Thread: ladies

pauline has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Wink ladies

just a quick question...i work out 4 days a week...the odd yoga class(when i can) and since ive hit menopause i cant seem to lose the 15lbs ive gained...i was told you put on weight when this wonderful time has come(gotta lot hot flashes) anywho...does anyone know if this is true(weight gain and struggling to lose that is)

also i havent changed my diet...or exercise...help!!!!!!!!!!!!!

pauline

Seeking my inner Amazon NotTooLate's Avatar
    NotTooLate is a name known to all. (+5000) NotTooLate is a name known to all. (+5000) NotTooLate is a name known to all. (+5000) NotTooLate is a name known to all. (+5000) NotTooLate is a name known to all. (+5000) NotTooLate is a name known to all. (+5000) NotTooLate is a name known to all. (+5000) NotTooLate is a name known to all. (+5000) NotTooLate is a name known to all. (+5000) NotTooLate is a name known to all. (+5000) NotTooLate is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I'm no expert but I think some women put on weight at that time. I think it's genetic disposition. As you get older your metabolism slows though so you might want to change your diet. I haven't hit menopause yet but I know that changing my diet and working out strenuously was mandatory for me.
    Bodybuilding: striving to defeat your own demons and overcome self imposed limitations.

Martial arts: the ideal rhythm of a movement is manifested as powerful grace.

Sang H. Kim Ph. D.

ChocoChick is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChocoChick is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChocoChick is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChocoChick is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChocoChick is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChocoChick is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChocoChick is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChocoChick is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChocoChick is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChocoChick is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChocoChick is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    The hormonal changes associated with menopause can make it more difficult to lose weight or give you a slight weight gain. 15 pounds sounds like a lot. Also, you are fairly young to be going through menopause. Have you had a hormone panel worked up to see exactly what's going on? I am no fan of synthetic hormones but if you can find a doctor to help balance you out hormonally with bio-identical, natural hormones (you'll need access to a compounding pharmacy for this), I would recommend it. Testosterone falls for women, too, and they become estrogen dominant during menopause and both these affect the ration of lean tissue to fat.

Beyond that, are you sure nothing else has changed? What has your diet been like? Do you track it? Using www.fitday.com for a week or two can sometimes give you a good insight into problem spots you may not have been aware of. Are you continuing to progress with your weights (i.e., lifting heavier weights)?

Hibiscus09 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hibiscus09 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hibiscus09 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hibiscus09 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hibiscus09 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hibiscus09 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hibiscus09 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hibiscus09 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hibiscus09 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hibiscus09 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hibiscus09 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I'm not going through it yet, but I certainly feel peri-menopausal and I don't look forward to the weight issues. I agree with Elise's advice on having a hormonal panel done and using bio-identical, natural hormones, if needed.

Other things you may want to look at include stress levels and your thyroid (about 25% of women develop or have preexisting thyroid problems by the time they reach perimenopause).

You should also make sure you're eating foods that normalize insulin and blood sugar levels and balance hormone levels. Make sure you're not eating too many foods that are higher glycemic and stay away from over indulging in alcohol.

There are a lot of good books out there on menopause. A lot of them suggest vitamins and other supplements that may help with menopausal symptoms. I have one titled "The Wisdom of Menopause" and it's pretty good. I sometimes don't agree with the author in general, but she does provide a lot of useful information (Christiane Northrup, M.D.)
    "For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind." 2 Timothy 1:7

GOOOOO COCKS!!!!!! GOOOOO STEELERS!!!!!

Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I'd agree with Hibiscus. Once you hit menopause, you need to keep a very tight grip on all refined carbs and sugars. Women start to accumulate bodyfat on the belly instead of the hips and thighs, and refined carbs definitely makes this worse.
    65% fat, 30% protein, 5% carbs = keto.

http://www.eileengormley.com/ Funny science fiction for bodybuilders

Hibiscus09 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hibiscus09 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hibiscus09 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hibiscus09 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hibiscus09 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hibiscus09 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hibiscus09 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hibiscus09 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hibiscus09 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hibiscus09 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hibiscus09 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Eileen View Post
    I'd agree with Hibiscus. Once you hit menopause, you need to keep a very tight grip on all refined carbs and sugars. Women start to accumulate bodyfat on the belly instead of the hips and thighs, and refined carbs definitely makes this worse.
    As does alcohol, unfortunately.
    "For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind." 2 Timothy 1:7

GOOOOO COCKS!!!!!! GOOOOO STEELERS!!!!!

Cool thanks

for all the advise everyone

choco girl...ive had it early because i had cancer of the uterus when i was 31...at which time i also went thru menopause...my doc told me this would happen(sadly he was correct)...and i refuse to take anything..i asked my doc if he would put his own wife on drugs and he said no...that was my answer...

like i said thanks everyone for youre input

love pauline

Wink that

Originally Posted by Eileen View Post
    is so correct...my thighs and legs are prime and yes ive seen it slighty on my tummy area...no major thing but enough to feel my jeans a little tighter

pauline