Page 11 of 48 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast
    Fears Chuck Norris JimmyChitwood's Avatar
    JimmyChitwood is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JimmyChitwood is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JimmyChitwood is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JimmyChitwood is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JimmyChitwood is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JimmyChitwood is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JimmyChitwood is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JimmyChitwood is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JimmyChitwood is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JimmyChitwood is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JimmyChitwood is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by AustrianOakJr View Post
    As I think about it, I am surprised that car is using a standard O2 sensor. VW usually uses a wide band sensor (in fact I use a VW sensor with my stand alone wide band on the Shelby). But, if youre seeing that voltage, then I guess not. If you have power at the heater wire and good grounds, but the sensor doesnt fluctuate, I would bet 95% that its a sensor issue. If it was a fuel delivery issue, and its a true lean condition, you would have some fluctuation of the voltage. The computer has no idea if the sensor is good or not.....it only knows that it is indicating a lean condition all the time. You could try adding fuel through the throttle body (like with a litte starting fluid or something) and see if the O2 voltage changes as you feed it more fuel. If voltage sticks, you know the sensor is craptastic (or still a slight possiblilty of a wiring issue). If it pegs rich (.900 MV) or so, than you have a fuel issue.
    Not only is it a standard O2 sensor, but it's not heated on this car. Weird. I remember that striking me as odd when I changed it a couple years ago, because many of them available for the car ARE heated, but my setup doesn't have the wire for it. Yeah, while I'm checking for vacuum leaks I'll shoot some propane in the air intake and watch for the voltage response. If the O2 is good, I still think it's as likely or more so that it's an air issue rather than fuel though - either a leak or the MAF is dirty or crapped out. We'll see later when I scan it again. I'll take notes for you.

Paul, after I get done working on the car (again) I'll need to fix my snowblower (one of the many joys you miss out on down there). I already took apart and cleaned the carburetor to fix the power/stall-out issue, but now it's having some pretty serious transmission issues - won't change gears, lost reverse, etc. I suppose I could always shove it up and down my driveway manually, but... that would suck. It's actually a really great snowblower (would cost ~$1,700 to replace - commercial frame) so it's worth working on it a bit. Lot of life left in it, and I scored it for $400 a couple years ago. It's got the Tecumseh 9hp too. Craigslist, baby.
    ~Forgiven~

My Training Log and Record of Adventures:

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=441433851

NGA\IFPA Pro Bodybuilder fltallpaul's Avatar
    fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by JimmyChitwood View Post

Paul, after I get done working on the car (again) I'll need to fix my snowblower (one of the many joys you miss out on down there). I already took apart and cleaned the carburetor to fix the power/stall-out issue, but now it's having some pretty serious transmission issues - won't change gears, lost reverse, etc. I suppose I could always shove it up and down my driveway manually, but... that would suck. It's actually a really great snowblower (would cost ~$1,700 to replace - commercial frame) so it's worth working on it a bit. Lot of life left in it, and I scored it for $400 a couple years ago. It's got the Tecumseh 9hp too. Craigslist, baby.
    That is way more information about snow blowers than I would ever want to know. I guess you have your snowblower costs while I have to spend my disposable income on an airline ticket to go snowboarding in Colorado in February....maybe you can pile all your snow up and make a run down it?
    Contest Prep Coach

Paul@ProPhysique.com

Core Nutritionals/Outwork Apparel Athlete

NGA & IFPA Pro Bodybuilder

Pro Natural Bodybuilder AustrianOakJr's Avatar
    AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by fltallpaul View Post
    I guess you have your snowblower costs while I have to spend my disposable income on an airline ticket to go snowboarding in Colorado in February...
    Yea.....hmmmm.....whats a better place to live??? Spending your money on snow blowers or.....vacations to Colorado? Tough choice. My snow blower is a real woodchuck mobile fashioned from the dead carcasses of several machines....all different colors and makes....its a real gem. But, I dont spend any money on it.....when it breaks, I throw it out.

Funny, for the last few days of bitter cold, I have been cursing the weather and complaining to my wife asking her to remind me why we live here and why we dont move to Florida. Then, she reminds me......"what would you rather have snow storms.....or hurricanes?" Well, I suppose if you put it THAT way.....
    "Who the Son sets free is free indeed....."

WNBF Pro Natural Bodybuilder

Check out my CELLUCOR Supplement log:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=148746693&pagenumber=

3DMJ Athlete

AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000)
    LEGS HYPER

ANother good session today. Not spectacular....but very good. Strength is still on the rise. Added another 10 lbs and a few reps to my smith squats. So, thats cool. The joint is still hurting me behind the knee when I do leg curls, so thats not so cool.

SMITH SQUATS - PARALLEL

385 X 10
    385 X 10
    395 X 9
    395 X 8

LEG PRESS

6 PPS X 10
    7 PPS X 10
    8 PPS X 8
    6 PPS X 8 * Legs high, knees close, and real deep

LEG CURLS

90 X 10
    105 X 10
    120 X 6 * started to hurt behind the knee again
    105 X 6 * still hurting, so I canned it

LEG EXTENSIONS

Whole stack X 12
    Whole stack X 10
    Whole stack X 10, drop 3/4 stack X 6

DB SLDL - just to stretch the hams a bit

60's X 10

Workout length - 1:05
    Calories burned - 750

3DMJ Athlete

Retired Pro W/C Bodybuild RichKnapp's Avatar
    RichKnapp is just really nice. (+1000) RichKnapp is just really nice. (+1000) RichKnapp is just really nice. (+1000) RichKnapp is just really nice. (+1000) RichKnapp is just really nice. (+1000) RichKnapp is just really nice. (+1000) RichKnapp is just really nice. (+1000) RichKnapp is just really nice. (+1000) RichKnapp is just really nice. (+1000) RichKnapp is just really nice. (+1000) RichKnapp is just really nice. (+1000)
    Listening to your body. Props bro
    50+ year old stubborn mule. Follow along at
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=177980091&pagenumber=

stayfit2008 is a name known to all. (+5000) stayfit2008 is a name known to all. (+5000) stayfit2008 is a name known to all. (+5000) stayfit2008 is a name known to all. (+5000) stayfit2008 is a name known to all. (+5000) stayfit2008 is a name known to all. (+5000) stayfit2008 is a name known to all. (+5000) stayfit2008 is a name known to all. (+5000) stayfit2008 is a name known to all. (+5000) stayfit2008 is a name known to all. (+5000) stayfit2008 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Hey Sean,..whats the purpose for only going parallel on squats?
    2009 NGA Masters Pro Bodybuilder and Athlete.

"I dont stop when Im tired,..I stop when Im done"

Originally Posted by RichKnapp View Post
    Listening to your body. Props bro
    I have learned my lesson too many times....

Originally Posted by stayfit2008 View Post
    Hey Sean,..whats the purpose for only going parallel on squats?
    Just to add variety of movement and to focus on the quads. I do ATTG squats on my heavy lower day, and the hams and glutes take a real beating then, but the quads arent stimulated much because I am much stronger at the top of the movement (and the lighter weight required for the ATTG squats doesnt hit the quads enough). Basically, im focusing on the quad with parallel squats and not concerned with hitting the hams and glutes as hard.

3DMJ Athlete

stayfit2008 is a name known to all. (+5000) stayfit2008 is a name known to all. (+5000) stayfit2008 is a name known to all. (+5000) stayfit2008 is a name known to all. (+5000) stayfit2008 is a name known to all. (+5000) stayfit2008 is a name known to all. (+5000) stayfit2008 is a name known to all. (+5000) stayfit2008 is a name known to all. (+5000) stayfit2008 is a name known to all. (+5000) stayfit2008 is a name known to all. (+5000) stayfit2008 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I have learned my lesson too many times....

Just to add variety of movement and to focus on the quads. I do ATTG squats on my heavy lower day, and the hams and glutes take a real beating then, but the quads arent stimulated much because I am much stronger at the top of the movement (and the lighter weight required for the ATTG squats doesnt hit the quads enough). Basically, im focusing on the quad with parallel squats and not concerned with hitting the hams and glutes as hard.
    This I never knew! Now I don't feel as bad when I squat now. Parallel serves a purpose!

This I never knew! Now I don't feel as bad when I squat now. Parallel serves a purpose!
    I still think that |ATTG squats are really better for overall development, but there is no reason not to include both ranges of motion in your workout IMOP.

3DMJ Athlete

JimmyChitwood is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JimmyChitwood is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JimmyChitwood is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JimmyChitwood is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JimmyChitwood is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JimmyChitwood is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JimmyChitwood is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JimmyChitwood is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JimmyChitwood is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JimmyChitwood is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JimmyChitwood is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    That is way more information about snow blowers than I would ever want to know. I guess you have your snowblower costs while I have to spend my disposable income on an airline ticket to go snowboarding in Colorado in February....maybe you can pile all your snow up and make a run down it?
    Paul, I was only getting started on my "Ode to a Simplicity 970."

Oh, the augers of spiralling black, which grope in hunger for the ever-falling snows of winter like the arms of the favorite blue monster of Sesame Street... The insatiable hunger of the second stage fan, which tosses its wintery cookies in immediate binge-and-purge fashion... The growl of the governor as it digs in to regurgitate the hearty meal it eats so oft, so oft... Yet its vulgar habits made so appealing by the glint and gloss of Simplicity Orange, which excites the soul, and harkens the joys of wintery precipitation, which less fortunate driveway clearers moan of...

Actually... I was only telling you all that crap because of your comment about my always having to fix stuff rather than train. Homeownership = constantly fixing something. It's no wonder they say the stuff you own really owns you.

I still like blocking up the heels for this same reason - increased focus on the quads. Reduces the glute/ham stretch and puts the stress right on the ol' quadrasaurs.

I am sore. Everywhere but my pecs and triceps. But I'll fix that today. Legs are actually pretty recovered from Monday's treatment, but back, biceps, shoulders are just... sore. I love it. Yesterday I hit up shoulders with some cardio work - real quick day in the gym, but good stuff. Some ab work too. Cardio Cinema was playing some real crap soap opera. I was finally getting into all the angst and turmoil when someone changed the channel to the news, but then my time was up. Rear delts are feeling it from the T-bar rows the other day - man I didn't know how much I missed doing those.

Shoulders are sufficiently sore that I think the chest and tricep work will be primarily isolation. I'll get to use a pec dec and cable crossover for the first time in... years.
    One of these days I'll get into the pool - they've got an 8-lane indoor. And a suit mate. Yep. Had to scope that out yesterday. Couldn't figure out why there would be a short line of nude old men for this doohicky on the wall that whirred for 10 seconds at a pop. Curiosity got the better of me - I waded through the bare flabby carcasses to behold... a tiny spin cycle machine. What will they think of next? Honestly, there are some odd purchases that have been made at this gym which, had they asked me, I would have redirected funds to some more "staple" equipment. Like a standing calf machine maybe? A seated shoulder press machine? A hack squat machine? Instead of a hack, they have this weird leg machine that just looks like a reverse leg press - the seat back is up on the sled and you sit sort of upright and press with your feet on a platform that's where a leg press's seat back would be. I've looked at that from a mechanical sense, and I cannot see the difference between the two other than your butt and feet are in opposite positions on the same plane.
    ~Forgiven~

ever1964 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ever1964 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ever1964 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ever1964 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ever1964 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ever1964 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ever1964 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ever1964 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ever1964 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ever1964 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ever1964 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Well, Oak... I think it's cool that the wife goes to the gym with you at all. It's cool that she has an interest. Although... I think the problem is that you need to yell in her face MORE, not less. It's a question of motivation.

I've been mulling this over, and although I'll have a second look at the O2 voltage readings, I'm thinking it's gotta be more likely something else - vacuum leak or a MAF issue, perhaps. I mean after all, the 02 sensor must be proven to a degree before the comp will accept its readings, right? I'll check out the absolute barometric readings the MAF is putting out to double check that. And maybe I'll bring out the Doc Grabo and see about a homemade smoke test for leaks. Or I could do the ol' propane trick and watch the 02 voltage leap around if I'm near a leak. I recall replacing that 02 sensor a couple years ago, so I'm hoping that's not it. I think the MAFs on these are commonly suspect, but I'm not sure. I replaced the fuel filter last year, so not worried about a clog there. I'll put in some injector cleaner for good measure, but I'm not suspecting that's the problem either. More news at 11.
    I had a similar code recently that read as an O2 sensor. Replaced sensors, filters, plugs, wires, etc. Finally gave in and took it to the dealer. Turned out to be a tiny cracked vacuum line. That was why the code was intermittent.

Originally Posted by ever1964 View Post
    I had a similar code recently that read as an O2 sensor. Replaced sensors, filters, plugs, wires, etc. Finally gave in and took it to the dealer. Turned out to be a tiny cracked vacuum line. That was why the code was intermittent.
    Yah - I've been suspecting a vacuum leak too. Haven't had a lot of time to look at things in detail. Changed the air filter last night (old one was really crudded up), cleaned the MAF sensor, and put in some injector cleaner. The car has no performance issues whatsoever - drives great actually. Had the scan tool on it yesterday while driving - intake air temp reading was high - not sure if that might play into the problem - I guess that could account for an incorrect calculation on air mass entering the engine. Also, I noticed the O2 readings jumped around a lot - .750 to .000 and all in between. It flat lined consistently when coasting in gear only.

It's actually the second O2 sensor after all (O2S12 - O2 Sensor Bank 1 Sensor 2) - probably shouldn't be affecting the lean code anyway as far as I understand. Oak, must be the first O2 sensor is the type you were suggesting - wide band? Have to get you to explain that one - I'm not familiar. Anyway, if there are values put out on the OBDII scanner, I don't know what they are or how to interpret... Whachoo tink about the air temp thing? Is it the MAF that reads that?
    ~Forgiven~

In other news (more on topic, but still a blatant hijacking) I got back from a nice chest and tricep workout. DB presses, pec dec, cable crossovers, tricep pushdowns, single arm pushdowns (D-ring), rope overhead presses (low pulley). Finished with some pushups and stair stepping. Took me 5 minutes to figure out how to increase the step pace - must've looked like a wuss stepping like 20 steps a minute for a while. I got it, though. Nice quad pump, and the chest and tri pump was pretty sick. I'm telling you, I almost look like a bodybuilder in the mirror... but then I deflate in an hour.
    ~Forgiven~

Busy day today. I havent been on the compuper at all.....actually had to work. Weird. One broken car after another today from people running into ditches and driving until their wheels fall off. Fun.

So, Jimmy.....i see that in my absence today, you have taken over my thread. Very well played. I am very happy to hear about all of your sessions. Sounds like youre really doing some nice work in the gym. Keep that crap up. For a while this time. OK? Let me know how the short spinning dryer works out and stop looking at flabby old arses in the locker room.

.......and just so you know......this interwebz thing is purty cool. There is like an unlimited amount of space available to post these threads. If you go back out to the contest prep journal section and click "New Thread" you can start your very own. And you can make it as long as you want. I know, I know.....you want to save internet space, but trust me, theres a lot of it. So....feel free. Anytime now. Anytime.

So, I got your message last night and read more of your diagnostic attempts on my thread. And, the new information leads me to believe you may not have a bad 02 sensor. The activity you describe sounds like pretty normal 02 sensor activity. It should be bouncing all around.....peg to rich (high voltage) when you slam the gas, and peg lean (low voltage) when you decelerate with some engine breaking. So, you may want to look elsewhere. Check the air temp when the engine is stone cold and see that it matches the ******t air temp. Also check the MAF readings and see that they are in the 5-15 gps range at idle and that it ramps up nicely as you accelerate. Check coolant temp sensor as well. If that all looks OK, then I would get a fuel pressure on it and see if that meets spec and make sure it doesnt drop off as you accelerate. And then get back to my thread and post up all your diag efforts.....and your workouts.

3DMJ Athlete

OK OK,..I think I see whats going on here,...When is Rockem and Sockem gonna start the dual thread??

Busy day today. I havent been on the compuper at all.....actually had to work. Weird. One broken car after another today from people running into ditches and driving until their wheels fall off. Fun.

So, Jimmy.....i see that in my absence today, you have taken over my thread. Very well played. I am very happy to hear about all of your sessions. Sounds like youre really doing some nice work in the gym. Keep that crap up. For a while this time. OK? Let me know how the short spinning dryer works out and stop looking at flabby old arses in the locker room.

.......and just so you know......this interwebz thing is purty cool. There is like an unlimited amount of space available to post these threads. If you go back out to the contest prep journal section and click "New Thread" you can start your very own. And you can make it as long as you want. I know, I know.....you want to save internet space, but trust me, theres a lot of it. So....feel free. Anytime now. Anytime.

So, I got your message last night and read more of your diagnostic attempts on my thread. And, the new information leads me to believe you may not have a bad 02 sensor. The activity you describe sounds like pretty normal 02 sensor activity. It should be bouncing all around.....peg to rich (high voltage) when you slam the gas, and peg lean (low voltage) when you decelerate with some engine breaking. So, you may want to look elsewhere. Check the air temp when the engine is stone cold and see that it matches the ******t air temp. Also check the MAF readings and see that they are in the 5-15 gps range at idle and that it ramps up nicely as you accelerate. Check coolant temp sensor as well. If that all looks OK, then I would get a fuel pressure on it and see if that meets spec and make sure it doesnt drop off as you accelerate. And then get back to my thread and post up all your diag efforts.....and your workouts.

Yes, I have taken over your thread. It is now MINE, so anytime you want to get out of here, you can get up off that dope and see your way out. And don't think you can just start a new one. That'll become mine too.

I hear you about the space on the internet available for new threads. But, in this age of global warming awareness, I'm trying to make my blogging carbon neutral by conserving internet space and using up yours instead. It's sort of like... internet car pooling, but on a thread (and I'm not pitching in for gas).

As for the flabby old arses... I can't help it. They're everywhere at the Y, especially mid day (I think it's when retired old people finally get out of the house).

I had thought to check out the air temp thing when the engine is stone cold - just haven't put the scan tool back on it yet, that's all. The last thing I tried was kicking the crap out of the driver's door, and then erased the codes. We'll see if that did the trick first.
    ~Forgiven~

OK OK,..I think I see whats going on here,...When is Rockem and Sockem gonna start the dual thread??
    Another good avatar. This time just a simple yet elegant mug shot in front of the local crack rehab center. Excellent.

You know, Oak begged me to get back in the gym because he was all excited about a joint thread. Then I start back up and tactfully and thoughtfully start chiming in on this thread (staying completely on-topic and making my posts as much about Oak as possible) and now he's whining about space, blah blah. Hormonal woman... Hopefully his emotions level out now that his eating is back to normal.
    ~Forgiven~

NGA\IFPA Pro Bodybuilder fltallpaul's Avatar
    fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Yea.....hmmmm.....whats a better place to live??? Spending your money on snow blowers or.....vacations to Colorado? Tough choice. My snow blower is a real woodchuck mobile fashioned from the dead carcasses of several machines....all different colors and makes....its a real gem. But, I dont spend any money on it.....when it breaks, I throw it out.

Funny, for the last few days of bitter cold, I have been cursing the weather and complaining to my wife asking her to remind me why we live here and why we dont move to Florida. Then, she reminds me......"what would you rather have snow storms.....or hurricanes?" Well, I suppose if you put it THAT way.....
    I have lived in Florida for the majority of my life and only once has a Hurricane interrupted my life by knocking down some power lines. They are just a bunch of rain, wind and a day off from work for the most part....I think the media makes them look really bad...we have parties during hurricanes to celebrate the day off work.

That's like not moving to Hawaii because your afraid of a Tsunami...

We get Hurricanes every 4 or 5 years...but I imagine you get snow every year...

Actually it snowed in Orlando over the weekend...I wasn't awake to see it but the news had some clips of snow falling.
    Contest Prep Coach

Paul@ProPhysique.com

Core Nutritionals/Outwork Apparel Athlete

NGA & IFPA Pro Bodybuilder

Yes, I have taken over your thread. It is now MINE, so anytime you want to get out of here, you can get up off that dope and see your way out. And don't think you can just start a new one. That'll become mine too.

I hear you about the space on the internet available for new threads. But, in this age of global warming awareness, I'm trying to make my blogging carbon neutral by conserving internet space and using up yours instead. It's sort of like... internet car pooling, but on a thread (and I'm not pitching in for gas).
    Oh yea. I forgot about the effect on global warming by increasing the number of threads on a forum. I think Al Gore said something about that when he invented the internet. This will be my last post......the thread is yours.

Another good avatar.
    You know, Oak begged me to get back in the gym because he was all excited about a joint thread. Then I start back up and tactfully and thoughtfully start chiming in on this thread (staying completely on-topic and making my posts as much about Oak as possible) and now he's whining about space, blah blah. Hormonal woman... Hopefully his emotions level out now that his eating is back to normal.
    You know I could care less about your crappy workouts. And I could care even less about posting them in my thread. So, by all means...

I have lived in Florida for the majority of my life and only once has a Hurricane interrupted my life by knocking down some power lines. They are just a bunch of rain, wind and a day off from work for the most part....I think the media makes them look really bad...we have parties during hurricanes to celebrate the day off work.

Actually it snowed in Orlando over the weekend...I wasn't awake to see it but the news had some clips of snow falling.
    Funny how you just get used to the weather where youre living. If you saw the snow we get on a daily basis, you would think that its nuts that life isnt slowed down a bit. I guess the same holds true for the hurricanes.....So that seals it......Im coming to live with you Paul. Make room. Its OK that I bring my wife and kids too, right?

3DMJ Athlete

Yeah, well... at least we know how to cast a vote. Even though we elected Hillary as Senator, we didn't get all befuddled by hanging chads. And besides, we don't get hurricanes, either.

I thought about visiting Hawaii once, but... my fears of flying over the ocean, unfriendly natives, volcanoes and tsunamis got the better of me. That place is the devil.

Now that it's snowing in Orlando... I've got a freshly repaired snowblower I can sell you. You can be the first on the block with one! $600 if you pick it up. I got 5th gear working again. You could use a skateboard as a sulky, and really make it look good. PM me if you're interested.
    ~Forgiven~

You know I could care less about your crappy workouts. And I could care even less about posting them in my thread. So, by all means...
    You're a meany. Just plain mean... and I want everyone to know it.
    Just when a budding plant in dry ground needs tender encouragement the most... you pile it with salt and step on it. "sniff"

Sean is a meany, and an internet bully.
    Thank you.
    ~Forgiven~

You're a meany. Just plain mean... and I want everyone to know it.
    Just when a budding plant in dry ground needs tender encouragement the most... you pile it with salt and step on it. "sniff"

Sean is a meany, and an internet bully.
    Thank you.
    Whatever. WHAT - EVER.

3DMJ Athlete

UPPER POWER

This week is all screwed up because I am chaperoning the ski club again with school. Its only three nights this winter, but ill have to adjust when its my week to go. The big problem is that its on legs hyper day (thurs). So.....If I hit my legs on friday instead, it doesnt leave adequate rest to hit them again on Monday (my normal lower power day). Im gonna switch to tuesday/fridays for lower power/legs hyper. Its basically all botched up. And im gonna have some body parts that will go untrained. Sucks, but skiing is pretty fun too.

DB PRESSES - the first set kinda sucked b/c one of the guys at the gym saw me about to hoist the 105's up and came running over to spot. OK...cool. I figured he was just gonna get them up into position, but he kinda gave me a spot on every rep.....I dont think it was much but I could feel his hands under my elbows and it threw me off. The first set is not really very accurate in the reps b/c they were assisted. Oh well. The next two I did on my own.

105's X 6
    100's X 5
    100's X 5

WEIGHTED PULL UPS

+45 X 6
    +65 X 5
    +65 X 3-4ish

BENT OVER BB ROWS

245 X 6
    255 X 5
    255 X 4

* Didnt do any bench presses today because my chest was still feeling fatigued from Sat. Felt it better to leave it alone.

3DMJ Athlete

Nice work on the 105's. Too bad about the over-eager spot man.
    A proper spotter will mock you mercilessly and stick his head in between where the dumbbells will come together as a sort of target for you to try to squash. Wish I could be there for you. I think we moved some of our best weight with that technique. Then again, I wonder how many sets were completely ruined when the one lifting broke down into laughter...

Sounds like you have a reasonable solution for the leg switch-up to make skiing happen. It's well worth it, and a sort of leg workout in itself if you take a few consecutive runs down the moguls. That can give a nice quad burn. Would they let you ski with a barbell on your back?
    ~Forgiven~

LOWER POWER

Good training today. Felt pretty strong. I set some PR's inadvertently, but next week ill be really hunting for them.

ATTG SQUATS

275 X 5
    315 X 5
    335 X 4 (should have gotten 5, but concentration broke)
    345 X 4 (matched my PR)

SLDL's

225 X 5
    315 X 5
    335 X 5
    345 X 5 (PR)

HACK SQUATS

4 pps X 5
    4+25 pps X 5 (PR)
    *not really an all-out PR....but a PR for not-so-fresh-end-of-the-workout-hacks.
    4+25 pps X 5 (PR)

Workout length: 1:02
    Calories Burned : 652

3DMJ Athlete

Nice work on the 105's. Too bad about the over-eager spot man.
    A proper spotter will mock you mercilessly and stick his head in between where the dumbbells will come together as a sort of target for you to try to squash. Wish I could be there for you. I think we moved some of our best weight with that technique. Then again, I wonder how many sets were completely ruined when the one lifting broke down into laughter...
    Yes, he was a bit over-eager to help out. I was only expecting like 3 reps....which, is what I probably got on my own, but he was helping too much. Oh well. Next week.

Ah yes.....I can definitely remember a few sets breaking out into laughter. You gotta have fun, right? If its not fun, then why bother?

Sounds like you have a reasonable solution for the leg switch-up to make skiing happen. It's well worth it, and a sort of leg workout in itself if you take a few consecutive runs down the moguls. That can give a nice quad burn. Would they let you ski with a barbell on your back?
    Oh, yea. I always ski with a 50 lb DB strapped to my back......goes without saying.

3DMJ Athlete

Nice work on the PRs, fatty. I'll be doing legs today (Mon and Tues were insanely biddy). Hey, maybe I'll go nuts and squat over 200lbs today. Ramp up stinks - it's sometimes harder to hold back than it is to lift heavy, you know? But you gotta do it.

Your hacks... 4 + 25 pps.... = 29 pps?? That's pretty awesome, I guess. I don't think I'll be able to hack over 2,600 lbs like that. Mostly because I don't think the Y has that many plates. You rule.

How accurate do you suppose those calorie counts are based on the heartrate monitor? It just seems that with that massive kind of exertion you would be burning more calories than that, you know? I just wonder... is there more to consider than just heartrate? I wonder if you could double check it with some physics equations on work, in the scientific meaning of the word.
    ~Forgiven~

Nice work on the PRs, fatty. I'll be doing legs today (Mon and Tues were insanely biddy). Hey, maybe I'll go nuts and squat over 200lbs today. Ramp up stinks - it's sometimes harder to hold back than it is to lift heavy, you know? But you gotta do it.

Your hacks... 4 + 25 pps.... = 29 pps?? That's pretty awesome, I guess. I don't think I'll be able to hack over 2,600 lbs like that. Mostly because I don't think the Y has that many plates. You rule.

How accurate do you suppose those calorie counts are based on the heartrate monitor? It just seems that with that massive kind of exertion you would be burning more calories than that, you know? I just wonder... is there more to consider than just heartrate? I wonder if you could double check it with some physics equations on work, in the scientific meaning of the word.

Yes, 29 plates per side is pretty tough, but I am the man of steel, right? People were wicked pissed though that I used all the plates in the gym (and I brought two of my own from home).

I think the calorie counts are pretty accurate. If I wear it for a whole day on legs day, it pegs me at about 3000 calories burned.....which I think is on the high side. My diet is up to about 2700 calories a day and im slowly gaining weight. So, I dont know that it is on the money accurate, but I do know that the total counts coincide to what the scale/diet is saying. BUt, if you figure out the physics, let me know. Ill bring my protractor to the gym and get the angle of the incline on the hack machine for you if you need it.

Well, I hope to see you hit 200 lbs. That is big weight for only week number 2. It wont be long. Patience. Within a month you'll be squatting 29 plates also.

3DMJ Athlete

Cancel the protractor. I don't care that much after all, it seems. It's just amazing to see how efficient the body is, and how much work it can do on so few calories. I would just think that heavy lifting would be akin to whomping on your gas pedal everywhere you drive, but it seems not to be the case. A big legs workout takes less fuel than I thought. God did good on His design. Must've thought about it for a while.

Got that leg workout in yesterday. One dude in the gym came over commenting on my good form and pushing so much weight on ATG squats. I was only doing 225 on my last set, but he was impressed nonetheless. So that was nice. I asked him his opinion on the leg press and neighboring reverse leg press machine, and he couldn't figure it out either. Leg press I was doing about 500'bs (4 PPS on this machine). That was good enough for this week - solid enough for resistance but not enough to tax my joints or lower back too much. Then on to leg extensions. Not real heavy here to avoid too much sheer stress on the knees, but enough to add to an already impressive quad pump.

Pump was actually great enough that when I paused for a drink and then went to walk away my left leg buckled. Yep. Almost hit the floor on my second real leg workout. Proper. So I laid down on the mats for a few minutes to do some ab work and spare myself the embarassment of collapsing after such a light workout.

Speed SLDLs and ham curls finished the legs off. I'll tack on calves with back and biceps today I think.
    ~Forgiven~

Cancel the protractor. I don't care that much after all, it seems. .
    OK, I already had it my gym bag, so ill guess ill take it out.

It's just amazing to see how efficient the body is, and how much work it can do on so few calories. I would just think that heavy lifting would be akin to whomping on your gas pedal everywhere you drive, but it seems not to be the case. A big legs workout takes less fuel than I thought...
    Well, considering that just sitting around youre only burning 100 cal/hour or so......650 cals in an hour is a considerable jump. But, yea......I wish a legs workout was at least equal to a Big Mac and fries......but I guess not.

God did good on His design. Must've thought about it for a while..
    Or maybe He didnt have to think about it much at all.....because He's God. Hmmm?

Got that leg workout in yesterday. One dude in the gym came over commenting on my good form and pushing so much weight on ATG squats. I was only doing 225 on my last set, but he was impressed nonetheless. So that was nice. I asked him his opinion on the leg press and neighboring reverse leg press machine, and he couldn't figure it out either. Leg press I was doing about 500'bs (4 PPS on this machine). That was good enough for this week - solid enough for resistance but not enough to tax my joints or lower back too much. Then on to leg extensions. Not real heavy here to avoid too much sheer stress on the knees, but enough to add to an already impressive quad pump.

Pump was actually great enough that when I paused for a drink and then went to walk away my left leg buckled. Yep. Almost hit the floor on my second real leg workout. Proper. So I laid down on the mats for a few minutes to do some ab work and spare myself the embarassment of collapsing after such a light workout.

Speed SLDLs and ham curls finished the legs off. I'll tack on calves with back and biceps today I think.
    Nicely done with the 225 ATG squats on only the second time at bat. What kind of reps were you getting with that? Yes, I think that hitting 2 plates for a FULL squat is much more impressive than 3 plates for a half ass or even parallel squat..... Its just a different ball game.....which is why you almost bit the dust there at the drinking fountain. Tough work. Obviously deserved of the compliment. Just tell him to wait a month or two and you'll have the bar all loaded up for a real show.

3DMJ Athlete