Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    rhythmandracks is on a distinguished road. (+10) rhythmandracks is on a distinguished road. (+10) rhythmandracks is on a distinguished road. (+10) rhythmandracks is on a distinguished road. (+10) rhythmandracks is on a distinguished road. (+10) rhythmandracks is on a distinguished road. (+10) rhythmandracks is on a distinguished road. (+10) rhythmandracks is on a distinguished road. (+10) rhythmandracks is on a distinguished road. (+10) rhythmandracks is on a distinguished road. (+10) rhythmandracks is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    My little brother is doing a project so hes using the only computer in the house, so I'll Sorry have to post today's log tomorrow. Sorry guys...

rhythmandracks is on a distinguished road. (+10) rhythmandracks is on a distinguished road. (+10) rhythmandracks is on a distinguished road. (+10) rhythmandracks is on a distinguished road. (+10) rhythmandracks is on a distinguished road. (+10) rhythmandracks is on a distinguished road. (+10) rhythmandracks is on a distinguished road. (+10) rhythmandracks is on a distinguished road. (+10) rhythmandracks is on a distinguished road. (+10) rhythmandracks is on a distinguished road. (+10) rhythmandracks is on a distinguished road. (+10)

June 7, 2012

Hey guys. Sorry for not updating for the past few days. I went out of town and hung out with the boys from school (trying to do that a lot more now, keeps my life from getting too boring). Didn't have constant internet connection, a food scale, or any real way to keep track of calories, so I didn't. Kind of bummed, but not really. The point of this log and my current fitness journey, is to prove to myself that I can look good and be in good shape, and still be able to live a normal life, and this is simply part of it. With that being said, my plan was to stay until Wednesday and then come back home, but my plans were interrupted (by an unplanned work shift) so I had to come back home for the night. I will be going back up tomorrow afternoon, and likely will be getting yucky with the boys, so I won't really count calories, but will try to keep my meals for the day extremely light. I also will be doing the leg day that I was supposed to do today tomorrow before work. So I'll see you guys again on Wednesday.

June 15, 2012

I'm Back!!!!! Sorry it took so long, but I'm most definitely back now and getting back into the swing of it. Did do my weigh in on Monday so I'll post that on here for today as well. Woke up real late and had to run to work, so missed the gym for today. This whole week was sort of a flop, but it was a good time, so I give 0 *****.

Weight: 167 (still goin steady)

June 15, 2012 (for real this time)

After creating a topic on the forums asking people to provide constructive criticism about my 1 month progress, I have learned that I'm gonna need to cut down much more than I first thought. So I made a decision. By the end of the summer, I'm going to be down to 150-155 lbs. From there, I'm going to go on an EC stack and burn through the last 10-15 lbs, get down to around 140. It shouldn't be too hard as my weight loss has been real steady so far, but the trick is going to be to keep my lifts the same or higher as I go down in weight. I know that I've been slacking in the gym department and that definitely ends this week, as of next Monday, I should have some sort of workout logged in each of my logs, if not call me out for it. I know my weight loss could be better, cause although I'm decent on diet, I could really use some work on the gym part of it. So help me out dudes!!!

June 16, 2012

June 17, 2012

Sorry, had to run to church this morning, so didn't get a chance to take my morning pic, but still have a food log as usual. Tomorrow's another weigh in, as well as going back to really getting in the gym tough.I'm pretty stoked!

Last edited by rhythmandracks; 06-18-2012 at 11:36 AM.

June 18, 2012

Really gettin back into it and it feels so good, had a decent leg day today, although I feel like with my calories being much lower than they should have been last week, my lifts were not as good as they should be (particularly the squat). I gotta make sure that I keep my protein intake high, cause that's what's really gonna determine where my strength is at the end of this cut, which'll really affect how my future bulk go.

Weight: 162.1
    (THE F***?!?!?!? Idk what happened here, but it probably had to do with having some really low calorie days. I don't wanna lose weight this fast as I know some of that is gonna be muscle....)

I know that I said I'd only check my weight on the Monday of each week. But, with the surprising weigh-in I just had, I had to make sure that there was nothing wrong with the scale or something. I checked again this morning and, sure enough, I'm still sitting at 162lbs. Ok then... Well I gotta make sure to slow the fat loss down a little bit. My goal is to get down to 140lbs, but by the time that I get back to school (about 7 more weeks) I actually expect to be at around 148 (that's if I'm dropping about 2lbs a week, which seems to be pretty consistent at this point). Once I hit the 150lbs point (maybe 155), I think I'm going to go on an EC stack to burn the rest of the weight off quickly, that way when I go back to school, I can feel good about putting some muscle on. Looking at my body, idk how I'm gonna be where I wanna be in 7 weeks, but we'll see what happens.

Absolute88 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Absolute88 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Absolute88 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Absolute88 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Absolute88 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Absolute88 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Absolute88 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Absolute88 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Absolute88 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Absolute88 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Absolute88 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Nice work and log man. Keep up the good work!

Originally Posted by Absolute88 View Post
    Nice work and log man. Keep up the good work!
    Thanks man, appreciate the look

CamLeslie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CamLeslie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CamLeslie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CamLeslie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CamLeslie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CamLeslie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CamLeslie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CamLeslie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CamLeslie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CamLeslie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CamLeslie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Definitely losing weight man. I just thumbed through the pics and you can see it. I'm on the other end trying to eat a calorie excess and your journaling is inspiring me to try harder to track what I eat. Good job man.
    First, Revolution
    Then, Resolution
    Finally, Evolution

SQ [450x1] BP [285x1] DL [500x1] all @ 230 Raw, Drug Free

Originally Posted by CamLeslie View Post
    Definitely losing weight man. I just thumbed through the pics and you can see it. I'm on the other end trying to eat a calorie excess and your journaling is inspiring me to try harder to track what I eat. Good job man.
    Thanks for taking a look man. And for the food tracking, it's really only hard for the first couple weeks and then becomes almost routine. The biggest piece of advice I'll give you is remember to be consistent but not crazy about it. This stuff is supposed to improve your life, not make you obsessed. If your calories are not exact everyday it's not the end of the world. Just be in an overall deficit/surplus get in a lot of protein and you have a failsafe plan.

June 19, 2012

A couple of people have been asking about my really low calorie intake. I do understand that my calorie intake is pretty low by most bodybuilding standards, but because I have very little muscle on my frame already, my main goal is to lose the fat that I have quickly. Once I get down to an acceptable BF percentage, I can bulk up from there. So the next time I cut (when I have significantly more muscle on my frame), it will be much more slow and controlled, that way I lose as little muscle as possible.

June 20, 2012

Added in a bit of cardio today by going running, sucked a fat c*** but was worth it I think. I just gotta get in the cardio groove and I'll be set. Can't wait for this cut to be finished cause I feel like I'm starting to get to the point where I'm losing my already measly strength. Can't wait to bulk and add some mean weights in there.

June 21, 2012

June 22, 2012

Felt like s*** this morning, so I pushed my shoulder day off until tomorrow. Starting to feel the energy loss from the low calories. I want to be done with this cut pretty bad. I'm starting to feel nervous that I'm not gonna be able to get where I want to be in time for school to start. I've already said that I wanna be around 140lbs (145lbs would be great if I got there), but more importantly I want to look better with the weight off. I measured, my two biggest spots that I want to lose fat at, my chest and waist, just to get a feel of where I'm at and where I want to be. My waist measured in at around 34 in, which is around 2-3in less than when I was 175lbs. I want to be at about a 30 in waist, when I leave back for school. My chest measured at 37in, about 2in less than when I was 175lbs. I just am really tired of my man-tits not going away, I really want them to be gone, but I feel like my fat chest is gonna be the body part that pisses me off, even after my cut is over. Either way, we'll see what happens. I decided that I want to get at least a full month on the EC Stack, really just to see what it does to my body and my fat, and start it the first Monday of July (July 2nd). I've heard real good things about the results that people get on the stack, so I'm pretty excited. Plus that caffeine energy boost can't hurt at all hahahaha

One quick question for the dudes that read this. Where do ya guys think I'll be in August, about a month and a half from now. Do you think that I'll be in a good position to start bulking? I'd like to think so but I'm starting to get nervous when I see the fat ThaT's still on my body.

Whitekoala is a name known to all. (+5000) Whitekoala is a name known to all. (+5000) Whitekoala is a name known to all. (+5000) Whitekoala is a name known to all. (+5000) Whitekoala is a name known to all. (+5000) Whitekoala is a name known to all. (+5000) Whitekoala is a name known to all. (+5000) Whitekoala is a name known to all. (+5000) Whitekoala is a name known to all. (+5000) Whitekoala is a name known to all. (+5000) Whitekoala is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Alright had a look at your log. I am noticing a general trend in your calories and as well as your diet.

First off your calories are very low. I already calculated your daily calorie maintence intake for you. Its 2400 calories. Hence to lose 1lb a week you would eat a 1900 calories. YOu are eaing at around 1200-1400 calories on average. Hence you are losing 2lbs a week. Now i don't recommend this. I guess its okay because you don't have to much muscle loss so its not a big deal. I on the other hand couldn't do this, or i would lose a ton of muscle. Just so you know. So if you are feeling good and not to drained you can continue doing this, but if you are feeling drowzy and tired all the time, i would suggest only losing up to 1lb/week.

As for your diet. To be honest its not good.

I have seen that you are eating a lot of pizza. Its okay to have pizza in moderation, but if you are cutting i would toss it out completely, someone like me who has alot more experience could work it into my diet, but for you i would suggest not eating it.

Also you are not having any vegetables or fruits at all. these are the foundation of a cut.

Seriously i can have a whole bowl of peas for only 80 calories. I can also eat a ton of apples and oranges, as well as bananas, etc.

I would seriously consider getitng at least 2-4 servings of vegetables and fruits into your diet each and every day, vegetables you can eat as much of them as possible, make sure you track them as well.

So ya make sure you eat a ton of vegetables and fruit, try to keep the fast food to a minimum as well

And u can continue to lose 2lbs a week, if you aren't too drowzy or tired from doing it. At 164lbs thats alot of weight to lose each week. 1lb would be better, but i guess its okay.

Be aware that once you start bulking, and want to cut after that you won't get away with doing that. You will have to aim for only 0.5-1lb a week fatloss, because the more fat you lose the more muscle you lose as well. Since you don't have a lot of muscle(not trying to be rude), then its okay, if you are feeling good, if you are getting headaches, feeling tired or weak, up your calorie intake.

sound good.

Thanks man, I appreciate it!! As for right now, I'm currently fine with the weight loss (feeling-wise), and with the lack of muscle, I think that I'll stick with it for now at least until I hit a decent BF%. As for the food. I'll definitely change to more clean sources. I think it's been a little difficult since I've been with the family, and try to eat the same thing they do for dinner, so the sources of calories are sometimes less than optimal. I was trying to follow an IIFYM style, but it seems that it still may not be the best way. It'll be interesting to see what happens when I get back to school, cause I'm on a limited amount of food, and being poor don't have too much money to buy more. So eating clean looks like it'll be even harder hahaha. Once I start having a little more muscle on my frame, it's definitely gonna be much more of a big deal than now, so it's better to start getting into the habit now. I'll also start trying to add more fruits and veggies to my diet.

Thanks man for your help. Keep watching, as I'm gonna try to implement some changes into the program. We'll see where we're at in a couple months.

I'm kinda starting to get nervous about heading back to school though. Living in a fraternity, which I do, there's a ton of drinking and bad eating going on. Now, I've done the research about alcohol (read the leangains article that every one always tells you to read, no carbs, all protein and fats for the day) and know that going into the school year I'm gonna be eating a lot better. But definitely feel like there's gonna be some difficulty training (and at that point getting big) and having fun/partying (and the girls that come with it hahaha...). I'm trying to sorta figure out what my life's gonna look like when school starts up again.

June 23, 2012

June 24, 2012

So today, I started to apply some of Whitekoala's tips to my diet. So, I'm trying to add some sort of fruit/vegetables to each of my 3 main meals. It was interesting because I actually felt more full than I have ever felt during this cut, and I didn't even have nearly as many calories as I should have or normally had, by the end of the night I had to force a protein shake down my throat.

CamLeslie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CamLeslie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CamLeslie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CamLeslie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CamLeslie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CamLeslie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CamLeslie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CamLeslie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CamLeslie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CamLeslie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CamLeslie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Hey man, I saw your comment about man boobs above. I had em when I was your age but as I kept lifting and adding muscle eventually the fat started to disappear and what was left were pecs. Just trying to give you some hope dude. Just keep hitting the bench, dips and pushups and you'll be ok. Man, looking at the before and after pics, you've lost some serious weight. Good job.
    First, Revolution
    Then, Resolution
    Finally, Evolution

Hey man, I saw your comment about man boobs above. I had em when I was your age but as I kept lifting and adding muscle eventually the fat started to disappear and what was left were pecs. Just trying to give you some hope dude. Just keep hitting the bench, dips and pushups and you'll be ok. Man, looking at the before and after pics, you've lost some serious weight. Good job.
    Dude, thanks!!! When I was making the comparison for the AVI, I really got to see for the first time, how much difference the weight loss really made to my overall physique. It was kind of unbelievable. But more importantly it was super motivating. Now I wanna see where I can get my body in another 6 weeks, or 6 months, or even a year now. It makes me real excited man.

The man-boobs are gonna be gone eventually. I think it'll take some time and some big pressing, but they can't plague me forever!!!

Originally Posted by rhythmandracks View Post
    Dude, thanks!!! When I was making the comparison for the AVI, I really got to see for the first time, how much difference the weight loss really made to my overall physique. It was kind of unbelievable. But more importantly it was super motivating. Now I wanna see where I can get my body in another 6 weeks, or 6 months, or even a year now. It makes me real excited man.

The man-boobs are gonna be gone eventually. I think it'll take some time and some big pressing, but they can't plague me forever!!!
    No one gives a **** how big your boobs are if you're pressin' big. Period.
    First, Revolution
    Then, Resolution
    Finally, Evolution

No one gives a **** how big your boobs are if you're pressin' big. Period.
    Yup!!! I'm thinking that once I'm done with this cut in 6 weeks or so, I'm gonna start up on Babylover's Modified SS and see if I can't start working to really get some strength gains going!!

June 25, 2012

Good chill day today, got a lot of protein in today I'll say and my servings of veggies in.

June 26, 2012

I forgot to say on my workout log that when I was doing my flat bench, I don't think that I was going far enough down. I'm reading that you're supposed to barely touch your chest on the negative of the lift. I'm gonna work on improving that.

June 27, 2012

Well... I was about to put in my entries for both yesterday and today. For some reason though both myfitnesspal.com and fitocracy.com (which is what I use to track my diet and workouts) are both down at this time, so I'm gonna have to put those on hold for a little while (should have 'em up for tomorrow). I can give you a quick update on how my past couple of days went tho.

So on Thursday, I woke up pretty early (had a 945 shift a work) and because of some minor setbacks had to have a majorly short workout at the gym. Was sorta pissed, but what can you do right? I had a fraternity function/party that night, and I knew there would be alcohol involved. In order to prepare myself, I made sure I stayed away from any starchy carbs and got my protein requirement in. At the party I had a real good time, drank, and made sure to eat NO FOOD (pat myself on the back)

On Friday, the person who was supposed to give me a ride back woke up and left way later than I thought they were going to. Because of that I had to run straight to work running on almost no sleep and a protein shake.... I actually didn't really get all that hungry. Due to the drinking I definitely look super bloated and fat today, but I've drank before on my cut (while paying much less attention to my food) and still have lost weight, so this has to be water retention or something IMO and should sort itself out. It was super easy to get back on my diet today, despite what I would call a cheat yesterday (pat myself on the back again).

Right now, I'm not feeling well and my left eye is itching like crazy. I think I'm starting to come down with something. Hopefully soon, the sites will be back online and I can put the full entries for today and yesterday on real soon.