Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    NORCALpump is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NORCALpump is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NORCALpump is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NORCALpump is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NORCALpump is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NORCALpump is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NORCALpump is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NORCALpump is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NORCALpump is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NORCALpump is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NORCALpump is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Yes it is a good career but it strongly depends on you as a person. It's definitely NOT for everyone but if it's something you feel you can do then definitely give it a shot. It's hard to get into (I LOL at people that say it's easy...they've obviously never tried to get into a department) but if you are persistent and dedicated then you can make it happen. I've been trying for the past year and I've gotten to a few oral boards but no polys yet.

My mom is an LEO and she loves it.
    Kings - Giants - Sharks - Chargers
    MMA/Boxing

Kodiak87 is just really nice. (+1000) Kodiak87 is just really nice. (+1000) Kodiak87 is just really nice. (+1000) Kodiak87 is just really nice. (+1000) Kodiak87 is just really nice. (+1000) Kodiak87 is just really nice. (+1000) Kodiak87 is just really nice. (+1000) Kodiak87 is just really nice. (+1000) Kodiak87 is just really nice. (+1000) Kodiak87 is just really nice. (+1000) Kodiak87 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by natypes View Post
    It gets old for most. I've been doing it 11 and it's old. Some days are better than others. It's still just a job and we're just humans. Research the department you want to join extensively.

check their forums, do ride-a-longs, whatever you can.

Also, I'm stuck in a large department with a lot of issues promoting. A lot of lawsuits saying the tests were racist and whatnot. 11 years and no one from my class or 2-3 years above me (let alone those below) have been promoted. The test is very heavily weighted for seniority. There has only been one test given during my 11 years. I had 7 years at the time and no one with less than 10 made the promotional list.

Some departments make 60-70 for an officer alone. Get promoted and get raises of usually 5k for each rank.

This. I'm a firefighter but it's the same from what I've discussed with cops. Once the you realize it's nothing like TV, it becomes a job. I think cops burnout quicker than firemen. think about it: almost everyone a cop interacts with LIES to them. It would make me hate people even more than I do now. I also hear schedule complaints. I often wonder what that side is like, with the perceived autonomy and ability to sort of control how busy your day is, to an extent.

At the end of the day it's a respectable job that usually has good benefits and, around here, easy part time/overtime money.

aStRoRdInArY is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) aStRoRdInArY is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) aStRoRdInArY is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) aStRoRdInArY is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) aStRoRdInArY is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) aStRoRdInArY is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) aStRoRdInArY is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) aStRoRdInArY is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) aStRoRdInArY is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) aStRoRdInArY is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) aStRoRdInArY is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Im going into Law enforcement. in my opinion its a career you HAVE to really want to do if you plan on doing it forever. if not youll just get burnt out really fast and hate it
    **Sicilian/Russian Crew**
    ♚ Middle Eastern & Mediterranean Crew ♛
    ---Central Michigan University/Mount Pleasant Crew---

spillmouse is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) spillmouse is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) spillmouse is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) spillmouse is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) spillmouse is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) spillmouse is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) spillmouse is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) spillmouse is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) spillmouse is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) spillmouse is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) spillmouse is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by aStRoRdInArY View Post
    Im going into Law enforcement. in my opinion its a career you HAVE to really want to do if you plan on doing it forever. if not youll just get burnt out really fast and hate it
    very true
    *Seahawks *Raptors *Canucks *BlueJays *Washington Huskies*

*Personal Trainer*

*Natural Physique Competitor*

16.75" of Clive wannabe natypes's Avatar
    natypes has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) natypes has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) natypes has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) natypes has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) natypes has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) natypes has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) natypes has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) natypes has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) natypes has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) natypes has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) natypes has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by 44jt44 View Post
    11 years and not 1 promotion? Fuk man... you been looking into other types of law enforcement? Federal/state etc.? That must be tough to go to every day...
    I looked at federal a while and applied and tested with a few, but that was around 08 when shyt was really bad. Hiring freezes and such. State, no. Where I'm at I'd take a paycut for pretty much anyplace I went, although over the long run I'd do better. I have friends/family here and all the moving is a deterrent. Also, the grass is not always greener. FBI sounds so cool when you don't know much about them. After being in law enforcement for so long and seeing the reality I'll pass.

You Canadians need to realize it's cheaper to live here. We don't make as much, but our buying power is probably better.
    You are the only problem you will ever have and YOU are the only solution.

Car Crew
    Only misc 8-5 crew M-F
    Android Crew
    Indie Music Crew
    Black girl magic crew
    Home chef crew
    Warzone 2 crew
    FJB

BakeryMaster is a complete loser! (-2000) BakeryMaster is a complete loser! (-2000) BakeryMaster is a complete loser! (-2000) BakeryMaster is a complete loser! (-2000) BakeryMaster is a complete loser! (-2000) BakeryMaster is a complete loser! (-2000) BakeryMaster is a complete loser! (-2000) BakeryMaster is a complete loser! (-2000) BakeryMaster is a complete loser! (-2000) BakeryMaster is a complete loser! (-2000) BakeryMaster is a complete loser! (-2000)
    Originally Posted by spillmouse View Post
    Everyone and their neighbour wants to be a fire fighter here , very tough
    its the same here (northern ontario). But my dad is just recently retired he had 30 years of service, so i think back then he would have had an easier time becoming a cop.

the thing that they told me is that you have a better chance of getting brought on if you go to post secondary for something that isn't police related. They don't prefer people with police foundations, because it shows that the person is one dimensional. They recommended that if i wanted to be a cop to go to school for something unrelated because the force will see that you have a variety of skills and don't put all of your eggs in one basket.

anonymous
    in northern nj after seniority, 115k base plus all the overtime/holiday pay u get close to 150k. also a nice pension after 25 years. even better nj/ny port authority close to 200k after seniority and pension after 20 yrs. federal is pretty avg pay...50-60k start, 100k seniority. its gunna be a standard office job though no physical policing for the most part if thats what u wish for.

NORCALpump is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NORCALpump is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NORCALpump is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NORCALpump is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NORCALpump is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NORCALpump is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NORCALpump is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NORCALpump is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NORCALpump is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NORCALpump is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NORCALpump is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by bigdogfarmhand View Post
    In the USA. They don't make shyt. There are WAY better and Easyier ways to make WAY more money.
    Around here LEOs start out at $60k a year and upward. LEOs in the Bay Area start out at $90k. Definitely wouldn't call that 'shyt'...
    MMA/Boxing

spillmouse is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) spillmouse is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) spillmouse is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) spillmouse is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) spillmouse is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) spillmouse is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) spillmouse is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) spillmouse is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) spillmouse is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) spillmouse is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) spillmouse is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by BakeryMaster View Post
    its the same here (northern ontario). But my dad is just recently retired he had 30 years of service, so i think back then he would have had an easier time becoming a cop.

the thing that they told me is that you have a better chance of getting brought on if you go to post secondary for something that isn't police related. They don't prefer people with police foundations, because it shows that the person is one dimensional. They recommended that if i wanted to be a cop to go to school for something unrelated because the force will see that you have a variety of skills and don't put all of your eggs in one basket.
    I played university football and went to school in Halifax and Edmonton taking Soc

*Personal Trainer*

skinnytobulk has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) skinnytobulk has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) skinnytobulk has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) skinnytobulk has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) skinnytobulk has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) skinnytobulk has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) skinnytobulk has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) skinnytobulk has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) skinnytobulk has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) skinnytobulk has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) skinnytobulk has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I looked at federal a while and applied and tested with a few, but that was around 08 when shyt was really bad. Hiring freezes and such. State, no. Where I'm at I'd take a paycut for pretty much anyplace I went, although over the long run I'd do better. I have friends/family here and all the moving is a deterrent. Also, the grass is not always greener. FBI sounds so cool when you don't know much about them. After being in law enforcement for so long and seeing the reality I'll pass.
    How about CIA?

I've heard this before too...good advice repped.
    MMA/Boxing

MJND is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MJND is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MJND is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MJND is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MJND is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MJND is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MJND is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MJND is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MJND is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MJND is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MJND is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I've heard the opposite as well. I had a professor in college who worked NYPD for 20 some years. He said in his experience, the super enthusiastic "I'm gonna be the best police officer ever and change the world" guys were the first to burn out. Once the realization sank in that they weren't going to completely eliminate crime in their city, and that at many times the system seemed to be a revolving door, they got depressed and discouraged.

IMO it's important to be realistic.
    *MFC*

anonymous
    Originally Posted by skinnytobulk View Post
    How about CIA?
    it's a standard office job

natypes has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) natypes has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) natypes has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) natypes has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) natypes has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) natypes has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) natypes has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) natypes has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) natypes has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) natypes has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) natypes has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    How about CIA?
    lol you kids watch too much tv. CIA gives heavy preference to military, which I'm not. CIA is not exactly law enforcement imo.

Car Crew
    Only misc 8-5 crew M-F
    Android Crew
    Indie Music Crew
    Black girl magic crew
    Home chef crew
    Warzone 2 crew
    FJB

Women love men in a uniform too brahsssss

*Personal Trainer*

MJND is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MJND is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MJND is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MJND is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MJND is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MJND is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MJND is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MJND is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MJND is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MJND is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MJND is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by spillmouse View Post
    Women love men in a uniform too brahsssss
    The badge gets the pussy but the pussy gets the badge.

Tread lightly.
    *MFC*

Kodiak87 is just really nice. (+1000) Kodiak87 is just really nice. (+1000) Kodiak87 is just really nice. (+1000) Kodiak87 is just really nice. (+1000) Kodiak87 is just really nice. (+1000) Kodiak87 is just really nice. (+1000) Kodiak87 is just really nice. (+1000) Kodiak87 is just really nice. (+1000) Kodiak87 is just really nice. (+1000) Kodiak87 is just really nice. (+1000) Kodiak87 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Public safety only recruits due to glamorizations and false perception. For example I would bet money most police officers have been to many calls along the lines of "a drunk guy (insert any verb here," or "my kid won't do his homework" or countless horse **** car accidents than they have reports of shots fired and high speed pursuits. I think that the realization of this prior to employment would reduce burnout.

Firefighter = the same thing. I have been to many more "smells of smoke" and false alarms than I have actual fires (like 1 fire per countless bulli**** alarms. Same thing with EMS. Every crazy "cool" call is followed by roughly 400 billion(estimated) non emergency calls for infected toenails and headaches because people use 911 as an extension of the welfare system("why do for myself what someone will do for me").

The thing I have to focus on is at the end of the day I'm paid to hangout with friends and have the chance to do things that people only see on TV. A slim chance but it does happen. Also remembering how bad I wanted the job prior to employment helps put things in perspective.

/ramble

aj0538 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) aj0538 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) aj0538 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) aj0538 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) aj0538 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) aj0538 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) aj0538 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) aj0538 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) aj0538 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) aj0538 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) aj0538 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I've been an LEO for 20 years. I still love my job but you have to get into a bigger department where you have opportunities to get into different units. I imagine if I was in patrol handling radio calls for 20 years it'd get monotonous.

I've done everything I've wanted to do. I've been in units that use bicycles ( I was riding 30+ miles a day and was shredded), SWAT, Motors, Narcs and I've been a Sgt for several years.

I'll get to retire in a couple of years and my pension witll pay about 85% of what I make now. That's good considering there's no federal or social security tax taken out. I'll clear more and then move on to a consulting job with a security company or insurance company and make another 60K+ a year.

Would I do it again? yes but I'd put more money into my secondary deferred comp retirement plan for sure. I'd network more because no matter what your told your score on promotional exams is only part of the reason you'll get promoted.

Overall I've had and still have a great career and love going to work.

I can tell you this also. If you get the job because you got your ass kicked in HS and want payback you will have a bad career. If you do it because it's what you want to do and your goal is actually helping people and putting meat in the cooler then you're on the right track.

If you have any specific questions for me let me know.
    ***Georgia Crew***
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

aStRoRdInArY is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) aStRoRdInArY is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) aStRoRdInArY is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) aStRoRdInArY is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) aStRoRdInArY is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) aStRoRdInArY is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) aStRoRdInArY is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) aStRoRdInArY is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) aStRoRdInArY is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) aStRoRdInArY is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) aStRoRdInArY is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by MJND View Post
    I've heard the opposite as well. I had a professor in college who worked NYPD for 20 some years. He said in his experience, the super enthusiastic "I'm gonna be the best police officer ever and change the world" guys were the first to burn out. Once the realization sank in that they weren't going to completely eliminate crime in their city, and that at many times the system seemed to be a revolving door, they got depressed and discouraged.

IMO it's important to be realistic.
    i have heard this as well. definitely good to be a balance of really wanting to make a difference but at the same time being realistic.

skinnytobulk has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) skinnytobulk has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) skinnytobulk has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) skinnytobulk has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) skinnytobulk has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) skinnytobulk has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) skinnytobulk has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) skinnytobulk has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) skinnytobulk has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) skinnytobulk has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) skinnytobulk has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    "Im going into Law enforcement. in my opinion its a career you HAVE to really want to do if you plan on doing it forever. if not youll just get burnt out really fast and hate it"

I talked to this retired lady here in Toronto while working before retail, and she was a retired police chief. She said everyone told her she couldn't do it etc. even her parents, but she said her ambition led to her being so successful.

lol No. The shyt you experience from the public as well as supervisors weighs different on everyone. Both have ruined good officers. Remember all those 'power hungry police officer stereotypes? Well those guys are our supervisors too.

They expect the impossible sometimes. The public AND the supervisors. I have many, many examples.

Car Crew
    Only misc 8-5 crew M-F
    Android Crew
    Indie Music Crew
    Black girl magic crew
    Home chef crew
    Warzone 2 crew
    FJB

xMetalocalypse is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) xMetalocalypse is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) xMetalocalypse is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) xMetalocalypse is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) xMetalocalypse is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) xMetalocalypse is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) xMetalocalypse is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) xMetalocalypse is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) xMetalocalypse is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) xMetalocalypse is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) xMetalocalypse is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    lol you kids watch too much tv. CIA gives heavy preference to military, which I'm not. CIA is not exactly law enforcement imo.
    This. Never met a CIA/NSA employee who didn't serve in some form.
    ***MISC CIGAR CREW***

Awkward ab genetics crew

Too many crews to include in signature crew

Poverty Lifts:
    B - 200 (5X5)
    S - 265 (5X5)
    OHP - 125 (5X5)

Dan916 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dan916 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dan916 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dan916 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dan916 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dan916 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dan916 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dan916 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dan916 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dan916 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dan916 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Be sure to keep clean if you want to be an officer and want to pass lie detector

Only like 1 in 200 that apply end up becoming a LEO for one reason or another.

Originally Posted by aj0538 View Post
    I've been an LEO for 20 years. I still love my job but you have to get into a bigger department where you have opportunities to get into different units. I imagine if I was in patrol handling radio calls for 20 years it'd get monotonous.

I've done everything I've wanted to do. I've been in units that use bicycles ( I was riding 30+ miles a day and was shredded), SWAT, Motors, Narcs and I've been a Sgt for several years.

I'll get to retire in a couple of years and my pension witll pay about 85% of what I make now. That's good considering there's no federal or social security tax taken out. I'll clear more and then move on to a consulting job with a security company or insurance company and make another 60K+ a year.

Would I do it again? yes but I'd put more money into my secondary deferred comp retirement plan for sure. I'd network more because no matter what your told your score on promotional exams is only part of the reason you'll get promoted.

I can tell you this also. If you get the job because you got your ass kicked in HS and want payback you will have a bad career. If you do it because it's what you want to do and your goal is actually helping people and putting meat in the cooler then you're on the right track.

That's an awesome pension.

I'm sure you've missed a lot of family moments doing narc, swat and other specialized units. At least that is how it is here.

Also, if your department's promotional exam wasn't completely objective then that sucks really. Ours is. It doesn't matter who you know as far as promotions go. Specialized units are ALL about who you know here.

Car Crew
    Only misc 8-5 crew M-F
    Android Crew
    Indie Music Crew
    Black girl magic crew
    Home chef crew
    Warzone 2 crew
    FJB

BK303 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BK303 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BK303 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BK303 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BK303 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BK303 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BK303 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BK303 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BK303 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BK303 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BK303 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

My old man is in the same boat, going to retire in a few years which will bring him around 30 years of service too. Things were for sure different back then, he got into the force straight out of high school. That would be impossible nowadays.
    He's part of the "hiring squad" that conducts interviews with potential candidates. He's said that police foundations (or any university course for that matter) won't help anyone become a cop. They're looking for 26-30+ year olds with life experience and character, not some piece of paper saying you went to university. It's a really competitive field at the moment and requires a long and difficult path just to get an interview. Good luck to any aspiring cops here though, one hell of a respectable career.

Originally Posted by aj0538 View Post

Advice for a 25 year old aspiring LEO? Should I finish school and get my degree (have a couple years left)? How much would that help me?

Also how hard is it to transfer departments after a few years of patrol? I wanna ultimately work in narcotics, homicide, or some other specialized unit.

lol No. The shyt you experience from the public as well as supervisors weighs different on everyone. Both have ruined good officers. Remember all those 'power hungry police officer stereotypes? Well those guys are our supervisors too.

They expect the impossible sometimes. The public AND the supervisors. I have many, many examples.
    Give some examples brah
    MMA/Boxing

can you give some examples please?

Pexterra is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Pexterra is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Pexterra is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Pexterra is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Pexterra is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Pexterra is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Pexterra is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Pexterra is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Pexterra is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Pexterra is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Pexterra is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by 44jt44 View Post
    If you're in an area where you can get in it wouldn't be bad. I've had buddies trying for years and they haven't been able to get on. One buddy of mine graduated with a bachelors in criminal justice with a 4.0gpa and it took him 3 years before he found a job in law enforcement. GL OP.
    It's dumb to get a degree in criminal justice. Get a different degree, so you have something to fall back on if you don't like being a police officer. When you get out that CJ degree isn't very appealing, but any degree looks good when applying for a police job.

ʕ •ᴥ•ʔ Mouth Breathing DiddlemeDrogba's Avatar
    DiddlemeDrogba is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DiddlemeDrogba is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DiddlemeDrogba is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DiddlemeDrogba is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DiddlemeDrogba is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DiddlemeDrogba is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DiddlemeDrogba is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DiddlemeDrogba is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DiddlemeDrogba is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DiddlemeDrogba is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DiddlemeDrogba is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Hell yeah it is. I live in an affluent, virtually crimeless suburb, but we have a massive police force. One officer was just fired for consecutive DUIs and a hit and run, but it was revealed the fukcer was making $130,000/year with overtime (traffic directing lol).
    *Uses pocket as napkin crew*

SCG has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SCG has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SCG has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SCG has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SCG has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SCG has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SCG has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SCG has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SCG has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SCG has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SCG has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Here in Canada, well Toronto the starting pay for cadet/first year is 54000.

"Cadet in Training $54,398.66
    4th Class Constable $60,455.95
    3rd Class Constable $69,098.18
    2nd Class Constable $77,736.24
    1st Class Constable $86,365.94"

http://www.torontopolice.on.ca/careers/uni_benefits.php

I feel bad for the guys in usa, more dangerous and salary is less:/
    Virtually same salary here where I live in MB. City of roughly 50,000 ideal for someone wanting in law enforcement but lower risk. Think there has been 2-5murders in the past decade here. Have some friends on with local police dept make good money. Have a few family in RCMP as we'll make good money too except you sometimes get stationed in chit hole places for a few yrs at a time.