Closed Thread
Page 187 of 328 FirstFirst ... 87 137 177 185 186 187 188 189 197 237 287 ... LastLast
Results 5,581 to 5,610 of 9824
    NC_Tarheel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NC_Tarheel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NC_Tarheel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NC_Tarheel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NC_Tarheel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NC_Tarheel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NC_Tarheel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NC_Tarheel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NC_Tarheel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NC_Tarheel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NC_Tarheel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Black_Spit View Post
    So wait...

You squat 85 lb for 5 reps?

#gamechanger

Edit: wait are you female?

ha ha ha ha ha ha

Just spit on my computer screen
    Better Body Sports
    thad@betterbodysports.com

Check out BBS on ******** for daily giveaways!

http://www.********.com/pages/Better-Body-Sports/148301508542835

**My training log with Team Ogre **
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=158235303&page=53

FrmrHoss is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FrmrHoss is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FrmrHoss is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FrmrHoss is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FrmrHoss is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FrmrHoss is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FrmrHoss is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FrmrHoss is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FrmrHoss is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FrmrHoss is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FrmrHoss is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by ngtvenfnty View Post
    You all gang up on me for a comment and I am the antagonist? I'm caught in the middle of a pack of viscous wolves here: name calling, trash talking, character assumptions...the list goes on. I get it, I stumbled into the den of elite supermen with no tolerance of having inferiors in their midst. I will not bother with you all again. I have made my point, and it was valid.
    I was going to say that Thad would be the first to tell you that he does not actually squat a lot of weight .

You're ignoring a lot of valid points being made on the flip side of the debate, so don't come in here and pretend like you were trying to engage everyone on some kind of substantive level. The problem with criticizing as a "noob" is not the fact your squat max is 85 lbs (though that is not helping your cause); it's that you don't have enough experience under the bar to talk about good form. You only know it from a textbook or maybe something you saw online. Most examples will always assume someone of "X" proportions. Everyone is unique and has their own leverages to deal with based on the lengths of all the applicable lever arms in the movement.

He knows his form isn't perfect. He's working on it and posts videos of his lifts on the reg for that very reason (regardless of how much we make fun of him; just kidding, SQUAT LEAN BROS FOR LIFE!). Maybe you should start doing the same.
    New log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=144101461
    Best meet lifts: 424/303/551 (93kg)
    Best gym lifts: 420/290/565

bigwade800 is a name known to all. (+5000) bigwade800 is a name known to all. (+5000) bigwade800 is a name known to all. (+5000) bigwade800 is a name known to all. (+5000) bigwade800 is a name known to all. (+5000) bigwade800 is a name known to all. (+5000) bigwade800 is a name known to all. (+5000) bigwade800 is a name known to all. (+5000) bigwade800 is a name known to all. (+5000) bigwade800 is a name known to all. (+5000) bigwade800 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    You all gang up on me for a comment and I am the antagonist? I'm caught in the middle of a pack of viscous wolves here: name calling, trash talking, character assumptions...the list goes on. I get it, I stumbled into the den of elite supermen with no tolerance of having inferiors in their midst. I will not bother with you all again. I have made my point, and it was valid.
    This will be my last post concerning whoever you are. I assure you, I am not ganging up on you. You think for a second that you are not an antagonist then suit yourself. I called your seriousness into question at first. I figured, a troll, someone that knows Thad and is yanking his chain. Your character? I don't know you other than you are some anonymous Internet poster...woohoo! Elite supermen...while I'm not a superman I have totaled elite on a few occasions. Part of your points were valid but, the rest is self validation at best. Post your 85 squat. Let's see this perfect form. I don't even know how to rep and I'll have someone do it for me.

But, alas, you won't. It's easier to cry foul when what you wanted was the attention for whatever reason. It's not your lifts that are small. Everyone has their grand so to speak but, you are small minded. You weren't offering form advice, you were intentionally being negative and tried to incite people to respond and, job completed, you should be proud.

Better to be thought a doofus and remain silent then to post on the Internet and remove all doubt....

Now GFY! There, now you can call me vicious...

bigwade800 is a name known to all. (+5000) bigwade800 is a name known to all. (+5000) bigwade800 is a name known to all. (+5000) bigwade800 is a name known to all. (+5000) bigwade800 is a name known to all. (+5000) bigwade800 is a name known to all. (+5000) bigwade800 is a name known to all. (+5000) bigwade800 is a name known to all. (+5000) bigwade800 is a name known to all. (+5000) bigwade800 is a name known to all. (+5000) bigwade800 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by NC_Tarheel View Post
    ha ha ha ha ha ha

Just spit on my computer screen
    Ahhhh, yes, that was funny

NC_Tarheel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NC_Tarheel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NC_Tarheel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NC_Tarheel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NC_Tarheel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NC_Tarheel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NC_Tarheel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NC_Tarheel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NC_Tarheel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NC_Tarheel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NC_Tarheel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    <----totals 1200

Classified by noob as Elite Superman

My hand is extended........why are none of you kissing my ring?????????
    Better Body Sports

ngtvenfnty will become famous soon enough. (+50) ngtvenfnty will become famous soon enough. (+50) ngtvenfnty will become famous soon enough. (+50) ngtvenfnty will become famous soon enough. (+50) ngtvenfnty will become famous soon enough. (+50) ngtvenfnty will become famous soon enough. (+50) ngtvenfnty will become famous soon enough. (+50) ngtvenfnty will become famous soon enough. (+50) ngtvenfnty will become famous soon enough. (+50) ngtvenfnty will become famous soon enough. (+50) ngtvenfnty will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by FrmrHoss View Post
    I was going to say that Thad would be the first to tell you that he does not actually squat a lot of weight .

You're ignoring a lot of valid points being made on the flip side of the debate, so don't come in here and pretend like you were trying to engage everyone on some kind of substantive level. The problem with criticizing as a "noob" is not the fact your squat max is 85 lbs (though that is not helping your cause); it's that you don't have enough experience under the bar to talk about good form. You only know it from a textbook or maybe something you saw online. Most examples will always assume someone of "X" proportions. Everyone is unique and has their own leverages to deal with based on the lengths of all the applicable lever arms in the movement.

He knows his form isn't perfect. He's working on it and posts videos of his lifts on the reg for that very reason (regardless of how much we make fun of him; just kidding, SQUAT LEAN BROS FOR LIFE!). Maybe you should start doing the same.
    He and I have already discussed that I did not intend to come off sounding like I was some kind of elite pro talking down to him. Just making an observation.

As for my own squat weight. I choose a very light weight on purpose. I can squat quite a bit more for several reps, but I can tell that my back really strains against it, more than I feel comfortable with. I decided with the squat to go way lower to something that was easy and rep the heck out of it, and increase it slowly over time. I might be able to get the 125 for 1 rep with uncertain form, but I don't think I could do 5 at this time. It is the form that I am most concerned with. Someone said that doing them in bad form does not negate the rep...I think it does. I am not doing this for competition or strongman purposes at this time, only to increase my fitness level.

FrmrHoss is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FrmrHoss is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FrmrHoss is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FrmrHoss is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FrmrHoss is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FrmrHoss is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FrmrHoss is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FrmrHoss is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FrmrHoss is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FrmrHoss is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FrmrHoss is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Whats your Wilks brah?

Edited to Add: Thad.
    New log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=144101461
    Best meet lifts: 424/303/551 (93kg)
    Best gym lifts: 420/290/565

LoveMyInk has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LoveMyInk has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LoveMyInk has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LoveMyInk has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LoveMyInk has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LoveMyInk has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LoveMyInk has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LoveMyInk has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LoveMyInk has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LoveMyInk has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LoveMyInk has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Miss so much while working and sleeping.

I did like that the funny one mentioned you being an emperor and not wearing clothes, can we make that happen?

Why the assumption it's a female? If that is the case I'm embarrassed for all womankind

LoveMyInk has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LoveMyInk has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LoveMyInk has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LoveMyInk has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LoveMyInk has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LoveMyInk has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LoveMyInk has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LoveMyInk has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LoveMyInk has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LoveMyInk has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LoveMyInk has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by B1GinNY82307 View Post
    damn...reps can't neg....I iz sad...
    Don't be sad

We got it covered

He and I have already discussed that I did not intend to come off sounding like I was some kind of elite pro talking down to him. Just making an observation.

As for my own squat weight. I choose a very light weight on purpose. I can squat quite a bit more for several reps, but I can tell that my back really strains against it, more than I feel comfortable with. I decided with the squat to go way lower to something that was easy and rep the heck out of it, and increase it slowly over time. I might be able to get the 125 for 1 rep with uncertain form, but I don't think I could do 5 at this time. It is the form that I am most concerned with. Someone said that doing them in bad form does not negate the rep...I think it does. I am not doing this for competition or strongman purposes at this time, only to increase my fitness level.

Then let's get crazy.

Post a vid of you squatting 115 for one solid rep with perfect form and you will magically be turned back to green.
    Better Body Sports

Originally Posted by FrmrHoss View Post
    Whats your Wilks brah?

Edited to Add: Thad.

Your Wilks victory over me is nothing compared to my Superhuman 1200 total!!!!!!

ROAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRR

:P
    Better Body Sports

ngtvenfnty will become famous soon enough. (+50) ngtvenfnty will become famous soon enough. (+50) ngtvenfnty will become famous soon enough. (+50) ngtvenfnty will become famous soon enough. (+50) ngtvenfnty will become famous soon enough. (+50) ngtvenfnty will become famous soon enough. (+50) ngtvenfnty will become famous soon enough. (+50) ngtvenfnty will become famous soon enough. (+50) ngtvenfnty will become famous soon enough. (+50) ngtvenfnty will become famous soon enough. (+50) ngtvenfnty will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Then let's get crazy.

Post a vid of you squatting 115 for one solid rep with perfect form and you will magically be turned back to green.
    Thad, I have no problem recognizing and admitting my limitations, both absolute and self imposed, and that frees me from the need to prove anything to anyone. Keep your green.

Thad, I have no problem recognizing and admitting my limitations, both absolute and self imposed, and that frees me from the need to prove anything to anyone. Keep your green.

See...that's the difference between me and you....you have set limitations upon yourself. I don't.

Since you don't know me, you don't know that I had major back surgery and never knew if I'd be able to walk without pain for the rest of my life....you also don't know that I had major foot reconstructive surgery as well and was on crutches for 3 months

No excuses.
    I don't use drugs.
    I'm a competitor.
    I will get stronger.
    I will squat 500 pounds.
    I will deadlift 600 pounds.

You will remain in the shadows squatting baby weight and worried about getting hurt.
    Better Body Sports

See...that's the difference between me and you....you have set limitations upon yourself. I don't.

Since you don't know me, you don't know that I had major back surgery and never knew if I'd be able to walk without pain for the rest of my life....you also don't know that I had major foot reconstructive surgery as well and was on crutches for 3 months

No excuses.
    I don't use drugs.
    I'm a competitor.
    I will get stronger.
    I will squat 500 pounds.
    I will deadlift 600 pounds.

You will remain in the shadows squatting baby weight and worried about getting hurt.
    Yes, self imposed limitations. It is called discipline. Like playing music to a metronome. It it to regulate your motion toward a goal in a controlled way. It is the only path to mastery.

I am impressed that you have overcome such challenges. Even without knowing, I have never said anything less of your abilities.

Yes, self imposed limitations. It is called discipline. Like playing music to a metronome. It it to regulate your motion toward a goal in a controlled way. It is the only path to mastery.
    It's the path to mediocrity in my opinion.
    Better Body Sports

It's the path to mediocrity in my opinion.
    Tell that to every master of their art or sport ever.

If I may ask, what screwed up your back and foot?

Tell that to every master or their art or sport ever.

If I may ask, what screwed up your back and foot?
    Basketball injuries

One in college...one overseas
    Better Body Sports

Black_Spit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Spit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Spit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Spit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Spit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Spit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Spit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Spit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Spit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Spit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Spit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    So lifting less weight than an 8th grade football player in his first trip to the gym is synonomous with playing music?

Man are you delusional.

Originally Posted by Black_Spit View Post
    So lifting less weight than an 8th grade football player in his first trip to the gym is synonomous with playing music?

Man are you delusional.

At least if he would get on something like Starting Strength he could squat more than 125.
    Better Body Sports

mmorton is a name known to all. (+5000) mmorton is a name known to all. (+5000) mmorton is a name known to all. (+5000) mmorton is a name known to all. (+5000) mmorton is a name known to all. (+5000) mmorton is a name known to all. (+5000) mmorton is a name known to all. (+5000) mmorton is a name known to all. (+5000) mmorton is a name known to all. (+5000) mmorton is a name known to all. (+5000) mmorton is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Epic troll posting is epic
    {{**DIRTY SOUTH CREW**}}

Strength Journal:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=141019611&p=806856321#post806856321

Drive/Uncut Review:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=158011943

thom2355 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thom2355 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thom2355 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thom2355 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thom2355 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thom2355 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thom2355 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thom2355 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thom2355 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thom2355 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thom2355 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Tell that to every master of their art or sport ever.
    Did Barry Sanders start by only breaking one tackle, then taking a knee after 5 yards so he didn't pull a hammy? Hell no he didn't! He went straight for the end zone baby!
    Strongman Training Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=138026593

Originally Posted by mmorton View Post
    Epic troll posting is epic

I checked his posts man....I honestly don't think we're being trolled here.
    Better Body Sports

Either way....time to move on....whoever it is, is going to add nothing constructive.

You lean, your form is not good but, you can squat over 400...you have a coach that is helping you and in 6-7 weeks, your form has improved and, will continue to do so.

Ok, next...

thom2355 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thom2355 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thom2355 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thom2355 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thom2355 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thom2355 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thom2355 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thom2355 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thom2355 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thom2355 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thom2355 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by bigwade800 View Post
    Ok, next...
    Thad, I feel as though you should use the excess in money that is sure to come after X-mas to buy a cow and push up to 290
    Strongman Training Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=138026593

I checked his posts man....I honestly don't think we're being trolled here.
    Nope, I'm genuinely curious, annoyingly rational, at times overly wordy and cynical. Very methodical in my approach to many things, and slow to move from the realm of thought to action.

I would have never said another word here if people had not reacted so negatively and personally. I think thom accused me of trying to illicit this reaction. I have reactions like anyone, I think it is silly to think that I should be expected to not respond in turn to the attempts to denigrate me here.

mmorton is a name known to all. (+5000) mmorton is a name known to all. (+5000) mmorton is a name known to all. (+5000) mmorton is a name known to all. (+5000) mmorton is a name known to all. (+5000) mmorton is a name known to all. (+5000) mmorton is a name known to all. (+5000) mmorton is a name known to all. (+5000) mmorton is a name known to all. (+5000) mmorton is a name known to all. (+5000) mmorton is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Either way....time to move on....whoever it is, is going to add nothing constructive.

You lean, your form is not good but, you can squat over 400...you have a coach that is helping you and in 6-7 weeks, your form has improved and, will continue to do so.

Ok, next...
    Listen wade we're worried about your safety. Your knees are gonna shatter in that pic. Drop the weight this instant.

Even though Thad is getting ass raped without the courtesy of a reach around, I find it necessary to point out once again that duke beat Kentucky and Carolina lost to butler.
    {{**DIRTY SOUTH CREW**}}

Strength Journal:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=141019611&p=806856321#post806856321

Drive/Uncut Review:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=158011943

That may very well be true...

Aye Gah, now he's never going to go away....

I'm the true cynic here.

Load up Thad...275 then 300....squat 500+, pull more than Jerm, bench treefiddysumpin

even though thad is getting ass raped without the courtesy of a reach around, i find it necessary to point out once again that duke beat kentucky and carolina lost to two time national semi-finalist butler.
    ftfy

Intense as fuk bro austin.j.taylor's Avatar
    austin.j.taylor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) austin.j.taylor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) austin.j.taylor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) austin.j.taylor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) austin.j.taylor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) austin.j.taylor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) austin.j.taylor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) austin.j.taylor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) austin.j.taylor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) austin.j.taylor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) austin.j.taylor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    stop in thread

lol a lot

still dont think troll

lol some more

make senseless post

happy turkey day

peace out.
    ★cVc★

My Log: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=174578931

Originally Posted by thom2355 View Post
    Thad, I feel as though you should use the excess in money that is sure to come after X-mas to buy a cow and push up to 290
    Or shortchange my kids a few presents and get 2 cows.....

I actually have looked into this and already have a local butcher lined up...all I gotta do is give him the cash and I'll be able to stock that freezer next to my squat rack

Even though Thad is getting ass raped without the courtesy of a reach around, I find it necessary to point out once again that duke beat Kentucky and Carolina lost to butler.
    I'd rather get my form reemed some more than have you post that nonsense again!!!

Load up Thad...275 then 300....squat 500+, pull more than Jerm, bench treefiddysumpin
    The coach has said it

so it must be done!!!!
    Better Body Sports

Closed Thread
Page 187 of 328 FirstFirst ... 87 137 177 185 186 187 188 189 197 237 287 ... LastLast