Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    MomGettingFit is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MomGettingFit is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MomGettingFit is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MomGettingFit is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MomGettingFit is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MomGettingFit is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MomGettingFit is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MomGettingFit is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MomGettingFit is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MomGettingFit is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MomGettingFit is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

MomGettingFit (40 is the New SeXXXy) Totally Ripped in 12 Wks with HRT Solo!

MomGettingFit (40 is the New SeXXXy) Totally Ripped in 12 Wks with HRT Solo!

Hello everyone, my name is Shelly and I'm beyond excited to join in on the newest HRT Solo contest! A HUGE Thank you to Tom, Universal and Bodybuilding.com for allowing me to partake in this contest.

A bit of information about myself:

I am a mom to 3 (step mom to 3 more), grandmother to 1 and wife to the amazing Matthew (aka BB2K here on the boards).

I spent most of my life taking care of my children while letting myself go. It wasn't until 3 yrs ago this Dec. that I realized I needed to make a change for myself. My weight was hitting close to 200lbs. I hired a personal trainer and began the work. I began to lift weights for the first time in my life, but also hit the cardio like there was no tomorrow. The weight melted off and 4 months later I was down to 143lbs. Sure I looked a lot better than I did, but I was just a skinnyfat version of before.

It was at this time that I met my husband who is a personal trainer and bodybuilder. He taught me the correct way to train by building muscle and losing fat (not just weight). I started to train with him and the muscle starting to build, but being newly in love we both fell off the fitness wagon, went on vacations, honeymoon, dinners out and the weight started to creep back on.

I have never been "ripped" before, so I'm really excited about starting this HRT program as I have seen what it has done for my husband and others following the program. My biggest obstacle right now is diet and I'm convinced that by following Tom's diet instructions along with the HRT training method, this Mom will be totally shredded in 12 weeks!

I will be 40 years old next year and for the first time in my life, I'm excited about turning 40! I'm in better shape now than I ever have been and can't wait to see what HRT can do for me! 40 WILL be the NEW SeXXXY for me!!!

Current Stats:

Current Height: 5'6
    Beginning Weight: 169.8lbs
    Bodyfat: 27.95%

Cardio (how many days per week/minutes per day): 30 mins, 6 days a week

Protein grams you’re eating per day: 150
    Carbohydrate grams you’re eating per day: 75
    Fat grams you’re eating per day: 25

I will use this log to update you on my daily experience and progress with the HRT program and Tom's diet. I hope you follow along as I look forward to sharing this journey with you.

My Starting Pictures

Yikes, here goes nothing! As you can see from my pictures, I have a long way to go, but I'm ready to do this! I carry most of my weight in my lower body. I know I'm always going to have a big butt and hips and I don't have a problem with that at all, but I really want to tighten them up. My legs have a lot of muscle under all that fat and I can't wait to shed the fat and reveal that!

Last edited by MomGettingFit; 08-13-2012 at 07:48 AM.
    Shelly Eubanks

Come follow my 1st HRT Solo Log:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=147310783

What are you wearing?
    www.MuscleThreadz.com

jpetteway is on a distinguished road. (+10) jpetteway is on a distinguished road. (+10) jpetteway is on a distinguished road. (+10) jpetteway is on a distinguished road. (+10) jpetteway is on a distinguished road. (+10) jpetteway is on a distinguished road. (+10) jpetteway is on a distinguished road. (+10) jpetteway is on a distinguished road. (+10) jpetteway is on a distinguished road. (+10) jpetteway is on a distinguished road. (+10) jpetteway is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Good luck!! I'm really psyched to kick this party off and have a huge group of awesome folks to work with. This is going to be absolutely amazing. My first day is tomorrow, how about you? Lets hit this thing hard and start it off right!
    -Jay

MomGettingFit is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MomGettingFit is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MomGettingFit is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MomGettingFit is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MomGettingFit is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MomGettingFit is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MomGettingFit is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MomGettingFit is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MomGettingFit is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MomGettingFit is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MomGettingFit is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by jpetteway View Post
    Good luck!! I'm really psyched to kick this party off and have a huge group of awesome folks to work with. This is going to be absolutely amazing. My first day is tomorrow, how about you? Lets hit this thing hard and start it off right!
    -Jay
    Thanks Jay and all the best to you! I start tomorrow as well! Ready to get this party started!!!!!! haha probably won't be referring to it as a party in a couple weeks
    Shelly Eubanks

What are you wearing?
    www.MuscleThreadz.com

BB2K has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BB2K has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BB2K has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BB2K has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BB2K has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BB2K has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BB2K has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BB2K has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BB2K has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BB2K has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BB2K has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Good luck my love. This is going to be one fantastic journey for you. Im so proud of you for taking this challenge and i know youll give your all.

By the way.... I will win this thing

brad23 is just really nice. (+1000) brad23 is just really nice. (+1000) brad23 is just really nice. (+1000) brad23 is just really nice. (+1000) brad23 is just really nice. (+1000) brad23 is just really nice. (+1000) brad23 is just really nice. (+1000) brad23 is just really nice. (+1000) brad23 is just really nice. (+1000) brad23 is just really nice. (+1000) brad23 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Subbed! Go get girl! I don't want to be near yalls house the last weeks lol.
    [][][]ProMera Sports Rep[][][]

Bodybuilding.com

Special Offers:
    Buy 1x Con-Cret, Get 2x 8 Servings Free!!
    Buy 2x Pump-Extrem, Get 1x Free!!

Subscribe to Cret-Nation Community
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=159699471

Originally Posted by brad23 View Post
    Subbed! Go get girl! I don't want to be near yalls house the last weeks lol.
    Thanks! Our house is always crazy, I can't imagine what the next 12 weeks will be like, especially towards the last couple weeks! Should be interesting!! haha!!!
    Shelly Eubanks

What are you wearing?
    www.MuscleThreadz.com

auntielingo is just really nice. (+1000) auntielingo is just really nice. (+1000) auntielingo is just really nice. (+1000) auntielingo is just really nice. (+1000) auntielingo is just really nice. (+1000) auntielingo is just really nice. (+1000) auntielingo is just really nice. (+1000) auntielingo is just really nice. (+1000) auntielingo is just really nice. (+1000) auntielingo is just really nice. (+1000) auntielingo is just really nice. (+1000)
    Yay! You guys have such an interesting story--I really enjoy finding out about people.
    I've never been ripped before either, so this will be so exciting seeing what unfolds. Good luck!

Originally Posted by BB2K View Post
    Good luck my love. This is going to be one fantastic journey for you. Im so proud of you for taking this challenge and i know youll give your all.

By the way.... I will win this thing
    Thank you for all the support! I love you, just remember that when I kick your butt!!!!
    Shelly Eubanks

What are you wearing?
    www.MuscleThreadz.com

Originally Posted by auntielingo View Post
    Yay! You guys have such an interesting story--I really enjoy finding out about people.
    I've never been ripped before either, so this will be so exciting seeing what unfolds. Good luck!
    Thanks!!

Off topic but here's a lil more about us and how we met, thanks to Bodybuilding.com
    http://www.mywedding.com/matthewandshelly/stories.html
    Shelly Eubanks

What are you wearing?
    www.MuscleThreadz.com

auntielingo is just really nice. (+1000) auntielingo is just really nice. (+1000) auntielingo is just really nice. (+1000) auntielingo is just really nice. (+1000) auntielingo is just really nice. (+1000) auntielingo is just really nice. (+1000) auntielingo is just really nice. (+1000) auntielingo is just really nice. (+1000) auntielingo is just really nice. (+1000) auntielingo is just really nice. (+1000) auntielingo is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by MomGettingFit View Post
    Thanks!!

Off topic but here's a lil more about us and how we met, thanks to Bodybuilding.com
    http://www.mywedding.com/matthewandshelly/stories.html
    That's so sweet, and pretty amazing that you recognized him. I met my husband when we shared a cubicle at work--not so amazing.

bherrod is on a distinguished road. (+10) bherrod is on a distinguished road. (+10) bherrod is on a distinguished road. (+10) bherrod is on a distinguished road. (+10) bherrod is on a distinguished road. (+10) bherrod is on a distinguished road. (+10) bherrod is on a distinguished road. (+10) bherrod is on a distinguished road. (+10) bherrod is on a distinguished road. (+10) bherrod is on a distinguished road. (+10) bherrod is on a distinguished road. (+10)

yay!

You sound like me.. exactly the same motivation I had for losing weight! I was about to turn 40! Didn't want to be fat and forty! You can so do this!! Looking forward to getting to know you and cheering you on! Great job getting your measurements on here. I need to do that tomorrow!

bherrod is on a distinguished road. (+10) bherrod is on a distinguished road. (+10) bherrod is on a distinguished road. (+10) bherrod is on a distinguished road. (+10) bherrod is on a distinguished road. (+10) bherrod is on a distinguished road. (+10) bherrod is on a distinguished road. (+10) bherrod is on a distinguished road. (+10) bherrod is on a distinguished road. (+10) bherrod is on a distinguished road. (+10) bherrod is on a distinguished road. (+10)

awesome

I see you are from KC. I was going to do a show there in Sept. Decided to wait to do November one in Omaha. We are pretty close. welll, i'm in Nebraska, about 4-5 hrs from KC here. I did the Warrior Dash down there last May. Cool to have another midwestern girl! I'm originally from SW Iowa .

adamarcher will become famous soon enough. (+50) adamarcher will become famous soon enough. (+50) adamarcher will become famous soon enough. (+50) adamarcher will become famous soon enough. (+50) adamarcher will become famous soon enough. (+50) adamarcher will become famous soon enough. (+50) adamarcher will become famous soon enough. (+50) adamarcher will become famous soon enough. (+50) adamarcher will become famous soon enough. (+50) adamarcher will become famous soon enough. (+50) adamarcher will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Looks good, get out there and kill it!

SupremeMMA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SupremeMMA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SupremeMMA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SupremeMMA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SupremeMMA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SupremeMMA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SupremeMMA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SupremeMMA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SupremeMMA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SupremeMMA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SupremeMMA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Nice, looks like Matt has some strong competition. Good luck!

MrsHH is on a distinguished road. (+10) MrsHH is on a distinguished road. (+10) MrsHH is on a distinguished road. (+10) MrsHH is on a distinguished road. (+10) MrsHH is on a distinguished road. (+10) MrsHH is on a distinguished road. (+10) MrsHH is on a distinguished road. (+10) MrsHH is on a distinguished road. (+10) MrsHH is on a distinguished road. (+10) MrsHH is on a distinguished road. (+10) MrsHH is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Subbed! It's so amazing that you are both able to do this together. I'm a little jealous that you have some insight having watched the hubs go through it! But the fact that you know what he went through and still want to do it is amazing in itself! Happy First Day of Hell!
    Being RIPPED AS HELL is only 12 weeks away!

Follow my journey - http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=147243523

Registered User Achuislemochroi's Avatar
    Achuislemochroi will become famous soon enough. (+50) Achuislemochroi will become famous soon enough. (+50) Achuislemochroi will become famous soon enough. (+50) Achuislemochroi will become famous soon enough. (+50) Achuislemochroi will become famous soon enough. (+50) Achuislemochroi will become famous soon enough. (+50) Achuislemochroi will become famous soon enough. (+50) Achuislemochroi will become famous soon enough. (+50) Achuislemochroi will become famous soon enough. (+50) Achuislemochroi will become famous soon enough. (+50) Achuislemochroi will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    You know I have to follow ya with both you and your husband in the same contest! lol That in itself should be interesting enough, not to mention your drive and positive attitude. I definitely look forward to your transformation, Shelly. Let's pave our way through Hell and come out brutally ripped on the other side!

Originally Posted by bherrod View Post
    You sound like me.. exactly the same motivation I had for losing weight! I was about to turn 40! Didn't want to be fat and forty! You can so do this!! Looking forward to getting to know you and cheering you on! Great job getting your measurements on here. I need to do that tomorrow!
    YES I'm excited to turn 40! Always dreaded it, thought that was so old, but now that I'm upon it and feeling better than I ever have, I can't wait!! I'm going to rock my 40's! So awesome to have another lady that's been in my shoes doing this along with us. You look amazing by the way!! I hope to one day walk on stage

I see you are from KC. I was going to do a show there in Sept. Decided to wait to do November one in Omaha. We are pretty close. welll, i'm in Nebraska, about 4-5 hrs from KC here. I did the Warrior Dash down there last May. Cool to have another midwestern girl! I'm originally from SW Iowa .
    YES we have some friends doing that show! There's another one in Oct. That's the one my husband is doing. It's the NPC All Stars. The promotors of the show are awesome.
    Shelly Eubanks

What are you wearing?
    www.MuscleThreadz.com

Originally Posted by adamarcher View Post
    Looks good, get out there and kill it!
    Thank you!!!!

Originally Posted by SupremeMMA View Post
    Nice, looks like Matt has some strong competition. Good luck!
    Oh yeah, he's one tough competitor but I've learned from the best (him) so he better watch out
    Shelly Eubanks

What are you wearing?
    www.MuscleThreadz.com

Originally Posted by MrsHH View Post
    Subbed! It's so amazing that you are both able to do this together. I'm a little jealous that you have some insight having watched the hubs go through it! But the fact that you know what he went through and still want to do it is amazing in itself! Happy First Day of Hell!
    Thank you!!!! Trust me, I still have a LOT to learn. The HRT program is brutal! I played around with it a bit when he was doing it and it kicked my butt. So I know going full force with it, will be insane! Looking forward to seeing what it will do to my body tho!!

Originally Posted by Achuislemochroi View Post
    You know I have to follow ya with both you and your husband in the same contest! lol That in itself should be interesting enough, not to mention your drive and positive attitude. I definitely look forward to your transformation, Shelly. Let's pave our way through Hell and come out brutally ripped on the other side!
    It should be interesting in my house for sure! For the most part we get along very well, but we've never been on a cut diet before and training this intense together, so it's going to be interesting to see what comes. I'm sure there will be times we are ready to throw the other out the window. Haha!!! But for the most part we are pretty supportive of each other and I think by doing this together, it will be easier as we won't have each other to tempt into going out to eat or drink when we aren't supposed to All joking aside though, Matthew truly is my biggest supporter, he pushes me when I need it and I'm thankful to have him by my side during the next 12 weeks! BUT make no doubts about it, this is STILL a competition and I plan on giving my all and kicking his butt in the end!!
    Shelly Eubanks

What are you wearing?
    www.MuscleThreadz.com

ggfusion will become famous soon enough. (+50) ggfusion will become famous soon enough. (+50) ggfusion will become famous soon enough. (+50) ggfusion will become famous soon enough. (+50) ggfusion will become famous soon enough. (+50) ggfusion will become famous soon enough. (+50) ggfusion will become famous soon enough. (+50) ggfusion will become famous soon enough. (+50) ggfusion will become famous soon enough. (+50) ggfusion will become famous soon enough. (+50) ggfusion will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Thats awesome! best of luck to you! SuB!
    If I can do it, you can do it! Now get up and do something! IT'S GO TIME!

I am a firm believer and Proof that the Hellraiser method works, and I am just getting started!

Want to know more about Hellraiser Training?

Check out the forum: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/forumdisplay.php?f=573

Check out the videos: http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/hrt-animal-hellraiser-trainer-series-overview.html

Originally Posted by ggfusion View Post
    Thats awesome! best of luck to you! SuB!
    Thanks man, glad to have you following along!
    Shelly Eubanks

What are you wearing?
    www.MuscleThreadz.com

Originally Posted by MomGettingFit View Post
    YES I'm excited to turn 40! Always dreaded it, thought that was so old, but now that I'm upon it and feeling better than I ever have, I can't wait!! I'm going to rock my 40's! So awesome to have another lady that's been in my shoes doing this along with us. You look amazing by the way!! I hope to one day walk on stage

YES we have some friends doing that show! There's another one in Oct. That's the one my husband is doing. It's the NPC All Stars. The promotors of the show are awesome.
    Sweet! SO who promotes the Oct NPC show? Only ones I really know are the Titones from St Louis. This will be great motivation for your hubby. You are so lucky you guys are both doing this contest! awesome to have a partner..

Shelley... you are gonna do awesome!!! Great job getting those pics done! You will be sOOOOOO glad you took them . You will be SOOO amazed at the changes your body will make!
    Have you seen my before pics in my bodyspace? I totally carried the weight in my lower body and still do struggle there too. I've had cellulite since I was in jr high! Love how getting lean and ripped can minimize it though. Love getting rid of the toxins! The abs respond really well to clean eating... YAY! We are so gonna DO THIS!

jeffersd702 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jeffersd702 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Good luck Look forward to following

Sweet! SO who promotes the Oct NPC show? Only ones I really know are the Titones from St Louis. This will be great motivation for your hubby. You are so lucky you guys are both doing this contest! awesome to have a partner..
    Chad Nicols (sp) and his wife Kim. They also do Muscle Mayhem which is a big show that is here in June. The last show my husband did was the Titones show in St. Louis. He's looking forward to doing this next one, will be much easier too since it's right here and we won't have to worry about packing, traveling, etc.
    Shelly Eubanks

What are you wearing?
    www.MuscleThreadz.com

Shelley... you are gonna do awesome!!! Great job getting those pics done! You will be sOOOOOO glad you took them . You will be SOOO amazed at the changes your body will make!
    Have you seen my before pics in my bodyspace? I totally carried the weight in my lower body and still do struggle there too. I've had cellulite since I was in jr high! Love how getting lean and ripped can minimize it though. Love getting rid of the toxins! The abs respond really well to clean eating... YAY! We are so gonna DO THIS!
    THANK YOU!!! That means a lot to me! and YES I saw your before pics! YOU have done an AMAZING job!!! I can't wait to have those "after pics" too
    Shelly Eubanks

What are you wearing?
    www.MuscleThreadz.com

mcraig31 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mcraig31 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mcraig31 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mcraig31 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mcraig31 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mcraig31 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mcraig31 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mcraig31 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mcraig31 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mcraig31 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mcraig31 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    That is a great story... Best of luck!

Originally Posted by mcraig31 View Post
    That is a great story... Best of luck!
    Thank you!
    Shelly Eubanks

What are you wearing?
    www.MuscleThreadz.com

adamarcher will become famous soon enough. (+50) adamarcher will become famous soon enough. (+50) adamarcher will become famous soon enough. (+50) adamarcher will become famous soon enough. (+50) adamarcher will become famous soon enough. (+50) adamarcher will become famous soon enough. (+50) adamarcher will become famous soon enough. (+50) adamarcher will become famous soon enough. (+50) adamarcher will become famous soon enough. (+50) adamarcher will become famous soon enough. (+50) adamarcher will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Looks good so far, keep going at it! Great job.
    ~Eat big, lift big, sleep big, BE BIG~

russ d will become famous soon enough. (+50) russ d will become famous soon enough. (+50) russ d will become famous soon enough. (+50) russ d will become famous soon enough. (+50) russ d will become famous soon enough. (+50) russ d will become famous soon enough. (+50) russ d will become famous soon enough. (+50) russ d will become famous soon enough. (+50) russ d will become famous soon enough. (+50) russ d will become famous soon enough. (+50) russ d will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Subbed.good luck.