Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 15 23 24 25
    suparstarx will become famous soon enough. (+50) suparstarx will become famous soon enough. (+50) suparstarx will become famous soon enough. (+50) suparstarx will become famous soon enough. (+50) suparstarx will become famous soon enough. (+50) suparstarx will become famous soon enough. (+50) suparstarx will become famous soon enough. (+50) suparstarx will become famous soon enough. (+50) suparstarx will become famous soon enough. (+50) suparstarx will become famous soon enough. (+50) suparstarx will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Ver.2013 announced for EVO 2013.

I'm ready to blow up everybody online and offline starting from patch day.
    "We all have great inner power. The power is self-faith. There's really an attitude to winning. You have to see yourself winning before you win. And you have to be hungry. You have to want to conquer.” ~Arnold Schwarzeneggar

xXx1UPxXx is not very well liked. (-100) xXx1UPxXx is not very well liked. (-100) xXx1UPxXx is not very well liked. (-100) xXx1UPxXx is not very well liked. (-100) xXx1UPxXx is not very well liked. (-100) xXx1UPxXx is not very well liked. (-100) xXx1UPxXx is not very well liked. (-100) xXx1UPxXx is not very well liked. (-100) xXx1UPxXx is not very well liked. (-100) xXx1UPxXx is not very well liked. (-100) xXx1UPxXx is not very well liked. (-100)
    Originally Posted by suparstarx View Post
    Ver.2013 announced for EVO 2013.

I'm ready to blow up everybody online and offline starting from patch day.
    SFXT update is on January 29

I didn't see a confirm date for ssf4 2k13, Yoshinori Ono is teasing an update to Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition v2012 over on his Twitter but no set date. Unless there is a recent update I'm not aware of?
    Last edited by xXx1UPxXx; 01-24-2013 at 12:59 PM.

suparstarx will become famous soon enough. (+50) suparstarx will become famous soon enough. (+50) suparstarx will become famous soon enough. (+50) suparstarx will become famous soon enough. (+50) suparstarx will become famous soon enough. (+50) suparstarx will become famous soon enough. (+50) suparstarx will become famous soon enough. (+50) suparstarx will become famous soon enough. (+50) suparstarx will become famous soon enough. (+50) suparstarx will become famous soon enough. (+50) suparstarx will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Patch went live early yesterday on PSN. XBL went up few hours ago.

SSF4 is prob not getting a patch anytime soon. Rumor mill too stronk
    Last edited by suparstarx; 01-29-2013 at 10:05 AM.
    "We all have great inner power. The power is self-faith. There's really an attitude to winning. You have to see yourself winning before you win. And you have to be hungry. You have to want to conquer.” ~Arnold Schwarzeneggar

VitorBelfort is on a distinguished road. (+10) VitorBelfort is on a distinguished road. (+10) VitorBelfort is on a distinguished road. (+10) VitorBelfort is on a distinguished road. (+10) VitorBelfort is on a distinguished road. (+10) VitorBelfort is on a distinguished road. (+10) VitorBelfort is on a distinguished road. (+10) VitorBelfort is on a distinguished road. (+10) VitorBelfort is on a distinguished road. (+10) VitorBelfort is on a distinguished road. (+10) VitorBelfort is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Fun games Superstar. What a blow up. Think I won 3/30 matches

Anyway I'm pretty excited to be getting back into the game. I've identified a ton of things for me to work on, mainly hit confirming into launchers, patience and system mechanic knowledge. I always go for cr.mk or cr. mp into manual launcher, which often fails. I need to be using more abc launchers and using jabs and shorts to open up opportunities. i don't feel like I can easily get a clean hit.

I'm also sacrificing a ton of potential damage by always going for the more difficult combo's with the EWGF. Think I only landed the solo 5 ewgf a couple times, and my standard Kazuya combo following a launch I was managing to mess up constantly. Hopefully once I brush up a little the games will be more competitive. I'm gonna watch some match videos and start reading the forums. Hopefully the game blows up and continues momentum, I know the top players are all streaming it.

I just hope the the people that gave up on it initially (including me) can be patient because there are plenty of monsters on ranked who never stopped playing and its very common to get completely blown up by what appears to be gimmick high/low type stuff leading to huge damage. I was struggling big time against your Bison and Law team, in addition to having a real hard time blocking the Heihachi combo's.

Just bought the new characters today, pretty hyped up about the game again
    Just do IT.

ggs, saw your day 1 habits and hopefully I blew them up enough for you to realize they're not working anymore. :P

I have no real team right now so if it seems like I am trolling with alts, it's not. I'm still exploring what characters I want to focus on.

I think a lot of people are going to try the game out again regardless. Free patch and it doesn't hurt. Nobody really hates this game as much as they think. I think a lot of people wanted the game to succeed but was just severely dissappointed by some of the design flaws that the salt poured on for too long!!

EGWF's are still good damage, you might want to think about using it to switch out sometimes to get a clean setup in. Connection isn't as smooth here on SFxT compared to TTT2 but it's still very playable between NYC and UK. GGS again.

So far it seems like everyone and their mom is streaming SFxT right now and relearning it.

http://www.twitch.tv/eg_floe/
    http://www.twitch.tv/pr_balrog/
    http://www.twitch.tv/fgtvlive/

VitorBelfort is on a distinguished road. (+10) VitorBelfort is on a distinguished road. (+10) VitorBelfort is on a distinguished road. (+10) VitorBelfort is on a distinguished road. (+10) VitorBelfort is on a distinguished road. (+10) VitorBelfort is on a distinguished road. (+10) VitorBelfort is on a distinguished road. (+10) VitorBelfort is on a distinguished road. (+10) VitorBelfort is on a distinguished road. (+10) VitorBelfort is on a distinguished road. (+10) VitorBelfort is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I can't get a break with this game, just getting blown up in ranked all day long.

My main problem is "getting in". I'm fishing for launchers and trying not to use abc boost combos, but it seems I'm either being pressured and can't fight back, or getting counter hit

I don't know how many people are playing in the UK but I'm constantly getting matched with the same 5-10 players in ranked, being mauled by a 15k bp Dudley and Chun player who never drops a link, relentlessly pressures with Chun and has all his combo's optimized. Matches are ending in 20 seconds
    Just do IT.

Originally Posted by VitorBelfort View Post
    I can't get a break with this game, just getting blown up in ranked all day long.

My main problem is "getting in". I'm fishing for launchers and trying not to use abc boost combos, but it seems I'm either being pressured and can't fight back, or getting counter hit

I don't know how many people are playing in the UK but I'm constantly getting matched with the same 5-10 players in ranked, being mauled by a 15k bp Dudley and Chun player who never drops a link, relentlessly pressures with Chun and has all his combo's optimized. Matches are ending in 20 seconds
    People don't try to low crush launch a lot unless they read it from someone autopiloting lows. I do that to you cuz you did it a lot. It's kind of something that works like 1-2x a match and you SHOULD allow that to confirm into a good combo because raw tags are 100 dmg, so you can bring your guy in for like another 300+ dmg and switch in for another 100+ for a good read/punish.

I know a lot of people in EC played the vanilla version a lot. I am running into the same cluster of B+, A, A+ and crown rank players. Not surprised if UK had a secret underground of online warriors. This game was still pretty good to begin with. For you, I'd start with trying to fix up Kaz's ground game. Your Ryu ground game is basic and it's effective for that character.

I've leveled up pretty dramatically within the last couple days, got all my combo's/launchers optimized and finally winning a lot online. Really enjoying the game, so much so I haven't played anything else since the patch hit. Can't wait to see it streamed at the upcoming road to evo tournaments.

Here is a great match from the most solid Kazuya I've seen.It's from the sf 25th anniversary side tournament.

Justin Wong (Rufus/Chun) vs NoeJ (Kazuya/Yoshi)

Just do IT.

Hey Superstar,

We gotta play a long set sometime so I can figure out Law! He's the frame trap king. Just when I though it was safe to press buttons.....counterhit into big damage every time His cr.mk has deceptive range!

I also need to remember that EWGF doesn't beat lows! Everybody needs to get involved right now with the game or get left in the dust trying to catch up later. I've faced a few monsters online. Played about 30 games with a 30k bp player using Jack-X and Rufus. I HATE "suprise attack" and Rufus constant cross up dive kick cr.lk pressure! I also played "ImStillDaDaddy" (Top AE2012 Guile player who nearly beat Mago at the UK sf25 qualifiers) He used Law and Akuma and it didn't work out too well for me

For anyone interested in watching high level play...This guy uploads long compilation videos featuring a variety of characters ..Subscribe!

http://www.youtube.com/user/ssf4evo
    Just do IT.

Manliest of All Men TheBlackHombre's Avatar
    TheBlackHombre is a name known to all. (+5000) TheBlackHombre is a name known to all. (+5000) TheBlackHombre is a name known to all. (+5000) TheBlackHombre is a name known to all. (+5000) TheBlackHombre is a name known to all. (+5000) TheBlackHombre is a name known to all. (+5000) TheBlackHombre is a name known to all. (+5000) TheBlackHombre is a name known to all. (+5000) TheBlackHombre is a name known to all. (+5000) TheBlackHombre is a name known to all. (+5000) TheBlackHombre is a name known to all. (+5000)
    This should help you out Vitor. Its from vanilla but it still works great after the patch.

After the j.hp (safe jump), I cr.mp, cr.mk as a hit confirm which will allow the slaughter hook to connect on the whole cast.
    www.smashstick.com

Hey Superstar,

We gotta play a long set sometime so I can figure out Law! He's the frame trap king. Just when I though it was safe to press buttons.....counterhit into big damage every time His cr.mk has deceptive range!

I also need to remember that EWGF doesn't beat lows! Everybody needs to get involved right now with the game or get left in the dust trying to catch up later. I've faced a few monsters online. Played about 30 games with a 30k bp player using Jack-X and Rufus. I HATE "suprise attack" and Rufus constant cross up dive kick cr.lk pressure! I also played "ImStillDaDaddy" (Top AE2012 Guile player who nearly beat Mago at the UK sf25 qualifiers) He used Law and Akuma and it didn't work out too well for me

For anyone interested in watching high level play...This guy uploads long compilation videos featuring a variety of characters ..Subscribe!

http://www.youtube.com/user/ssf4evo
    You can also check out www.youtube.com/user/sfxtxots - I upload majority of the matches for some online bi-weeklies. I have one more vanilla set going up soon and some more recent matches.

Law loses when you can out zone him and force unsafe moves out. He walks slow so it's not too difficult sometimes. You just cannot whiff stupid **** against Law cuz he can backfist you and tag you with some decent range. And yeah, the frame traps are good too, I am working on some better ones so I don't let too many raw tags go by.

I ran thru like 80 matches yesterday at NLBC for casuals. I didn't enter so I could squeeze in tons of games in with people who were entering. Im still undecided atm as to what team I want to use lol. Law's been a prime favorite but I am liking many other characters at the moment too. Going to try and grind some Bob and maybe Bryan sometime soon. They have tricky strings and moves.

And that ImStillDaDaddy guy... he flow charts hard and he does mad reckless **** at the tournies. I dont know how he is online or with this game but if you frustrate him someway, he'll open himself up.

Thanks for the Safe Jump video Hombre. Are you still playing sfxt? I've levelled up my 3rd Strike Ken, can't wait to play sometime.

Superstar-

Good to see ChaosLimits (Nina/Kazuya) still playing, I remember him posting in the Kazuya forum when the game first dropped.

Imo I think people are going to be thinking more in terms of team synergy instead of how a character performs 1v1 when deciding tiers etc....For me, a character that has special moves that are tag cancellable but "keep the opponent ground" are very important as they allow for your incoming player to land their max damage ground combo. An example would be Ken with his tatsu, or chun with the lightning legs SBK. Ken may not be great on his own (slow as hell) but he's an incredible "set up" character.

At the tournament you attended, what were some popular characters/teams and what was the general feeling about the game? So far v2013 has turned out better than I expected in terms of gameplay and community support Shame I haven't touched ttt2 since this dropped. I'm treating that as a very fun game but not something I'm ever going to try and level up properly.

On a side note, their was a story on Eventhubs about a set between Eita and Uryo and apparently Command grabs and air grabs are tag cancellable for the first frame....super hard but sounds pretty cool
    Just do IT.

TheBlackHombre is a name known to all. (+5000) TheBlackHombre is a name known to all. (+5000) TheBlackHombre is a name known to all. (+5000) TheBlackHombre is a name known to all. (+5000) TheBlackHombre is a name known to all. (+5000) TheBlackHombre is a name known to all. (+5000) TheBlackHombre is a name known to all. (+5000) TheBlackHombre is a name known to all. (+5000) TheBlackHombre is a name known to all. (+5000) TheBlackHombre is a name known to all. (+5000) TheBlackHombre is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Ehhh ill play sfxt with you if you want but I prefer ae. I got wrecked by suparstarx when the patch came out and then I played it for a week. I got comfortable again with the game but I don't like it. The whole game is slow, the ****ing links, the pace of the game. The whole meta game is in a neutral position.

And my 3s akuma will still spank you brah
    www.smashstick.com

Thanks for the Safe Jump video Hombre. Are you still playing sfxt? I've levelled up my 3rd Strike Ken, can't wait to play sometime.

Superstar-

Good to see ChaosLimits (Nina/Kazuya) still playing, I remember him posting in the Kazuya forum when the game first dropped.

Imo I think people are going to be thinking more in terms of team synergy instead of how a character performs 1v1 when deciding tiers etc....For me, a character that has special moves that are tag cancellable but "keep the opponent ground" are very important as they allow for your incoming player to land their max damage ground combo. An example would be Ken with his tatsu, or chun with the lightning legs SBK. Ken may not be great on his own (slow as hell) but he's an incredible "set up" character.

At the tournament you attended, what were some popular characters/teams and what was the general feeling about the game? So far v2013 has turned out better than I expected in terms of gameplay and community support Shame I haven't touched ttt2 since this dropped. I'm treating that as a very fun game but not something I'm ever going to try and level up properly.

On a side note, their was a story on Eventhubs about a set between Eita and Uryo and apparently Command grabs and air grabs are tag cancellable for the first frame....super hard but sounds pretty cool
    Yeah chaoslimits actually came out a few times to NY to play with me in SFxT. Getting his tourny jitters shed His electrics offline are just as crisp and consistent which annoys the heck outta me.

The grab cancels have been discovered for a long time, I think someone made a combo video with it somewhere. Might have been Desk or someone else but it's pretty dope when you find the application for it.

In NYC... the most popular characters I see at Nextlevel are.... Law, Hwoarang, Lars, Rufus, Zangief, Jack-X, Bison, Ryu, Chun, Ken, Ogre, Heihachi for the most part. They're kinda easy to use fundamentally cuz most of those chars play close to SF4 characters. The most oddball ones out of that list are probably Hwoarang and Jack-X. Like if you have good SF4 fundamentals or any type of SF/Tekken fundamentals, whiff punishing is so much bigger with this patch cuz they gave out so many anti airs... You don't really have a lot of the "just do it" or "okay let me do a -2 on block move and then throw out a 6f invincible DP afterward to bait stuff cuz I'm in his face and he might try to tech OS me" situations. You're forced a lot into the ground game with this update and lots of those characters mentioned above are pretty popular here for some reason cuz they have good mid range game now and people respect the characters bit more

Originally Posted by TheBlackHombre View Post
    Ehhh ill play sfxt with you if you want but I prefer ae. I got wrecked by suparstarx when the patch came out and then I played it for a week. I got comfortable again with the game but I don't like it. The whole game is slow, the ****ing links, the pace of the game. The whole meta game is in a neutral position.

And my 3s akuma will still spank you brah
    Takes some time to adjust cuz the game is different. It's like the same way you can't exactly play your SF4 Ken and Akuma the same in 3sOE. The "slowness" of the game is a placebo effect imo. There are some very rushable teams and the threat of throws kind of raise it. Most decent players pretty much should have enough synergy to wipe a character out in two clean combos. If you don't wipe them out in two clean combos and they tag out, you have to be ready to punish the next guy raw for another 40-50%. So there's tons of cases where you will have one side with two full HP chars and other down at 50/25% if you get the proper reads on the player.

Did you wreck any faces at CEO Winterfest yet? Or it hasn't happened?

Nice new CMV by Desk
    Last edited by suparstarx; 02-07-2013 at 02:42 PM.

Yo Superstar,

Did you catch any of the Capcom community tournament? I haven't caught up on the twitch archives yet, but apparently it was awesome, single elim 1 match style.

http://www.twitch.tv/capcomfighters

I've been using Cadc into throw alot. I'm using it during a block string, it often catches the opponent by surprise and now that throws are great, it can really get you some damage and pressure.

Have you ever tried Ryu's BnB tag in combo that all the top players use? it's a cr.HP cadc Cr.Hp xx Hk tatsu. I'm having a lot of trouble with it, yet the top guys are landing it 100% :s

GG the other night, shame about the lag. It can destroy your set ups and counter hit strategies.

You liking Hwarang? I thought your Bison was really strong however I don't know about the Bison/Law synergy. I'm liking Lars alot, may switch him for Ryu.
    Just do IT.

Originally Posted by suparstarx View Post
    Yeah chaoslimits actually came out a few times to NY to play with me in SFxT. Getting his tourny jitters shed His electrics offline are just as crisp and consistent which annoys the heck outta me.

The grab cancels have been discovered for a long time, I think someone made a combo video with it somewhere. Might have been Desk or someone else but it's pretty dope when you find the application for it.

In NYC... the most popular characters I see at Nextlevel are.... Law, Hwoarang, Lars, Rufus, Zangief, Jack-X, Bison, Ryu, Chun, Ken, Ogre, Heihachi for the most part. They're kinda easy to use fundamentally cuz most of those chars play close to SF4 characters. The most oddball ones out of that list are probably Hwoarang and Jack-X. Like if you have good SF4 fundamentals or any type of SF/Tekken fundamentals, whiff punishing is so much bigger with this patch cuz they gave out so many anti airs... You don't really have a lot of the "just do it" or "okay let me do a -2 on block move and then throw out a 6f invincible DP afterward to bait stuff cuz I'm in his face and he might try to tech OS me" situations. You're forced a lot into the ground game with this update and lots of those characters mentioned above are pretty popular here for some reason cuz they have good mid range game now and people respect the characters bit more

Takes some time to adjust cuz the game is different. It's like the same way you can't exactly play your SF4 Ken and Akuma the same in 3sOE. The "slowness" of the game is a placebo effect imo. There are some very rushable teams and the threat of throws kind of raise it. Most decent players pretty much should have enough synergy to wipe a character out in two clean combos. If you don't wipe them out in two clean combos and they tag out, you have to be ready to punish the next guy raw for another 40-50%. So there's tons of cases where you will have one side with two full HP chars and other down at 50/25% if you get the proper reads on the player.

Did you wreck any faces at CEO Winterfest yet? Or it hasn't happened?

Nice new CMV by Desk
    yeah it already happened. the only person i beat note worthy was flashmetroid in casuals.
    www.smashstick.com

Yo Superstar,

Did you catch any of the Capcom community tournament? I haven't caught up on the twitch archives yet, but apparently it was awesome, single elim 1 match style.

http://www.twitch.tv/capcomfighters

I've been using Cadc into throw alot. I'm using it during a block string, it often catches the opponent by surprise and now that throws are great, it can really get you some damage and pressure.

Have you ever tried Ryu's BnB tag in combo that all the top players use? it's a cr.HP cadc Cr.Hp xx Hk tatsu. I'm having a lot of trouble with it, yet the top guys are landing it 100% :s

GG the other night, shame about the lag. It can destroy your set ups and counter hit strategies.

You liking Hwarang? I thought your Bison was really strong however I don't know about the Bison/Law synergy. I'm liking Lars alot, may switch him for Ryu.
    There's very specific CADC for most characters that are only safe so you should find a good one that gets good block stun on people.

I'm messing with lotta new characters so I don't have a real team besides using Law since the game came out. Kinda feeling Hwoarang atm, but I am also interested in learning some Alisa, Bob, Christie and Asuka.

Buncha guys I play with online went. They did alright and they said it would've been better if it were double elim lol.

Originally Posted by TheBlackHombre View Post
    yeah it already happened. the only person i beat note worthy was flashmetroid in casuals.
    Good ****

Videos from bi-weekly tourny series.

Lots of Kazuya loving here http://www.youtube.com/user/SFxTxOTS/videos?view=0

Go big or go home with Kazuya