Page 175 of 235 FirstFirst ... 75 125 165 173 174 175 176 177 185 225 ... LastLast
Results 5,221 to 5,250 of 7037
    mkfan1990 is just really nice. (+1000) mkfan1990 is just really nice. (+1000) mkfan1990 is just really nice. (+1000) mkfan1990 is just really nice. (+1000) mkfan1990 is just really nice. (+1000) mkfan1990 is just really nice. (+1000) mkfan1990 is just really nice. (+1000) mkfan1990 is just really nice. (+1000) mkfan1990 is just really nice. (+1000) mkfan1990 is just really nice. (+1000) mkfan1990 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Been doing great so far since today is my first day of the program. just got done eating my 2nd meal (lean steak & brown rice), gotta admit, I feel stuffed haha lol. Did 20 minutes of cardio a lil while after I got done eating meal 1 (egg whites, oatmeal). After my cardio, I took 1 Super HD.
    So far, so good, going to go to the gym for day 1 at around 6PM tonight. Im going to start a 12 week log on the supplement log page today as well, gonna be using Neovar, Super HD, NO3 Black Chrome, C4 Extreme. You all are welcome to follow along for the Journey I love that we are all doing this program together, giving each other tips, motivating each other, its really amazing!

romiro2010 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Smile

Originally Posted by 51747 View Post
    You're supposed to do cardio twice a day. The idea is to keep your metabolism revved up. So the ideal scenario would be it you can do your first cardio before your workout in the morning. If that's not possible, then afterwards during the day and the second session in the evening. Kris himself has combined both cardio sessions into one at times, but that's very rare.

Remember, that in order to ensure that you don't lose any muscle, you shouldn't be doing your cardio or training before you eat in the morning.

Thanks alot bro

romiro2010 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Smile

Originally Posted by DHAH View Post
    cardio after workout...then 2nd one in the evening
    OK, so it will be after workout morning,,,the second cardio will be in the evening

Thanks alot ))

DHAH has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by leeds2592 View Post
    Another couple of questions from me, these will be the last before I get cracking .

How much Protein do I need to be having a day? I'm currently 148lbs if that helps.
    Also, the measurements that Kris recommends. I know he states the size of your fist or 'a cup full' but how much does this relate to in grams as I'd like to weigh my stuff out so I definitely know that I'm being consistant.

Thanks in advance, again.
    222g of protein (148 X 1.5) .......get a fist size rice and weight it

Originally Posted by Elkoikoi View Post
    Hey guys my gym doesn't have a lying hamstring curl machine or a hack squat machine, any ideas on what I could do in place of them? I don't have a spotter either, so I can't do the dumbbells between my feet...
    standing or seated leg curl...barbell squat or like kris said, feet at the bottom on the leg press machine

51747 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 51747 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 51747 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 51747 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 51747 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 51747 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by leeds2592 View Post
    Another couple of questions from me, these will be the last before I get cracking .

How much Protein do I need to be having a day? I'm currently 148lbs if that helps.
    Also, the measurements that Kris recommends. I know he states the size of your fist or 'a cup full' but how much does this relate to in grams as I'd like to weigh my stuff out so I definitely know that I'm being consistant.

Thanks in advance, again.
    I've stopped counting the daily total protein requirements ever since I got onto this program. Kris, in his later videos, says it should be 1.5 times your body weight in pounds.

In terms of per meal, Kris says that a fistful comes to around 200g. But I highly doubt that unless he has giant hands. I go for between 160-170g per meal. Another observation during my past 7 weeks on this program is that fish is generally lighter so a fistful of chicken weighs more than fish. Try going to fish closer to 200g.

Similarly, brown rice, oats and sweet potatoes do not weigh the same so a cup's weight would be different for each. I just use a measuring cup. Granted it's easier to measure rice (cooked) and oats (uncooked) than sweet potatoes (which I haven't had as yet). You can figure out the weight yourself by pouring in a cup of oats and measuring it on a scale. But would recommend the cup measure because Kris reduces these quantities later on.

Elkoikoi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    standing or seated leg curl...barbell squat or like kris said, feet at the bottom on the leg press machine
    Cheers legend. Appreciate it.
    "It's better to die on your feet then live on your knees"

omar9114 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hey all! so I started this program back in late may and went through for 3 weeks and dropped from 180 to 172. I then ended up dropping the diet to try out a week long detox diet suggested by a friend and that took me down to 169. It took me a while to realize I lost all my muscle that I gained in the first 3 weeks (which was surprisingly quite a bit, but I do have very skinny arms). I spent one week simply watching what I ate and the next week I spent eating healthy and running every day. This last week however I completely fell off the wagon and went down to LA to stay with a friend for a week. Now I'm back up to 172 (maybe it's scale deception considering I just got back from a 6 hour drive and ate junk food). Now I want to get serious and give this plan another go. Should I pick up where I left off at the end of week 3 or should I start from scratch? the only problem is my school starts in 7 weeks and I want to give this program a round two at the start of the semester.

TL;DR version:
    -Want to do 12 week program twice, don't mind doing a portion of it the first time.
    -School starts in 7 weeks
    -Completed first 3 weeks 180-172, 1 week detox 169, and 3 week hiatus of mixed working out and not 169-172

Should I:
    -Pick up from week 3
    -Start over from scratch
    -Find a different plan until school starts

I know this is awfully specific and I definitely should have stuck with the plan from the beginning.
    If you can help me though, thank you!

CubanLinx211 will become famous soon enough. (+50) CubanLinx211 will become famous soon enough. (+50) CubanLinx211 will become famous soon enough. (+50) CubanLinx211 will become famous soon enough. (+50) CubanLinx211 will become famous soon enough. (+50) CubanLinx211 will become famous soon enough. (+50) CubanLinx211 will become famous soon enough. (+50) CubanLinx211 will become famous soon enough. (+50) CubanLinx211 will become famous soon enough. (+50) CubanLinx211 will become famous soon enough. (+50) CubanLinx211 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Are all the supplements like fat burners, etc really necessary in this program? I've always been weary about taking drugs and too many things in pill form so I'm just curious if these are absolutely required in achieving the results from this program.

Thanks

51747 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 51747 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 51747 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 51747 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 51747 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 51747 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by CubanLinx211 View Post
    Are all the supplements like fat burners, etc really necessary in this program? I've always been weary about taking drugs and too many things in pill form so I'm just curious if these are absolutely required in achieving the results from this program.

Thanks
    Not necessary. They just help with your progress. You can achieve good results without them.

lukevoigt910 is on a distinguished road. (+10) lukevoigt910 is on a distinguished road. (+10) lukevoigt910 is on a distinguished road. (+10) lukevoigt910 is on a distinguished road. (+10) lukevoigt910 is on a distinguished road. (+10) lukevoigt910 is on a distinguished road. (+10) lukevoigt910 is on a distinguished road. (+10) lukevoigt910 is on a distinguished road. (+10) lukevoigt910 is on a distinguished road. (+10) lukevoigt910 is on a distinguished road. (+10) lukevoigt910 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I've been using this program on and off for the past 11 months. great results so far... Check out my body space to see before and after.

NinjaB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NinjaB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    All of you who posted results are very inspiring. I think I will be trying this after I complete the workout I'm on. Rock on!!

NYforlife25 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    hey guys quick question...i started this program 2 weeks ago and have done all the workouts/cardio and have been following the diet but I've gained 2 pounds since...is this anything to be worried about? or is it just the muscle replacing the fat?

Originally Posted by NYforlife25 View Post
    hey guys quick question...i started this program 2 weeks ago and have done all the workouts/cardio and have been following the diet but I've gained 2 pounds since...is this anything to be worried about? or is it just the muscle replacing the fat?
    how much do you weight, and whats your diet like?

Originally Posted by CubanLinx211 View Post

Thanks

no, just help you to recover faster

Originally Posted by Elkoikoi View Post
    Cheers legend. Appreciate it.
    you can find alternatives in the exercise database on bb.com

Eamonj has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Eamonj has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Eamonj has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Eamonj has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Eamonj has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Eamonj has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Eamonj has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Eamonj has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Eamonj has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Eamonj has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Eamonj has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    How exactly do you do the super sets I wasn't 100% sure on them is it like this cause this is what I was doing

Say its leg extension 3 sets of 30 and leg curl 3 sets of 20 I would do

1 set of leg extensions then imediatly with no rest move to
    1 set of leg curl the then imediatly with no rest move to
    1 set of leg curl then imediatly with no rest move to
    1 set of leg extension then imediatly with no rest move to
    1 set of leg curls

Or am I suppose to do my sets of leg extension then imediatly with no rest move to my sets of leg curls

Or am I suposse to so my sets of leg extensions with only a few seconds rest bwtween sets then imediatly with no rest move to my sets of leg curl and only give my self a few seconds rest between sets

Eamonj has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Eamonj has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Eamonj has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Eamonj has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Eamonj has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Eamonj has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Eamonj has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Eamonj has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Eamonj has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Eamonj has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Eamonj has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    I'd say the best answer is simply look in the mirror are you looking more muscular and lean with less fat or are you looking like your gaining fat I'm just starting week 3 today and I've gained 3 pounds but it's muscle replacing fat I can tell this because I look in the mirror and can already see some pretty good changes I'm already seeing the fat going away and me getting leaner and seeing my muscles getting bigger and my abs are showing a lot better I've had a six pack but it's been covered by fat and now it's really starting to show and the eight coming in now too

Originally Posted by Eamonj View Post
    How exactly do you do the super sets I wasn't 100% sure on them is it like this cause this is what I was doing

Say its leg extension 3 sets of 30 and leg curl 3 sets of 20 I would do

1 set of leg curl the then imediatly with no rest move to
    1 set of leg curl then imediatly with no rest move to
    1 set of leg extension then imediatly with no rest move to
    1 set of leg curls

Or am I suppose to do my sets of leg extension then imediatly with no rest move to my sets of leg curls

Or am I suposse to so my sets of leg extensions with only a few seconds rest bwtween sets then imediatly with no rest move to my sets of leg curl and only give my self a few seconds rest between sets
    1 set of 30 leg extension no rest, 1 set of 20 reps leg curl

Then rest, repeat

how much do you weight, and whats your diet like?

weigh 193... usually have oatmeal for breakfast, protein shake for lunch, chicken/fish and a vegetable and then a protein shake a little bit after dinner. I do switch up my lunches and dinners but i dont have any fried foods or carbs

I'd say the best answer is simply look in the mirror are you looking more muscular and lean with less fat or are you looking like your gaining fat I'm just starting week 3 today and I've gained 3 pounds but it's muscle replacing fat I can tell this because I look in the mirror and can already see some pretty good changes I'm already seeing the fat going away and me getting leaner and seeing my muscles getting bigger and my abs are showing a lot better I've had a six pack but it's been covered by fat and now it's really starting to show and the eight coming in now too
    i can definitely see some changes, i think im just gonna up the cardio a little bit because i would like to lose 10 pounds in the next couple of months...but thank you for the advice!

What would you say the right amount of carbs, fat, protien, and calories I should be consuming everyday while doing this program would be I'm 17 5' 7" weigh 138lbs and am about 10-12% body fat I'm trying to cut my body fat percent down and gain muscle as long as the body fat percent goes down I'm fine with gaining weight I just did day 1 of week 3 today and have gained about 3 pounds so far but I am loosing body fat I'm seeing myself getting more cut

1 set of 30 leg extension no rest, 1 set of 20 reps leg curl

Then rest, repeat
    Thanks sounds like I was doing way to big of a super set

fotodude has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    What % body fat did Kris finish at with the routine?

weigh 193... usually have oatmeal for breakfast, protein shake for lunch, chicken/fish and a vegetable and then a protein shake a little bit after dinner. I do switch up my lunches and dinners but i dont have any fried foods or carbs

Only 4 meals?? Your diet is all wrong

Originally Posted by fotodude View Post
    What % body fat did Kris finish at with the routine?

He doesnt know, he never measure body fat

Thanks sounds like I was doing way to big of a super set
    Yep, wonder how you did it! If you are not sure about something, better ask us here or you can check on the bb.com

nknoerrn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Drop sets

Still a bit confused almost 5 weeks in...for the drop set I've been puttin the weight at a range to hit the number of reps suggested to failure, hitting failure, then reducing weight and doing it again to failure.
    Ex: leg extension
    1 drop set 12,12
    1 set at 165 for 12 reps (failure)
    No rest, 1 set at 120 for 12 reps (failure)
    Totaling 24 reps.

Or am I suppose to have the weight real heavy where I fail before the rep range is hit and then drop the weight just to complete the reps?
    Like,
    1 set at 180 to failure of 8 reps
    No rest, 1 set at 140 to failure of 4 reps
    Totaling 12 reps.

I've been doing them the first way but dunno if that's right. Anyone know for sure? Thanks!

SnatchGrabber is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SnatchGrabber is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SnatchGrabber is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SnatchGrabber is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SnatchGrabber is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SnatchGrabber is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SnatchGrabber is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SnatchGrabber is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SnatchGrabber is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SnatchGrabber is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SnatchGrabber is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Can you all tell me which lifting straps Kris uses?

Auburn RSX-S has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Auburn RSX-S has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Auburn RSX-S has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Auburn RSX-S has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Auburn RSX-S has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Auburn RSX-S has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Auburn RSX-S has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Auburn RSX-S has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Auburn RSX-S has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Auburn RSX-S has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Auburn RSX-S has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by SnatchGrabber View Post
    Can you all tell me which lifting straps Kris uses?
    I use these. I've been using them for over a year now and they're still holding together well.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/sc...ingstraps.html

I say get some that are padded because when you're doing really heavy barbell shrugs in particular, the non padded straps can/will burst blood vessels in your wrists causing it to be really red or sort of bruised looking. The padded straps don't do this.

Page 175 of 235 FirstFirst ... 75 125 165 173 174 175 176 177 185 225 ... LastLast