Brentten has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Brentten has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Brentten has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Brentten has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Brentten has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Brentten has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Brentten has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Brentten has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Brentten has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Brentten has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Brentten has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Question Do metabolism boosting tablets work?

Do metabolism boosters really work for weight loss?

I was looking at getting;

Blackmores metabolism advantage

This formula contains ingredients that:
    assist the metabolism of fat, protein, sugar and other carbohydrates
    support normal thyroid function and metabolism
    support cellular fat breakdown
    supply essential nutrients to help meet normal daily requirements
    support energy production from the metabolism of food
    may assist with maintaining a healthy heart
    assist in immune health

Active ingredients

Vitamin E (d-alpha-Tocopheryl acid succinate 20.7mg) 25IU
    Vitamin C (Ascorbic acid) 40mg
    Vitamin B1 (Thiamine nitrate) 10mg
    Vitamin B2 (Riboflavin) 10mg
    Nicotinamide 20mg
    Vitamin B5 (Pantothenic acid from calcium pantothenate 15mg) 13.76mg
    Vitamin B6 (Pyridoxine hydrochloride) 10mg
    Vitamin B12 (Cyanocobalamin) 20mcg
    Vitamin D3 (Cholecalciferol 3.35mcg) 134IU
    Folic acid 70mcg
    Betacarotene (from Dunaliella salina extract equiv. to fresh cell 12mg) 500mcg
    Calcium hydrogen phosphate (Calcium 80mg) 343mg
    Magnesium oxide-heavy (Magnesium 40mg) 70mg
    Zinc amino acid chelate (Zinc 4mg) 20mg
    Ferrous fumarate (Iron 5mg) 15.7mg
    Manganese amino acid chelate (Manganese 700mcg) 7mg
    Cupric sulfate anhydrous (Copper 300mcg) 756mcg
    Chromium picolinate (Chromium 15mcg) 121mcg
    Chromic chloride (Chromium 15mcg) 78.5mcg
    Selenomethionine (Selenium 8mcg) 19.84mcg
    Potassium iodide (Iodine 40mcg) 52.4mcg
    Capsicum annuum (Capsicum) extract equiv. to dry fruit 40mg
    Coleus forskohlii (Coleus) extract equiv. to dry root
    (standardised to contain forskolin 5.88mg) 2g (2000mg)
    As blackmores are a well known multivitamin brand in Australia, I was thinking that it would work

Sorry for the long info as I can't post links

What's your opinion?

Thanks.

butt_sahib911 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) butt_sahib911 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) butt_sahib911 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) butt_sahib911 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) butt_sahib911 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) butt_sahib911 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) butt_sahib911 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) butt_sahib911 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) butt_sahib911 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) butt_sahib911 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) butt_sahib911 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Quickly went through the list. All of these are just vitamins and other substances that your body needs for proper functioning like the KI for the thyroid or Cu as an antioxidant among others.
    But then theres 2g of forskolin. Didnt know what that was, so googled it.
    So basically according to wikipedia, its a substance that just increases the activity of the cylic AMP in the cells that leads to increased intracellular function. As far as medical applications are concerned, heres what wikipedia says:
    pplied with rolipram, forskolin provides a route[further explanation needed] to inhibition of colon cancer cell growth and survival. [3] These two drugs also work together to induce long-term potentiation in neuronal populations. [4]
    Forskolin is a vasodilator.
    To date, there have been more than two clinical studies examining the effectiveness of forskolin as a weight loss aid. Only one has been subject to peer-review and published in a medical journal. This clinical study also observed forskolin's role in significantly increasing lean mass, bone mass, and testosterone in the subjects involved.[5] This research has led to companies marketing forskolin as a bodybuilding supplement.
    Forskolin may be helpful to control the underlying cause of glaucoma [6][citation needed][7][8]
    The sometimes successful use of forskolin to reduce intraocular pressure may be due to its unique ability to stimulate adenylate cyclase activity and increase cAMP which regulates and activates critical enzymes required for the cellular energy required to move fluid out of the eye.
    Increase skin's natural resistance to burning under UV light (see links below)
    Stimulate a tanning response when applied topically[citation needed].
    Reduce urinary tract infections and enhance the ability of antibiotics to kill bacteria that normally survive.[9][citation needed]

I bolded what is important for this discussion.

So theres your validity. Theoretically, yes, increasing your BMR would increase your your energy expenditure and aid fat loss. But again, screwing up with your body is not a good thing IMO, youll end up having side effects which will outweigh the good. But thats what i think.

Whats with taking that any way? Too busy or lazy to go to the gym?
    Trying IF
    150-170 grams of protein
    180-200 grams of carbs
    40-60 grams of fats

1 gram of carbs = 4 calories
    1 gram of protein = 4 calories
    1 gram of fat = 9 calories

dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    No mate, nothing signifigant there. That's mostly just a multivitamin focused on some particular vitamins known to increase energy levels. The thing is though, that unless you have a deficiency in one of these things, adding more isn't going to help you in any way.

And in any case, there is a huge difference between metabolic rate and energy levels.

Metabolism can legitimately be increased through the use of stimulants like ephedrine and caffeine, but the effect is relatively small, and comes with the typical downsides from stimulant use.

GGWarrior8 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GGWarrior8 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GGWarrior8 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GGWarrior8 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GGWarrior8 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GGWarrior8 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GGWarrior8 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GGWarrior8 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GGWarrior8 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GGWarrior8 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GGWarrior8 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    If u want to lose weight with the help of a supplement, go for the appetite suppressants. No supplement that is legal in Australia can help melt fat off easily or even help burn a significant amount of calories. To lose fat we all know we should eat less and move more.

fubusama will become famous soon enough. (+50) fubusama will become famous soon enough. (+50) fubusama will become famous soon enough. (+50) fubusama will become famous soon enough. (+50) fubusama will become famous soon enough. (+50) fubusama will become famous soon enough. (+50) fubusama will become famous soon enough. (+50) fubusama will become famous soon enough. (+50) fubusama will become famous soon enough. (+50) fubusama will become famous soon enough. (+50) fubusama will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I've tried a bunch of those types of things, nothing really worked... the best ways I've found were to:

- eat 6 times a day
    - have a coffee and do cardio in the morning

Pretty much anything else I tried had no results compared to doing the above 2.
    Workout & Keto Log - From Pizza & Video Games to Bodybuilder! *Updated 4-6 times a week*
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=146654693

*Any Advice, Encouragement or support on my workout log gets Rep Backs 100%*

Need help getting a job? Or Getting Promoted? Ask a Corporate Leader Anything *Checked & Responded To Daily*
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=146931233

sharpieblet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sharpieblet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sharpieblet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sharpieblet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sharpieblet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sharpieblet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sharpieblet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sharpieblet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sharpieblet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sharpieblet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sharpieblet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    at best it's only an AID to fat loss. and more than likely you wouldn't notice the difference if you took it or not, it'd be so small.

count cals, eat at a deficit, lift weights, do cardio for heart health. in time you will lose all the fat. no magic pills out there.
    Powerlifter convert. Follow on instagram Sharpie_bendingbarbells

Most recent comp lifts: 405/305/475

Brentten has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Brentten has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Brentten has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Brentten has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Brentten has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Brentten has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Brentten has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Brentten has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Brentten has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Brentten has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Brentten has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Interesting, ofcourse pills are not the answer but I was realy asking if they can aid in weight loss even if it is a small percentage

Sorry should of made it clear in my post

butt_sahib911 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) butt_sahib911 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) butt_sahib911 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) butt_sahib911 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) butt_sahib911 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) butt_sahib911 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) butt_sahib911 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) butt_sahib911 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) butt_sahib911 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) butt_sahib911 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) butt_sahib911 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by sharpieblet View Post
    count cals, eat at a deficit, lift weights, do cardio for heart health. in time you will lose all the fat. no magic pills out there.
    *sigh* i wish we could all learn that and apply that right from the beginning.
    id like to add something in though, for people who are fattys like myself who want to lose weight fast,

count cals, eat at a reasonable deficit, lift weights, do cardio for heart health. in time you will lose all the fat. no magic pills out there
    Trying IF
    150-170 grams of protein
    180-200 grams of carbs
    40-60 grams of fats

sharpieblet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sharpieblet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sharpieblet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sharpieblet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sharpieblet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sharpieblet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sharpieblet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sharpieblet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sharpieblet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sharpieblet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sharpieblet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    i'll put it this way: not even close enough of a difference to be worthy of spending your money on.

that's like GNC making their own 'special formula' multivitamins and sh*t, when you can buy the same stuff for practically nothing at walmart or walgreens.

the comparison being that you could easily get the same results by not buying that product period, and just counting your cals while using popular cutting food choices to suppress your hunger (ie: caffeine in coffee/diet soda, loading up on veggies/fruits low in cals, etc...)

i'd say less that those fat burning pills we used to have......which didnt do **** either :P
    Trying IF
    150-170 grams of protein
    180-200 grams of carbs
    40-60 grams of fats

Originally Posted by butt_sahib911 View Post
    id like to add something in though, for people who are fattys like myself who want to lose weight fast,

count cals, eat at a reasonable deficit, lift weights, do cardio for heart health. in time you will lose all the fat. no magic pills out there
    for a lot of us former fatties it takes months and months of constant practice to get that willpower dialed in just right...i know it took a long time for me before i stopped using oxyelite pro as a hunger suppressant. and yes, i learned the tough way as well what happens when you try to start taking your deficit too high, ESPECIALLY when you start getting past the mid teens....strength levels really plummet for us nattys haha.

Originally Posted by butt_sahib911 View Post

Like I said above,

But while we are on it, how much cals do you intake everyday?
    Currently I aim for a max of 2200 cals everyday, do weights daily but restricted on cardio due to work times, but I do work 10hr days at a very active occupation as a fitter.

SoloX5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SoloX5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SoloX5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SoloX5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SoloX5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SoloX5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SoloX5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SoloX5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SoloX5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SoloX5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SoloX5 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    EC works. The rest do not.