Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast
    stealthmedia will become famous soon enough. (+50) stealthmedia will become famous soon enough. (+50) stealthmedia will become famous soon enough. (+50) stealthmedia will become famous soon enough. (+50) stealthmedia will become famous soon enough. (+50) stealthmedia will become famous soon enough. (+50) stealthmedia will become famous soon enough. (+50) stealthmedia will become famous soon enough. (+50) stealthmedia will become famous soon enough. (+50) stealthmedia will become famous soon enough. (+50) stealthmedia will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by zakatak333 View Post
    118 sets per week. that's alot of volume! are you doing the full workload? i do 90 sets per week but that's including sit ups, lateral leg raises & forearm curls... so really its more like 70 sets per week... and i feel like the 70 sets is alot, but also my program is based on zero deload so i guess it balances out

also bet that hypertrophy work will help with the strength potential

my hamstrings/groins are stronger & bigger than my quads since i've only recently "learned" to squat deep & high bar but have been doing posterior chain movements effectively a couple years... this makes my body "want" to squat low bar, so i'm breaking the grove by forcing myself to squat high bar

PS you should place a link to your log in your signature
    I do MORE volume than the PHAT template actually but I do the 5-day split in 8 day intervals. I also substitute high rep RDL for <5RM deadlifts at the beginning of the lower hypertrophy day half the time or so I would say.

MM both of the gyms I go to have neither bumper plates nor a platform. I know that feel.
    SQ: 225x5 (High-bar ATG)
    DL: 295x5/315x1

"Many basic or compound exercises (e.g. squat, bench press, etc.) have a bell shaped resistance curves or shift the resistance through multiple muscle groups throughout the exercise's range of motion allowing the muscles to momentarily relax between repetitions. This period of momentary relaxation between repetitions allows greater opportunity for momentary blood flow permitting the clearing of acid accumulation."

Squats do a body good! musicianman's Avatar
    musicianman is a name known to all. (+5000) musicianman is a name known to all. (+5000) musicianman is a name known to all. (+5000) musicianman is a name known to all. (+5000) musicianman is a name known to all. (+5000) musicianman is a name known to all. (+5000) musicianman is a name known to all. (+5000) musicianman is a name known to all. (+5000) musicianman is a name known to all. (+5000) musicianman is a name known to all. (+5000) musicianman is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Saturday, December 15 - Squats:

Squat:
    275x3 (all paused)
    315x3
    365x1
    405x0
    315x10
    405 was pretty anticlimactic. 315x10 was definitely easier than the last time I pulled it off.

Training, philosophy, nutrition and biomedical discussion (2.0): http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=146797403

Video log:
    www.YouTube.com/Frootlups

musicianman is a name known to all. (+5000) musicianman is a name known to all. (+5000) musicianman is a name known to all. (+5000) musicianman is a name known to all. (+5000) musicianman is a name known to all. (+5000) musicianman is a name known to all. (+5000) musicianman is a name known to all. (+5000) musicianman is a name known to all. (+5000) musicianman is a name known to all. (+5000) musicianman is a name known to all. (+5000) musicianman is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by stealthmedia View Post
    I don't barbell anything, except for Klokov's, but I have been transitioning my dumbell presses to the form described in this video. Very challenging but I feel that I am performing the exercises in a safer manner. I read through your old log and am in the same spot you were when you started trying to go less deep with your low bar squats.
    Klokovs are awesome, but I may suggest that barbell training may help you at this stage quite significantly.

And what about barbell squats and deadlifts...?

I've given up trying to go less deep. I love deep squats.

I mean, look at this guy.

Originally Posted by Ironlife View Post
    Solid damn singles there, fine work mate. I never want to see you fail a 455 again kinda srs.
    I'll do my best to still be pulling 455 when I'm 90. Thanks Chris.

Originally Posted by zakatak333 View Post
    do you do a squat clean? you can do a non-squat clean so you don't need to drop the bar. if you non-squat clean you can use your hands to gently lower the bar down since it will be less weight

or i suppose you can do a squat clean and end by racking the bar, but you'd better not miss
    I think that the contrast that you're referring to is a dichotomy between squat cleaning and power cleaning - right?

I generally squat clean. I think that it is a more useful exercise, since I love squatting.

MM both of the gyms I go to have neither bumper plates nor a platform. I know that feel.
    Get on that!
    Training, philosophy, nutrition and biomedical discussion (2.0): http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=146797403

Video log:

Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    hit 315x10! Nice job looked so good.

Now we just ask to see a 405 for one fukin rep. How close was the 405
    ~~~~~~~~~~
    ''Bro, get yourself under control lol next thing we know Illy is gonna be 175 lbs, addicted to coke, involved in gang activity, and with a 365 max deadlift... ''-Blizzard589
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~

Not close enough.

Good news is that my mind gave out before my body did.

It was completely ass to grass, though, and I will have it soon.

Video log:

Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by musicianman View Post
    Not close enough.

Good news is that my mind gave out before my body did.

It was completely ass to grass, though, and I will have it soon.
    Good stuff, your getting strong.

I hit a nice 475x5 deadlift would have hit 7 if i used straps
    ~~~~~~~~~~
    ''Bro, get yourself under control lol next thing we know Illy is gonna be 175 lbs, addicted to coke, involved in gang activity, and with a 365 max deadlift... ''-Blizzard589
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~

Excellent news. Keep it up.

Video log:

Andre im really struggling to come to terms that a woman im in love with doesnt love me back, i was so sure she did at one point but she says she never felt anything.,.kinda upset by this and dont fully believe her. How does one simply move on without the animosity or negative feelings i have now towards her.? srs
    ~~~~~~~~~~
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~

Well, that's certainly the age-old question.

The quite unfortunate thing about human consciousness is that obsession is so easy to mistake for love.

And sometimes, the love does last... Sometimes it is real. Sometimes you still feel a chunk of your heart missing months or years down the line. Sometimes it doesn't feel replaceable.

I suppose that's the twisted beauty of being alive. It's so great when it's there, and so hard when it's not.

But that's how we grow.

Video log:

stealthmedia will become famous soon enough. (+50) stealthmedia will become famous soon enough. (+50) stealthmedia will become famous soon enough. (+50) stealthmedia will become famous soon enough. (+50) stealthmedia will become famous soon enough. (+50) stealthmedia will become famous soon enough. (+50) stealthmedia will become famous soon enough. (+50) stealthmedia will become famous soon enough. (+50) stealthmedia will become famous soon enough. (+50) stealthmedia will become famous soon enough. (+50) stealthmedia will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Klokovs are awesome, but I may suggest that barbell training may help you at this stage quite significantly.

And what about barbell squats and deadlifts...?

I've given up trying to go less deep. I love deep squats.

I mean, look at this guy.

Get on that!
    I meant with pressing exercises I do not use barbells for anything besides Klokov's. I think that I do need to start doing more OHP and bench with barbell but I need to minimize shoulder danger. When I say less deep I am referring to the depth in that video. my squats are always very deep if I don't stop myself before I get to the bottom of the hole.

My buddy is coming back from school to train during winter so I will see where we end up going, but I have no problem dropping regular plates/deadlifting without a platform at my gyms so it isn't a huge deal.

Tried deficit pulls for the first time on Friday...

"Many basic or compound exercises (e.g. squat, bench press, etc.) have a bell shaped resistance curves or shift the resistance through multiple muscle groups throughout the exercise's range of motion allowing the muscles to momentarily relax between repetitions. This period of momentary relaxation between repetitions allows greater opportunity for momentary blood flow permitting the clearing of acid accumulation."

Sunday, December 16 - Shoulders:

Press:
    95x5
    115x3
    135x1
    155x0
    145x1
    145x1 overhead squat (from bottom --> brought down as eccentric Klokov press)

Lateral raise:
    35x12 --> 20x8

One-armed DB press:
    55x5 / 55x5
    80x1 / 80x1 (push press --> slow eccentric)

Barbell curl:
    65x8
    95x5

OH triceps rope extension:
    100x8
    100x6

Video log:

I meant with pressing exercises I do not use barbells for anything besides Klokov's. I think that I do need to start doing more OHP and bench with barbell but I need to minimize shoulder danger. When I say less deep I am referring to the depth in that video. my squats are always very deep if I don't stop myself before I get to the bottom of the hole.

My buddy is coming back from school to train during winter so I will see where we end up going, but I have no problem dropping regular plates/deadlifting without a platform at my gyms so it isn't a huge deal.

Tried deficit pulls for the first time on Friday...
    [img]http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mdc23gaKPZ1rcr7bbo1_400.jpg[img]
    Klokov's what?

And what is wrong with your shoulder?

I actually find the depth in that video to be ideal - I truly believe that exposing as much of the articular surface to loading as possible is crucial for long-term health. If you'd like to hear some of my reasoning, take a look at the attached.

Emerging Multifactorial Treatments for Osteoarthritis.pdf

Glad you enjoyed the deficits. I'm sure you'll have a kick-ass lifting break.

Video log:

Sunday, December 16 - Shoulders:

Press:
    95x5
    115x3
    135x1
    155x0
    145x1
    145x1 overhead squat (from bottom --> brought down as eccentric Klokov press)

Lateral raise:
    35x12 --> 20x8

One-armed DB press:
    55x5 / 55x5
    80x1 / 80x1 (push press --> slow eccentric)

Barbell curl:
    65x8
    95x5

OH triceps rope extension:
    100x8
    100x6
    Nice stuff., should have nailed 155!
    Well, that's certainly the age-old question.

The quite unfortunate thing about human consciousness is that obsession is so easy to mistake for love.

And sometimes, the love does last... Sometimes it is real. Sometimes you still feel a chunk of your heart missing months or years down the line. Sometimes it doesn't feel replaceable.

I suppose that's the twisted beauty of being alive. It's so great when it's there, and so hard when it's not.

But that's how we grow.
    I dont see how obsession can be mistaken for love? They are mutually exclusive
    ~~~~~~~~~~
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~

Originally Posted by Ironlife View Post
    I dont see how obsession can be mistaken for love? They are mutually exclusive
    Though I'd like to think so, I am not entirely sure of that.

Off to Florida for a month starting today. So ready for this vacation.

Video log:

Klokov's what?

And what is wrong with your shoulder?

I actually find the depth in that video to be ideal - I truly believe that exposing as much of the articular surface to loading as possible is crucial for long-term health. If you'd like to hear some of my reasoning, take a look at the attached.

Attachment 5186783

Glad you enjoyed the deficits. I'm sure you'll have a kick-ass lifting break.
    lol grammar strikes again

Previous shoulder injury keeps me very careful.

I'm a bit confused, are you saying that the depth in that video is deep or are you just saying that it is good depth?

lol grammar strikes again

Previous shoulder injury keeps me very careful.

I'm a bit confused, are you saying that the depth in that video is deep or are you just saying that it is good depth?
    Grammar police on patrol, yo.

What was the actual injury?

I am saying both of those things.

Wednesday, December 19 - Everything:

Squat:
    275x3
    315x3
    365x1 (the fastest ever)
    385x0
    315x3
    345x4 + 345x1 (spotted)

Bench:
    185x3
    215x3
    235x2
    265x1 >>> 225x4

Clean:
    135x3 >>> 135x2 press
    185x1 >>> push press

Deadlift:
    225x5
    275x3
    365x2
    425x2
    505x0 >>> 475x0
    475x0
    Pulling heavy after heavy squats will happen soon.

Video log:

hods347 will become famous soon enough. (+50) hods347 will become famous soon enough. (+50) hods347 will become famous soon enough. (+50) hods347 will become famous soon enough. (+50) hods347 will become famous soon enough. (+50) hods347 will become famous soon enough. (+50) hods347 will become famous soon enough. (+50) hods347 will become famous soon enough. (+50) hods347 will become famous soon enough. (+50) hods347 will become famous soon enough. (+50) hods347 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Not quite sure how you managed to miss 385 then hit 345 for 4 haha. What do you think the cause of it was? You seem to be relatively good at hitting reps (345x4, 315x10), but it hasn't yet transferred over to your max.
    405/290/500 at 170

What was the actual injury?
    I never got an MRI, but it was a musculature injury involving all 4 rotator cuff muscles and the surrounding muscle tissue. I was visiting my chiropractor multiple times weekly for 2 months or so for alot of tissue work and rehab and still visit regularly for maintenance as I refer to it. Now I am just hypersensitive to how my shoulders feel all the time as sustainability is my number one concern in regards to lifting.

Sunday, December 23 - Everything:

Front squat:
    185x3
    225x3
    275x3
    315x1
    335x(staring at the bar a lot)
    LA Fitness bars are too thick and move around after you get under them - not too great for a front squat, but I worked with what I had!

Squat:
    335x1

Press:
    135x3
    135x3
    135x3
    115x8

T-bar row:
    3Px8
    4Px12
    5Px8
    6Px5
    Nice.

Video log:

Originally Posted by hods347 View Post
    Not quite sure how you managed to miss 385 then hit 345 for 4 haha. What do you think the cause of it was? You seem to be relatively good at hitting reps (345x4, 315x10), but it hasn't yet transferred over to your max.
    I really think that it's mostly mental, man. I'm afraid of four plates, though I should not be.

I never got an MRI, but it was a musculature injury involving all 4 rotator cuff muscles and the surrounding muscle tissue. I was visiting my chiropractor multiple times weekly for 2 months or so for alot of tissue work and rehab and still visit regularly for maintenance as I refer to it. Now I am just hypersensitive to how my shoulders feel all the time as sustainability is my number one concern in regards to lifting.
    At least it's apparently a soft tissue injury, from what you're describing. So long as tendons are not torn, we have good news.

I suppose going by feel is always the best option with recovery.

Video log:

hods347 will become famous soon enough. (+50) hods347 will become famous soon enough. (+50) hods347 will become famous soon enough. (+50) hods347 will become famous soon enough. (+50) hods347 will become famous soon enough. (+50) hods347 will become famous soon enough. (+50) hods347 will become famous soon enough. (+50) hods347 will become famous soon enough. (+50) hods347 will become famous soon enough. (+50) hods347 will become famous soon enough. (+50) hods347 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I really think that it's mostly mental, man. I'm afraid of four plates, though I should not be.
    Yeah I was thinking that might be the case. You'll get it soon. I bet training more frequently again will give help with all of that.
    405/290/500 at 170

The All-American American Woody-5's Avatar
    Woody-5 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Woody-5 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Woody-5 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Woody-5 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Woody-5 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Woody-5 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Woody-5 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Woody-5 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Woody-5 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Woody-5 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Woody-5 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Strong fronts & impressive tbars musicman!
    I also enjoyed the piano performance you posted awhile back.

Hope you have an excellent holiday!
    PRs: Back Squat- 410x1 / Front Squat- 320x1/ Bench- 325x1 / Deadlift- 505x1

Woody's Quest for the Seven (journal):
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=177649631

Yeah I was thinking that might be the case. You'll get it soon. I bet training more frequently again will give help with all of that.
    You're definitely right. I just need to get a consistent gym membership around here.

How are things on your end?

Originally Posted by Woody-5 View Post
    Strong fronts & impressive tbars musicman!
    I also enjoyed the piano performance you posted awhile back.

Hope you have an excellent holiday!
    Thank you mate! Likewise to you.

Glad to you enjoyed and thank you for listening.

Video log:

You're definitely right. I just need to get a consistent gym membership around here.

How are things on your end?
    Everything's going well. About to start up another cycle of sheiko. The next couple of weeks I'll be travelling here and there so my schedule won't be ideal, but I'll at least be able to hit the gym 3x a week. After that, I'll be able to get back to 4x a week plus any bonus workouts. I have some weak areas I need to bring up so I've already come up with how to address those. But I'm a big fan of high frequency squatting. It'll be a while till I test out my maxes again, but I feel like my squat and deadlift are going to make a lot of progress this coming semester.
    405/290/500 at 170

Wednesday, December 26 - Everything:
    Too much time spent at the gym? No such thing.

Squat:
    225x3
    275x3
    315x3
    365x2
    385x1
    All smooth and great! 405 is so close...

Klokov press:
    45x8
    95x8
    115x5
    115x5
    125x0 >>> 115x0 (beat!)
    I went all the way out to the collars today.

Bench:
    135x8
    185x3
    225x3
    245x2
    225x4 (all paused for three seconds)

T-bar row:
    3Px12
    4Px12
    6.5Px6
    5Px12
    4Px15

Front squat:
    225x10
    225x8
    I wanted to do 10x10, but had quite a headache after the first set. Volume front squats are brutal. Also, quite a workout for the abdominals.

Bench:
    195x8 >>> 145x8 >>> 95x8 >>> 45x8
    A nice drop-set.

Ab wheel:
    (Friend pushing)x12+

Plank:
    (A 250-pound dude standing on me)x20 seconds
    Last edited by musicianman; 12-26-2012 at 05:43 PM.

Video log:

Everything's going well. About to start up another cycle of sheiko. The next couple of weeks I'll be travelling here and there so my schedule won't be ideal, but I'll at least be able to hit the gym 3x a week. After that, I'll be able to get back to 4x a week plus any bonus workouts. I have some weak areas I need to bring up so I've already come up with how to address those. But I'm a big fan of high frequency squatting. It'll be a while till I test out my maxes again, but I feel like my squat and deadlift are going to make a lot of progress this coming semester.
    I did a little bit of a Sheiko sandwich today.

3x/week is more than enough to maintain awesome progress. Definitely seconded on bringing up weaknesses - doing so has been helping me a lot. Likewise for high-frequency squatting: it kicks ass, quite literally!

Video log:

Happy New Year to all.

Video log:

Stop Hating Start Lifting zakatak333's Avatar
    zakatak333 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) zakatak333 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) zakatak333 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) zakatak333 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) zakatak333 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) zakatak333 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) zakatak333 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) zakatak333 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) zakatak333 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) zakatak333 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) zakatak333 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    385x1
    All smooth and great! 405 is so close...
    2013 is your year, man

3x/week is more than enough to maintain awesome progress.
    i would guess 1 full body session per week is enough for an intermediate to make progress

week 1: 15 sets of squat, bench & row
    week 2: 15 sets of deadlift, overhead & chin up

idk, maybe not...

Happy New Year to all.
    Happy New Year!

if you'd like a link to my resolutions thread in the misc, just ask & i'll post it here
    The muscles i value most are the ones directly surrounding the spine, the hips, the scapula, the femur and the tibia... in that order.

Basically the whole body minus chest and biceps... pretty much the opposite of what your local gym looks like on a typical Monday.

Its already 2013 in my country u mad?
    ~~~~~~~~~~
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thursday, January 3 - Lower Volume, Speed:

High-bar squats:
    185x5
    225x5
    275x5
    275x5
    275x5
    295x4 (low-bar)
    Just getting some volume in.

Klokov presses:
    95x5
    95x5
    95x5
    95x5
    95x5

Wide band box squats:
    (135 + ~180)x2
    (135 + ~180)x2
    (135 + ~180)x2
    (135 + ~180)x2
    (135 + ~180)x2
    (135 + ~180)x2
    (135 + ~180)x2
    (135 + ~180)x2
    About 180 pounds of band tension at the top. Below parallel. Bottom-paused on all but the last two sets. Explosive. I thankfully ran into a guy who I hadn't seen for a year, down here in Florida, who was doing these - I asked to jump in!

Clean and press:
    135x1 + 3 presses
    Holding at lockout for about twenty seconds feels excellent.

Sumo deadlifts:
    315x3
    405x5
    Have never gone this heavy with sumos.

Overhead squats:
    95x5
    Easy. Great groove. Sitting at the bottom feels great.

GHRs:
    BWx8
    BWx8
    BWx8

Hanging leg raises:
    BWx12
    BWx12

Hanging L-sit:
    20 seconds

Stretching:
    ~20 minutes
    Last edited by musicianman; 01-03-2013 at 12:49 PM.

Video log:

Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast