bbl92 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Working on just upper body? Need advice.

I'm new to body building so I'm sorry if this sounds a little stupid.

Basically, I've been going to the gym for the past month or so 4 times a week. My gym is a 35 minute walk from my flat - I walk there and back.

I've been focusing on weights and I do no cardio at the gym (I count walking to the gym as my cardio workout). I'm not a fan of muscular legs so I'm just wondering, do you think my body would look a little out of proportion if I concentrated on my upper body and did nothing else? (abs, shoulders, chest, back e.g.)

I have muscles in my legs due to walking pretty much everywhere I go and I'm quite happy how they are!

pumplikecuming is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pumplikecuming is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pumplikecuming is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pumplikecuming is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pumplikecuming is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pumplikecuming is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pumplikecuming is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pumplikecuming is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pumplikecuming is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pumplikecuming is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pumplikecuming is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    If you were to post pics I can almost gurantee your legs are not as big as you may think. Everyone always posts "My legs are too big and I don't want them to get bigger".

It's not really easy to get big legs, but regardless...legs are an important muscle to train. Squats and deadlifts as well as their variations burn the most amount of calories...you also do no cardio so legs are that much more important.

Last, from a males perspective, nice legs and ass (which you will get from squatting) are the sexiest things a female can have.

megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    ^^agreed. I used I be called monster legs back in high school but once I reduced my BF to the low teens I realized how scrawny they look. Not as big as I thought they were.

Hit them once a week with squats or leg press with moderate weights and rep range (10 to 20) and maybe some weighted lunges. Don't completely neglect them. An ill proportioned body is worse than having "bulky" legs, IMHO.
    Coming out of "retirement"...Meg is training for a Figure competition...again!!!
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=171008551&pagenumber=

My first ever training journal: Oh snap....Meg-O's training for a Figure comp...
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=139228463

bbl92 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Ok! Thanks for the advice guys.

I'll work on them

kimm4 has the mod powerz kimm4 has the mod powerz kimm4 has the mod powerz kimm4 has the mod powerz kimm4 has the mod powerz kimm4 has the mod powerz kimm4 has the mod powerz kimm4 has the mod powerz kimm4 has the mod powerz kimm4 has the mod powerz kimm4 has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by pumplikecuming View Post
    If you were to post pics I can almost gurantee your legs are not as big as you may think. Everyone always posts "My legs are too big and I don't want them to get bigger".

It's not really easy to get big legs, but regardless...legs are an important muscle to train. Squats and deadlifts as well as their variations burn the most amount of calories...you also do no cardio so legs are that much more important.

Last, from a males perspective, nice legs and ass (which you will get from squatting) are the sexiest things a female can have.
    Agreed.^^

It's important to create overall muscle balance and strong posterior chain. Training legs is an important part of a well rounded, training program.
    National Level Competitor (Female BB)

Yet a fluffy MarshMallow Ma110W's Avatar
    Ma110W is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ma110W is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ma110W is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ma110W is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ma110W is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ma110W is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ma110W is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ma110W is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ma110W is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ma110W is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ma110W is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Do your legs jiggle? Or spread out a lot when you sit down? Because if they do, then your legs are more fat than muscle, and training them will only make them look better.

My legs used to be tiny, but they were jiggly. I didn't like the look of muscular legs when I first started training either, but I trained them anyway. Now I'd kill to have crazy muscular legs. I mean they're decent, but I want them bigger.

As Pump said, strong tight firm looking legs and butt are very very sexy on a woman. Also, it takes a lot of time to put a good amount of muscle on your legs, so train them, and then reassess what you want. I can guarantee you that your legs wont explode and become hulk like overnight, or in a month.