level but still not much different. We left indoc with 180 guys to start Phase one.

Phase one, week one was harsh and long ... and cold, wet and sandy. It's not easy but it is able to be done. We lost 53 guys (all DORs) that week and were crammed with runs, ocean swims, beat down sessions, early mornings, late nights, inspections we were doomed to fail and good 'ol surf torture to boot; as well as IBS (inflatable boat, small) stuff like running with the boat on our heads (sucks) and doing surf passage.

Phase one, week two just ended and it was definitely a long week. We did the usual torture treatment: runs, swims, etc. and added in rock portage for a nice little twist. All in all it was a good week but only in the sense that it ended and I am still here! We lost another 18 guys this week due mostly to performance rolls or med rolls/drops (not as many DORs).

Next week is week 3 and then hell week.

More to come. Thanks for following

Keep going brah

Tiwaz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Tiwaz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Tiwaz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Tiwaz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Tiwaz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Tiwaz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Tiwaz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Tiwaz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Tiwaz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Tiwaz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Tiwaz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Hooyah!

I've been reading your posts & just read your most recent post. Sounds like you have a good attitude & know what you are getting into. I was in #152, many years ago. Things really haven't changed a whole lot. That Pre-BUD/S you were in is different. Did that weed out many? We had a mandatory 2 week Pre-BUD/S back in 88'. We also had a mini-Hellweek that went on. I think we were the only class that had that, (it was 72hrs). As you can see the saying 80% mental and 20% physical is somewhat true. The cold is what gets to most. Well Good Luck!!! Hellweek will be soon & I think you'll do fine with your mindset. Hopefully the guys in 602 (if you are in that bldg) will run your clothes thru the dryer & put candy bars in your pockets We moved to bldg. 618 after Hellweek (it was brand new back then).

Take care & I'll keep up on your posts!
    Thanks for posting your progress, those where actually the best days in the military I had.

smokeater is a name known to all. (+5000) smokeater is a name known to all. (+5000) smokeater is a name known to all. (+5000) smokeater is a name known to all. (+5000) smokeater is a name known to all. (+5000) smokeater is a name known to all. (+5000) smokeater is a name known to all. (+5000) smokeater is a name known to all. (+5000) smokeater is a name known to all. (+5000) smokeater is a name known to all. (+5000) smokeater is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Bezoar View Post
    wow ur a dumbass and should get ur ass kicked for pasting cadres name on a ****ing forum.
    He is a well known BUDS instructor and has been featured on just about every documentary made about BUDS in the last 10 years, by name. No PERSEC was breached. Know what you're talking about before you make accusations.

Vehicle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    good luck

Thats_How_IRoll has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Great thread, hope its going well.

WarWithWeakness will become famous soon enough. (+50) WarWithWeakness will become famous soon enough. (+50) WarWithWeakness will become famous soon enough. (+50) WarWithWeakness will become famous soon enough. (+50) WarWithWeakness will become famous soon enough. (+50) WarWithWeakness will become famous soon enough. (+50) WarWithWeakness will become famous soon enough. (+50) WarWithWeakness will become famous soon enough. (+50) WarWithWeakness will become famous soon enough. (+50) WarWithWeakness will become famous soon enough. (+50) WarWithWeakness will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    It's good to see things are still going well for you. What you're doing is very inspiring.
    A man can only be beaten in two ways: if he gives up, or dies.

Originally Posted by Tiwaz View Post
    I've been reading your posts & just read your most recent post. Sounds like you have a good attitude & know what you are getting into. I was in #152, many years ago. Things really haven't changed a whole lot. That Pre-BUD/S you were in is different. Did that weed out many? We had a mandatory 2 week Pre-BUD/S back in 88'. We also had a mini-Hellweek that went on. I think we were the only class that had that, (it was 72hrs). As you can see the saying 80% mental and 20% physical is somewhat true. The cold is what gets to most. Well Good Luck!!! Hellweek will be soon & I think you'll do fine with your mindset. Hopefully the guys in 602 (if you are in that bldg) will run your clothes thru the dryer & put candy bars in your pockets We moved to bldg. 618 after Hellweek (it was brand new back then).

Take care & I'll keep up on your posts!
    Thanks for posting your progress, those where actually the best days in the military I had.
    Pre-BUD/S did not weed out too many. Most were weeded out prior to 1-1 day and then now as we enter hell week.

We are currently in 602 and just like with your class will be moving into 618 after hell week.

Hell week is a big challenge but it's part of the process. We have trimmed down to our fighting weight as a class and I'm very interested in seeing how we pull together this next week.

Thank you to everyone for your support!

Tomorrow is breakout. I'll update again next weekend