Closed Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    PapaPumpkin is on a distinguished road. (+10) PapaPumpkin is on a distinguished road. (+10) PapaPumpkin is on a distinguished road. (+10) PapaPumpkin is on a distinguished road. (+10) PapaPumpkin is on a distinguished road. (+10) PapaPumpkin is on a distinguished road. (+10) PapaPumpkin is on a distinguished road. (+10) PapaPumpkin is on a distinguished road. (+10) PapaPumpkin is on a distinguished road. (+10) PapaPumpkin is on a distinguished road. (+10) PapaPumpkin is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Gally it seems you haven't read his posts at all.. Everything you posted he addressed already, lol.

Gally94 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gally94 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gally94 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gally94 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gally94 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gally94 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gally94 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gally94 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gally94 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gally94 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gally94 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by PapaPumpkin View Post
    Gally it seems you haven't read his posts at all
    Obviously not. I stand corrected, I got the wrong impression of Doc Bermant. Anyone who dedicates his self to a cause deserves mad respect.

My way of informing the public is helping iut dudes with gyno that have the same mannerisms I did, like pulling on their shirts, etc. that there is a way to fix the prob. I know of one guy that already got the surgery and one is saving up. I didnt know surgery was an option till I was about 19. if only I had known!

Johny333 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Same Problem

Hey guys, I'm 14 and I have the exact same problem. I'm only around 120 lbs and I'm pretty skinny. So how do I get rid of just the fat underneath my nipples?
    I am really embarrassed by them because they are so abnormally large and I need to get rid of them.

DrBermant will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrBermant will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrBermant will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrBermant will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrBermant will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrBermant will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrBermant will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrBermant will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrBermant will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrBermant will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrBermant will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Johny333 View Post
    Hey guys, I'm 14 and I have the exact same problem. I'm only around 120 lbs and I'm pretty skinny. So how do I get rid of just the fat underneath my nipples?
    I am really embarrassed by them because they are so abnormally large and I need to get rid of them.
    This should not be construed as medical advice. I am a retired Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. At the age of 14, that is something to discuss with your parents, if they agree, there are resources to explore with them such as the discussion below:

The Puffy Nipple Anatomy always consists of Fat, Gland, and Skin: Always. Feeling the tissue does not differentiate between fat and gland. While fat tends to be soft and gland firm, fat can be firm and gland soft.

Gynecomastia usually does go away on its own for the vast majority of sufferers. But what has not gone away after 2 years rarely goes away on its own. How Old Before Considering Surgery for Gynecomastia addresses that issue about making young suffer unnecessarily years and why I operated for stable gynecomastia on young patients that was not going away. Tender and painful gynecomastia are Gynecomastia Symptoms often indicating instability when not caused by other factors like trauma of pinching to try to make them go away.

It was also why I took the time to demonstrate the power of the BodyShaping Garment to contour the body without surgery while waiting for the body to stabilize through hormonal changes and or weight loss. That was the option I recommened for my patients for instance who just started suffering from the enlargement over the past few months, vs taking a 14 year old who had the gynecomastia for several years, was no longer tender and making that individual suffer years more before contouring them. That is why going to your parents and together using the resources I have posted can be a valuable learning experience. Check out together my Teenager Gynecomastia Gallery and the links below:

I posted more details here:

Originally Posted by DrBermant View Post
    Puffy Nipple Gynecomastia can be quite distressing. I saw so many patients unhappy with this contour I added many years ago a Puffy Nipple Gynecomastia Gallery. When body fat was not the factor, and the problem was stable, then surgery became the best tool I had to offer. Body Shaping Garments were a tool used to temporize for those waiting to lose weight, stabilize a problem, or wait until they could afford surgery. It is a specific enough problem that I added a Puffy Nipple Forum separate section for those wanting to share their experiences and concerns with others having similar issues.
    Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
    Retired Plastic Surgeon
    Learn More About Gynecomastia and Male Breast Reduction
    Michael Bermant, MD
    Board Certified
    American Board of Plastic Surgery
    http://www.PlasticSurgery4U.com

Thanks.

Thanks! A lot of the other comments were saying to lose body fat. Would that speed up the process of losing them? Or make them flatter?

DrBermant will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrBermant will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrBermant will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrBermant will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrBermant will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrBermant will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrBermant will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrBermant will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrBermant will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrBermant will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrBermant will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Thanks! A lot of the other comments were saying to lose body fat. Would that speed up the process of losing them? Or make them flatter?
    This should not be construed as medical advice. I am a retired Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.

When fat is a significant component of the contour, then losing weight becomes a better option than surgery. Surgery on an obese individual is a poor option, when weight loss is a better first tool. For someone with unstable gynecomastia, getting the problem stabilized becomes the first step. A recommendation for weight loss on someone with very little body fat is also of little value. The problem with advice online is that first, most do not have expertise in the subject. It is kind of like how Do You Pick a Plastic Surgeon, in reading forum posts: how do you evaluate the credentials or validity of someone posting online.

Second there is not enough information to make an appropriate recommendation. When I saw a 14 year old patient with his parents, there were many details I collected before rendering a recommendation. That is an extensive process, that you and your parents can learn about on the links I have provided.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
    Retired Plastic Surgeon
    Michael Bermant, MD
    Board Certified

k1ng94 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hi I'm 18 years old and I have had puffy nips since I was 14. Taking into account what was stated "they should normally disappear after two years".. but they haven't. I'm only 18 so I'm not exactly thinking about surgery, I'm 6ft 3" and weigh 146 pounds, I'm not fat, I'm probably even under weight according to BMI but still have enlarged puffy nipples. It's really hard to tell whether it's fat behind my nips or whether it's gland. It's really embarrasing and I would like some advice please.

lilbismygod has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) lilbismygod has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) lilbismygod has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) lilbismygod has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) lilbismygod has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) lilbismygod has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) lilbismygod has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) lilbismygod has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) lilbismygod has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) lilbismygod has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) lilbismygod has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    i dont want to hijack your thread but, i have puffy nipples sometimes and other times they are both hard and dark, and other times only one of them is puffy and the other is hard? why is this?

Fat.

I'm not fat either... And I can lactate which is also very weird. Is there still a way of getting rid of the puffy nips if I have male breasts?

Originally Posted by k1ng94 View Post
    Hi I'm 18 years old and I have had puffy nips since I was 14. Taking into account what was stated "they should normally disappear after two years"..
    This should not be construed as medical advice. I am a retired Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.

That is not what I said and quite illogical. Breasts, female male (gynecomastia) respond fairly quickly to hormonal stimulation. For women, menstrual breast enlargement is transient, not lasting 2 years before it goes down. Men who experience a hormonal imbalance with prohormones or other pharmacological alterations, the swelling is also usually temporary, for most. But during pubertal gynecomastia, the stimulation phase is longer. What does not resolve by 2 years typically does not. Totally different. The same happens for longer hormonal stimulation of the by any mechanism. That is why you can read about those seeing relief perhaps after the first cycle, but then it did not go go down as well for the next and so forth.

Originally Posted by k1ng94 View Post
    but they haven't. I'm only 18 so I'm not exactly thinking about surgery, I'm 6ft 3" and weigh 146 pounds, I'm not fat, I'm probably even under weight according to BMI but still have enlarged puffy nipples. It's really hard to tell whether it's fat behind my nips or whether it's gland. It's really embarrasing and I would like some advice please.
    Advice is best left to someone who can evaluate the entire situation. I outline such a methodology and approach to this problem here: Gynecomastia Forum Resources & Introduction. Check out a summary about Causes, Diagnosis, and Treatment. Someone proposing a plan without knowing the specific issues pertinent to that particular individual, is not worth listening to. Options typically include, finding the cause and reversing it if the gland is still in a swollen stimulated state. If fat, losing weight. If gland and stable, then the options become living with it, BodyShaping Garments for transient contour relief, or surgery. But before believing in some magic treatment option, learn how to evaluate before and after pictures to verify claims of success. You will note, that even for the garment option, I provide before and after documentation.

Originally Posted by lilbismygod View Post
    i dont want to hijack your thread but, i have puffy nipples sometimes and other times they are both hard and dark, and other times only one of them is puffy and the other is hard? why is this?
    There is a Thin Muscle Just Under the Areola That Can Flatten Puffy Nipples when stimulated. Once relaxed, the true contour deformity again is revealed. Check out the actual demonstration of this effect.

I'm not fat either... And I can lactate which is also very weird. Is there still a way of getting rid of the puffy nips if I have male breasts?
    Male Nipple Discharge is not normal. If true lactation, this is one Symptom of Gynecomastia gland hormonal stimulation. That link includes an example of black nipple discharge, also wrong, but cleared up on its own. There is normal fluid from someone squeezing their nipple regions too hard, tissue juice can be traumatically expressed from that region. But the forces are nothing like needed for lactating gland to express milk. Male lactation was a major Red Flag for Endocrinology evaluation in my practice.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
    Retired Plastic Surgeon
    Last edited by DrBermant; 09-12-2012 at 03:53 PM.
    Michael Bermant, MD
    Board Certified

My nips

Mine only give off the clear liquid if I squeeze them. So In 2 years they should be completely gone?
    And can the doctors actually do anything for me?

bigguy1981 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bigguy1981 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bigguy1981 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bigguy1981 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bigguy1981 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bigguy1981 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bigguy1981 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bigguy1981 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Dude..Go to Indian Spice Shop.. Get a Spice called Asafoetida..Cost 50p..

Originally Posted by Gobster View Post
    Hi there

does anyone else out thier have the same problem as me, i have puffy nipples like nearly most of the time, apart from when i come out of the shower of when i am cold

im not sure what the problem is , my nipples are exceedingly large to is thier any ways to reduce this

is this a fat problem or somethin else

i think i have mild gyno but not serious enough for surgury.

i do chest once a week in order to tone them and only see gains when i tense...

advise please

thanks
    Dude..

Pls Try this.. Im not gonna talk Blah Blah Blah .. but ..like i said..
    go to indian spice shop in your city and get spice called Asafoetida...Cost 50p...
    Tea spoon in Water , milk , or Cooked in stews Veggies Rice...

If your Puffy Nipples...Does not go Away .. and Change Your Life... Iam a Loser... :-)
    I Swear to God.. Get Well and Thank me When You Will..Get Well...
    Best Regards

Mine only give off the clear liquid if I squeeze them. So In 2 years they should be completely gone?
    And can the doctors actually do anything for me?
    How sad, again I never said

So In 2 years they should be completely gone?

but I already answered that. I have also given you links to hundreds of pages of examples where doctors, myself, endocrinologists and others have helped patients we took care of. As also pointed out in the above answer, options for what may or may not be possible must be determined by much more information to see what is wrong. There were cases I was not able to help. One such example was this Extended Crater Deformity After Bad Revision Surgery Done by New York Surgeon. There were other problems surgery was not suitable for such as growing gynecomastia that could not be stopped by Endocrinologists. Here is an extended discussion about that topic: Gynecomastia Revision Forum - Should Surgery Prevent Recurrence? Growing Again. So that is why someone trying to treat a forum poster with specific treatments makes no sense, the problem has not been defined. It is kind of like you will be happy buying this car. Which car? What are the parameters? Undefined problem => real answer not possible until defined.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
    Retired Plastic Surgeon
    Michael Bermant, MD
    Board Certified

Originally Posted by bigguy1981 View Post
    Dude..

Pls Try this.. Im not gonna talk Blah Blah Blah .. but ..like i said..
    go to indian spice shop in your city and get spice called Asafoetida...Cost 50p...
    Tea spoon in Water , milk , or Cooked in stews Veggies Rice...

If your Puffy Nipples...Does not go Away .. and Change Your Life... Iam a Loser... :-)
    I Swear to God.. Get Well and Thank me When You Will..Get Well...
    Best Regards

If something works, then it should be able to be proven that it works. To date I have never seen any spices or herbal remedies with acceptable proof. I have seen many products and hype about claims of results. But why can they not provide good before and after pictures. Here is the Standard Pictures to Document Gynecomastia I evolved to do just that.

I also love a specific cure for an undefined problem. There are so many different Causes for Gynecomastia, a one treatment cures all, sounds more like a snake oil scam or used car salesman saying it does not matter what you like or your needs, this car model is perfect for you.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
    Retired Plastic Surgeon
    Michael Bermant, MD
    Board Certified

MikeQooQ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    What worked for me:

My whole body is quite normal and i have always feld pretty ok about it, except for my nipples (it is definitely gyno, no doubt about that). I would rarely take my shirt of in the summer because it looked a little femanin to me. At the beach i would frequently take a dive into the sea so they would harden a little. When i was single and i would meet a girl i would frequently twist them so they would harden during sexytime. And at a party there where always people who would notice them and twist them,. I hate that actually, why would you ****ing do that

Anyway. I've been reading this thread and it's cool to hear some tips and experiences. Three things have worked for me although there is one that I'm sure of worked best. That is the standing fly (exercise). I do this with 15kilo (or max 20kilo) and one arm at a time. I do 25 right arm, 25 left arm, and repeat this 5 times every two days, along with my other excercises. I don't do that much weight with the standing fly because i feel like i want to burn it and not pump it. This is the only exercise where i can actually feel that the focus is around the spot where my nipple is. Since i started doing this i have seen dramatic change, until the point that i felt comfortable with taking my shirt of anywhere without twisting them.

The other two things are losing body fat (for me smaller meals at night and more cardio (running) did the trick) and drinking less (especially beer!!)

Hope it works out for anyone who reads this and I thank everyone for the tips

Originally Posted by MikeQooQ View Post
    What worked for me:

My whole body is quite normal and i have always feld pretty ok about it, except for my nipples (it is definitely gyno, no doubt about that). I would rarely take my shirt of in the summer because it looked a little femanin to me. At the beach i would frequently take a dive into the sea so they would harden a little. When i was single and i would meet a girl i would frequently twist them so they would harden during sexytime. And at a party there where always people who would notice them and twist them,. I hate that actually, why would you ****ing do that

Anyway. I've been reading this thread and it's cool to hear some tips and experiences. Three things have worked for me although there is one that I'm sure of worked best. That is the standing fly (exercise). I do this with 15kilo (or max 20kilo) and one arm at a time. I do 25 right arm, 25 left arm, and repeat this 5 times every two days, along with my other excercises. I don't do that much weight with the standing fly because i feel like i want to burn it and not pump it. This is the only exercise where i can actually feel that the focus is around the spot where my nipple is. Since i started doing this i have seen dramatic change, until the point that i felt comfortable with taking my shirt of anywhere without twisting them.

The other two things are losing body fat (for me smaller meals at night and more cardio (running) did the trick) and drinking less (especially beer!!)

Hope it works out for anyone who reads this and I thank everyone for the tips

I just updated my Standard Pictures to Document the Male Chest to try to emphasize that good contour photographic or videos are the way to prove a technique works. Whether surgery, dieting, bodybuilding, or medical management, actual sequential recordings of the progress are better than unsubstantiated verbal claims. I changed and evolved my views for gynecomastia and loose skin after wight loss. Why not contribute what views should be done for building specific body regions?

I have yet to see satisfactory proof for exercises to spot reduce fat. Exercising certainly will not reduce gland. Exercising is a great way to shape the body and assist with weight loss and control. Building muscles can fill loose skin after weight loss, but that is a theory and I would love to see someone demonstrate it with my standard photography or even better videos. There will be regions of success and failure. Loose abdominal skin just does not have muscles that can fill enough to expand like the chest and shoulders. The converse is also something I speculate. That aging and loose skin develops after lost muscle mass. i would love to see that documented.

I took care of many Bodybuilders with Gynecomastia. The most common complaint was as they built their muscles, what sat on top just got pushed out further. Why not post progress standard sets here or on the Gynecomastia Forum if specifically offering methods to manage male breasts. After so many years of looking for such options, it would be nice to see someone take the time to prove it: that goes for surgeons or magic pills.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
    Retired Plastic Surgeon
    Michael Bermant, MD
    Board Certified

k1ng94 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I recall something was said about retaining water... I can't remember whether it is better to retain or not.
    I don't want to retain thinking it's good then to later find out that I have been doing worse.
    Can someone answer please

curtisrocks90 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Unhappy Puffy niples

I am 14 around 5.7, 130 pounds and I'm under weight.I have fatty tissue under my niples, and I'm very active!!!?. I went to the docter about my puffy niples and they said it will go away but it's been like 2 months. I was wondering if there still is a chance they will go away, or will I need sergury to get the fatty tissue removed

Originally Posted by curtisrocks90 View Post
    I am 14 around 5.7, 130 pounds and I'm under weight.I have fatty tissue under my niples, and I'm very active!!!?. I went to the docter about my puffy niples and they said it will go away but it's been like 2 months. I was wondering if there still is a chance they will go away, or will I need sergury to get the fatty tissue removed
    This should not be construed as medical advice. I am a retired Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. At 14, this issue should be discussed with parents. Many have told me that my resources and links helped understand this problem and options.

I just answered a similar question: I am 16 Recently Got Gyno Will It Go Away? with a good bit of detail and links demonstrating issues involved. As you can see in this Teenager Gynecomastia Gallery, the breast enlargement comes in many different sizes and shapes.

The raging hormones of adolescence are one of the Causes of Gynecomastia. Gland can swell from the imbalance of hormones the body is subject to as it moves into the male form.

How old before considering gynecomastia surgery is a common question. But think of this logically. Until the problem is stabilized and the swelling component resolves, one does not really know if it going to resolve on its own. That is why I evolved my Red Flag System and preferred to defer surgery in such situations. What is even worse are the problems I saw from doctors trying to use surgery to treat patients who still had an underlying problem causing gynecomastia and the breasts grew back. Basic fact and read this complex page in detail to see some of the proof I collected: Gynecomastia Revision Forum - Should Surgery Prevent Recurrence? Growing Again. Typically what has not gone away by 2 years will not. Making a 12 year old whose body has resolved beyond the active phase can inflict unnecessary mental stress. Not all doctors have the same judgement skills nor criteria. There are many other possible causes of gynecomastia, which is why being seen by an expert who understands such issues can help with the education process.

Body Shaping Garments are an effective tool for temporary contouring. That link demonstrates before and after pictures and videos to show to what degree for different body types. To help our patients who did not like their contours we used to have samples in the office to try on. It was amazing watching the expression on their faces seeing themselves in the mirror. I suggested they try looking at themselves bending over, jumping up and down and see what the garmnt did. Unfortunately retired, that is no longer an option. But the gallery is neat. Not all garments are the same. I have yet to see a garment that does anything as well as that one which we also used for scar management influence after my surgery: Second Stage Compression Male Vest.

I helped people feel comfortable about their chest when they were faced with an unknown, will it go away? When some came back to show me how well they did without surgery, I still considered that a success of my sculpture. Others came back with some of the problem resolved and then surgery was scheduled. The goal of surgery is the perfect scar and I used whatever tools I could to approach that both in the operating room and out.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
    Retired Plastic Surgeon
    Michael Bermant, MD
    Board Certified

Bimx35d has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Its just the loose skin combined with fat stored under and around the nipples.

You just need a fat mobilizer cream, and rub that on before your workout and in no time at all my puffy nipples were gone! Im not sure what it does but you just feel a tingly sensation and its like you can see your workout happening in fast forward.

Just go to ebay and search fat mobilizer, it should be the first one in a white squeeze tube. Its for around 70 bucks but I HIGHLY recommend it if you really want to get rid of puffy nips, Im on my 3rd bottle, never let me down.

Snoogal has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Are you on the gear?

If you are doing gear and you have puffy nipples then you're heading for gyno

Stop the gea, adjust the diet, and it will be fine. CArry on and we will be calling you Susan

Jenslyn17 is a name known to all. (+5000) Jenslyn17 is a name known to all. (+5000) Jenslyn17 is a name known to all. (+5000) Jenslyn17 is a name known to all. (+5000) Jenslyn17 is a name known to all. (+5000) Jenslyn17 is a name known to all. (+5000) Jenslyn17 is a name known to all. (+5000) Jenslyn17 is a name known to all. (+5000) Jenslyn17 is a name known to all. (+5000) Jenslyn17 is a name known to all. (+5000) Jenslyn17 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Thanks for all your input, DrBermant.

Is it correct that all males have a very small gland of breast tissue below the nipple (as well as fat and muscle), and that real gynecomastia then is when this gland is unusually large?
    My recommended reading

http://www.alanaragonblog.com/ - great research review /w practical considerations!

http://www.biolayne.com.com/ - natural bodybuilder Layne Norton!

http:://www.bodyrecomposition.com - Lyle McDonald's site - tons of great articles!

MuscleHead7777 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Unhappy

hi there this is my first thread on this forum.

in the past year i have noticed that i have developed puffy nipples.
    and the other day when me and my friend were working out he made a comment about me having puffy nips
    i am 5 feet 10 inches, i weigh only 120 pounds, and have 9% body fat.

is there anything i can do to get rid of this?

really hoping to fix this problem by summer time!!

zack98 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Help

I am 14 and have a puffy nipple only the left one. I got this a year or two ago when I gained so weight. I am between 5'11 and 6'ft. I weigh between 125lbs and 130lbs.

muscleshakes is a jewel in the rough. (+500) muscleshakes is a jewel in the rough. (+500) muscleshakes is a jewel in the rough. (+500) muscleshakes is a jewel in the rough. (+500) muscleshakes is a jewel in the rough. (+500) muscleshakes is a jewel in the rough. (+500) muscleshakes is a jewel in the rough. (+500) muscleshakes is a jewel in the rough. (+500) muscleshakes is a jewel in the rough. (+500) muscleshakes is a jewel in the rough. (+500) muscleshakes is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by SigEp2001 View Post
    you need to drop your bodfat% to get rid of the fat. You probly prone to storing fat in your chest. Once you lean out it will go away. Building mroe muscle under the fat isnt going to do anything to make them go away, you need to to drop bodyfat%. Post a pic if you have one.
    I have puffy nips I hate them but they look great when cold lol. My bf is 16% gotta get it down

Originally Posted by muscleshakes View Post
    I have puffy nips I hate them but they look great when cold lol. My bf is 16% gotta get it down

Cold stimulates the thin muscle under the areola nipple that Flattens Puffy Nipples. It is impractical to keep trying to control contour with such stimulation and I have seen those who actually had breast tenderness from such attempts. That tenderness was a red flag that needed evaluation before considering surgery. When I was suspicious that the breast tenderness for that patient was not a Symptom of Gynecomastia, but one of mechanical trauma, the Body Shaping Garments. That garment gave the patient the contour without the mechanical stimulation as demonstrated here: Body Shaping without Surgery Before After Photos where I was able to demonstrate just how effective the garment was for different body types. The garments are only a temporary solution for those losing weight or getting an endocrine problem stabilized, or in this case, helping someone feel comfortable not pinching their nipples. When the garment did not stop the tenderness, then the patient needed the Endocrinology evaluation.

Weight loss can help with the fat component of the chest, but not the gland. That Puffy Nipple Anatomy will always consist of Gland, Fat, and Skin. When the body fat is only 16%, there is a major chance that there will be a gland component that will not go away without surgery if the gynecomastia is stable. I saw many Bodybuilders with Gynecomastia who had that problem, gland contour problems with low body fat. While weight loss has its advantages, it will not help gland and may actually make the gland stand out more.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
    Retired Plastic Surgeon
    Michael Bermant, MD
    Board Certified

nack88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Thumbs up Truth and nothing but the truth.

I'd love to see a post from "the doctor", that doesn't have a link in it. I'm sorry doc, but in my opinion, your posts are doing more harm than good.

I stumbled upon this thread about 5 years ago to try to get rid of my "gyno". After some time of searching, I'd be left more depressed than when I started. (Doc your posts had a lot to do with that!! )

Anyway, I am back, (24 yo, 6'1, 185 lb., not sure about my bf% but definitely very low) and ready to comment with a few tips an opinions! This is just my story with dealing with this problem so take out of it what you will.

I'll begin with addressing the youngin'. From my experience, a lot of teenagers get this, but most of the time it goes away in a few years, just make sure you don't sit on your ass and play video games all day. Be active! Do something active every day to feel good about yourself, then, at night, play your Minecraft or what not. Might just be coinsurance of wrong place at the wrong time, but when I was about 14, I broke my leg pretty bad and because my school didn't have elevators, had to spend 4 months at home doing absolutely nothing.

If you're chubby, just loose the weight, you might not have it.

Next step, if you're not over weight and the puffiness doesn't go away at around age 20, then you can declare it gyno.

Ok, now here are a few tips for them nips:

- Black guinea tee is your friend!
    - Shirts with logos on them. I pretty much made my peace with the fact that I'll never be wearing a white V neck, even thought that's a style I'd like to be able to pull off.
    - Opportunities to take your shirt off in cold weather are the best!
    - Be active! Work out! As war as chest goes, I concentrate mostly on my upper, and inner chest. I would recommend not doing much decline because those muscles seem to just push the gland more. Chisel the best damn body out of what you have to work with. Traps make a big difference, lats, ABS! - obliques -, triceps and all that good stuff. And don't forget about those legs. I've been cutting, bulking, cutting, bulking and am yet to find out what looks best, but once you have good amount of muscle on you, you'll feel much better about yourself. Take your body to it's highest potential. Make your peace with the fact that you'll never have a Chris Hemsworth Thor chest, so get the back, the traps, the arms, then the abs.
    - And finally, eat well. Very important.

Although I still find this problem annoying, I'm starting to make my peace with it. In high school I was a skinny tall kid, but I've always had people's respect so no one ever called me out on my weird nipples or made fun of me. But I'm sure some of you do have that problem. That's why you work out, get respect that way. If your friends make fun of you, f 'em, they're not your friends.

As far as girls go, yes, this is definitely a limitation if you weren't dealt a beautiful face or a tall build, and your only salvation is your body. I'm not here to give girl advice, but good looks only get you so far. So it really isn't that big a deal, unless you're into those shallow, materialistic girls, which, there's a whole other problem right there.

I think that's about it. My plan for the future is to; keep working out; stay a healthy fella; and unless these nips get much worse with age, I really don't think surgery is a necessity. Hope this helps at least one person. I really just thought back to what information would've been helpful to a 5-years-ago me.

One more thing, I could be wrong but the "doctor is on this thread for all the wrong reasons". Unless your gyno is really bad, surgery is not a good choice, and also, Don't waste your money on fat burners and all that garbage, useless.

Be well.

Originally Posted by nack88 View Post
    I'd love to see a post from "the doctor", that doesn't have a link in it. I'm sorry doc, but in my opinion, your posts are doing more harm than good.

I stumbled upon this thread about 5 years ago to try to get rid of my "gyno". After some time of searching, I'd be left more depressed than when I started. (Doc your posts had a lot to do with that!! )

Anyway, I am back, (24 yo, 6'1, 185 lb., not sure about my bf% but definitely very low) and ready to comment with a few tips an opinions! This is just my story with dealing with this problem so take out of it what you will.

I'll begin with addressing the youngin'. From my experience, a lot of teenagers get this, but most of the time it goes away in a few years, just make sure you don't sit on your ass and play video games all day. Be active! Do something active every day to feel good about yourself, then, at night, play your Minecraft or what not. Might just be coinsurance of wrong place at the wrong time, but when I was about 14, I broke my leg pretty bad and because my school didn't have elevators, had to spend 4 months at home doing absolutely nothing.
    I am "the doctor," with credentials of Board Certification in Plastic Surgery and peer awards Bermant Credential who has been educating the public about their bodies for many decades. Links drive the power of the knowledge of the Internet where specific details can be demonstrated, proven, and explained for those who choose to click and follow to learn more.

One of this site's moderators (who then moved up to administration) asked me to engage with my links and answers to a series of questions to help dispel the misconceptions about gyno, gynecomastia, puffy nips, male breast growth, and hormones. This thread had been a sticky for years, but it was in a section that was eventually removed as Bodybuiliding.com evolved. Links were part of the concept so I did not have to repeat my content in multiple parts of the Internet. Search engines prefer content one place. Links also permit us to offer

Truth and nothing but the truth.
    with photographs, videos, and content proof instead of hand waving claims of success. If something works, then prove it. Here is another link on the Understanding Before and After Photographs a series of systems I designed to more critically define problems and claims of success.

I'll begin with addressing the youngin'. From my experience, a lot of teenagers get this, but most of the time it goes away in a few years,
    Indeed gynecomastia does resolve on its own so often which I address with much more detail Young Men with Gynecomastia in the first panel. The glandular component swells from the hormonal imbalance of puberty and the pressure of the swelling frequently results in tenderness, one of my Red Flags, another of my system evolved with Endocrinologists for evaluation, testing and typically a no surgery offered. That last link page was themed for the tortured souls, teenagers with contour problems being told that their condition would go away, just wait, and wait, and wait. Unfortunately, gland stimulation swelling resolution does not always result in no remaining gland. When the hormone stimulation has resolved, swelling down as much as it is going down, forcing that individual to wait when there are other options, can leave deep emotional scars. I saw so many patients angry at doctors and parents for making them live with a contour that they did not like. These individuals, now with jobs of their own, were in my office expressing themselves about why could they not have had earlier surgery. That is why you will see so many threads here and elsewhere about my educating waiting and not rushing into surgery for unstable probably resolving gynecomastia both for the adolescent, but also for the other Red Flag situations such as hormone or prohormone use.

There can be a great deal of Emotion Living with Gynecomastia, yes yet another link. The video on that page was an eloquent expression of emotion that many have told helped explain to family, friends, and others what they also were feeling about their contour. To help those who were not surgical candidates I also developed and demonstrated with photos and videos the power of Body Shaping Garment Contouring Without Surgery. Not all garments had the same power to hold tissue in place. That demonstration was based on Stage 2 Compression Vest a garment I used to help with scar evolution after surgery. If someone has a particular product that works as well or better, links to similar documentation of how it manages different body types and how tissues move when active (video) will prove the point better than verbal hand waving.

When I was in practice we kept samples for our patients to try on in front of the mirror. Yes I saw many patients who were not ready for surgery with hormone problems, weight issues, or other factors needing stabilization first. Watching the expression on their faces as they saw their contours was just so rewarding. Many did not want to take the garments off, so they went home with them.

- Black guinea tee is your friend!
    Yes, and the garments came in black. Black or White Body Shaping Vest? is a tool to see the difference black vs white vs nothing. Again, the power of links to go beyond the words alone. Unfortunately, not all garments have the same compression power. That is why links again to a demonstration can be so much more powerful for a teenager trying to help his parents better understand options and issues why they are dealing with their issues at school or cruel peers.

I think that's about it. My plan for the future is to; keep working out; stay a healthy fella; and unless these nips get much worse with age, I really don't think surgery is a necessity. Hope this helps at least one person. I really just thought back to what information would've been helpful to a 5-years-ago me.
    Living with gynecomastia is also an option as in this link: Klinefelter Syndrome and Gynecomastia - Living with Breasts Not an Issue. Happiness is in the individual, what they value. Just because someone has breasts, does not mean something has to be done. Even though retired, I still am getting requests from men who want breasts and prefer that contour and shape.

One more thing, I could be wrong but the "doctor is on this thread for all the wrong reasons".
    Let's see, I am retired, sharing my decades of experience knowledge for free, continuing to crusade issues like weight loss as my coarse sculpting tool, before considering surgery and proving claims of treatment with documentation vs hand waving verbal "proof."

Some do complain that I go into too much detail, too long an answer. I still prefer a more complete answer for those who want to go into that detail. But just to deal with the short option, So I stated tweeting years ago. (also with links.)
    https://twitter.com/DrBermant

According to Twitter Doctors I am the 5th most followed Doctor on Twitter.

Even though retired, I still feel the passion to educate and help the public learn the truth and stimulate better ways to get things done. But that method, in my opinion, should be one that can be documented to work better. That analysis also should include how tissues moves and the path people took to get there.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
    Retired Plastic Surgeon
    Michael Bermant, MD
    Board Certified

Jenslyn17 is a name known to all. (+5000) Jenslyn17 is a name known to all. (+5000) Jenslyn17 is a name known to all. (+5000) Jenslyn17 is a name known to all. (+5000) Jenslyn17 is a name known to all. (+5000) Jenslyn17 is a name known to all. (+5000) Jenslyn17 is a name known to all. (+5000) Jenslyn17 is a name known to all. (+5000) Jenslyn17 is a name known to all. (+5000) Jenslyn17 is a name known to all. (+5000) Jenslyn17 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    DrBermant: Don't let a single negative reply deter you. We all appreciate the info you're providing on these boards!
    My recommended reading

http://www.alanaragonblog.com/ - great research review /w practical considerations!

http://www.biolayne.com.com/ - natural bodybuilder Layne Norton!

http:://www.bodyrecomposition.com - Lyle McDonald's site - tons of great articles!

nack88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Arrow

Although my comment was negative towards "the doctor", I do realize, those links and all the information provided by the doctor are necessary and were undoubtedly necessary in MY life. That being said, I distinctly remember my mood altered drastically for the negative, after reading the doctors posts, facts and clicking on them "links". I think I would have just preferred some info that assures me its not the end of the world and not lead me to think that my only options seem to be surgery or wearing a bulletproof vest for the rest of m life.