Page 1 of 95 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast
    HARRYBEAST has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HARRYBEAST has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HARRYBEAST has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HARRYBEAST has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HARRYBEAST has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HARRYBEAST has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HARRYBEAST has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HARRYBEAST has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HARRYBEAST has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HARRYBEAST has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HARRYBEAST has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Red & Black Iron Attack - Team iSatori BioGrows

Team iSatori Training Log

This is the place to be to see what Team iSatori is up to whether its physique competitions, powerlifting meets or any other amazing feats of fitness you will find it here. This will give you insight into both the training we do on a daily basis and how iSatori products help us to reach our fitness goals!

The Beast Journey to Elite
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=169406293

Best Meet's Total = 1515 (585 Squat, 365 Bench, 565 Deadlift)
    Highest Gym Lifts: Squat: 600 Deadlift: 600 Bench: 400

Proud member of Team Ogre
    "Everybody wants to be strong but most people just don't want to work that hard"

Instagram: harrylifter

HARRYBEAST has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HARRYBEAST has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HARRYBEAST has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HARRYBEAST has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HARRYBEAST has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HARRYBEAST has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HARRYBEAST has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HARRYBEAST has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HARRYBEAST has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HARRYBEAST has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HARRYBEAST has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I'll Start us out with my meet wrap up post from this past weekend

9-20-14

2014 Fall Cincy Throwdown
    SQUAT
    Opener: 460 (Nailed)
    This went exactly as planned
    2nd Attempt: 505 Fail
    Chest fell and but came up first and it was over
    3rd Attempt: 505 Solid Meet PR!
    I wish I would have hit the 2nd attempt like this. I may have had another 10-20lbs in me. Oh well still pretty happy with a Meet PR here

BENCH
    Opener: 315 (Nailed)
    This may have given me too much confidence
    2nd Attempt: 355 Fail
    This came to far out. I touched a good few inches from my normal spot. It strained something in my upper back which lead too
    3rd Attempt: 355 Fail
    It just wasn't there today

DEADS
    Opener: 500 Easy
    Smoked it
    2nd Attempt: 540 (easy)
    I adjusted this from the 555 I had planned on, mostly because I wanted to hit all 3 here
    3rd Attempt: 555 (had more in the tank)
    I think I left another 20lbs or so in the tank here. But I hit all 3 so I am happy with it

1rst in Class Mens 242 Sub-Masters division
    1375 Total

Not bad considering I went 6 of 9. Had I even gotten 340 on Bench I would have hit a total PR. Next year is going to be big so I am not worried about it. Time to get back to the grind!

VID

PICS
    Bench

Deads

1rst Place Trophy

"Everybody wants to be strong but most people just don't want to work that hard"

ThatGuy5 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ThatGuy5 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ThatGuy5 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ThatGuy5 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ThatGuy5 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ThatGuy5 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ThatGuy5 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ThatGuy5 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ThatGuy5 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ThatGuy5 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ThatGuy5 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Way to start it off with a bang Harry!
    Manager of Athletes for iSatori
    Manager of ISAFIT Professional Network
    "Civilize the mind, but make Savage the body"

Originally Posted by ThatGuy5 View Post
    Way to start it off with a bang Harry!
    Thanks man. Next year I will start hitting big numbers

KissIcon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KissIcon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KissIcon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KissIcon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KissIcon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KissIcon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KissIcon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KissIcon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KissIcon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KissIcon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KissIcon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by HARRYBEAST View Post
    1rst Place Trophy
    Way to get things going with the new thread.

Congrats on the meet.

BTW; best photo of them all right there...........
    I'm back.......kinda.....sort of....

Originally Posted by KissIcon View Post
    Way to get things going with the new thread.

Congrats on the meet.

BTW; best photo of them all right there...........
    Thanks man
    Best part is my wife looks like that and she's 6 months preggers

KissIcon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KissIcon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KissIcon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KissIcon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KissIcon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KissIcon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KissIcon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KissIcon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KissIcon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KissIcon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KissIcon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Thanks man
    Best part is my wife looks like that and she's 6 months preggers

Wow

and congrats again............a little late

Originally Posted by KissIcon View Post

Wow

and congrats again............a little late
    Its cool man, I hardly had to work to make the baby

KoHuskie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KoHuskie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KoHuskie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KoHuskie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KoHuskie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KoHuskie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KoHuskie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KoHuskie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KoHuskie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KoHuskie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KoHuskie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Awesome stuff Hairy!

I'll be the second rep to chime in. I have done 1 bodybuilding show in the past (see avi) and have made the switch of my focus to powerlifting in the last year or so. Prepping for my first meet which is just around the corner in 3 days. Figured I would do bench only this go around to get used to the weight cut/atmosphere and rock full power next go around. Real excited despite the hard part of the water cut coming up in the next couple days. Here is my protocol on how I will go from 190lbs to the 181lbs class.

Sat Sept 20
    1.5 gal water
    +sodium
    200 carbs

Sun Sept 21
    1.75 gal water
    +sodium
    150 carbs

Mon Sept 22
    2 gal water
    +sodium
    125 carbs

Tues Sept 23
    2.25 gal water
    -limit salt
    100 carbs

Wed Sept 24
    3 gal water
    Cut sodium before dinner
    50 carbs

Thurs Sept 25
    2.5 gal dist water
    Magnesium citrate after work (pending)
    Sip water as needed until 4
    Cut all water/food at 4
    Close to 0 carbs as possible

Fri Sept 26
    10AM weigh in
    Sip .25 gal/hr after weigh in
    Carbs, electrolytes, all that good stuff.

Sat Sept 27
    Bench PR

Some benching from a few weeks ago:

Although national/world records are the only ones that mean much in my eyes, I should set the record in the UPA bench only Jr. class which would be pretty cool.

Its cool man, I hardly had to work to make the baby
    lololololol..............
    Originally Posted by KoHuskie View Post
    Awesome stuff Hairy!

I'll be the second rep to chime in. I have done 1 bodybuilding show in the past (see avi) and have made the switch of my focus to powerlifting in the last year or so. Prepping for my first meet which is just around the corner in 3 days. Figured I would do bench only this go around to get used to the weight cut/atmosphere and rock full power next go around. Real excited despite the hard part of the water cut coming up in the next couple days. Here is my protocol on how I will go from 190lbs to the 181lbs class.

Some benching from a few weeks ago:

Although national/world records are the only ones that mean much in my eyes, I should set the record in the UPA bench only Jr. class which would be pretty cool.
    good luck with the meet!

All weights were lifted gallagnm's Avatar
    gallagnm has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gallagnm has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gallagnm has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gallagnm has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gallagnm has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gallagnm has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gallagnm has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gallagnm has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gallagnm has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gallagnm has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gallagnm has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Awesome intro harry.

you guys makes me look like chit. Me:

-was training for a PL meet until injuries caught up, not looking to pursue that again, just training for strength now and if numbers go up I will consider. sitting at 160 now with 1RMs dead - 405, squat - 345, bench - 225. Rehabbing shoulder and knee injuries so of course it would be those joints..
    -athlete my whole life, biggest accomplishment is playing college hockey
    - I am a physical therapy student. On my way to obtain my doctorate in physical therapy then go on and get my strength and conditioning certification. Overall looking to run my own PT practice while training others.
    - I help run mobility/agility classes in my hometown gym while holding a part time job at a deli. I have zero free time
    - I seek to challenge the body. If i get stuck in one program or lifting style, I will almost immediately look to a different one. The day I settle into my comfort zone is the day I stop learning, and I dont want that to happen.
    - I live life by a couple quotes - "Never compare your weaknesses to other people’s strengths." and "If you dont build your own dream, someone will hire you to help build theirs."

so to put some training in here:

went to the gym only to find out it was closed. Awesome. But thankfully I made the smart decision to join another gym not too far so that was open.

interval run - 1min sprint/1min walk for 1.25 miles
    planks - 5x2minutes, 5x1minute
    lateral raise - 5x1minute
    face pulls - 5x1minute
    plank - 5x1minute
    mobility

not a hard day at all. worked on the little things today. I am disappoint in myself because I usually put in some structure or color to my posts but am a little pressed for time because I have an exam tomorrow.

Way back wednesday:

Personal Journal (ISSA-SSC, AFAA-CGFI, SPT)
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=175995851

ntroupe has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ntroupe has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ntroupe has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ntroupe has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ntroupe has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ntroupe has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ntroupe has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ntroupe has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ntroupe has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ntroupe has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ntroupe has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Awesome job at the meet Harry and good luck KO!

So seems like I am the odd man of the group since I don't do PL. My background for training started out with doing competitive bench comps when I was back in college. Decided 3 years ago to try competing in MP. Thought about crossing over to BB and was doing a pretty nice job of putting on size over the last year getting up to 230 and still having "some abs". That all went to hell when I started the new job in August as a high school PE teacher and cross country coach. Dropped 20 pounds REALLY quick. I am back up to 220 but with a baby joining my family here in the next few weeks who knows when I will be competing again and in which division. I could see myself going back to MP but who knows...
    BB.com Article
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/physique-workout-npc-athlete-nic-troupes-fitness-regimen.html

All good things must come to an end...Great things last forever!

koweanguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) koweanguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) koweanguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) koweanguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) koweanguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) koweanguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) koweanguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) koweanguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) koweanguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) koweanguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) koweanguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Your Squats and Deadlifts are absolutely incredible

KoHuskie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KoHuskie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KoHuskie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KoHuskie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KoHuskie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KoHuskie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KoHuskie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KoHuskie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KoHuskie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KoHuskie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KoHuskie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Weight is down to 186.8. Plan today is to keep carbs s close to 0 as possible and cut all food and water after work around 4. From there I am hoping I can pee out the rest and am hoping to be at about 183lbs by nights end.

Originally Posted by koweanguy View Post
    Your Squats and Deadlifts are absolutely incredible
    If you are talking about mine. They are not where they should be I have hit 600 on deads in the gym and 540 on squats. I was sick for a few weeks before the meet and lost a considerable about of weight. Next year my numbers will dwarf this meet.

Interested to see how the water cut goes Ko. I have never done that before.

9-24-14
    TRAIN
    Pre-Workout Notes
    - Ipod died when I walked in the door
    - Yorn was there when I walked in too

Assistance Lifts
    Straight Arm Pulldowns
    55x15 (3 sets)

Face Pulls
    55x15 (3 sets)

Pulldowns
    100x15 (3 sets)

Upright Rows
    70x15 (3 sets)

Hammer Shrugs
    180x15 (3 sets)

Shrugdowns
    140x15 (3 sets)

Calf Press
    320x15 (3 sets)

Reverse Grip EZ Curls
    20x20
    30x20,20

Roman Chair Leg Raises
    6 sets of 12

Cardio
    Treadmill
    20 minutes (+warm up/cooldown time)
    284 calories burned
    1.48 miles

OUTSIDE THE GYM
    Nutrition
    Total Calories: 3249
    Carbs: 324g
    Fat: 114g
    Protein: 274g

Supplements
    Intra-Workout
    Amino AMP - 1 scoop
    Post-Workout
    2 scoops Whey
    Bio Gro 3 scoops
    Late night shake
    2 scoops Casien
    Bio Gro 3 scoops

Recovery Work
    Rolling/Lax Ball
    Did some work on the upper back right after training yesterday and it seemed to help some. Might repeat that again today after declines
    Ice
    20 minutes Upper Back

Interested to see how the water cut goes Ko. I have never done that before.
    I will definitely keep everyone posted. At 187 with a few meals in today and about .5 of a gallon of water. Have cut water and food at this point and am hoping to be about 184 by the time I get to bed. I typically lose 1-2lbs overnight and could sweat out the remaining 1-2lbs in the morning.

I think I would really only recommend this method if you are doing a 24 hour weigh in. I will likely weigh about 190 by the time I lift on Saturday and you may lose some strength if it was a shorter recovery/refuel period.

ThatGuy5 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ThatGuy5 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ThatGuy5 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ThatGuy5 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ThatGuy5 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ThatGuy5 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ThatGuy5 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ThatGuy5 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ThatGuy5 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ThatGuy5 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ThatGuy5 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I'm with Nic, I don't PL, and I don't compete in MP or BB. I am the odd man out really. I just want to be explosive, fast and quick. I play football and baseball year round. I don't keep track of macros, I just eat! My weight fluctuates between 207 and 215. My main goal with working out is to be explosive while staying agile. So my workouts are a lot of plyometrics, sprints and weights. More of the plyo's and sprints. I hit the weights 3 times a week and do plyo's and sprints 3-4 times. The only day where I just perform weight lifting is legs, my favorite day of the week! 2nd favorite is speed and agility day. With that being said here was today's workout:

10 minute warm up on treadmill

Speed Ladder:
    Single tap x 3
    Double tap x 3
    High Knees Single Leg x 3
    High Knees Double Leg x 3
    Ickey Shuffle x 3
    Side Step x 3
    Cross Over Run x 3
    Side Straddle Hop x 3
    Carioca x 3
    In & Out x 3
    Back & Forth x 3
    (I then went through the list again with an elastic rope strapped to me for more resistance.)

Cone Drills:
    X Drill x 3
    123 Back x 3
    3 Cone L-Drill x 3
    Agility Shuffle x 3
    Run Shuffle Run x 3
    Staggered Shuffle x 3
    Cone Alley x 3

Box Jumps:
    Double Leg Box Jumps 4 sets x 10 reps
    Single Leg Box Jumps 4 sets x 10 reps
    Double Leg Consecutive Box Jumps 4 x 10
    Single Leg Consecutive Box Jumps 4 x 10

Quick Feet Drill through cones drill: 6 sets

Rocket (squat jumps) with elastic rope strapped to waist: 6 sets 12 reps

Side Shuffle with 12lb medicine ball (with partner, chest passing the medicine ball): Length of court- 4 sets

5yd sprints (develops quicker first step): 10 sets
    10yd sprints: 10 sets

Elastic Band Sprints: 6 sets (10yd length)

Explosive Drills:
    Single Leg Hop- 10yd 5 sets
    Double Leg (frog jumps)- 10yd 5 sets
    Speed Squats with bands: (45lb plate on each side) 3 sets 20 reps

Finished up with 10 minute cool down on treadmill. Also had on a 15lb. vest the whole time

gallagnm has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gallagnm has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gallagnm has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gallagnm has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gallagnm has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gallagnm has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gallagnm has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gallagnm has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gallagnm has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gallagnm has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gallagnm has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

1 arm DB row
    45x10
    55x10
    60x8
    65x6

standing DB OHP
    25x12
    30x12
    35x10
    40x8

pullups

BB low bar squat
    barx20,15
    95x12
    135x10
    185x8
    225x6,4

hamstring curls - 20,15,12,10,8,6,4

calf and hip mobility

The chances of people having even a portion of a fingerprint the same as each other are 1 in 100quintillion

ntroupe has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ntroupe has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ntroupe has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ntroupe has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ntroupe has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ntroupe has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ntroupe has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ntroupe has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ntroupe has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ntroupe has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ntroupe has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    No training session for me today other than doing 350 push ups today with my P.E. classes. Yesterday's session was

Rack Deads
    2x20x135, 3x12x225 3x8x315 2x10x225

Band Bent Over Rear Delt Raise 3x12
    SS
    Face Pulls 3x12x65lbs
    SS
    Band Lat Raises 3x12

Hammer Strength Rev 1 Arm Press 4x10x70
    SS
    DB Lat Raises (Tempo 3:1:3) Reps 15,10,15 weight 15, 20, 15
    BB.com Article
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/physique-workout-npc-athlete-nic-troupes-fitness-regimen.html

All good things must come to an end...Great things last forever!

there's some good stuff going on in here.

9-25-14
    TRAIN
    Pre-Workout Notes
    - Feeling good today!
    - Yorn was there again but not till after I finished Declines

Main Lifts
    CGDP
    45x12
    95x8
    135x5
    185x3
    225x3
    275x1
    300x7
    forgot to record but spotter said I did a bonus rep
    305x6
    310x6
    290x8

These were feeling solid today

Assistance Lifts
    Superset 1
    Close Grip Seated Cable Row
    140x12 (3 sets)
    Rear Delt Cable Cross
    12.5x12
    12.5x8
    10x12

Superset 2
    Trap Bar Shrugs
    180x12 (3 sets)
    Hammer Curls
    40x12 (3 sets)

Decline Situps
    6 sets of 15

Cardio
    Recumbant Bike
    20 minutes (+warm up/cooldown time)
    246 calories burned
    5.73 miles

OUTSIDE THE GYM
    Nutrition
    Total Calories: 2806
    Carbs: 306g
    Fat: 94g
    Protein: 219g

Supplements
    Intra-Workout
    Amino AMP - 1 scoop
    Post-Workout
    2 scoops Whey
    Bio Gro 3 scoops
    Late night shake
    2 scoops Casien
    Bio Gro 3 scoops

Recovery Work
    Foam Roll
    Just did about 20 minutes lightly hitting everything while watching TV last night
    Ice
    20 mins on the upper back
    20 mins on shoulders

Training Tweek
    I read as many lifting related articles as I can find. Now with a iPhone finally I have some Apps to help me keep up. Today I read an article and most of it was rehashed stuff I have seen a bunch of times, but one part of it spoke to me...

Hit accessory work like a bodybuilder
    Now I have heard this before and it makes sense but this article talked about hyper focusing on the muscle worked instead of focusing on the weight moved. Honing in on the muscles you are trying to train instead of worrying about the weight. I slowed down my reps an made them cleaner yesterday and I really think it will make a difference. I also liked the takeaway that Powerlifters look at the easiest way to move a weight and Bodybuilders look for the hardest way

Nice work in here fellas! We will have to get Tiff on board to cater to all out female fans... we do have female fans right?

Currently in 2 hoodies and sweats dropping the last .5lb before weigh ins in about 30 minutes. The feast after will be glorious.

Nice work in here fellas! We will have to get Tiff on board to cater to all out female fans... we do have female fans right?

Currently in 2 hoodies and sweats dropping the last .5lb before weigh ins in about 30 minutes. The feast after will be glorious.
    I really don't know how to do all this.

Top Secret Nutrition Rep TiffGarrett's Avatar
    TiffGarrett is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TiffGarrett is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TiffGarrett is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TiffGarrett is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TiffGarrett is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TiffGarrett is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TiffGarrett is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TiffGarrett is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TiffGarrett is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TiffGarrett is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TiffGarrett is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

I'm here now!

KO, this is IMPRESSIVE!! OMG! How's your strength? I think I'd be a crazy woman!!
    Top Secret Nutrition Rep
    http://topsecretnutrition.com/

NASM Certified Personal Trainer
    NASM Nutrition Specialist
    National Level Figure Competitor (Most Recent: 4th place National Bodybuilding Championships)
    www.********.com/TAGFit
    IG: tiffg1908

TiffGarrett is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TiffGarrett is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TiffGarrett is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TiffGarrett is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TiffGarrett is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TiffGarrett is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TiffGarrett is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TiffGarrett is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TiffGarrett is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TiffGarrett is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TiffGarrett is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Hi guys and gals!!

I apologize for being late to the PARTAY!

I started competing in Figure a little over 2 years ago. My first show was August 2012. I have since competed in 4 National level shows where I've placed 16th, 5th, 4th, and 6th. I will be competing for my pro card again later this year in Miami - wish me luck! My ultimate goal is to grace the Olympia stage. I will never give up on my dreams and neither should YOU!

My background is engineering; I have a B.S. in Computer Science and an M.S. in Computer Engineering. I'm employed by one of the largest defense contractors in the world. I'm working on a vehicle that replaces the Shuttle and will send astronauts to the International Space Station and some day the moon. Our first un-manned launched is scheduled for later this year and I'm SUPER excited. In my spare time you'll find me learning everything there is to know about fitness. Fitness fuels me! It's my God given passion. I'm a NASM CPT and Nutrition Specialist. I thrive on motivating and helping other reach their goals. I enjoy a great workout but nutrition is my passion. In my opinion, not enough time is spent educating people on nutrition. My purpose is to share what I've learned a long the way and teach others to do the same w/o starving and/or depriving themselves. It's all about lifestyle changes; willpower will only get you so far. You'll lose 20-30 pounds with willpower; you'll maintain it with lifestyle changes.. OK, OK, OK.. I'll get off my soapbox. LOL

My training split is as follows: Legs, Shoulders, Back, Chest and Arms. I lift 4-5 days a week. I'm also doing about 20 minutes of cardio 5 days a week. My cardio will probably increase the closer I get to my show. I've found that cardio is the best at burning fat which in turn makes my abs POP! Who doesn't want poppin abs?!? My favorite form of cardio is sprinting and intervals. It keeps my mind engaged and forces me to push. This morning I did the following cardio routine:
    Speed Incline Time
    6.0 0 1 min
    6.2 0 1 min
    6.4 0 1 min
    6.6 0 1 min
    6.8 0 2 min
    6.6 2 1 min
    6.4 4 1 min
    6.2 6 1 min
    6.0 8 1 min
    Repeat 2X
    Warm-up and Cool down as needed. If you give this a try, let me know how you like it!

Today is leg day - my not so fav! I'll post later about my workout. One thing's for sure, I'll have my Amino-Amp and Bio-Gro in my shaker bottle!!
    Top Secret Nutrition Rep

National Level Figure Competitor (Most Recent: 4th place National Bodybuilding Championships)
    www.********.com/TAGFit

Originally Posted by TiffGarrett View Post
    Today is leg day - my not so fav!
    We need to talk about this!?!?!

Today is usually a light day, but went with some shoulders and sprints. Nothing heavy on shoulders, I don't like going heavy, my main goal is to strengthen the rotator cuff because I am constantly throwing from either baseball or football.

Today's workout:

KBAND JOBE'S 45 degree Raises- 4 x 15 (Medium resistance K band)
    Side Lateral Raise: 4 x 12 (15lb)
    Front Lateral Raise: 4 x 12 (15lb)
    External Rotation: 4 x 12 (10lb)
    Seated Military Press: 4 x 15 (95lbs)
    Internal Rotation: 3 x 10 (K band)
    External Rotation: 3 x 10 (K band)

Sprints:
    10yd: 4 sets
    20yd: 4 sets
    30yd: 4 sets
    40yd: 4 sets
    60yd: 4 sets
    100yd: 4 sets

Suicides (20yd length): 4 sets

10yd: 1 set
    20yd: 1 set
    30yd: 1 set
    40yd: 1 set
    60yd: 1 set
    100yd: 1 set

2 minute cool down
    Last edited by ThatGuy5; 09-26-2014 at 09:24 AM.

Originally Posted by TiffGarrett View Post
    I'm here now!

KO, this is IMPRESSIVE!! OMG! How's your strength? I think I'd be a crazy woman!!
    Wooohoo! Welcome Tiff! Honestly I haven't had a heavy workout since my carbs dropped below 200. I tested my opener 6 days ago but that was while I was still on normal calories/water. I guess we will see tomorrow how it is effected but since I have 24 hours to refuel I would be surprised if I didn't perform well due to hydration/nutrition.

I really don't know how to do all this.
    If you ever need to cut to make a class just shoot me a PM man. It's not all that bad if done right.

Made the 181 class! Scale at the gym was about 1/2lb lighter than my scale at home which was nice. Now its time to refuel. My key focus for this in cliffs:

Hydration:
    -Sodium/electrolytes
    -Drink water as desired (prob at least a gallon in addition to other liquids)

Glycogen:
    Quick carbs
    Lots of carbs
    BW in protein
    carbs
    more carbs

Cliffs of cliffs:

About 1 hr after weigh ins:

dramatic weight change after weigh ins KO lol i like it

Ahhhh, I love refuel meals! Enjoy enough for me!
    Top Secret Nutrition Rep

www.********.com/TAGFit