Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    StiffSproles has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StiffSproles has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StiffSproles has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StiffSproles has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StiffSproles has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StiffSproles has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StiffSproles has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StiffSproles has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StiffSproles has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StiffSproles has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StiffSproles has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by DrFeeIGood View Post
    Become a master Javascript programmer and you can make $100++ hr all day long boyos
    There are only a handful of master JS programmers in the entire world. It's literally the most confusing language out of them all. From what I read, the best JS programmers admit that the design of JS was poorly done and has tons of confusing rules that are seen as anti-patterns in the language it was trying to imitate (Java).
    *United States Space Force Vet*

"I have embraced my Autism. I am a proud Autist. I believe it endows me with special powers that are incomprehensible to pathetic normies like you. I would gladly sacrifice any chance at a normal life to benefit from the GIFT that is AUTISM."-Drips617

Jimagine88 is a name known to all. (+5000) Jimagine88 is a name known to all. (+5000) Jimagine88 is a name known to all. (+5000) Jimagine88 is a name known to all. (+5000) Jimagine88 is a name known to all. (+5000) Jimagine88 is a name known to all. (+5000) Jimagine88 is a name known to all. (+5000) Jimagine88 is a name known to all. (+5000) Jimagine88 is a name known to all. (+5000) Jimagine88 is a name known to all. (+5000) Jimagine88 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Become a master Javascript programmer and you can make $100++ hr all day long boyos
    Besides google chrome, what uses javascript?

Registered User RocknRollMuscle's Avatar
    RocknRollMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RocknRollMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RocknRollMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RocknRollMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RocknRollMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RocknRollMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RocknRollMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RocknRollMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RocknRollMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RocknRollMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RocknRollMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Datsek View Post
    Srs, see so many jobs going all for 90k+ salary
    Easy to get. High pay. But there's a catch with easy money!

salary is high cuz it's a boring as fuark job, high stress, bad job security as you get older - and **** changes constantly so you're ALWAYS learning or you'll be let go fast.

Not to mention dot-coms will run you like a slave then let you go when alls done.

great for when you're young. I'm getting up there and so want a new relaxing career I can relax and retire with. Looking at govt jobs.
    Weight Loss: Go carnivore or keto combined with 16/8 IF. It'll create easy calorie deficit. Meat is good and heals, stop being lied to.

Youtube Dr. Shawn Baker to change your life today.

StiffSproles has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StiffSproles has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StiffSproles has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StiffSproles has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StiffSproles has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StiffSproles has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StiffSproles has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StiffSproles has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StiffSproles has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StiffSproles has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StiffSproles has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Jimagine88 View Post
    Look up NodeJS.

"I have embraced my Autism. I am a proud Autist. I believe it endows me with special powers that are incomprehensible to pathetic normies like you. I would gladly sacrifice any chance at a normal life to benefit from the GIFT that is AUTISM."-Drips617

ANumber1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ANumber1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ANumber1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ANumber1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ANumber1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ANumber1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ANumber1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ANumber1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ANumber1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ANumber1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ANumber1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    "Google Chrome" is just a browser. All browsers rely on Javascript for nearly all client-side processing, which is how nearly all web applications run these days: interfaces are laid out and manipulated client-side, and it sends messages back and forth to the server-side database to get information out. In addition, many Android and iPhone apps are actually Javascript applications that essentially live inside a thinly-disguised browser instance, because ain't nobody got time to maintain native apps for both if they can help it.

Yes, it's a badly designed language. It's also about as essential to the industry as water is to life.
    Nah, fukk that. I’m not doing that.

Jimagine88 is a name known to all. (+5000) Jimagine88 is a name known to all. (+5000) Jimagine88 is a name known to all. (+5000) Jimagine88 is a name known to all. (+5000) Jimagine88 is a name known to all. (+5000) Jimagine88 is a name known to all. (+5000) Jimagine88 is a name known to all. (+5000) Jimagine88 is a name known to all. (+5000) Jimagine88 is a name known to all. (+5000) Jimagine88 is a name known to all. (+5000) Jimagine88 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by StiffSproles View Post
    Look up NodeJS.
    For some reason... I like javascript coding. I've only done simple chrome extension edits. Is it really that difficult to master since there's only a handful of masters? Do you still get paid good money if one were to become decent at javascript?

RocknRollMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RocknRollMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RocknRollMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RocknRollMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RocknRollMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RocknRollMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RocknRollMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RocknRollMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RocknRollMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RocknRollMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RocknRollMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    For some reason... I like javascript coding. I've only done simple chrome extension edits. Is it really that difficult to master since there's only a handful of masters? Do you still get paid good money is one were to become decent at javascript?
    sure if you want to work for some super tech company that makes js frameworks and low level software.

For the MAJORITY of IT jobs in corporations, no one uses js beyond basic stuff. Enterprise IT jobs are all about getting chit done fast, making it work and moving on. You're looking at super geek jobs, and for that, you probably need to stick to silicon valley.

And those jobs are the minority. Look up monster.
    Weight Loss: Go carnivore or keto combined with 16/8 IF. It'll create easy calorie deficit. Meat is good and heals, stop being lied to.

Too sweet to be sour OriginalHawk's Avatar
    OriginalHawk has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OriginalHawk has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OriginalHawk has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OriginalHawk has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OriginalHawk has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OriginalHawk has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OriginalHawk has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OriginalHawk has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OriginalHawk has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OriginalHawk has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OriginalHawk has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I've been in the web development industry since 2006. Like a few of you said, it's all about the portfolio. 95% of web developers don't make six figures, especially if they only know HTML/CSS. Anyone can learn to code up a basic website, but being able to turn a website into an asset that brings bottom line profits to the client is where you can set yourself apart and make some real money. I work for a law firm and handle all of their internet marketing (website, SEO, PPC, social media, online reputation management, etc). I'm on a $78k annual salary with about $20k in added benefits. I make another $25-40k a year doing website projects on the side and from recurring hosting fees. All of this with no degree. So, is it possible to make $100k+? Yes, but HTML/CSS alone will not get you there.
    /l ,[____],
    l---L -OlllllllO-
    ()_) ()_)--o-)_)

doughnutking has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) doughnutking has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) doughnutking has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) doughnutking has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) doughnutking has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) doughnutking has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) doughnutking has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) doughnutking has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) doughnutking has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) doughnutking has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) doughnutking has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by BustaCapp View Post

I even know 'senior analysts' in the UK who can't even use excel and they're earning £40k, working 4 days a phucking week!!
    So what do these *******s do all day ?

ckmiscer is just really nice. (+1000) ckmiscer is just really nice. (+1000) ckmiscer is just really nice. (+1000) ckmiscer is just really nice. (+1000) ckmiscer is just really nice. (+1000) ckmiscer is just really nice. (+1000) ckmiscer is just really nice. (+1000) ckmiscer is just really nice. (+1000) ckmiscer is just really nice. (+1000) ckmiscer is just really nice. (+1000) ckmiscer is just really nice. (+1000)
    No entry level web devs are making 100k. Even experienced ones aren't.

Web Dev != Software Engineer. Web devs are CSS jockeys who couldn't write a for loop to save their lives.
    Java Crew
    Always Pick 4 Crew
    30+ Miscer Crew
    Free Balcony Brah Crew

ANumber1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ANumber1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ANumber1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ANumber1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ANumber1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ANumber1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ANumber1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ANumber1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ANumber1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ANumber1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ANumber1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by RocknRollMuscle View Post
    sure if you want to work for some super tech company that makes js frameworks and low level software.

For the MAJORITY of IT jobs in corporations, no one uses js beyond basic stuff. Enterprise IT jobs are all about getting chit done fast, making it work and moving on. You're looking at super geek jobs, and for that, you probably need to stick to silicon valley.

And those jobs are the minority. Look up monster.
    The line is vague, but this being a "developer" thread, I would argue that you're really touching on the difference between 'IT' and 'developers'. IT is about supporting business operations, where developers are often actually making products.

In the latter case, JS is everywhere and has become the norm in front-end development: users expect to see snappy javascript-driven interfaces, and developers will often have their own IT guys behind the scenes running the servers that the products talk to.
    Nah, fukk that. I’m not doing that.

For some reason... I like javascript coding. I've only done simple chrome extension edits. Is it really that difficult to master since there's only a handful of masters? Do you still get paid good money if one were to become decent at javascript?
    Any language is difficult to master. Many people code really well and build quality applications with JS without actually mastering it. Frameworks like React and Angular and their modularized and compartmentalized design bypass many of the headaches that are inherent with JS.

With the rising popularity of JS, I believe if you're an exceptional JS programmer and you are excellent with Node, I think you can get well past $100,000 year. Not even a question.

Snakin down your chimney InVentive44's Avatar
    InVentive44 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InVentive44 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InVentive44 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InVentive44 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InVentive44 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InVentive44 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InVentive44 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InVentive44 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InVentive44 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InVentive44 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InVentive44 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by hotsaucebrah View Post
    Successful companies don't hand out six figure positions to 21 year olds with little experience and a couple certs.

This! you're going to have to slurp up the bosses cum real good to get scraps boyo

Location: Merseyside, The North, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    BustaCapp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BustaCapp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BustaCapp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BustaCapp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BustaCapp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BustaCapp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BustaCapp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BustaCapp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BustaCapp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BustaCapp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BustaCapp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by doughnutking View Post
    So what do these *******s do all day ?
    Misc.
    fist yourself

mullineux1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mullineux1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mullineux1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mullineux1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mullineux1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mullineux1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mullineux1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mullineux1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mullineux1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mullineux1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mullineux1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    LOL Web Devs don't earn 100k off the bat.

Senior Web Devs / Software Developers do.

If you're looking to get into this field I would advise learning (and mastering) PHP, Angular JS, Git, SQL, HTML5, CSS3, basic Javascript.
    Listen to my DJ mixes - www.mixcloud.com/mullineux-official

21k Reps

Nastradoomus is a name known to all. (+5000) Nastradoomus is a name known to all. (+5000) Nastradoomus is a name known to all. (+5000) Nastradoomus is a name known to all. (+5000) Nastradoomus is a name known to all. (+5000) Nastradoomus is a name known to all. (+5000) Nastradoomus is a name known to all. (+5000) Nastradoomus is a name known to all. (+5000) Nastradoomus is a name known to all. (+5000) Nastradoomus is a name known to all. (+5000) Nastradoomus is a name known to all. (+5000)
    tdlr
    :/

Originally Posted by ANumber1 View Post
    The line is vague, but this being a "developer" thread, I would argue that you're really touching on the difference between 'IT' and 'developers'. IT is about supporting business operations, where developers are often actually making products.

In the latter case, JS is everywhere and has become the norm in front-end development: users expect to see snappy javascript-driven interfaces, and developers will often have their own IT guys behind the scenes running the servers that the products talk to.
    no matter the role, it still comes to deadlines.

If you tinker around in JS for a week, and the next developer uses a framework to get the job done in 2 days - guess who's job is on the line?

Deadlines = you find the fastest RAD tool possible to get the job done. Esp when it's Friday and you dont want to be there til 7.

btw: it's all about angular and bootstrap now. Evne jquery is slowly going away. Everyone wants chit done today in IT.

I make good money cuz I'm 5 times faster than most developers who are slow as chit. All bosses care is the job being done and working. I love using pre existing working code. They should teach that in college.

DrFeeIGood has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DrFeeIGood has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DrFeeIGood has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DrFeeIGood has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DrFeeIGood has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DrFeeIGood has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DrFeeIGood has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DrFeeIGood has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DrFeeIGood has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DrFeeIGood has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DrFeeIGood has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    great thread dudes, lets keep it going.

Let me pose this question, what is the best language for entrepenuaers? So they can build and test a minimal viable product asap. I would say all you need to know is HTML5, CSS3, JS.

Datsek has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Datsek has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Datsek has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Datsek has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Datsek has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Datsek has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Datsek has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Datsek has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Datsek has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Datsek has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Datsek has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by mullineux1 View Post
    LOL Web Devs don't earn 100k off the bat.

Senior Web Devs / Software Developers do.

If you're looking to get into this field I would advise learning (and mastering) PHP, Angular JS, Git, SQL, HTML5, CSS3, basic Javascript.
    Saw 2 jobs this morning for full stack, all over 80k+ at the minimum

When will it be mine turn

Godfrd824 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Godfrd824 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Godfrd824 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Godfrd824 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Godfrd824 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Godfrd824 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Godfrd824 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Godfrd824 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Godfrd824 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Godfrd824 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Godfrd824 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by sword_ View Post
    I don't think I told you but I suffered a layoff. I was working at Dell/EMC and given the merger, there is always a phase where roles and overlaps are looked at. My role was eliminated along with some of my other team early November.

I got 10 weeks severance which was an excellent package for me.

I interviewed at other companies though. ***, Indeed, Oracle, and a few others. I landed a role with Oracle and start in a few weeks. Really excited and they were impressed and it seemed like a good fit! Pretty much in line what I was doing before but we will see.
    Didn't you get a raise into the six figures early last year? Are things really that volatile that you can get a raise and get laid off 6 months later?
    When it comes your time to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with the fear of death, so that when their time comes they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over again in a different way. Sing your death song and die like a hero going home.

great thread dudes, lets keep it going.

Let me pose this question, what is the best language for entrepenuaers? So they can build and test a minimal viable product asap. I would say all you need to know is HTML5, CSS3, JS.
    Depends what kind of product you are planning to build. Also depends on the scale of your product. Really depends on many different things, IMO.

Originally Posted by Godfrd824 View Post
    Didn't you get a raise into the six figures early last year? Are things really that volatile that you can get a raise and get laid off 6 months later?
    lol @ 2 1/2 months severance being good.

IT budgets are high and when companies are losing money, it's their favorite place to go to do cuts.

Problem is: once a software is finished. Company doesn't need all those people. They keep the rock star and those cheap employees to keep the lights on. Look at bb.com. Once site/forums were done, they don't need all those developers. So they let them go. Most IT folks are always looking for a new job every few years. You wind up with a resume 4-5 pages long. esp if contracting.

kids. go for that dere job security when you're young. You dn't want to be that 50 y/o guy trying to get jobs the 25 y/o kids are applying. And manager jobs are quite slim compared to monkey coding jobs.

If I had to do it over again - i'd get into medical. High salary, high job security, feelsgoodman every day. No one wants to hear your IT stories at the club or even on misc

sword_ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sword_ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sword_ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sword_ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sword_ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sword_ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sword_ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sword_ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sword_ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sword_ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sword_ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Godfrd824 View Post
    There's some circumstances surrounding my role and with mergers there's always layoffs. Layoffs are bound to happen in corporate roles.
    A hit was sent, from the President, to raid your residence /
    Because you had secret evidence, and documents /
    On how they raped the continents, and it's the prominent /
    Dominant Islamic, Asiatic Black Hebrew

- GZA "4th Chamber"

doughnutking has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) doughnutking has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) doughnutking has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) doughnutking has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) doughnutking has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) doughnutking has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) doughnutking has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) doughnutking has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) doughnutking has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) doughnutking has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) doughnutking has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)

If I had to do it over again - i'd get into medical. High salary, high job security, feelsgoodman every day. No one wants to hear your IT stories at the club or even on misc
    How old are you?

ImUTI is just really nice. (+1000) ImUTI is just really nice. (+1000) ImUTI is just really nice. (+1000) ImUTI is just really nice. (+1000) ImUTI is just really nice. (+1000) ImUTI is just really nice. (+1000) ImUTI is just really nice. (+1000) ImUTI is just really nice. (+1000) ImUTI is just really nice. (+1000) ImUTI is just really nice. (+1000) ImUTI is just really nice. (+1000)
    There are only a handful of master JS programmers in the entire world. It's literally the most confusing language out of them all. From what I read, the best JS programmers admit that the design of JS was poorly done and has tons of confusing rules that are seen as anti-patterns in the language it was trying to imitate (Java).
    Master JS programmer here (srs)

Sup

yabbayabba has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) yabbayabba has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) yabbayabba has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) yabbayabba has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) yabbayabba has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) yabbayabba has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) yabbayabba has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) yabbayabba has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) yabbayabba has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) yabbayabba has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) yabbayabba has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Web development is the tradie of the software development world. Nobody cares about you and you will be replaced at your employers earliest convenience. Not to mention most all the six figure jobs are in the big metro areas where with the cost of living adjustment you are making like $50k everywhere else. Plus the 45 minute commute pressed up against all the other wage slave cucks and petty office politics everywhere you go. In forty years (and probably 10 jobs later) you finally get to retire.

Luckily for me, I got into actual software development and was good enough at my job and had the people skills to get into management. Live and work in the suburbs and out the door at 5. The developers get to handle the after hour problems.

Originally Posted by ImUTI View Post
    Master JS programmer here (srs)

Sup
    What's the quickest way I can inherit some random object's prototype? Which way would you recommend and why? Pls respawn.

TriggaTreySongz is not very well liked. (-100) TriggaTreySongz is not very well liked. (-100) TriggaTreySongz is not very well liked. (-100) TriggaTreySongz is not very well liked. (-100) TriggaTreySongz is not very well liked. (-100) TriggaTreySongz is not very well liked. (-100) TriggaTreySongz is not very well liked. (-100) TriggaTreySongz is not very well liked. (-100) TriggaTreySongz is not very well liked. (-100) TriggaTreySongz is not very well liked. (-100) TriggaTreySongz is not very well liked. (-100)
    Web dev will be around for a while I think. But the money isn't 100k

ImUTI is just really nice. (+1000) ImUTI is just really nice. (+1000) ImUTI is just really nice. (+1000) ImUTI is just really nice. (+1000) ImUTI is just really nice. (+1000) ImUTI is just really nice. (+1000) ImUTI is just really nice. (+1000) ImUTI is just really nice. (+1000) ImUTI is just really nice. (+1000) ImUTI is just really nice. (+1000) ImUTI is just really nice. (+1000)
    What's the quickest way I can inherit some random object's prototype? Which way would you recommend and why? Pls respawn.
    Quickest way? If u mean what's the least amount of CPU cycles, idk what will get you the least amount of CPU cycles and that's a straight trivia question. May even vary per browser. But i would make use of the new keyword. There's also ways like __.proto__ = variable name or a newer way is Object.create

sword_ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sword_ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sword_ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sword_ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sword_ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sword_ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sword_ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sword_ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sword_ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sword_ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sword_ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    lol @ 2 1/2 months severance being good.

IT budgets are high and when companies are losing money, it's their favorite place to go to do cuts.

Problem is: once a software is finished. Company doesn't need all those people. They keep the rock star and those cheap employees to keep the lights on. Look at bb.com. Once site/forums were done, they don't need all those developers. So they let them go. Most IT folks are always looking for a new job every few years. You wind up with a resume 4-5 pages long. esp if contracting.

kids. go for that dere job security when you're young. You dn't want to be that 50 y/o guy trying to get jobs the 25 y/o kids are applying. And manager jobs are quite slim compared to monkey coding jobs.

I was in the position for about a year. Many companies give you 3 weeks severance and let you be on your way so 10 weeks is a lot.

Many of my peers in San Antonio and Austin work in technology so it's kind of the culture *shrug*. Who knows what sort of job security I'll have 20 years from now when I'm in my 50s lol. I think I have business acumen to get into management. Still so much I want to do with technology though. I may go back to college eventually.
    A hit was sent, from the President, to raid your residence /
    Because you had secret evidence, and documents /
    On how they raped the continents, and it's the prominent /
    Dominant Islamic, Asiatic Black Hebrew

- GZA "4th Chamber"