Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Dragger is a name known to all. (+5000) Dragger is a name known to all. (+5000) Dragger is a name known to all. (+5000) Dragger is a name known to all. (+5000) Dragger is a name known to all. (+5000) Dragger is a name known to all. (+5000) Dragger is a name known to all. (+5000) Dragger is a name known to all. (+5000) Dragger is a name known to all. (+5000) Dragger is a name known to all. (+5000) Dragger is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by grapemaster View Post
    Well if you are atheist, and believe in everything came spontaneously. Then why don't you just kill yourself? b/c there is a lot of bad **** in this world, no? Everybody killing each other, and you know you are going to die anyway. So why not take the logical choice and do a painless shot to blow your brains out, without risking possibly a harsher death like burning alive or drowning.
    If it is just spontaneous, you could just as easily be alive again, as another human say... a century from now.

If you don't want to do that, then why not be hedonsitic and self medicating all the time, getting sex all the time, stealing when you can if you aren't going to get caught, etc.???
    Why don't you just kill yourself(I'd vote for that)?

Isn't your heaven supposed to be infinitely better than this dirty mudball full of atheist we call earth? Just get it over with and go to your imaginary heaven.

*Negged for making one of the dumbest comments I've ever heard.
    Last edited by Dragger; 03-05-2008 at 05:08 AM.
    I'm not saying we should kill all the stupid and lazy people, just that we should eliminate warning labels and welfare, let the problem take care of itself.

I do not support military action in Syria.

MJ= Jordan, not Jackson mjfan12's Avatar
    mjfan12 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mjfan12 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mjfan12 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mjfan12 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mjfan12 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mjfan12 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mjfan12 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mjfan12 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mjfan12 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mjfan12 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mjfan12 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    If I had proof of no God (I definately believe in a supreme being) I would go buck wild and do whatever I wanted, whenever.

Live fast, live hard, die young

Strength Sports for Life C Project's Avatar
    C Project has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) C Project has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) C Project has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) C Project has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) C Project has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) C Project has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) C Project has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) C Project has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) C Project has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) C Project has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) C Project has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Well if you are atheist, and believe in everything came spontaneously. Then why don't you just kill yourself? b/c there is a lot of bad **** in this world, no? Everybody killing each other, and you know you are going to die anyway. So why not take the logical choice and do a painless shot to blow your brains out, without risking possibly a harsher death like burning alive or drowning.
    If it is just spontaneous, you could just as easily be alive again, as another human say... a century from now.

If you don't want to do that, then why not be hedonsitic and self medicating all the time, getting sex all the time, stealing when you can if you aren't going to get caught, etc.???
    Because if they kill themselves they'll go to hel-- Ohhh. I get it.

Just because someone is an atheist, doesn't make them a bad person. They enjoy life too, just don't view it the same as believers.
    Moved Squat, Bench, and Deadlift to Yoke, Log, and Stones.

SDMuscleBuddy is just really nice. (+1000) SDMuscleBuddy is just really nice. (+1000) SDMuscleBuddy is just really nice. (+1000) SDMuscleBuddy is just really nice. (+1000) SDMuscleBuddy is just really nice. (+1000) SDMuscleBuddy is just really nice. (+1000) SDMuscleBuddy is just really nice. (+1000) SDMuscleBuddy is just really nice. (+1000) SDMuscleBuddy is just really nice. (+1000) SDMuscleBuddy is just really nice. (+1000) SDMuscleBuddy is just really nice. (+1000)

Wow. Well, for starters, an atheist believes that we only get one shot at life, pardon the pun. Why not get the most out of it? How stupid would it be to end it early, and for what? Because there is a lot of "bad ****" in this world? Ridiculous.

Morality, while largely subjective, has some universal aspects. You mention stealing for example. I don't steal for two reasons: It infringes on the rights of others, and I don't want anyone stealing from me. I believe that not only should we do unto others as we would have them do unto us, I live by the same rules I set for others, and my actions are, or should be, for the benefit of the greatest number of people possible while impacting negatively the fewest. I don't need a threat of eternal damnation to live this way.

iliketodoit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iliketodoit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iliketodoit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iliketodoit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iliketodoit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iliketodoit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iliketodoit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iliketodoit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iliketodoit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iliketodoit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iliketodoit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Inho View Post
    ROFL. The OP owned every religious douche. Get it right.

The question is supposed to be directed to HIMSELF, not Atheists.

Atheists know that this is the only life they are going to get so they make the most out of it.

Religious people in the other hand think there is a heaven or hell (I know, LOL), so they don't care if they die now or later. Hence, when they DO die, and simply rot in a coffin, I'll be able to say:

Congrats you dip**** -

i lol'd

op is dumb****

the 22 year old up above me on this page is too.

eazy_mas is on a distinguished road. (+10) eazy_mas is on a distinguished road. (+10) eazy_mas is on a distinguished road. (+10) eazy_mas is on a distinguished road. (+10) eazy_mas is on a distinguished road. (+10) eazy_mas is on a distinguished road. (+10) eazy_mas is on a distinguished road. (+10) eazy_mas is on a distinguished road. (+10) eazy_mas is on a distinguished road. (+10) eazy_mas is on a distinguished road. (+10) eazy_mas is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    first anti-athiest thread for long time.

You sure you guys are reacting to it in instant
    " You could be nice or you could tell the truth, I tell the truth."

~ Simon Cowell

Registered User NamesAreHardToPick's Avatar
    NamesAreHardToPick will become famous soon enough. (+50) NamesAreHardToPick will become famous soon enough. (+50) NamesAreHardToPick will become famous soon enough. (+50) NamesAreHardToPick will become famous soon enough. (+50) NamesAreHardToPick will become famous soon enough. (+50) NamesAreHardToPick will become famous soon enough. (+50) NamesAreHardToPick will become famous soon enough. (+50) NamesAreHardToPick will become famous soon enough. (+50) NamesAreHardToPick will become famous soon enough. (+50) NamesAreHardToPick will become famous soon enough. (+50) NamesAreHardToPick will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Within the first two lines there was already a caricature of my view of the world. I suppose some might think of life's downs as hard to take, but I view them as ways to appreciate the ups. I find "eternal joy" or "eternal pain" quite depressing actually; in a sense, I am glad some people are religious and look forward to something as such, but some of us find that worse than reality. The good and the bad moments of life should both be appreciated; just as with growth (of anything), it is often the tears, the wounds and the pain that make us become stronger individuals.

Of course, using Mead's symbolic-interactionism it is of no surprise to me that some of us can find a limited life depressing, while others find an infinite life depressing. But I am one of the view that it is life's limits that make is absolutely worth living: the good moments do not last forever, but we should cherish them while we have them.

Many other points have already been elucidated on so there's no need to go into the other information; nonetheless definitely some enjoyable posts in this topic.
    "Fi mutationem vis videre." ~ Mahatma Ghandi

http://www.thedailyplate.com/users/profile/namesarehardtopick/

Geno has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Geno has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Geno has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Geno has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Geno has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Geno has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Geno has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Geno has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Geno has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Geno has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Geno has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by mjfan12 View Post
    If I had proof of no God (I definately believe in a supreme being) I would go buck wild and do whatever I wanted, whenever.

Live fast, live hard, die young
    You are the perfect example of why we need laws.

Watch the triangle brah JAGERBOY's Avatar
    JAGERBOY has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JAGERBOY has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JAGERBOY has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JAGERBOY has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JAGERBOY has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JAGERBOY has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JAGERBOY has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JAGERBOY has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JAGERBOY has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JAGERBOY has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JAGERBOY has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Geno View Post
    LOL, and 38's.
    "If the data is overwhelmingly in favor of evolution, to deny that reality will make us a cult -- some odd group that is not really interacting with the world"- Evangelical Bible scholar Bruce Waltke

Calhexas is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Calhexas is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Calhexas is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Calhexas is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Calhexas is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Calhexas is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Calhexas is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Calhexas is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Calhexas is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Calhexas is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Calhexas is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

As a theist...I'll answer this.

Atheists still have ethics. Atheists still have desires. Atheists still have dreams and a taste for life. Atheists still enjoy living (most of them anyway).

And just because an atheist doesn't believe in sin, doesn't mean they will emerge their life in everything that sin embodies. Criminal punishment still exists...and so does pain.

in ur frig eatin ur foodz sumguy's Avatar
    sumguy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sumguy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sumguy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sumguy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sumguy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sumguy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sumguy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sumguy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sumguy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sumguy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sumguy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Calhexas View Post
    As a theist...I'll answer this.

Atheists still have ethics. Atheists still have desires. Atheists still have dreams and a taste for life. Atheists still enjoy living (most of them anyway).

And just because an atheist doesn't believe in sin, doesn't mean they will emerge their life in everything that sin embodies. Criminal punishment still exists...and so does pain.
    Yes, and if someones morals are only contingent on punishment or reward from God, they really have no morals at all.

Fidelis is just really nice. (+1000) Fidelis is just really nice. (+1000) Fidelis is just really nice. (+1000) Fidelis is just really nice. (+1000) Fidelis is just really nice. (+1000) Fidelis is just really nice. (+1000) Fidelis is just really nice. (+1000) Fidelis is just really nice. (+1000) Fidelis is just really nice. (+1000) Fidelis is just really nice. (+1000) Fidelis is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by JAGERBOY View Post
    LOL, and 38's.
    45 ftw

AKR is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AKR is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AKR is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AKR is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AKR is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AKR is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AKR is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AKR is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AKR is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AKR is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AKR is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Geno View Post
    People like him make me sick. You have serious issues if you have no real morals of your own. Let's hope he never loses his faith.

Originally Posted by sumguy View Post
    Yes, and if someones morals are only contingent on punishment or reward from God, they really have no morals at all.
    Exactly. People that believe there is no morality w/o god are just showing that they are the true immoral ones. Doing something based on rewards and punishment is not being moral; it's just acting to get what you selfishly want.
    Last edited by AKR; 03-05-2008 at 10:36 AM.

Calhexas is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Calhexas is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Calhexas is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Calhexas is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Calhexas is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Calhexas is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Calhexas is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Calhexas is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Calhexas is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Calhexas is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Calhexas is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by sumguy View Post
    No...they have morals...they're just selfishly motivated.

Luckily...I (and more theists than you would like to think) am not in that category.

leafs43 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) leafs43 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) leafs43 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) leafs43 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) leafs43 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) leafs43 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) leafs43 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) leafs43 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) leafs43 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) leafs43 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) leafs43 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    If you are christian why don't you picket peoples funerals and blame death and AIDS on gays?

If you are muslim why don't you blow up buildings for your personal jihad?

If you are some sort of buddhist why don't you light yourself on fire?

See generalizing questions are phunz.

grapemaster is just really nice. (+1000) grapemaster is just really nice. (+1000) grapemaster is just really nice. (+1000) grapemaster is just really nice. (+1000) grapemaster is just really nice. (+1000) grapemaster is just really nice. (+1000) grapemaster is just really nice. (+1000) grapemaster is just really nice. (+1000) grapemaster is just really nice. (+1000) grapemaster is just really nice. (+1000) grapemaster is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by injured44 View Post
    in the end i think alot of atheists are just afraid to kill themselves... the realize life is pointless and death is inevitable but they still have that primitive survival mechanism that makes them fear death (suicide) they still even have children even though they know those children will just continue an endless cycle of life and death with no god and no purpose

they claim subjective purpose can be found through enjoying life but in the end we all die, and consciousness ends so what real purpose can honestly be found.... the answer = none

atheists are sometimes as delusional as theists...
    Thanks... somebody else partially agrees...

the rest of you are blowing it out of proportion or taking offense...

don't think I think the above because I state this, I am basically saying if you are not living hedonistically and primal, you are essentially delusional also to an extent. My posts are meant to be somewhat provocative though, so ...it has worked, it isn't flame bait but meant to make you think... some of you are and have had good responses.
    @__@

Fidelis is just really nice. (+1000) Fidelis is just really nice. (+1000) Fidelis is just really nice. (+1000) Fidelis is just really nice. (+1000) Fidelis is just really nice. (+1000) Fidelis is just really nice. (+1000) Fidelis is just really nice. (+1000) Fidelis is just really nice. (+1000) Fidelis is just really nice. (+1000) Fidelis is just really nice. (+1000) Fidelis is just really nice. (+1000)

don't think I think the above because I state this, I am basically saying if you are not living hedonistically and primal, you are essentially delusional also to an extent. My posts are meant to be somewhat provocative though, so ...it has worked, it isn't flame bait but meant to make you think... some of you are and have had good responses.
    Define "hedonistic" because I'm not totally sure what you mean by that.

Less Than 3 is just really nice. (+1000) Less Than 3 is just really nice. (+1000) Less Than 3 is just really nice. (+1000) Less Than 3 is just really nice. (+1000) Less Than 3 is just really nice. (+1000) Less Than 3 is just really nice. (+1000) Less Than 3 is just really nice. (+1000) Less Than 3 is just really nice. (+1000) Less Than 3 is just really nice. (+1000) Less Than 3 is just really nice. (+1000) Less Than 3 is just really nice. (+1000)

plz explain further how atheists are 'delusional' if they do not act hedonistically. btw, this thread is blatantly flame-bait and pointless whether intentional or not, get real.

grapemaster is just really nice. (+1000) grapemaster is just really nice. (+1000) grapemaster is just really nice. (+1000) grapemaster is just really nice. (+1000) grapemaster is just really nice. (+1000) grapemaster is just really nice. (+1000) grapemaster is just really nice. (+1000) grapemaster is just really nice. (+1000) grapemaster is just really nice. (+1000) grapemaster is just really nice. (+1000) grapemaster is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Less Than 3 View Post
    plz explain further how atheists are 'delusional' if they do not act hedonistically. btw, this thread is blatantly flame-bait and pointless whether intentional or not, get real.
    You are delusional to think that your life serves purpose... if you do agree on the random creation of spontaneous life, it is nice you are in consciousness, but to say it has a point to it, you would be wrong according to your beliefs, correct. The only ethics you have are from fear, or, your delusions about life or how it should be. Ethics is just as much a man made control mechanism as you are viewing as the religious doctrines you do not choose to believe in. They are man made also... Society in the end only controls you to live a bit longer...
    You only really obey them out of a root of fear in your ego b/c you do not want to die, if you violate them, society will lock you up and thus end your life. This is not real either though, no more than what you think about religion. The ones living hedonistically and primal more power to them, if you think that life is pointless more power to you.
    As for killing yourself, if all you ever can know is conciousness... your own... you would never know if you died over and over again... You would come to the EXACT same conclusion being born into this universe assuming you had "conciousness"
    I agree that ethics and law are necessary, to prolong life, and have a better life on the planet, BUT if you do agree that it is pointless in your view of atheism, then all of your ethics should also be pointless and you should have absolutely not fear of death or any possible outcomes you have from violating these. If you are atheist and think you have a point to your life, you are delusional as well.
    Most of the atheists here DO agree so far...whether you know it or not... it had 2 options, one yes was extreme, but made to make a point. The other is your real option in a godless world. Your ethics are just as delusional w/o god or purpose. If you are atheist I just don't believe how you are living in an ethical world based on right and wrong, good or bad, b/c they aren't there! You made them up to save your life, through millions of years of survival mechanism, just as you view religion as control mechanisms.
    @__@

Barbarian440 is just really nice. (+1000) Barbarian440 is just really nice. (+1000) Barbarian440 is just really nice. (+1000) Barbarian440 is just really nice. (+1000) Barbarian440 is just really nice. (+1000) Barbarian440 is just really nice. (+1000) Barbarian440 is just really nice. (+1000) Barbarian440 is just really nice. (+1000) Barbarian440 is just really nice. (+1000) Barbarian440 is just really nice. (+1000) Barbarian440 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Why would I have to subcribe to your notion of what might bring me the most pleasure? I don't have to do anything I don't want to do and I don't want to be some kind of psychotic douchebag. Your argument is that there are no objective moral truths except when enforced by the presence of a god. I don't even have to refute that to win the debate because there is no logical reasoning to support your position in the first place.

Flame bait.

silly creative genius darkblood's Avatar
    darkblood will become famous soon enough. (+50) darkblood will become famous soon enough. (+50) darkblood will become famous soon enough. (+50) darkblood will become famous soon enough. (+50) darkblood will become famous soon enough. (+50) darkblood will become famous soon enough. (+50) darkblood will become famous soon enough. (+50) darkblood will become famous soon enough. (+50) darkblood will become famous soon enough. (+50) darkblood will become famous soon enough. (+50) darkblood will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I have empathy for other people. I respect the rights of others, because I trust that others would respect my rights.

Hedonism and excess can be fun in the short term, but it is not a way to live. The excess would become stale after a while. I find a life more meaningful is one where I discover new things every day, alleviate suffering, and help others to alleviate their suffering.

Please stop using broad generalizations. It only makes you look like an ass.
    "Bow down... bow down... before the power of Santa! Or be crushed... be crushed... by his jolly boots of doom!" --Elves:: Invader Zim episode 29, The Most Horrible Xmas Ever

No one on ignore list. I do not fear conflicting perspectives.

Instant Runoff Voting: demolish the two-party dictatorship - http://www.instantrunoff.com/

Inev has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Inev has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Inev has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Inev has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Inev has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Inev has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Inev has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Inev has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Inev has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Inev has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Inev has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    You are delusional to think that your life serves purpose...
    Ahh, thinking . . . there is your problem.

Just as you "think" god gives your life purpose. Atheist "think" that family and loved ones give their life purpose. imagine that . . .

Originally Posted by Inev View Post
    Ahh, thinking . . . there is your problem.

Just as you "think" god gives your life purpose. Atheist "think" that family and loved ones give their life purpose. imagine that . . .
    Do you agree you are here by spontaniety of billions of years of evolution? If so you are a product of reproduction that happens to have the ability to be aware of his/her surroundings, nothing more.

Remember I give you two options in original post... though they are harsh, they are options meant to make you think... as you say. You don't think you are deluded in your purpose?

I will quote another poster for this:"they claim subjective purpose can be found through enjoying life but in the end we all die, and consciousness ends so what real purpose can honestly be found.... the answer = none"
    @__@

SDMuscleBuddy is just really nice. (+1000) SDMuscleBuddy is just really nice. (+1000) SDMuscleBuddy is just really nice. (+1000) SDMuscleBuddy is just really nice. (+1000) SDMuscleBuddy is just really nice. (+1000) SDMuscleBuddy is just really nice. (+1000) SDMuscleBuddy is just really nice. (+1000) SDMuscleBuddy is just really nice. (+1000) SDMuscleBuddy is just really nice. (+1000) SDMuscleBuddy is just really nice. (+1000) SDMuscleBuddy is just really nice. (+1000)
    You are delusional to think that your life serves purpose... if you do agree on the random creation of spontaneous life, it is nice you are in consciousness, but to say it has a point to it, you would be wrong according to your beliefs, correct. The only ethics you have are from fear, or, your delusions about life or how it should be. Ethics is just as much a man made control mechanism as you are viewing as the religious doctrines you do not choose to believe in. They are man made also... Society in the end only controls you to live a bit longer...
    You only really obey them out of a root of fear in your ego b/c you do not want to die, if you violate them, society will lock you up and thus end your life. This is not real either though, no more than what you think about religion. The ones living hedonistically and primal more power to them, if you think that life is pointless more power to you.
    As for killing yourself, if all you ever can know is conciousness... your own... you would never know if you died over and over again... You would come to the EXACT same conclusion being born into this universe assuming you had "conciousness"
    I agree that ethics and law are necessary, to prolong life, and have a better life on the planet, BUT if you do agree that it is pointless in your view of atheism, then all of your ethics should also be pointless and you should have absolutely not fear of death or any possible outcomes you have from violating these. If you are atheist and think you have a point to your life, you are delusional as well.
    Most of the atheists here DO agree so far...whether you know it or not... it had 2 options, one yes was extreme, but made to make a point. The other is your real option in a godless world. Your ethics are just as delusional w/o god or purpose. If you are atheist I just don't believe how you are living in an ethical world based on right and wrong, good or bad, b/c they aren't there! You made them up to save your life, through millions of years of survival mechanism, just as you view religion as control mechanisms.
    re: the underlined sentence: Why do you say this? We have evolved to a point where we understand right and wrong, have we not? Why do you assume that we are not still evolving? Who's to say that we aren't going to become more God-like?

Originally Posted by SDMuscleBuddy View Post
    re: the underlined sentence: Why do you say this? We have evolved to a point where we understand right and wrong, have we not? Why do you assume that we are not still evolving? Who's to say that we aren't going to become more God-like?
    If anything it is more like memetics that we keep carrying from generation to generation... I don't think we evolved to understand right and wrong at all... I believe we act on fear and self survival as well as familial survival to our lineage and cling to life. I have no arguments that we could become more "god like" and actually start creating stuff... Our understanding of the universe is probably still pretty limited. Good post.
    @__@

Lager1 is not very helpful. (-500) Lager1 is not very helpful. (-500) Lager1 is not very helpful. (-500) Lager1 is not very helpful. (-500) Lager1 is not very helpful. (-500) Lager1 is not very helpful. (-500) Lager1 is not very helpful. (-500) Lager1 is not very helpful. (-500) Lager1 is not very helpful. (-500) Lager1 is not very helpful. (-500) Lager1 is not very helpful. (-500)

Thumbs down

grapemaster, in case you didn't know already, you got destroyed by this thread, and you demonstrated that you draw your morals from fear of punishment.

you are a disgusting human being and I am in awe of your stupidity, and I can't believe people like you actually exist.

Truth Seeker user89489489438943's Avatar
    user89489489438943 is not very well liked. (-100) user89489489438943 is not very well liked. (-100) user89489489438943 is not very well liked. (-100) user89489489438943 is not very well liked. (-100) user89489489438943 is not very well liked. (-100) user89489489438943 is not very well liked. (-100) user89489489438943 is not very well liked. (-100) user89489489438943 is not very well liked. (-100) user89489489438943 is not very well liked. (-100) user89489489438943 is not very well liked. (-100) user89489489438943 is not very well liked. (-100)
    Originally Posted by smj5351 View Post
    grapemaster, in case you didn't know already, you got destroyed by this thread, and you demonstrated that you draw your morals from fear of punishment.

you are a disgusting human being and I am in awe of your stupidity, and I can't believe people like you actually exist.
    HAHA.

I like you.

Reps on recharge.
    Inho ~

"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful."

-- Seneca the Younger

Originally Posted by smj5351 View Post

as do you... it is at your root. perhaps you just don't know it b/c you are too lost in the ego that has built up in you over the years. it is only fear of survival. to think otherwise is delusional. it is quite odd how emotional you get to defend your way of life when it is called out though, I totally understand though, your LIFE is on the line, essentially if your ethical system would prove to not exist. I am really just saying you guys should accept the reasoning behind it if you are going to think as an atheist and not thinking in a deluded purpose...If you can accept atheism, you should be able to accept your ethics are also man made ideas the same way you view religion as well and function as a part of your ego and your ingrained survival mechanism in your brain. Who is really stupid, me pointing this out, or all of you getting mad and negging. If you are so ethical shouldn't you try to help a fellow human.. pleaseee. You're just showing your animalistic nature right there.
    Last edited by grapemaster; 03-05-2008 at 01:47 PM.
    @__@

silly creative genius darkblood's Avatar
    darkblood will become famous soon enough. (+50) darkblood will become famous soon enough. (+50) darkblood will become famous soon enough. (+50) darkblood will become famous soon enough. (+50) darkblood will become famous soon enough. (+50) darkblood will become famous soon enough. (+50) darkblood will become famous soon enough. (+50) darkblood will become famous soon enough. (+50) darkblood will become famous soon enough. (+50) darkblood will become famous soon enough. (+50) darkblood will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    as do you... it is at your root. perhaps you just don't know it b/c you are too lost in the ego that has built up in you over the years. it is only fear of survival. to think otherwise is delusional. it is quite odd how emotional you get to defend your way of life when it is called out though, I totally understand though, your LIFE is on the line, essentially if your ethical system would prove to not exist. I am really just saying you guys should accept the reasoning behind it if you are going to think as an atheist and not thinking in a deluded purpose...If you can accept atheism, you should be able to accept your ethics are also man made ideas the same way you view religion as well and function as a part of your ego and your ingrained survival mechanism in your brain. Who is really stupid, me pointing this out, or all of you getting mad and negging. If you are so ethical shouldn't you try to help a fellow human.. pleaseee. You're just showing your animalistic nature right there.
    So it appears you are not open for discussion, as you just keep trying to push your own warped view of what you think athiests are.

Even if you are an athiest you will never understand how other athiests think. Only the individual knows the reasons why they believe the things they believe.
    "Bow down... bow down... before the power of Santa! Or be crushed... be crushed... by his jolly boots of doom!" --Elves:: Invader Zim episode 29, The Most Horrible Xmas Ever

No one on ignore list. I do not fear conflicting perspectives.

Instant Runoff Voting: demolish the two-party dictatorship - http://www.instantrunoff.com/

as do you... it is at your root. perhaps you just don't know it b/c you are too lost in the ego that has built up in you over the years. it is only fear of survival. to think otherwise is delusional. it is quite odd how emotional you get to defend your way of life when it is called out though, I totally understand though, your LIFE is on the line, essentially if your ethical system would prove to not exist. I am really just saying you guys should accept the reasoning behind it if you are going to think as an atheist and not thinking in a deluded purpose...If you can accept atheism, you should be able to accept your ethics are also man made ideas the same way you view religion as well and function as a part of your ego and your ingrained survival mechanism in your brain. Who is really stupid, me pointing this out, or all of you getting mad and negging. If you are so ethical shouldn't you try to help a fellow human.. pleaseee. You just showing your animalistic nature right there.
    I will not accept your reasoning. I do not accept the notion that ethics are either man-made or an endowment of our creator, whatever that may be. I deny the false choice here. The concept of Karma, for example, does not (in some beliefs) rely on a supreme being, but knowing that good deeds will result in good things happening in return is sound reasoning behind human ethical behavior. This is the same reasoning that is the basis of the Biblical quote about casting bread upon the water.