Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    FortifiedIron is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FortifiedIron is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FortifiedIron is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FortifiedIron is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FortifiedIron is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FortifiedIron is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FortifiedIron is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FortifiedIron is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FortifiedIron is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FortifiedIron is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FortifiedIron is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally posted by Rocky_Maivia
    Would this mean that you grow the most during weeks 5-6?
    During that time your applying the highest amount of stress on the body.

Kc
    Fortified-iron.com/forum

Kyle@fortified-iron.com

http://fortified-iron.com/board/entry.php?2-FortifiedIron-Wave-Progress-For-Strength-Training

Per Ferrum, Ad Astra- Mel Siff

dtfranz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Sounds awsome, I think ill try it soon!

Grrrr is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Grrrr is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Grrrr is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Grrrr is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Grrrr is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Grrrr is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Grrrr is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Grrrr is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Grrrr is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Grrrr is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Grrrr is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I like it, but I personally prefer more drastic jumps in volume. But that's a good program nonetheless.
    Connery: I'd like "Anal Bum Cover" for $200 Alex.
    Trebec: That's "An Album Cover" Mr. Connery.
    Connery: HARHARHARHAR.

Grrrr is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Grrrr is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Grrrr is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Grrrr is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Grrrr is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Grrrr is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Grrrr is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Grrrr is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Grrrr is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Grrrr is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Grrrr is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I like it, but I personally prefer more drastic jumps in volume. But that's a good program nonetheless.

I'm a bit confused. What are the rest days? Is it like uper day one than lower day one than rest and then the same for day two or what. For the loading phase are you working out 6 times a week alternating the days? If you could clear this up it would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

FortifiedIron is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FortifiedIron is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FortifiedIron is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FortifiedIron is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FortifiedIron is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FortifiedIron is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FortifiedIron is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FortifiedIron is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FortifiedIron is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FortifiedIron is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FortifiedIron is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally posted by dtfranz
    I'm a bit confused. What are the rest days? Is it like uper day one than lower day one than rest and then the same for day two or what. For the loading phase are you working out 6 times a week alternating the days? If you could clear this up it would be much appreciated.

Thanks.
    During the loading phase it would go like this:

Mon: Upper
    Tues: Lower
    Wed: Upper
    Thur: Lower
    Friday: Off
    Sat: Upper
    Sun: Lower

During the regular loading it would be:

Mon: Upper
    Tues: Lower
    Wed. Off
    Thur: Upper
    Fri: Lower
    Sat-Sun: Off

As for Grrr, what do you mean higher jumps in volume? During the loading phase the volume/frquency/intensity/fatigue all increase by a ton.

Kc
    Fortified-iron.com/forum

Kyle@fortified-iron.com

http://fortified-iron.com/board/entry.php?2-FortifiedIron-Wave-Progress-For-Strength-Training

thanks for the info

dude544 is a name known to all. (+5000) dude544 is a name known to all. (+5000) dude544 is a name known to all. (+5000) dude544 is a name known to all. (+5000) dude544 is a name known to all. (+5000) dude544 is a name known to all. (+5000) dude544 is a name known to all. (+5000) dude544 is a name known to all. (+5000) dude544 is a name known to all. (+5000) dude544 is a name known to all. (+5000) dude544 is a name known to all. (+5000)

Re: Hypertrophy Program

Originally posted by FortifiedIron
    Week 1-2 (regular training)
    Upper day 1:
    Bench Press 3x6
    Close grip 3x6
    Push down 3x6
    DB shrugs 3x6
    Weighted pull ups 3xF
    Military Press 3x6
    Preacher Curls 3x6

Upper day 2:
    Incline Press 3x6
    Fly’s 3x6
    Triceps extensions 3x6
    Barbell Shrug 3x6
    Upright Rows 3x6
    Push Press 3x6
    Barbell Curl 3x6

Lower day 1:
    Squat 3x6
    Leg Press 3x6
    Good morning 3x6
    Glut Ham Raise 3x6
    Straight Leg Deadlift 3x6

Lower day 2:
    Deadlift 3x6
    Front Squat 3x6
    Weighted Step-ups 3x6
    High Pull 3x6
    Standing Calf Raises 3x10

Loading phase 3-4 weeks
    Upper day 1:
    Flat bench 3x8
    Skull Crushers 3x8
    Iso-metric Plate raises 3x6 (5 Second pause at top)
    Power Shrugs 3x8
    Lat Pull downs 3x8
    Bicep Curls 3x8

Upper day 2:
    Incline DB press 3x8
    Barbell overhead extensions 3x8
    Barbell Curls 3x8
    Iso-metric DB shrugs 5x5 (5 second pause at top)
    Upright Rows 3x8
    Push Press 3x8

Upper day 3:
    Decline Bench Press 3x8
    Weighted Dips 3x8
    Preacher Curls 3x8
    Seated DB Press 3x8
    Dumbell Rows 3x8

Lower day 1:
    Squat 3x8
    Good Morning 3x8
    Glut Ham Raise 3x8
    Seated Calf Raises 5x10

Lower day 2:
    Deadlift 3x8
    Front Squat 3x8
    Weighted Step-ups 3x8
    Standing Calf Raises 5x10

Lower day 3:
    Leg Press 3x8
    Straight Leg Deadlift 3x8
    Glut Ham raise 3x8
    Seated Calf Raises 5x10

Tapering 5-6 weeks

Upper day 1:
    Bench 2x10
    Close grip 2x10
    Military Press 2x10
    Upright row 2x10
    Hammer Curls 2x10

Lower day 1:
    Squat 2x10
    Deadlift 2x10
    Glut Ham raise 1x10
    GM 2x10
    Something I am thinking of starting after dfht!
    Leg Press
    Preacher Curl
    pushdowns
    pulldowns
    I'm going to have to find some alternatives to those...until I purchase a new lat station.

dips are a problem atm. But I should be ordering a body solid dip station in 2-3 weeks time.

Here is an example of how I progress for back, doing a 2x per week split, the following volume is for each session:
    by weeks: 4, 8, 12, 16, 5, 10, 15, 20, 0.
    Every 2-3 weeks I take 2-3 days off.

Originally posted by Grrrr
    Here is an example of how I progress for back, doing a 2x per week split, the following volume is for each session:
    by weeks: 4, 8, 12, 16, 5, 10, 15, 20, 0.
    Every 2-3 weeks I take 2-3 days off.
    But why take those days off when you dont need too?

Can you elaborate a bit.. the way you typed that makes it hard to tell what is what.

Kc
    Fortified-iron.com/forum

Kyle@fortified-iron.com

stronggolfpro has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    SO WHAT DO YOU DO AFTER THE SIXTH WEEK???

Younglifter14 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Younglifter14 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Younglifter14 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Younglifter14 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Younglifter14 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Younglifter14 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Younglifter14 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Younglifter14 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Younglifter14 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Younglifter14 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Younglifter14 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally posted by stronggolfpro
    Start over =P.

Young

Originally posted by stronggolfpro
    Repeat the cycle.

Kc
    Fortified-iron.com/forum

Kyle@fortified-iron.com

scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz
    i like it... but what would be interesting doin this during the rugby season... i have jsut changed to doing upper/lower- heavy/light myself but not with the loading....

question tho what happens if you still have doms...

Originally posted by scott_donald
    i like it... but what would be interesting doin this during the rugby season... i have jsut changed to doing upper/lower- heavy/light myself but not with the loading....

question tho what happens if you still have doms...

I wouldnt do it during rugby season.

Kc
    Fortified-iron.com/forum

Kyle@fortified-iron.com

scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz
    Originally posted by FortifiedIron
    I wouldnt do it during rugby season.

Kc
    i know... but what if you had doms during the loading phase in your dfht program...

Originally posted by scott_donald
    i know... but what if you had doms during the loading phase in your dfht program...
    Just work through it , DOMs is going to happen, especially as the body starts to overreach.

Kc
    Fortified-iron.com/forum

Kyle@fortified-iron.com

sorry, i thought i was being pretty clear, but I am sometimes mistaken
    -2-3 minutes between every set.
    -i usually don't use past 90% of my 1rm until the last week before a deloading wee.
    -I usually work everything 2x a week. Also, I stop 1 or 2 reps before failure. The following sets are for both sessions during a week, so if it says 5 sets, then that's 10 total sets for the week.
    here is an example of how i would cycle back volume:
    week 1: 4 sets
    week 2: 8 sets
    week 3: 12 sets
    week 4: 16 sets
    week 5: 5 sets
    6: 10
    7: 15
    8: 20
    9: 0 sets
    10: 4 sets
    The days off are more for psychological comfort. B/c of the volume, and my belief in slightly longer rest periods, I'll train 6 days a week. I basically just take a couple days off and go a little lax on the diet. I won't record what I eat; I"ll take it easy.

Laying the Smackdown. Rocky_Maivia's Avatar
    Rocky_Maivia is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Rocky_Maivia is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Rocky_Maivia is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Rocky_Maivia is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Rocky_Maivia is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Rocky_Maivia is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Rocky_Maivia is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Rocky_Maivia is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Rocky_Maivia is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Rocky_Maivia is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Rocky_Maivia is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Can these principles be used for only one or two muscle groups? At the moment I am doing strength training(powerlifting), can I just work say biceps and calves using this method or does it work better full-body?
    neg reds on sight crew

Adonis2B has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    The tapering phase seems more like a hypertrophy program to me. Typically for hypertrophy one should be in the 8-12 rep range.
    (NSCA).

Younglifter14 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Younglifter14 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Younglifter14 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Younglifter14 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Younglifter14 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Younglifter14 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Younglifter14 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Younglifter14 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Younglifter14 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Younglifter14 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Younglifter14 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally posted by Adonis2B
    The tapering phase seems more like a hypertrophy program to me.
    Why?

young

Originally posted by Rocky_Maivia
    Can these principles be used for only one or two muscle groups? At the moment I am doing strength training(powerlifting), can I just work say biceps and calves using this method or does it work better full-body?
    Train for strength is a bit different. I'll post one of my strength routines shortly. I actually should have an article coming out shortly on periodization for powerlifters.

Kc
    Fortified-iron.com/forum

Kyle@fortified-iron.com

devman27 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) devman27 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) devman27 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) devman27 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) devman27 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) devman27 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) devman27 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) devman27 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) devman27 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) devman27 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) devman27 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Are there more routines on your forums/website? I'm very intrigued.
    Do every act in your life as if it were the last - Marcus Aurelius

Originally posted by devman27
    Are there more routines on your forums/website? I'm very intrigued.
    No but id be more then happy to help you out over there if you would like.

Kc
    Fortified-iron.com/forum

Kyle@fortified-iron.com

Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally posted by Nick666
    Are you supposed to gain during the supercompensation period? Or are you just merely recovering?
    if you were just suposed to recover it probubly wouldn't be called supercompensation

Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    do you use a set % of 1RM for the lifting reguardless of strength increases or would you, after the first few weeks with lower reps recheck for what would be a good 10 rep weight?
    or do you just keep the weight as is and try to do 10 reps with what 2 weeks ago was your 8 rep workload?

S.W.A.T./05 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    This may be a dumb question, but on the tapering weeks, do you train 4 days using the two workouts(like the training phase w/only 2 workouts) or train only 2?

Originally posted by S.W.A.T./05
    This may be a dumb question, but on the tapering weeks, do you train 4 days using the two workouts(like the training phase w/only 2 workouts) or train only 2?
    You only train with 2 sessions. Upper and Lower.

Kc
    Fortified-iron.com/forum

Kyle@fortified-iron.com

Originally posted by Kane Fan
    do you use a set % of 1RM for the lifting reguardless of strength increases or would you, after the first few weeks with lower reps recheck for what would be a good 10 rep weight?
    or do you just keep the weight as is and try to do 10 reps with what 2 weeks ago was your 8 rep workload?
    Strength training program:

Week 1-2 (regular loading)
    -Mean intensity 80%
    -volume 130-155 (lifts at 80%-90%)
    - 3 Training sessions

Wk 1-2

Workout 1
    Bench Press 3x5 80% (raw)
    Rack Press 5x3 90%
    Shirted bench 4x4 80% (shirt max)

Workout 2
    Squat 3x5 80%
    box squats 3x5 80%
    Power Snatch 3x5 80%

Workout 3
    Deadlift 3x5 80%
    Below knee 5x3 90%
    GM 3x5 90%

Week 3-4 (loading)
    - Mean intensity 90%+
    - Volume 160-200 (lifts at 90%+)
    - 4 Training sessions

Workout 1
    Bench Press 3x2 90%
    Rack Press 3x3 95% 3x3 115%
    Shirted bench 3x2 80% 2x1 95% 1x1 100% 1x1 102.5% (shirt max)

Workout 2
    Squat 3x2 80% 2x1 95% 1x1 100% 1x1 102.5%
    box squats 5x3 90%
    Power Snatch 3x3 90%

Workout 3
    Deadlift 3x3 85% 3x2 90% 1x1 100%
    Below knee 5x3 110%
    GM 4x4 95%

Workout 4
    Push Press 3x3 90%
    Snatch Grip High Pull 3x3 90%
    Glut Ham Raise 4x!

Weeks 5-6 (deloading)
    Mean Intensity 30-50%
    Volume 50-70 lifts (30-50%)
    Frequency 2 training sessions

Workout 1.
    Box sq 8x3 40%
    Power Snatch 3x5 50%

Workout 2
    Bench 8x3 40%
    Close grip 3x5 40%
    Hang clean 3x5 40%
    Fortified-iron.com/forum

Kyle@fortified-iron.com

Laying the Smackdown. Rocky_Maivia's Avatar
    Rocky_Maivia is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Rocky_Maivia is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Rocky_Maivia is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Rocky_Maivia is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Rocky_Maivia is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Rocky_Maivia is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Rocky_Maivia is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Rocky_Maivia is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Rocky_Maivia is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Rocky_Maivia is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Rocky_Maivia is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Routine looks good.

Just one Q, What if I dont have a benching shirt? Whate will I do in place of Shirted Bench Press?

Thanks
    neg reds on sight crew