Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Kiknskreem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kiknskreem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kiknskreem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kiknskreem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kiknskreem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kiknskreem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kiknskreem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kiknskreem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kiknskreem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kiknskreem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kiknskreem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Kiknskreem View Post
    Lol, no.

Even accepting that that was violence in the name of atheism, it is but one example compared to the countless examples of religious violence and persecution.
    Lol at Curlbrah ignoring that which decimates his point.
    http://youtube.com/user/Kiknskreem

PappaDan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PappaDan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PappaDan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PappaDan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PappaDan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PappaDan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PappaDan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PappaDan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PappaDan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PappaDan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PappaDan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    must.....not...smoke ...but so much....thread satisfaction

GodofBasketball is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GodofBasketball is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GodofBasketball is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GodofBasketball is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GodofBasketball is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GodofBasketball is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GodofBasketball is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GodofBasketball is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GodofBasketball is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GodofBasketball is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GodofBasketball is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    uhhh op u really have faith in mankind to not fight and do dumb sh!t with or without God.. best of luck.

I'm asking you atheists to ESTABLISH a STRONG MORAL AND ETHICAL SOCIETY which rewards what is right and what is wrong and to define what is right and wrong. It's easy as fukk to criticize the past in hindisght. And do you think people will obey and abide by that. Take a look at the people around you. How many people out of a bunch are truly in search of truth, light, and fukking care about whats right and wrong. No, these mutherphuckers are irrational, ego-driven, pleasure-driven and motivated by many others things and thtas the dark truth of it all. there ar emore scum than stars.

beta b!tches, slores and hoes, racist kunts, violent drunks etc. etc. they will be here till the end of time.

Right now you guys are sounding like whiny girls whining about the patriarchy (srs) All complaint, no solution.

As "evil" as it may seem the belief and fear of hell has dissuaded many, i repeat MANY countless amount of people from doing bad things. I'm a rleigious dude but I wouldn't give two sh!ts if all of a sudden all the Catholics turned Atheists. All I ask is that your "evolution" and the advance of technology respect human life and establish a system devoted to truth that will dissuade bad sh!t from happening.

CurlBrah will become famous soon enough. (+50) CurlBrah will become famous soon enough. (+50) CurlBrah will become famous soon enough. (+50) CurlBrah will become famous soon enough. (+50) CurlBrah will become famous soon enough. (+50) CurlBrah will become famous soon enough. (+50) CurlBrah will become famous soon enough. (+50) CurlBrah will become famous soon enough. (+50) CurlBrah will become famous soon enough. (+50) CurlBrah will become famous soon enough. (+50) CurlBrah will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by newtmiscer View Post
    How many crusades and holy wars have been waged in the name of atheism
    how many land disputes have happened solely because of atheism

Ever since the dawn of the religion it has done nothing but hamper the progression of man. its like giving a bunch of immature children some equally nice toys, but they each feel the need to brag/point out how theirs is superior, and the pissing match eventually progresses to fighting (WAR).
    None for the answer on holy wars ... but for land disputes? Look up Soviet Union persecution of Christians. If you read my previous post you'd see the point I'm trying to make. The Crusades = centuries ago, the atheist/communist persecution of anyone believing in religion? Just a few decades ago. What's more relevant to the conversation? Hmm? Answer me please.

Oh and to Kiknskreem, you can't overlook that fact of the atheist/communist persecution of believers. You're basically thinking of this as a numbers game. And plus, since when did golden commandment of 'treat others the way the way you want to be treated' directly enforce/incite violence?

newtmiscer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) newtmiscer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) newtmiscer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) newtmiscer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) newtmiscer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) newtmiscer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) newtmiscer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) newtmiscer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) newtmiscer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) newtmiscer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) newtmiscer is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    godofbasketball are you retarded? you seriously think in this day and age that religion provides strong morals and ethics?

brb priests abuse power and molest kids, pardoned by corrupt pope. no problem there...
    brb muslim extremists have no problem blowing up themselves/other innocent people for 72 virgins in heaven. sounds pretty selfish and immoral to me.

There is no enforcable code of ethics and morality that does not seriously strip people of their rights. Start tolerating people that don't share your personal code of ethics, because religion is NOT on the rise. All I ask is that you and your religious zealots/nutjobs stay out of the way of sane, human progression

Originally Posted by CurlBrah View Post
    None for the answer on holy wars ... but for land disputes? Look up Soviet Union persecution of Christians. If you read my previous post you'd see the point I'm trying to make. The Crusades = centuries ago, the atheist/communist persecution of anyone believing in religion? Just a few decades ago. What's more relevant to the conversation? Hmm? Answer me please.

Oh and to Kiknskreem, you can't overlook that fact of the atheist/communist persecution of believers. You're basically thinking of this as a numbers game. And plus, since when did golden commandment of 'treat others the way the way you want to be treated' directly enforce/incite violence?
    it was not the athiests choice though, it was the governments choice. Do you know what communism is? Its where the few make the decisions for the many, including what to think and say. Your example is one of communism failing as a means of government, not of atheism causing even a fraction of the strife that religion has caused, is causing, and will cause until it is eradicated.

Kiknskreem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kiknskreem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kiknskreem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kiknskreem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kiknskreem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kiknskreem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kiknskreem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kiknskreem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kiknskreem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kiknskreem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kiknskreem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    The Crusades = centuries ago, the atheist/communist persecution of anyone believing in religion? Just a few decades ago. What's more relevant to the conversation? Hmm? Answer me please.
    Religious conflict continues to this day, this isn't merely a discussion of Christianity. Nice dodge though.

Oh and to Kiknskreem, you can't overlook that fact of the atheist/communist persecution of believers.
    I said violence in the name of religion is extremely common, but not so with atheism. Your rebuttal has been to bring up a SINGLE EXAMPLE of persecution by atheists.

You made a stupid post, own up to it.

sandaltan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sandaltan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sandaltan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sandaltan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sandaltan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sandaltan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sandaltan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sandaltan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sandaltan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sandaltan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sandaltan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Nice ad hominem attacks. Yeah, it screams teenager because you looked at my description and decided for yourself that you wouldn't listen to a word I said.
    Nice way of reversing the subject. You made an example of stalin, lenin, and hitler all eradicating religion in their respective countries. And then YOU go back and try to say oh wait ... "Hitler preferred Lutheranism."

Take up a class or two in 20th century history and maybe you can understand my argument.
    dude you said hitler preferred lutheranism, not me. how could anyone understand your argument when you think i said the things that you actually said? thats crazy! if i said "hitler was short" and then in my next post said "YOURE the one who said hitler was short!" nobody would listen because youre nuts and require an aide.

sandaltan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sandaltan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sandaltan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sandaltan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sandaltan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sandaltan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sandaltan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sandaltan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sandaltan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sandaltan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sandaltan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    the atheist/communist persecution of anyone believing in religion? Just a few decades ago. What's more relevant to the conversation? Hmm? Answer me please.
    what is wrong with you? do you actually think atheism is the same as communism? cuz thats what youre post says. this cant be real. the atheist SLASH communist persecution?? lollllllll. ya, the terms are interchangeable.

HAI guise do you remember the atheist regime in russia that slaughtered tons of their own people?

you mean the fascist regime?

ya the atheist regime. i mean communist. same thing AMIRITE!?

CurlBrah will become famous soon enough. (+50) CurlBrah will become famous soon enough. (+50) CurlBrah will become famous soon enough. (+50) CurlBrah will become famous soon enough. (+50) CurlBrah will become famous soon enough. (+50) CurlBrah will become famous soon enough. (+50) CurlBrah will become famous soon enough. (+50) CurlBrah will become famous soon enough. (+50) CurlBrah will become famous soon enough. (+50) CurlBrah will become famous soon enough. (+50) CurlBrah will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Religious conflict continues to this day, this isn't merely a discussion of Christianity. Nice dodge though.
    I said violence in the name of religion is extremely common, but not so with atheism. Your rebuttal has been to bring up a SINGLE EXAMPLE of persecution by atheists.

You made a stupid post, own up to it.
    I'm not dodging you, I'm answering every question. Just because my rebuttal consists of millions of lives, doesn't mean it's negated by the fact that it's one example. Give some of the "thousands of examples" I'm dying to hear them. (in b4 terrorists blowin' up, in b4 priest scandal, in b4 no hetero)

Originally Posted by sandaltan View Post
    dude you said hitler preferred lutheranism, not me. how could anyone understand your argument when you think i said the things that you actually said? thats crazy! if i said "hitler was short" and then in my next post said "YOURE the one who said hitler was short!" nobody would listen because youre nuts and require an aide.
    Are you suffering from short term memory loss? Here's what you said ...

what resulted was the eradication of ANYTHING that pointed to a power higher than the despot (stalin, lenin, hitler, etc), including religion. atheism has zero to do with it.
    Then you reverse and say this??

youre right though, if someone knows anything at all about hitler, they know he preferred the lutherianism branch of martin luther. duh.
    You contradict yourself on almost every post. Your facts are misguided. Like I said before, take a history class, then come back to with me your new found knowledge.

I'm not dodging you, I'm answering every question.
    Actually, you're putting forth a complete dodge. We are discussing religion, and your defense is "Well, there hasn't been much Christian violence as of late." Its totally besides the point, since the topic at hand is religion in general, not Christianity.

Just because my rebuttal consists of millions of lives, doesn't mean it's negated by the fact that it's one example.
    Yes, actually, it is, since the subject in question is how common violence and persecution are on account of religion/atheism.

Give some of the "thousands of examples" I'm dying to hear them. (in b4 terrorists blowin' up, in b4 priest scandal, in b4 no hetero)
    Here you will find a brief synopsis of some major religious conflicts...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religious_war
    Last edited by Kiknskreem; 12-11-2011 at 10:05 PM.

Actually, its a complete dodge. We are discussing religion, and your defense is "Well, there hasn't been much Christian violence as of late. Its totally besides the point, since the topic at hand is religion in general.

Yes, actually, it is, since the subject in question is the propensity for violence and persecution on account of religion/atheism.

Here you will find a brief synopsis of some major religious conflicts...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religious_war
    No, those wars cannot be pointed to as a direct consequence of religion. You're badly misguided.
    Here ...

At the core of the Islam-Palestine conflict that is around today, it's not religion, it's about LAND. Even if you take the religious overtones away, it would still be about LAND.

Also, can the wars between the French and English be called religious just because one is Protestant and one is Catholic? It's about material goods and ... you guessed it .. LAND. But, I will admit that Muslim terrorists are wrong for what they are doing.

You can't contribute them together, but here's your numbers game.

The indisputable fact is that all the religions of the world put together have in 2,000 years not managed to kill as many people as have been killed in the name of atheism in the past few decades.
    Ouch. I'm going to sleep right now, but if you have any more questions/inquiries/comments/concerns shoot me a Prime Minister.

No, those wars cannot be pointed to as a direct consequence of religion. You're badly misguided.
    Did you even read the first line of the page?

Here ya go dumbfuk...

A religious war; Latin: bellum sacrum; is a war caused by, or justified by, religious differences.

Ouch. I'm going to sleep right now, but if you have any more questions/inquiries/comments/concerns shoot me a Prime Minister.
    How fukcing stupid can you be?

The reason The Soviet Union took more lives is due to there being more people and more advanced technology in the 1900's than in previous centuries. Nothing to do with the ideology in play.

And as I already have told you several times now, the issue was HOW COMMON such violence is, not the extent of said violence.

You fail. You're a ****ing idiot. Good riddance.

ne12o is not very helpful. (-500) ne12o is not very helpful. (-500) ne12o is not very helpful. (-500) ne12o is not very helpful. (-500) ne12o is not very helpful. (-500) ne12o is not very helpful. (-500) ne12o is not very helpful. (-500) ne12o is not very helpful. (-500) ne12o is not very helpful. (-500) ne12o is not very helpful. (-500) ne12o is not very helpful. (-500)
    dumb thread,
    religion was never intended and is netiher followed or believed to be the source of knowledge by any followers of religions.

i like how retards talk aabout religion = christianity

Did you even read the first line of the page?

Here ya go dumbfuk...
    Okay, fine, I will pretend that I accept your proposition, but here's the deal breaker for you. You like numbers? Here it is.

The indisputable fact is that all the religions of the world put together have in 2,000 years not managed to kill as many people as have been killed in the name of atheism in the past few decades.

You like numbers? Here it is.
    The question has never been how many total people were killed, obviously modern war technology is better at killing people than ancient technology.

The question was HOW COMMON such violence is. You've provided one example, while there are innumerable examples of religious conflict throughout history.

Keep dodging the truth.

Here ...

At the core of the Islam-Palestine conflict that is around today, it's not religion, it's about LAND. Even if you take the religious overtones away, it would still be about LAND.

Also, can the wars between the French and English be called religious just because one is Protestant and one is Catholic? It's about material goods and ... you guessed it .. LAND. But, I will admit that Muslim terrorists are wrong for what they are doing.

did you just make up a quote and then post it as fact?

Oh and I can tell you're very angry and frustrated. It's okay. I know the argument is finished once the person starts saying ..

You're a ****ing idiot. How fukcing stupid can you be? Here ya go dumbfuk...
    It's sad and pathetic that a 25 year old man can't hold a proper debate/argument without fuming. Ahh, well good night.

Oh and I can tell you're very angry and frustrated. It's okay. I know the argument is finished once the person starts saying ..
    Dodging the truth once again I see. See below.

The question has never been how many total people were killed, obviously modern war technology is better at killing people than ancient technology.

The question was HOW COMMON such violence is. You've provided one example, while there are innumerable examples of religious conflict throughout history.

Keep dodging the truth.

Chaosfury is on a distinguished road. (+10) Chaosfury is on a distinguished road. (+10) Chaosfury is on a distinguished road. (+10) Chaosfury is on a distinguished road. (+10) Chaosfury is on a distinguished road. (+10) Chaosfury is on a distinguished road. (+10) Chaosfury is on a distinguished road. (+10) Chaosfury is on a distinguished road. (+10) Chaosfury is on a distinguished road. (+10) Chaosfury is on a distinguished road. (+10) Chaosfury is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    This entire thread is bull****. While you guys bash on Christianity here, no one really gives a **** in the real world. It's like philosophy, neither side ever really wins if there is at least one argument standing

It's sad and pathetic that a 25 year old man can't hold a proper debate/argument without fuming. Ahh, well good night.
    Its sad and pathetic that you can't own up to the plain language of the thread and accept that one example does not prove atheistic violence to be more common than religious violence.

There are many more examples of religious conflict. Hence, religious conflict is more common. That millions died in the soviet union is completely irrelevant, it is but one example.

Talking to you is like talking to a wall, the facts keep bouncing off.

"but millions died"

"Yes, but its only one example, that doesn't make such violence more common"

"But millions died!"

facepalm.

Its sad and pathetic that you can't own up to the plain language of the thread and accept that one example does not prove atheistic violence to be more common than religious violence.
    Okay good job negging me because you can't hold your own in a debate. You resort to ad hominem attacks because you cannot back up anything that you say. It's sad and pathetic that a 25 "self employed" man can't hold his own weight. You think the act of negging intimidates me? No, you're a joke. You gave up, you know it. I'm going to sleep, good luck with your pathetic existence.

Keep arguing with these words and we'll see how far that gets you ...
    You're a ****ing idiot. How fukcing stupid can you be? Here ya go dumbfuk...

Okay good job negging me because you can't hold your own in a debate. You resort to ad hominem attacks because you cannot back up anything that you say. It's sad and pathetic that a 25 "self employed" man can't hold his own weight. You think the act of negging intimidates me? No, you're a joke. You gave up, you know it. I'm going to sleep, good luck with your pathetic existence.

Keep arguing with these words and we'll see how far that gets you ...
    Holy **** dude, I've laid out the argument a half dozen times... you just keep ignoring it in favor of pointing out the fact that I've called you a retard.

Notice how you cropped my post which you just quoted, the part which contained the argument?

Case in point.

There are many more examples of religious conflict. Hence, religious conflict is more common. That millions died in the soviet union is completely irrelevant, it is but one example.

Talking to you is like talking to a wall, the facts keep bouncing off.

"but millions died"

"Yes, but its only one example, that doesn't make such violence more common"

"But millions died!"

facepalm.
    Oh look, its the argument which you keep ignoring because it clearly proves you wrong.

Nutcase will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nutcase will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nutcase will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nutcase will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nutcase will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nutcase will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nutcase will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nutcase will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nutcase will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nutcase will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nutcase will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    That was up there with the most retarded posts of 2011, and im not even religious. (the OP)
    And whats up with blaming religion for conflicts? strong idiots.
    BRB people will fight over ANYTHING religion is just one thing that makes us different and that we will fight over.

inb4 OP wants to make 1 super race of zombies thats exactly that same as each other so nobody has any differences to fight over lol

If every man was the same, and every woman was the same, the men and women would fight over gender srs they almost already do lol
    Last edited by Nutcase; 12-11-2011 at 10:29 PM.
    *Misc Zombie Response Team*

Very angry man

I rep back just ask
    I neg back if unreasonable

Vitiell0 is just really nice. (+1000) Vitiell0 is just really nice. (+1000) Vitiell0 is just really nice. (+1000) Vitiell0 is just really nice. (+1000) Vitiell0 is just really nice. (+1000) Vitiell0 is just really nice. (+1000) Vitiell0 is just really nice. (+1000) Vitiell0 is just really nice. (+1000) Vitiell0 is just really nice. (+1000) Vitiell0 is just really nice. (+1000) Vitiell0 is just really nice. (+1000)
    OP best post Ive read on the misc in a while

Apocc is just really nice. (+1000) Apocc is just really nice. (+1000) Apocc is just really nice. (+1000) Apocc is just really nice. (+1000) Apocc is just really nice. (+1000) Apocc is just really nice. (+1000) Apocc is just really nice. (+1000) Apocc is just really nice. (+1000) Apocc is just really nice. (+1000) Apocc is just really nice. (+1000) Apocc is just really nice. (+1000)
    Oh look, its the argument which you keep ignoring because it clearly proves you wrong.
    I love you bro (no homer)

Youll never ever catch me datniche's Avatar
    datniche has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) datniche has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) datniche has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) datniche has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) datniche has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) datniche has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) datniche has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) datniche has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) datniche has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) datniche has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) datniche has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by datniche View Post
    repped. Religion is ****
    I got negged for saying this.....seriously misc? Didn't realize we were living in the goddamn 1600s.

Rep me if you're not a delusional *******. I'll tell Jesus or whatever
    Internet money works in real life.

The past inside the present.

SMASH23 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SMASH23 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SMASH23 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SMASH23 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SMASH23 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SMASH23 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SMASH23 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SMASH23 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SMASH23 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SMASH23 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SMASH23 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    not religious. but religion will never die. ppl will continue to hold onto it. some religions will change/alter in nature and directive, new religions will spring into affect over the years, but there will always be religion. though atheists will probably become dominant as science and the world advances, there will always been the minorities. until the end of man. in which case, if man were to be endangered, you would see a shift to more religious cultures. and we would be back to square 1.

OllieSA is just really nice. (+1000) OllieSA is just really nice. (+1000) OllieSA is just really nice. (+1000) OllieSA is just really nice. (+1000) OllieSA is just really nice. (+1000) OllieSA is just really nice. (+1000) OllieSA is just really nice. (+1000) OllieSA is just really nice. (+1000) OllieSA is just really nice. (+1000) OllieSA is just really nice. (+1000) OllieSA is just really nice. (+1000)
    Agree with the sentiment that as society advances in all fields, "supernatural influence" diminishes. The "god-of-the-gaps" -- itself a watered down idea in stark contrast to the scope and reach of the ancient Greek gods (as an example) -- becomes smaller and smaller.

In my opinion, the power of "God" for the majority of theists is internalized in the form of a coping mechanism.