Page 168 of 330 FirstFirst ... 68 118 158 166 167 168 169 170 178 218 268 ... LastLast
Results 5,011 to 5,040 of 9897
    gobbles23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gobbles23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gobbles23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gobbles23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gobbles23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gobbles23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gobbles23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gobbles23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gobbles23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gobbles23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gobbles23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by nicholina
    And I can totally relate about being unproductive. I hate it. Its not about physical movement....I was happier sitting in class all day and studying in my free time. Now I am job hunting and EVERY DAY is a day off for me. I need something to focus on to keep my mind busy I think. Although, when I was busy with school, I loved days off where I could shop, nap, or go out... do fun things.
    You're in the exact same position I am right now! My boyfriend and I just graduated from college before christmas, and we've been searching for jobs ever since and it's driving us both insane. School was easier. Days off were like "yay, a break!" Now every day is off but you feel like you should be doing something important and can't enjoy it nearly as much. Thank goodness for weights! That makes me feel like I'm at least accomplishing something

Originally Posted by ms_mac View Post
    Whipped cream vodka....chocolate cake.....pizza......cutting SUCKS
    Originally Posted by stephanielynn76 View Post
    I concur
    Team Cookies Give You Superpowers

Current Journal: Adventure Time with Turkey
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=170094463&p=1489770341#post1489770341

My Super Awesome SNS log- Lori Battles the Holiday Pudge (Finished):
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=140145363&page=2

"She's not overtraining- she just trains stupid" -Kimm4

nicholina is just really nice. (+1000) nicholina is just really nice. (+1000) nicholina is just really nice. (+1000) nicholina is just really nice. (+1000) nicholina is just really nice. (+1000) nicholina is just really nice. (+1000) nicholina is just really nice. (+1000) nicholina is just really nice. (+1000) nicholina is just really nice. (+1000) nicholina is just really nice. (+1000) nicholina is just really nice. (+1000)
    We need to clear up this misconception about the whipped cream vodka...its definitely cut friendly!!! (as long as you want to spend a few cals on alcohol). Its just like plain vodka...no sugar, no carbs, 70 calories per ounce (all from alcohol). Mix with diet soda or soda water. About 100-120 calories per drink depending how much the bartender likes you

Originally Posted by andrerox80 View Post
    ugh, i was unemployed for a while. i actually got really used to and comfortable w/ (in a bad way) doing nothing, to the extent that b/w that and feeling defeated abt not finding a job, i sort of gave up. but you have this great attitude and are being social and filling your time. i really admire that. i think having too much downtime can be bad for anyone. too much thinking. how is the job hunting going?
    The job hunt isn't going that great...I get a lot of interviews but no offers. But yes, I fill my time well. I figure I might as well fill my social calendar and work on myself in the gym and on bulking while I have the time.

good job! how'd it taste? will there be another date?
    Tasted good. I prefer salads without dressing or with olive oil...but thought it would be more normal just to use a little of the dressing. Maybe another date? Im not sure, we'll see.
    Originally Posted by gobbles23 View Post
    You're in the exact same position I am right now! My boyfriend and I just graduated from college before christmas, and we've been searching for jobs ever since and it's driving us both insane. School was easier. Days off were like "yay, a break!" Now every day is off but you feel like you should be doing something important and can't enjoy it nearly as much. Thank goodness for weights! That makes me feel like I'm at least accomplishing something
    Ugh, glad Im not alone! School was wary easier. Weights definitely make me feel like I'm accomplishing something
    Good luck with the job hunt!

gobbles23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gobbles23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gobbles23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gobbles23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gobbles23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gobbles23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gobbles23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gobbles23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gobbles23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gobbles23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gobbles23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by nicholina View Post
    Ugh, glad Im not alone! School was wary easier. Weights definitely make me feel like I'm accomplishing something
    Good luck with the job hunt!
    Thank you, you too

https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=170094463&p=1489770341#post1489770341

-H- has a spectacular aura about. (+250) -H- has a spectacular aura about. (+250) -H- has a spectacular aura about. (+250) -H- has a spectacular aura about. (+250) -H- has a spectacular aura about. (+250) -H- has a spectacular aura about. (+250) -H- has a spectacular aura about. (+250) -H- has a spectacular aura about. (+250) -H- has a spectacular aura about. (+250) -H- has a spectacular aura about. (+250) -H- has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by stephanielynn76 View Post
    I concur
    Yeah but you guys are gonna look HOT for summer!!! I will be hiding in capri pants and baggy shirts. LOL!
    "You pass on more to your children and your grandchildren than your eye color, your hair color, your crooked smile. You also pass on your enthusiasm, your spirit, your desire to compete. You provide the living example that they can become more than they ever thought they could. Because you did.”
    -- Nike

*TEAM AMAZON* Sisterhood of Iron

toodlepip is just really nice. (+1000) toodlepip is just really nice. (+1000) toodlepip is just really nice. (+1000) toodlepip is just really nice. (+1000) toodlepip is just really nice. (+1000) toodlepip is just really nice. (+1000) toodlepip is just really nice. (+1000) toodlepip is just really nice. (+1000) toodlepip is just really nice. (+1000) toodlepip is just really nice. (+1000) toodlepip is just really nice. (+1000)
    Hi all...been whacked by a cold and dealing with some other crap and haven't been here all week so I need to catch up!

So my bulk is done. Weighed in at 135 this morning and that's all I can take. That's 10lbs in 3 months. Not insane but not moderate either. I'm feeling VERY big. Both strong and fat at the same time. Got told this week that I look 'big, bulky and wide'. That it is noticeable. And while it wasn't maliciously said and I wanted it to just bounce off me, I think it confirmed that this is my limit for the time being and I am ready to shed some fat. I think a part of me figured nobody would notice I was getting pudgy. I love that all my lifts went up. I love that I can see more muscle. I hate feeling this fat and not fitting into clothes.

Not a slave to the numbers, but as a guideline I'm aiming for something in the region of a 10lb loss. 120 is my happy 'small' weight...but I'm thinking 125 might be fine. Would like to achieve this by end of June...so looking at less than 1lb a week loss. Which seems reasonable and wouldn't require aggressive dieting - which, needless to say, isn't appealing in the slightest.

But I'm still planning on hanging out here. Y'all rock and I think I have a lot to learn before bulking again in the fall.
    Goal: Peace, love & happiness...and arms that go bump in the night.

“It's never been true, not anywhere at any time, that the value of a soul, of a human spirit, is dependent on a number on a scale" G. Roth

agambow is on a distinguished road. (+10) agambow is on a distinguished road. (+10) agambow is on a distinguished road. (+10) agambow is on a distinguished road. (+10) agambow is on a distinguished road. (+10) agambow is on a distinguished road. (+10) agambow is on a distinguished road. (+10) agambow is on a distinguished road. (+10) agambow is on a distinguished road. (+10) agambow is on a distinguished road. (+10) agambow is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by toodlepip View Post
    Hi all...been whacked by a cold and dealing with some other crap and haven't been here all week so I need to catch up!

So my bulk is done. Weighed in at 135 this morning and that's all I can take. That's 10lbs in 3 months. Not insane but not moderate either. I'm feeling VERY big. Both strong and fat at the same time. Got told this week that I look 'big, bulky and wide'. That it is noticeable. And while it wasn't maliciously said and I wanted it to just bounce off me, I think it confirmed that this is my limit for the time being and I am ready to shed some fat. I think a part of me figured nobody would notice I was getting pudgy. I love that all my lifts went up. I love that I can see more muscle. I hate feeling this fat and not fitting into clothes.

Not a slave to the numbers, but as a guideline I'm aiming for something in the region of a 10lb loss. 120 is my happy 'small' weight...but I'm thinking 125 might be fine. Would like to achieve this by end of June...so looking at less than 1lb a week loss. Which seems reasonable and wouldn't require aggressive dieting - which, needless to say, isn't appealing in the slightest.

But I'm still planning on hanging out here. Y'all rock and I think I have a lot to learn before bulking again in the fall.
    Glad you stopped by! I think 10 pounds is sufficient for your first time, that's probably where I'll be when I stop. Losing fat is definitely easier than building muscle. Let us know how it goes!

DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000)

I know I haven't been around here long, but I'd say you did great. And cutting now will give you an idea of what you need to work on for your next bulk. Glad you'll be sticking around here. I love all the experience and advice from people who are going through or have been through this process.

So I was up 1/2 pound from last week. Which means I'm on the right track since I'm not losing as I had been and I know it's best to gain slowly but it's hard for me to know whether it's an actual gain or if it's water, etc. So I think I can and will increase slightly this week and go from there. My lifts have gone up and I feel stronger and I still don't know how I was getting by on 300 calories less a few weeks ago. But I'm looking pretty seriously at a show on October 6 so I need to really maximize the next 3 months and not screw around.
    Danielle xoxo

#TEAM HYPE

lotusdeva is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lotusdeva is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lotusdeva is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lotusdeva is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lotusdeva is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lotusdeva is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lotusdeva is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lotusdeva is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lotusdeva is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lotusdeva is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lotusdeva is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I feel like a total fat ass But. I don't know what it is and I can't describe it, but I really want to see how far I can go. It's like I am fighting myself. On one side I feel big and sometimes not comfortable. I don't fit in any of my summer shorts, for example. On the other side I really want to see - ok, how far can I go? I mean, it is my body and it's not like I am sitting on my behind eating cake all day long and not exercising. I am in the gym 6 days a week, and yes, eating alot, but not cake Why then is it so difficult mentally? I set this goal for myself - bulk until Sept no matter what. I never thought that I would be ok with being 140 (started with 127) and I am fine with it That's my little bulking rent.

Originally Posted by lotusdeva View Post
    I feel like a total fat ass But. I don't know what it is and I can't describe it, but I really want to see how far I can go. It's like I am fighting myself. On one side I feel big and sometimes not comfortable. I don't fit in any of my summer shorts, for example. On the other side I really want to see - ok, how far can I go? I mean, it is my body and it's not like I am sitting on my behind eating cake all day long and not exercising. I am in the gym 6 days a week, and yes, eating alot, but not cake Why then is it so difficult mentally? I set this goal for myself - bulk until Sept no matter what. I never thought that I would be ok with being 140 (started with 127) and I am fine with it That's my little bulking rent.
    I feel fat lately too But for me I know a lot of it is water retention because it's the week before my period, and I was eating cake and drinking alcohol during valentines day, and I had some salty pizza the day before, and I've been poofy ever since. It's another one of those random gains of lots of fluff, not fat, so I'm not concerned, but it can definitely be hard to keep your head in the game sometimes. Especially when everything is tight and you feel like a heifer Haha! It's best to forget about appearence for a while and just go with it It's hard, but worth it in the end. Blah.

lotusdeva is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lotusdeva is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lotusdeva is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lotusdeva is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lotusdeva is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lotusdeva is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lotusdeva is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lotusdeva is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lotusdeva is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lotusdeva is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lotusdeva is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I feel fat lately too But for me I know a lot of it is water retention because it's the week before my period, and I was eating cake and drinking alcohol during valentines day, and I had some salty pizza the day before, and I've been poofy ever since. It's another one of those random gains of lots of fluff, not fat, so I'm not concerned, but it can definitely be hard to keep your head in the game sometimes. Especially when everything is tight and you feel like a heifer Haha! It's best to forget about appearence for a while and just go with it It's hard, but worth it in the end. Blah.
    Exaclty

andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    1. got the coolest 'compliment' ever today. okay, so i'm a gym rat (duh), so on occasion people have asked if i were training for something (not b/c i'm that good at anything or look the part for anything but just b/c i'm there a lot), but today someone asked me if i were training to be a stunt woman! love it. so odd, so random, but probably the coolest thing anyone has ever said to me.

2. i had a great back workout. i dunno who reads my posts, but back is my nemesis. i never have good back workouts. only did when paired w/ bi's b/c bi's were good, cancelling out the bad back. but w/ p, m, b, back is alone, and it's just been sucky sucky sucky. i reworked things this am and i really don't know what made all the difference, but i was actually engaging the muscles and the whole thing felt right. it was even shorter than normal and part of me wanted to add, but i refrained. more is not better (*will keep repeating that till i can easily live it*). so yay there.

3. tmw i'm not going to work and am going to a fitness workshop. have anxiety for a few reasons but will spare you the details and blabbering. will let you know if i learn any gems to share.

4. i might have said this already? a few days ago i heard one trainer ask another how to get "skinny legs" and what to eat pwo. and a trainer was training another trainer (nothing at all wrong w/ that) and i guess they were doing triceps and she had a little pump action going on (i won't believe it till i see it) and she got really upset, saying her triceps were already big. big sigh.

So my bulk is done.
    woo. only the individual can decide when a bulk is over, and it can be for a variety of reasons, physical, time, emotional, etc. you finished your first bulk. you did it. made it thru the mindf*cks and must have learned a lot. reflect when you're ready. in the meantime, enjoy watching your newly formed muscles pop. are you going straight to cutting or gonna hang at maintenance for a bit?

you better! selfishly, i need you here!!

dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000)
    1. got the coolest 'compliment' ever today. okay, so i'm a gym rat (duh), so on occasion people have asked if i were training for something (not b/c i'm that good at anything or look the part for anything but just b/c i'm there a lot), but today someone asked me if i were training to be a stunt woman! love it. so odd, so random, but probably the coolest thing anyone has ever said to me.
    hahahaha That.is.awesome. Were you doing anything unusual, like I dunno, hanging upside down from the pullup bars or something, before you were asked?
    "Eat some oatmeal, do some squats, how hard is that seriously."--Prof Ham
    ..............................................................................
    ...............................................................................
    For the lulz and an occasional intelligent thought, plus pics:

http://musclemilkisnotaeuphemism.blogspot.com/

toodlepip is just really nice. (+1000) toodlepip is just really nice. (+1000) toodlepip is just really nice. (+1000) toodlepip is just really nice. (+1000) toodlepip is just really nice. (+1000) toodlepip is just really nice. (+1000) toodlepip is just really nice. (+1000) toodlepip is just really nice. (+1000) toodlepip is just really nice. (+1000) toodlepip is just really nice. (+1000) toodlepip is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by agambow View Post
    Glad you stopped by! I think 10 pounds is sufficient for your first time, that's probably where I'll be when I stop. Losing fat is definitely easier than building muscle. Let us know how it goes!
    Sufficient is very kind of you...it was too much in my eyes but live and learn right? I feel like I've built a bit, but who knows...maybe I'll be one of those who is shocked by how little muscle they have when they lose the fat. No matter...the fat will come and go, but I'm very pleased with how my lifts have progressed so I'm trusting that there has at least been some minimal muscle gain.

Originally Posted by DaniGrrl View Post
    I know I haven't been around here long, but I'd say you did great. And cutting now will give you an idea of what you need to work on for your next bulk. Glad you'll be sticking around here. I love all the experience and advice from people who are going through or have been through this process.

So I was up 1/2 pound from last week. Which means I'm on the right track since I'm not losing as I had been and I know it's best to gain slowly but it's hard for me to know whether it's an actual gain or if it's water, etc. So I think I can and will increase slightly this week and go from there. My lifts have gone up and I feel stronger and I still don't know how I was getting by on 300 calories less a few weeks ago. But I'm looking pretty seriously at a show on October 6 so I need to really maximize the next 3 months and not screw around.
    I agree, this thread is great for watching people go through their journeys and learning along the way. I don't think I ever would have attempted bulking without it.

Nice job on the 1/2lb gain...so what show are you looking at?

Bulking is such a head-wrecker...a rollercoaster of 'this is awesome, I get to eat, I'm so strong' one day to 'I'm a fat sack of spuds' the next. I can't offer any advice other than to ride it out as long as you can and know that the feeling crap moments do pass...

2. i had a great back workout. i dunno who reads my posts, but back is my nemesis. i never have good back workouts. only did when paired w/ bi's b/c bi's were good, cancelling out the bad back. but w/ p, m, b, back is alone, and it's just been sucky sucky sucky. i reworked things this am and i really don't know what made all the difference, but i was actually engaging the muscles and the whole thing felt right. it was even shorter than normal and part of me wanted to add, but i refrained. more is not better (*will keep repeating that till i can easily live it*). so yay there.

woo. only the individual can decide when a bulk is over, and it can be for a variety of reasons, physical, time, emotional, etc. you finished your first bulk. you did it. made it thru the mindf*cks and must have learned a lot. reflect when you're ready. in the meantime, enjoy watching your newly formed muscles pop. are you going straight to cutting or gonna hang at maintenance for a bit?

you better! selfishly, i need you here!!
    Ah you are awesome...congrats on those two pounds! Was delighted to read that.

And the compliment on being a stunt woman rocks. You must be in a pretty good place right now. Good for you

Think I'm going to cut cals to start, but not aggressively. Don't want to get too nutty right off the bat. Going to cycle cals and keep on with the Leangains IF format which I think will come into its own with cutting.

So I put my end of bulk pics (for some reason fuzzy & poorly lit) up on my profile. They are brutal. It's really hard for me to post fat pics without feeling enormous shame but I'm really bad at taking pics and wanted to have a marker of sorts for future reference. I could have done good lighting and sexy poses but oh well...they are what they are.

“It's never been true, not anywhere at any time, that the value of a soul, of a human spirit, is dependent on a number on a scale" G. Roth

Sufficient is very kind of you...it was too much in my eyes but live and learn right? I feel like I've built a bit, but who knows...maybe I'll be one of those who is shocked by how little muscle they have when they lose the fat. No matter...the fat will come and go, but I'm very pleased with how my lifts have progressed so I'm trusting that there has at least been some minimal muscle gain.

I agree, this thread is great for watching people go through their journeys and learning along the way. I don't think I ever would have attempted bulking without it.

Bulking is such a head-wrecker...a rollercoaster of 'this is awesome, I get to eat, I'm so strong' one day to 'I'm a fat sack of spuds' the next. I can't offer any advice other than to ride it out as long as you can and know that the feeling crap moments do pass...

And the compliment on being a stunt woman rocks. You must be in a pretty good place right now. Good for you

Think I'm going to cut cals to start, but not aggressively. Don't want to get too nutty right off the bat. Going to cycle cals and keep on with the Leangains IF format which I think will come into its own with cutting.

So I put my end of bulk pics (for some reason fuzzy & poorly lit) up on my profile. They are brutal. It's really hard for me to post fat pics without feeling enormous shame but I'm really bad at taking pics and wanted to have a marker of sorts for future reference. I could have done good lighting and sexy poses but oh well...they are what they are.
    You have zero belly! And I don't see anything huge or fat! I know how you feel though, I felt like a giant elephant this morning in the gym as I had flu for a week and couldn't do what I usually lift. I wish there were sections in the gym with no mirrors, so I don't have to see my fat a** every time I lift Anyway, I think you look normal and could bulk for much longer. However, I also think that if I get to that very uncomfortable point, I am stoping my bulk and going straight to cut

Wow, we really are hard on ourselves, aren't we?? Haha! You don't look nearly as bad as you make it sound! I understand 100% where you are coming from, but you still have a really nice shape!!! Most of that waist thickness will probably subside once you drop your calories (it's probably more bloat than anything), but your legs, belly and butt are looking great! I can see a difference in your arms and shoulders as well! I think you'll be more surprised than you think you will be after your cut

DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000)

Ok, I looked at your pics and I think you look great!!!!!! We all know we are our own worst critics and see flaws where no one else sees them, so I totally understand where you're coming from, but for the end of a bulk, you look amazing. Seriously, great job.

The show I'm looking at is a NABBA show and is pretty local, maybe an hour away. There is another show on the same date right in the town I live in BUT I went to that show this past year and there were 4 girls in it total, 3 figure, 1 bikini. Which, yeah, for a first show, that might be a good way to get my feet wet, but at the same time, I guess the competitive part of me doesn't want to go through all that and only compete against two other girls, if that makes any sense. I'm starting to think I must be an idiot, though, because I have to think there are more shows around than what I come up with when I do a Google search. Part of my issue, though, is wanting to stay semi-local for my first show. There's plenty of shows out in western PA, but it seems there aren't many in eastern PA. I mean, I have to think there's stuff close to Philly but I come up with very little which leads me to believe Im not searching in the right places.

I was out to dinner last night with my girlfriend who has competed and she commented that I definitely look bigger, that it looks good but she can see a difference, so that made me happy
    Danielle xoxo

#TEAM HYPE

agambow is on a distinguished road. (+10) agambow is on a distinguished road. (+10) agambow is on a distinguished road. (+10) agambow is on a distinguished road. (+10) agambow is on a distinguished road. (+10) agambow is on a distinguished road. (+10) agambow is on a distinguished road. (+10) agambow is on a distinguished road. (+10) agambow is on a distinguished road. (+10) agambow is on a distinguished road. (+10) agambow is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Toodle-I agree with the other posts, you look great! I don't see any fat gains We are our own worst critics that's for sure!

-H- has a spectacular aura about. (+250) -H- has a spectacular aura about. (+250) -H- has a spectacular aura about. (+250) -H- has a spectacular aura about. (+250) -H- has a spectacular aura about. (+250) -H- has a spectacular aura about. (+250) -H- has a spectacular aura about. (+250) -H- has a spectacular aura about. (+250) -H- has a spectacular aura about. (+250) -H- has a spectacular aura about. (+250) -H- has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    TP- you are doing great. Your @ss looks way better than mine, and i'm just a month in. But my bottom half was overweight and cellulite-y to start, but I have nothing to cut to so have to bulk which is making it worse.

Hubby can tell i've gained weight that is messing with my head. He is SO supportive and complimentary and thinks what i'm doing is awesome, but it is still weird that now he can see the gain.

I started off so skinny fat and high BF on the bottom- but so scrawny on the top and so little muscle anywhere, hoping this will help me...and it is the right thing, as I have hig BF on the bottom.

I think I need to tone down my treats too, kidding myself thinking it won't catch up.

Mindfuk in full force today. But, feeling great in the gym and happy with upper body progress, will keep on going...........
    "You pass on more to your children and your grandchildren than your eye color, your hair color, your crooked smile. You also pass on your enthusiasm, your spirit, your desire to compete. You provide the living example that they can become more than they ever thought they could. Because you did.”
    -- Nike

*TEAM AMAZON* Sisterhood of Iron

andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by dreahere View Post
    hahahaha That.is.awesome. Were you doing anything unusual, like I dunno, hanging upside down from the pullup bars or something, before you were asked?
    it was "unusual," perhaps, but not hardcore or even lifting. i don't know where i got this idea and hadn't seen anyone do it but i do a hand walk w/ push ups thing in an agility ladder.

thanks so much, toodle. see, i need you here. need your support and sometimes a good kick in the butt. anxious to see what this week brings (tues is my weigh-on day) and wanna come up w/ my potential additions/substitutions by tmw night. i know 1 definite, which is 50, but, depending, might want 100 more. maybe not. but need to be prepared.

i am so sorry for not remembering, and i should totally know this, but have you been doing IF thru your bulk or are you just gonna use it to cut? what's your cal cycling gonna look like? i'm gonna have to check out your pics for sure.

I was out to dinner last night with my girlfriend who has competed and she commented that I definitely look bigger, that it looks good but she can see a difference, so that made me happy
    the pros and cons of being short. small changes are noticeable. a few lbs matter. right now i'm w/ you and am very happy abt that.

Laurensmom has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Joining the bulkers!

Hi! I've been following the bulking thread for a few weeks now and feel like it's time to join you lovely ladies! My name is Laina. My goal is to add some muscle by bulking for as long as I can. I figure that 10 lbs. will be my max but I'll just see how it goes.

I am pretty sure my maintenance is about 2000 calories. I'm going to try upping that to 2200 calories the first week to see what happens to my weight. Tracking calories is going to be interesting.

I want to try some creatine. Do any of you take a creatine supplement or other pre-workout? Can you tell me some good brands or formulas to try? I know some preworkouts have creatine in them. The only supplements I am taking currently are whey protein and xtend, besides multis.

stackums will become famous soon enough. (+50) stackums will become famous soon enough. (+50) stackums will become famous soon enough. (+50) stackums will become famous soon enough. (+50) stackums will become famous soon enough. (+50) stackums will become famous soon enough. (+50) stackums will become famous soon enough. (+50) stackums will become famous soon enough. (+50) stackums will become famous soon enough. (+50) stackums will become famous soon enough. (+50) stackums will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Laurensmom View Post
    Hi! I've been following the bulking thread for a few weeks now and feel like it's time to join you lovely ladies! My name is Laina. My goal is to add some muscle by bulking for as long as I can. I figure that 10 lbs. will be my max but I'll just see how it goes.

I am pretty sure my maintenance is about 2000 calories. I'm going to try upping that to 2200 calories the first week to see what happens to my weight. Tracking calories is going to be interesting.

I want to try some creatine. Do any of you take a creatine supplement or other pre-workout? Can you tell me some good brands or formulas to try? I know some preworkouts have creatine in them. The only supplements I am taking currently are whey protein and xtend, besides multis.
    Hi Laina! Welcome to the Iron Maiden, bulking babes thread...lol

Any brand creatine mono is ok. Stay away from pill form, micronized powder form is better. But thats just reg creatine. You may also benefit from BCAAs (branched chain Amino acids) these are dif amino acids that our bodies can not make. Great for adding too and preserving our hard earned muscle.

Good luck on your bulk phase...eat, eat, eat, lots of good food, especially protein and just lift hard. Aim for about 1/2 lb gain per week.
    Stace ;)

Currently: slow bulk for the winter :)

My Program www.growthstimuloustraining.com (w/ Ryan, my awesome online trainer)

MY JOURNAL = http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=133696651&page=3

Welcome, and I'm glad you decided to join us. You'll learn a lot here, and there's great support here. I don't take creatine, will take jack3d a couple times a week but it's not something I take every day. I know some of the other women here do take creatine, so they will be able to help. Happy Bulking!
    Danielle xoxo

#TEAM HYPE

You have zero belly! And I don't see anything huge or fat! I know how you feel though, I felt like a giant elephant this morning in the gym as I had flu for a week and couldn't do what I usually lift. I wish there were sections in the gym with no mirrors, so I don't have to see my fat a** every time I lift Anyway, I think you look normal and could bulk for much longer. However, I also think that if I get to that very uncomfortable point, I am stoping my bulk and going straight to cut
    Thanks. I get how you feel...I just reached that point of enough for now...and was concerned I wouldn't be able to shed the 10 lbs by summer. Which isn't even a crazy thin goal, just a be comfortable in my clothes goal.

Wow, we really are hard on ourselves, aren't we?? Haha! You don't look nearly as bad as you make it sound! I understand 100% where you are coming from, but you still have a really nice shape!!! Most of that waist thickness will probably subside once you drop your calories (it's probably more bloat than anything), but your legs, belly and butt are looking great! I can see a difference in your arms and shoulders as well! I think you'll be more surprised than you think you will be after your cut
    That is crazy kind of you...my arse looks monstrous! Looking forward to the waist thickness going...that has been the most uncomfortable for me. My arms and shoulders are where I really hope to notice a diff...fingers crossed.

Originally Posted by agambow View Post
    Toodle-I agree with the other posts, you look great! I don't see any fat gains We are our own worst critics that's for sure!
    Ok, I looked at your pics and I think you look great!!!!!! We all know we are our own worst critics and see flaws where no one else sees them, so I totally understand where you're coming from, but for the end of a bulk, you look amazing. Seriously, great job.

The show I'm looking at is a NABBA show and is pretty local, maybe an hour away. There is another show on the same date right in the town I live in BUT I went to that show this past year and there were 4 girls in it total, 3 figure, 1 bikini. Which, yeah, for a first show, that might be a good way to get my feet wet, but at the same time, I guess the competitive part of me doesn't want to go through all that and only compete against two other girls, if that makes any sense. I'm starting to think I must be an idiot, though, because I have to think there are more shows around than what I come up with when I do a Google search. Part of my issue, though, is wanting to stay semi-local for my first show. There's plenty of shows out in western PA, but it seems there aren't many in eastern PA. I mean, I have to think there's stuff close to Philly but I come up with very little which leads me to believe Im not searching in the right places.

Thanks. Funny what other people see compared to what we see ourselves.

Cool about the show & the compliment...have you checked on the competition forum here about other shows around you? Must be some way to find out.

Originally Posted by -H- View Post
    TP- you are doing great. Your @ss looks way better than mine, and i'm just a month in. But my bottom half was overweight and cellulite-y to start, but I have nothing to cut to so have to bulk which is making it worse.

Hubby can tell i've gained weight that is messing with my head. He is SO supportive and complimentary and thinks what i'm doing is awesome, but it is still weird that now he can see the gain.

I started off so skinny fat and high BF on the bottom- but so scrawny on the top and so little muscle anywhere, hoping this will help me...and it is the right thing, as I have hig BF on the bottom.

I think I need to tone down my treats too, kidding myself thinking it won't catch up.

Mindfuk in full force today. But, feeling great in the gym and happy with upper body progress, will keep on going...........
    Thanks. My arse has always been cellulite-ridden. I don't ever expect it to go away...I store most of my fat there and in my thighs so I'm realistically only looking to improve appearance over a couple years. I don't think I'll ever have thin, lovely legs but can deal with that if my upper body is rockin'.

Keep going...try not to believe negative thoughts. This will help you change that skinny fat look. If your 'treats' fit in your macros go for them...

thanks so much, toodle. see, i need you here. need your support and sometimes a good kick in the butt. anxious to see what this week brings (tues is my weigh-on day) and wanna come up w/ my potential additions/substitutions by tmw night. i know 1 definite, which is 50, but, depending, might want 100 more. maybe not. but need to be prepared.

i am so sorry for not remembering, and i should totally know this, but have you been doing IF thru your bulk or are you just gonna use it to cut? what's your cal cycling gonna look like? i'm gonna have to check out your pics for sure.
    Looking forward to hearing your results tomorrow...you're ahead of the game knowing additions already.

IF mostly, not 100% of the time, through bulk. I think it's something that really could work well for cutting. Re cal cycling I'm starting with around 1800 on workout days (5x/wk) and 1500 on rest days. Will see how that goes for a start.

Laurensmom: I've been using bog standard creatine mono during my bulk...will continue it for the time being.

Hey people! I thought I'd share this as it's kind of.....funny?? Maybe??? How different weight gain is when you train?? I weighed in at a whopping 126lbs all week. Now, it's TOM week and all that, and I feel surprisingly not fat despite the gain. And doing the math I would have had to eat 411 calories PER DAY over maintenance to actually have made a 6lb gain.

But I did some comparision piccies out of curiousity. Me at 120lbs at the beginning of last month, and me at 126lbs as of today. 6lbs in 51 days. Just to show how NOT scary it is to gain a few scale pounds. Now, please try not to look at my face- these are first thing in the morning after waking without hair brushed or anything. Someday I'm going to take some self-redeeming pretty progress pictures Hahahaha!

120lbs on the left, 126lbs on the right. So 6lbs in 51 days Which is a lot.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by gobbles23; 02-20-2012 at 07:09 AM.

riverofbeauty will become famous soon enough. (+50) riverofbeauty will become famous soon enough. (+50) riverofbeauty will become famous soon enough. (+50) riverofbeauty will become famous soon enough. (+50) riverofbeauty will become famous soon enough. (+50) riverofbeauty will become famous soon enough. (+50) riverofbeauty will become famous soon enough. (+50) riverofbeauty will become famous soon enough. (+50) riverofbeauty will become famous soon enough. (+50) riverofbeauty will become famous soon enough. (+50) riverofbeauty will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Hey people! I thought I'd share this as it's kind of.....funny?? Maybe??? How different weight gain is when you train?? I weighed in at a whopping 126lbs all week. Now, it's TOM week and all that, and I feel surprisingly not fat despite the gain. And doing the math I would have had to eat 411 calories PER DAY over maintenance to actually have made a 6lb gain.

But I did some comparision piccies out of curiousity. Me at 120lbs at the beginning of last month, and me at 126lbs as of today. 6lbs in 51 days. Just to show how NOT scary it is to gain a few scale pounds. Now, please try not to look at my face- these are first thing in the morning after waking without hair brushed or anything. Someday I'm going to take some self-redeeming pretty progress pictures Hahahaha!

Wow you look fantastic! Very inspirational - thanks for posting that.

I'm upping my cals this week slightly, preparing to officially start bulking next week So I don't have to jump all at once to much higher cals. I have moments of, no I won't do it, I'll just continue at maintenance and lift heavy, but I know bulking is what I really need to do.

You look amazing! All women should look at these pictures. You look better in the pics where you've gained the 6 pounds. I think you look smaller even. Thank you for posting - very inspirational!
    Danielle xoxo

#TEAM HYPE

Laurensmom has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Great pics! I agree with Danigirl...you do look leaner with the extra 6 lbs. I am jealous of your quads...make me feel scrawny! Hopefully this bulk with help that.

Question: Do you drop back to maintenance if you can't get in planned workout due to illness or just schedule changes? I'm a mom of 4, so that happens to me from time to time. I'm recovering from the flu right now and haven't been able to hit the weights as hard as usual...thinking I should stick to maintenance until I am back at the same level?
    Last edited by Laurensmom; 02-20-2012 at 01:52 PM.

Registered User BuildingMusclee's Avatar
    BuildingMusclee has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BuildingMusclee has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BuildingMusclee has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BuildingMusclee has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BuildingMusclee has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BuildingMusclee has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BuildingMusclee has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BuildingMusclee has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BuildingMusclee has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BuildingMusclee has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Hey everyone. So here is the progress of my bulk! I gained 18lbs total since August and now I am cutting just a few lbs!

What do you guys think?

WariorGoddess will become famous soon enough. (+50) WariorGoddess will become famous soon enough. (+50) WariorGoddess will become famous soon enough. (+50) WariorGoddess will become famous soon enough. (+50) WariorGoddess will become famous soon enough. (+50) WariorGoddess will become famous soon enough. (+50) WariorGoddess will become famous soon enough. (+50) WariorGoddess will become famous soon enough. (+50) WariorGoddess will become famous soon enough. (+50) WariorGoddess will become famous soon enough. (+50) WariorGoddess will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Welcome Laina! Good luck on your bulk...for me and I think others will agree that 'bulking' can be a difficult concept to get your head around! I still go back and forth in my head about it but the ladies here are great support and inspiration Looking forward to hearing about your process!

Looking amazing girl Took your advice and you were right...cookies do give you superpowers...I am officially on the team! I've been upping my calories and as scary as it is for me it's also exciting as my lifts have already increased after only a month. Keep up the good work, by the looks of things it's paying off.

Page 168 of 330 FirstFirst ... 68 118 158 166 167 168 169 170 178 218 268 ... LastLast