Closed Thread
Page 203 of 203 FirstFirst ... 103 153 193 201 202 203
Results 6,061 to 6,073 of 6073
    TonyTriangles has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) TonyTriangles has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) TonyTriangles has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) TonyTriangles has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) TonyTriangles has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) TonyTriangles has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) TonyTriangles has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) TonyTriangles has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) TonyTriangles has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) TonyTriangles has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) TonyTriangles has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by Latslikewings View Post
    Copied from the SEALSWCC site:

" Each year about 1,000 Sailors are given the opportunity to attend SEAL training. Men who have played in competitive sports such as water polo, rugby, lacrosse, swimming, wrestling and boxing; have high academic achievements; and have the ability to learn quickly have the best chance of success at BUD/S. Men with two-year or four-year degrees are almost twice as likely to succeed at BUD/S as compared to those without a degree."*
    i understand those who were in competitive sports having an advantage. the education statistic though is false; regardless of having an education, the drop out rate is still +75% by hell week. most of the guys who come out of basic training and are a part of the SEAL/Dive motivator challenge barely graduated out of high school. in fact, most of the candidates applying for BUDs are enlisted service members on their first term of enlistment.

Originally Posted by xToXiCxk23 View Post
    If you're going to use that and base everything off that statement then you are in for a surprise my friend. Big LOL at the part that says people with a degree are twice as likely to succeed at BUDS. What does a degree have to do with the physical and mental ability to pass BUDS?
    agree. back when i was a corpsman, i worked for a MD who washed out of dive school. his degree did not help him one bit...
    a 2yr/4yr degree wont help you unless you were competing in a physically demanding sport your entire time in college.

Hiding from ForumNature 400Lb Gorilla's Avatar
    400Lb Gorilla has the mod powerz 400Lb Gorilla has the mod powerz 400Lb Gorilla has the mod powerz 400Lb Gorilla has the mod powerz 400Lb Gorilla has the mod powerz 400Lb Gorilla has the mod powerz 400Lb Gorilla has the mod powerz 400Lb Gorilla has the mod powerz 400Lb Gorilla has the mod powerz 400Lb Gorilla has the mod powerz 400Lb Gorilla has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by Poseidon99 View Post
    lol is that why every1 is being a dick to me? I am not trying to gloat at all when I stated that just wanted to know what my situation would be...

and why don't you tell me why the SEAL/SWCC site states that... why do YOU think people with a degree are twice as likely to succeed in BUDS?
    they arent. the site is full of shiet. i guarantee the men that make it to become SEALS are about as diverse in backgrounds as the rest of the military is. out of all the SEAL and SWCC teams i have talked to and worked a little with(no i am no where even remotely with in 50 miles of being either) were widely different people. everything from farm boys out of Oklahoma that had never seen a college campus to guys out of NYC with a degree(or multiple degrees in some cases). it is more about the mentality than anything else and either you have it or you dont. end of story.

that being said if i see you post in this thread again i am going to ban you. your trolling is juvenile and unwanted.

thnx in advance for your cooperation
    You would be surprised just how much time I have to waste.

SaliorUSN is a name known to all. (+5000) SaliorUSN is a name known to all. (+5000) SaliorUSN is a name known to all. (+5000) SaliorUSN is a name known to all. (+5000) SaliorUSN is a name known to all. (+5000) SaliorUSN is a name known to all. (+5000) SaliorUSN is a name known to all. (+5000) SaliorUSN is a name known to all. (+5000) SaliorUSN is a name known to all. (+5000) SaliorUSN is a name known to all. (+5000) SaliorUSN is a name known to all. (+5000)
    you're thinking about it backwards... people who have a degree/attended college after high school are not better prepared because they have a degree... rather they are more comfortable learning/thinking on their own... Also I'd imagine these people are older and are taking it a bit more seriously than the 18 Y.O.s
    oh lawd.
    Pls stop.
    Knee Pops Every Step I Take Crew
    Eats Ice Cream with a fork crew
    ♦ Bay Area Crew ♦
    ~Sleep Paralysis Crew~
    Rugby Crew
    ***MISC Strength Crew***
    ++ Positive Crew ++
    *WetBreast is gonna make it crew*
    Motorcycle Crew

400Lb Gorilla has the mod powerz 400Lb Gorilla has the mod powerz 400Lb Gorilla has the mod powerz 400Lb Gorilla has the mod powerz 400Lb Gorilla has the mod powerz 400Lb Gorilla has the mod powerz 400Lb Gorilla has the mod powerz 400Lb Gorilla has the mod powerz 400Lb Gorilla has the mod powerz 400Lb Gorilla has the mod powerz 400Lb Gorilla has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by SaliorUSN View Post
    oh lawd.
    Pls stop.
    that is a hell of a username you nabbed lol.

nick4g63t is a name known to all. (+5000) nick4g63t is a name known to all. (+5000) nick4g63t is a name known to all. (+5000) nick4g63t is a name known to all. (+5000) nick4g63t is a name known to all. (+5000) nick4g63t is a name known to all. (+5000) nick4g63t is a name known to all. (+5000) nick4g63t is a name known to all. (+5000) nick4g63t is a name known to all. (+5000) nick4g63t is a name known to all. (+5000) nick4g63t is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Honesty is what I need since this is for my future. What schools are good schools that'll set me up good? I want to do a gen ed courses just to finish up my Associates requirements before I move onto a Bachelors in my major. I don't have time to do on-sit courses so online is best for me. Especially since I'll be going underway a lot next year.
    Almost everyone I work with uses Excelsior for their degree. I've heard that Thomas Edison is only regionally accredited, not nationally. Just my .02/something else to think about.
    -Nuclear Navy-Native Texan-

ALWAYS rep back.

Link815 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Link815 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Link815 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Link815 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Link815 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Link815 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Link815 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Link815 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Link815 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Link815 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Link815 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by nick4g63t View Post
    Almost everyone I work with uses Excelsior for their degree. I've heard that Thomas Edison is only regionally accredited, not nationally. Just my .02/something else to think about.
    A chief on my crew was doing some work through Thomas Edison because it transferred to University of Minnesota where he was headed when he got out. Some of those sketchy online schools may have agreements with real schools for transfer credits and whatever, so it may be worth looking into if you plan on relocating to a certain area when you get out.
    Best Sanctioned Lifts (USPA/USAPL):
    683w/452/507

Best Gym Lifts:
    675w/477.5/495

bluemarlinO4 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bluemarlinO4 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bluemarlinO4 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bluemarlinO4 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bluemarlinO4 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bluemarlinO4 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bluemarlinO4 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bluemarlinO4 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bluemarlinO4 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bluemarlinO4 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bluemarlinO4 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by nick4g63t View Post
    Excelsior is a scam. So is Thomas Edison. Thomas Edison is a state college but not in the sense that you think. It's a distance learning college ran for the military and working professionals.
    Thanks guys! I'm leaning more towards SDCC but I'm going to the Navy College office this week to figure out my education plan. I'll let you guys know how things turn out!

edit: Off topic but advancement results need to come out!!!! I want to know if I made 2nd this time up. I missed it by 2pts last exam and the ET rate is by no means open I don't want to be ET3rdforever. How did you guys feel about the new exams? This one kicked my ass!!
    SDCC is fine. Navy College will try to sell you on all sorts of things because the counselors don't know or care about what they're talking about. I had to argue with them and explain that I didn't want to attend their schools. There is nothing wrong with a legit state CC. Just make sure you get good grades and can transfer credits easily.

Poseidon99 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Poseidon99 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Poseidon99 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Poseidon99 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Poseidon99 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Poseidon99 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Poseidon99 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Poseidon99 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Poseidon99 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Poseidon99 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Poseidon99 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by nutsy54 View Post
    By pretty much insulting everyone in the military, based on your lack of knowledge of the military, then proclaiming that you're so much better than the rest of us, so you need to have the super-awesome job.

If you don't think that's what you originally wrote, go back and re-read it.
    dude thats not what i meant at all and i am sorry to everyone if I came off that way. I am just getting older and I feel like its risky to join at this point unless I have a good plan. I have been floundering for too long and I wanna set myself in a good direction I believe I can stay on. And I did not mean that the military has a lack of knowledge but are you going to tell me there is not a lot of officers out there that are unfit in the situation they are given? Dont get me wrong... I know a lot of VERY smart ppl in the military that I would trust with my well being.... I'm just under the impression that (maybe I am wrong) the more ppl you gotta take orders from and answer to... it seems logical that this can become stressful. I am under the impression that Military Spec Ops is more close knit, a bit more "laid back" in military code. I know I will have to obey orders, but I was also under the impression that there is much more decision making with spec ops. Please correct me if I am wrong, this is what I came here to learn.

ALso, I was absolutely not trying to offend people with "regular" jobs in the military. I am a strong supporter of our military and everytime someone complains about the wars in the ME I tell them "If you knew on 9/11 that 10 years from then your resolve to go after the people who just did this was gone.... how do you think you would have felt"

A chain is only as strong as its weakest link. I am big into history and I know how important it is to have your military in tip top shape if **** goes down. So I really dont think there are stupid jobs... just more basic and then more advanced/more responsibility... I am at the point in my life where I need the latter

nutsy54 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) nutsy54 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) nutsy54 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) nutsy54 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) nutsy54 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) nutsy54 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) nutsy54 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) nutsy54 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) nutsy54 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) nutsy54 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) nutsy54 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    dude thats not what i meant at all and i am sorry to everyone if I came off that way.
    Like I said... re-read your earlier posts, because that's exactly how you come off. Now, learn from your mistakes and don't repeat them.

I'm just under the impression that (maybe I am wrong) the more ppl you gotta take orders from and answer to... it seems logical that this can become stressful.
    Once again, re-read your post. You believe "doing what you're told" is stressful, but surviving in a hostile combat zone isn't?

I am under the impression that Military Spec Ops is more close knit, a bit more "laid back" in military code. I know I will have to obey orders, but I was also under the impression that there is much more decision making with spec ops. Please correct me if I am wrong, this is what I came here to learn.
    I've been in the Navy 21 years, and have absolutely no idea what the details are in Naval Special Warfare (which is another reason people react no negatively when you claim to understand such things after reading a few books). Just like comparing any two job fields, some things are "more" and some things are "less". If you truly want to become a SEAL, then that's something that you should already know inside yourself, driving you above all else. Asking a bunch of guys who have no SEAL experience for their input really doesn't make any sense. Take to a SEAL motivator, who will be a current/former SEAL to get far more useful information.

Wrestler4x has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I can tell you one thing. College courses did nothing to prepare me for college wrestling. Perhaps the exerpt is purely for motivation... A challenge to those not listed and encouragement to those listed. Also, my recruiter said wrestler affiliates are the second most successful... Next to chess players. Maybe chess and education have something to do with managing stress...

Poseidon, now that you have made your apology(or whatever it was) dont post in here unless you got other questions unrelated to Special Warfare.

@Nutsy, go ahead and start another Navy Thread within the next day or 2. Thanks Senior, we are supposed to keep these chat threads between 6-8k. I would like to keep you as the OP...... Duke already has too many threads with him as the OP

yolkedestbro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) yolkedestbro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) yolkedestbro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) yolkedestbro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) yolkedestbro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) yolkedestbro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) yolkedestbro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) yolkedestbro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) yolkedestbro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) yolkedestbro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) yolkedestbro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Anyone a CFL?

just did my prt, 20-24 group, 100 sit ups, 89 pushups, figured those are both 'outstanding'

for my weigh in I rang in at 179, just happened to finish the bike and burn 179 calories in the 12 minutes. Anyone know how to calculate or equate that over to a run time? My CFL told me not to worry about my score but I'm curious as to what it equates to.

Thanks.

nutsy54 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) nutsy54 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) nutsy54 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) nutsy54 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) nutsy54 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) nutsy54 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) nutsy54 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) nutsy54 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) nutsy54 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) nutsy54 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) nutsy54 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

Arrow

This thread... Is now this thread:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=148828443
    Last edited by nutsy54; 10-10-2012 at 11:19 PM.