rynanca is on a distinguished road. (+10) rynanca is on a distinguished road. (+10) rynanca is on a distinguished road. (+10) rynanca is on a distinguished road. (+10) rynanca is on a distinguished road. (+10) rynanca is on a distinguished road. (+10) rynanca is on a distinguished road. (+10) rynanca is on a distinguished road. (+10) rynanca is on a distinguished road. (+10) rynanca is on a distinguished road. (+10) rynanca is on a distinguished road. (+10)

NO SLEEP using MP Assault. Any ideas?

Hey everyone,

So I took about a 1.5 month layoff from supps to cycle my body off of them. Coming back I decided to try out MP Assault because the overall profile really impressed me. I love the taste and I love what it does in the gym but I get absolutely no sleep at all.

Day 1: Took it at 9pm at night after work. Came home 2hrs later, body exhausted and all, went to bed and stayed up literally the next 24hrs until it was time to go to sleep the next night. I even tried taking naps during that following day but my mind just kept racing and wouldn't let me fall asleep.

Day 2: Took it at 8am (morning) and did my workout before work. Come night time my body is exhausted, even my wife says I should get some sleep because I looked terrible, but I still couldn't fall asleep until around 3am. Waking up at 6am that morning, that nearly put me at another 24hrs with lack of sleep. I swear I counted thousands of sheep last night and I could feel my mind trying to fall asleep but something fighting it at the same time. I even took some ZMA pills and that didn't help.

This isn't my first pre-supp. I've taken White Flood v1/v2, Pre-Surge Unleashed, Jack3d, AllMax, Hemavol, Intek Evolution, all following the same 1 month cycle off the previous supp and none of them have ever had this effect on me. I've taken other pre-supps as late at 10pm before but they've never prevented me from getting a full nights sleep or never caused me to stay up for the next 24 hrs. I'd really like to continue taking Assault because I really love what it does for me in the gym, but if it causes me to lose this much sleep then I'm going back to White Flood.

Please help or advise.
    Last edited by rynanca; 01-12-2012 at 12:08 PM.

Is Sly in Training little rambo's Avatar
    little rambo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) little rambo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) little rambo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) little rambo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) little rambo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) little rambo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) little rambo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) little rambo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) little rambo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) little rambo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) little rambo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I definitely wouldn't attribute that to Assault. After the first scenario (taking it at 9 PM) I was thinking the caffeine could have obviously kept you up slightly longer than desired, but after an 8 AM workout and still experiencing the same effects I find it hard to link to Assault. Sounds like your getting really run down so my advice would be to rest when you can, take some naps, go to bed earlier, and mainly try to destress.
    REDCON1 BIG NOISE! Log https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=175308671

SupremeMMA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SupremeMMA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SupremeMMA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SupremeMMA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SupremeMMA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SupremeMMA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SupremeMMA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SupremeMMA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SupremeMMA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SupremeMMA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SupremeMMA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Are you using more than 1/2 scoop?

SupremeMMA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SupremeMMA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SupremeMMA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SupremeMMA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SupremeMMA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SupremeMMA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SupremeMMA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SupremeMMA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SupremeMMA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SupremeMMA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SupremeMMA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by little rambo View Post
    I definitely wouldn't attribute that to Assault. After the first scenario (taking it at 9 PM) I was thinking the caffeine could have obviously kept you up slightly longer than desired, but after an 8 AM workout and still experiencing the same effects I find it hard to link to Assault. Sounds like your getting really run down so my advice would be to rest when you can, take some naps, go to bed earlier, and mainly try to destress.
    lol... every time I post there is one from you right before it. I'm admiring your ninja skills.

rynanca is on a distinguished road. (+10) rynanca is on a distinguished road. (+10) rynanca is on a distinguished road. (+10) rynanca is on a distinguished road. (+10) rynanca is on a distinguished road. (+10) rynanca is on a distinguished road. (+10) rynanca is on a distinguished road. (+10) rynanca is on a distinguished road. (+10) rynanca is on a distinguished road. (+10) rynanca is on a distinguished road. (+10) rynanca is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by SupremeMMA View Post
    Are you using more than 1/2 scoop?
    No, just taking the normal 1/2 scoop as suggested. Also, if I could make a suggestion: Make the scooper size an actual "1 serving" size or put some type of halfway indicator on the current scooper.

Originally Posted by little rambo View Post
    What I'll probably do is use Hemavol until my body gets used to a 10pm - 6am sleeping schedule (so I can workout in the mornings) then try again. Previously I would be going to sleep around 1-2am and waking up at 10am for work at 11am.

mandimeoutof10 is a name known to all. (+5000) mandimeoutof10 is a name known to all. (+5000) mandimeoutof10 is a name known to all. (+5000) mandimeoutof10 is a name known to all. (+5000) mandimeoutof10 is a name known to all. (+5000) mandimeoutof10 is a name known to all. (+5000) mandimeoutof10 is a name known to all. (+5000) mandimeoutof10 is a name known to all. (+5000) mandimeoutof10 is a name known to all. (+5000) mandimeoutof10 is a name known to all. (+5000) mandimeoutof10 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Came in to say it was directly related to the stims and in the first case, I do believe that is the case. However, if I'm not mistaken the half life of caffeine is around 5 hours so unless you are EXTREMELY sensitive to caffeine, I doubt taking it at 8am would effect your sleep that night. Probably something else. GLOP!
    ***ETAC***
    Sponsored by Team Rustletech
    2k+ link

gymrat53 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gymrat53 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gymrat53 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gymrat53 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gymrat53 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gymrat53 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gymrat53 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gymrat53 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gymrat53 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gymrat53 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gymrat53 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    they do it on purpose so you have to buy bulletproof. its called marketing brah.
    Kush & OJ

"I have no special talents. I am only passionately curious."

BRB boosting AMPk

jxm26 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jxm26 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jxm26 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jxm26 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jxm26 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jxm26 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jxm26 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jxm26 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jxm26 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jxm26 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jxm26 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    white flood and assault do this to me...i love taking them but i cant cause itll keep me up all night

Originally Posted by gymrat53 View Post
    they do it on purpose so you have to buy bulletproof. its called marketing brah.
    LOL, I looked into bulletproof last night and it's just a glorified ZMA which I tried taking last night and did nothing for me.

gymrat53 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gymrat53 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gymrat53 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gymrat53 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gymrat53 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gymrat53 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gymrat53 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gymrat53 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gymrat53 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gymrat53 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gymrat53 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    its the astragalus extract makes everything super absorbable and lengthens the half life of everything including the caffeine. Plus all that arginine it is super saturating your muscles with is making them want to workout and not sleep. Don't fight it just lift.
    Kush & OJ

"I have no special talents. I am only passionately curious."

BRB boosting AMPk

JaredMTyler is on a distinguished road. (+10) JaredMTyler is on a distinguished road. (+10) JaredMTyler is on a distinguished road. (+10) JaredMTyler is on a distinguished road. (+10) JaredMTyler is on a distinguished road. (+10) JaredMTyler is on a distinguished road. (+10) JaredMTyler is on a distinguished road. (+10) JaredMTyler is on a distinguished road. (+10) JaredMTyler is on a distinguished road. (+10) JaredMTyler is on a distinguished road. (+10) JaredMTyler is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I experience the same thing. I've been taking N.O Explode for months. Take it around 5:30pm and go to bed around 11pm. I switched to Assault and I'm up until 2am at least. Using same amount of product on both. Really disappointing I just bought a tub of Assault and I can only use it on the weekends when I workout in the AM.

Quando omni flunkus.. XxBlackout's Avatar
    XxBlackout is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) XxBlackout is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) XxBlackout is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) XxBlackout is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) XxBlackout is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) XxBlackout is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) XxBlackout is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) XxBlackout is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) XxBlackout is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) XxBlackout is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) XxBlackout is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    It must vary per person.

I work night shift and take Assault when I get home in the mornings then go to the gym. I don't have any trouble sleeping all day long after working out on Assault...
    ** KNEE DRAGGERS UNITE **

Danes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Danes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Danes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Danes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Danes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Danes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Danes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Danes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Danes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Danes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Danes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by XxBlackout View Post
    It must vary per person.

I work night shift and take Assault when I get home in the mornings then go to the gym. I don't have any trouble sleeping all day long after working out on Assault...
    that is true. we respond defferently. my advice is,switch to another supp that you like and dont mess with your sleep.that this better than continue using supplement and forcing your body to get used to it
    100% natural and proud of it! (No PH's,DS's,AAS, etc.)

From 135 lbs to 227 lbs (naturaly and with severe obstructive sleep apnea)
    Even with poor sleep you can gain thanks to quality food and good workout plan

Enix is on a distinguished road. (+10) Enix is on a distinguished road. (+10) Enix is on a distinguished road. (+10) Enix is on a distinguished road. (+10) Enix is on a distinguished road. (+10) Enix is on a distinguished road. (+10) Enix is on a distinguished road. (+10) Enix is on a distinguished road. (+10) Enix is on a distinguished road. (+10) Enix is on a distinguished road. (+10) Enix is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Yeh, I wouldn't attribute day 2 to Assault. Seek medical advice.

Sarumyan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sarumyan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sarumyan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sarumyan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sarumyan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sarumyan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sarumyan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sarumyan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sarumyan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sarumyan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sarumyan will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Same story here. Keeps me energetic whole day and most of the night. I took full scoop though, so that might be the reason. Didn't have those issues with NO explode before. I will just soldier on and wait till I get less sensitive to it. Sorry for reviving thread.
    Rugby, Judo, Basketball, MMA Fighter Crew (4-0).
    80+ lbs lost crew
    UofT Biz Crew

Muneebmashadi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I actually googled this very same thing. Because I'm taking 1 full scoop of assault 30 minutes before workout. I go the gym at 7:30 and get done at 9:30. So I'm working out 2 hours a day 6 days a week. But I'm staying awake all night till the sun comes up. And its not only that I can't sleep and I'm awake. I'm not just awake. I'm WIDE awake. At 5 a.m. Normally I would fall asleep at around 6 a.m. but if I force myself to stay away awake till the next night, I would experience a crash before 9 a.m. So there's no way it can happen. Otherwisr I might hit a wall. I have my summer vacations now but they'll be over starting september. I'm definitely ditching pre workouts for good. Arnold never took them, I'm not going to either. And yes, I am following Arnold's blueprint for mass. F**k assault. It doesnt make me train like an animal in the gym and keeps me awake all night. I'm better off with good old 2g of creatine hcl.

llahhsoj has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) llahhsoj has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) llahhsoj has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) llahhsoj has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) llahhsoj has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) llahhsoj has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) llahhsoj has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) llahhsoj has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) llahhsoj has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) llahhsoj has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) llahhsoj has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by Muneebmashadi View Post
    I actually googled this very same thing. Because I'm taking 1 full scoop of assault 30 minutes before workout. I go the gym at 7:30 and get done at 9:30. So I'm working out 2 hours a day 6 days a week. But I'm staying awake all night till the sun comes up. And its not only that I can't sleep and I'm awake. I'm not just awake. I'm WIDE awake. At 5 a.m. Normally I would fall asleep at around 6 a.m. but if I force myself to stay away awake till the next night, I would experience a crash before 9 a.m. So there's no way it can happen. Otherwisr I might hit a wall. I have my summer vacations now but they'll be over starting september. I'm definitely ditching pre workouts for good. Arnold never took them, I'm not going to either. And yes, I am following Arnold's blueprint for mass. F**k assault. It doesnt make me train like an animal in the gym and keeps me awake all night. I'm better off with good old 2g of creatine hcl.
    It is the stimulants in the product that is keep you awake. A nonstimulant preworkout such as High Volume or Hemavol are two good ones to look into. Both won't give you the same kick as a stimulant one though. Trainig in the morning is also another option.