Thread: Building chest

Crimsonmark88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Building chest

So I've spent the past 2 weeks searching forums and videos and just about anything i could think of and i need more direct help on the issue.
    Let me start by saying a TON of people have watched me do just about every chest exercise and have corrected me on form or said my form was fine and i continue to have this issue.

It does not matter what i do, how much i do it with, how often i do it...Every time i do a chest exercise (with the exception of flies) i DO NOT feel it in my chest. I only feel it in my arms. Ive tried everything i could think of and everything I've been told and still only feel it in my arms. Any more advice??

Thanks in advance.

sharpieblet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sharpieblet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sharpieblet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sharpieblet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sharpieblet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sharpieblet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sharpieblet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sharpieblet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sharpieblet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sharpieblet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sharpieblet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    how far down do you go when you press? have you tried decline bench? do you keep your rear delts on the bench throughout the movement? posting a vid of your bench would help.
    Powerlifter convert. Follow on instagram Sharpie_bendingbarbells

Most recent comp lifts: 405/305/475

Karlsonnn will become famous soon enough. (+50) Karlsonnn will become famous soon enough. (+50) Karlsonnn will become famous soon enough. (+50) Karlsonnn will become famous soon enough. (+50) Karlsonnn will become famous soon enough. (+50) Karlsonnn will become famous soon enough. (+50) Karlsonnn will become famous soon enough. (+50) Karlsonnn will become famous soon enough. (+50) Karlsonnn will become famous soon enough. (+50) Karlsonnn will become famous soon enough. (+50) Karlsonnn will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    lift heavier, concentrate on your chest itself when your lifting, try doing different exercises completely for chest

darscogre is just really nice. (+1000) darscogre is just really nice. (+1000) darscogre is just really nice. (+1000) darscogre is just really nice. (+1000) darscogre is just really nice. (+1000) darscogre is just really nice. (+1000) darscogre is just really nice. (+1000) darscogre is just really nice. (+1000) darscogre is just really nice. (+1000) darscogre is just really nice. (+1000) darscogre is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Crimsonmark88 View Post
    So I've spent the past 2 weeks searching forums and videos and just about anything i could think of and i need more direct help on the issue.
    Let me start by saying a TON of people have watched me do just about every chest exercise and have corrected me on form or said my form was fine and i continue to have this issue.

It does not matter what i do, how much i do it with, how often i do it...Every time i do a chest exercise (with the exception of flies) i DO NOT feel it in my chest. I only feel it in my arms. Ive tried everything i could think of and everything I've been told and still only feel it in my arms. Any more advice??

Thanks in advance.

You're form may look good to an onlooker, and perhaps your form is very good in terms of the mechanics of the exercise.....but that doesnt mean that the mind-muscle-connection is there. That is not something that an onlooker can critique, only you know if its there or not. If you're not feeling the exercise and you say your form is good, then I would say that you aren't in your mind focusing on doing the lift with the intended muscle feeling it contract as you lift the weight and feeling it stretch as you do the negative

Crimsonmark88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by darscogre View Post
    You're form may look good to an onlooker, and perhaps your form is very good in terms of the mechanics of the exercise.....but that doesnt mean that the mind-muscle-connection is there. That is not something that an onlooker can critique, only you know if its there or not. If you're not feeling the exercise and you say your form is good, then I would say that you aren't in your mind focusing on doing the lift with the intended muscle feeling it contract as you lift the weight and feeling it stretch as you do the negative
    Someone else had recently mentioned this as well. You speaking of essentially flexing the muscle and stretching the muscle during the workout correct?

HighRolluh is not very helpful. (-500) HighRolluh is not very helpful. (-500) HighRolluh is not very helpful. (-500) HighRolluh is not very helpful. (-500) HighRolluh is not very helpful. (-500) HighRolluh is not very helpful. (-500) HighRolluh is not very helpful. (-500) HighRolluh is not very helpful. (-500) HighRolluh is not very helpful. (-500) HighRolluh is not very helpful. (-500) HighRolluh is not very helpful. (-500)
    Then u haven't read enough like u thought u did.

Any bencher knows that there is a huge difference in pec feel once u use/have used BB and switched to DB bench press

Also, u need an incline/upper chest exercise

3x6 Guillotine press
    3x6 DB flat bench
    3x6 Chest dips

Throw in 1-2 isos like C. crossovers or flies and ur done

Registered User AnabolicRespons's Avatar
    AnabolicRespons has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Crimsonmark88 View Post

Thanks in advance.
    This happens to a lot of people when it comes to back training. what you need to do is develop the mind/muscle connection. Think about the way the pecs go through the concentric and ecentric phase while doing the exercise.

FrozenPhoenix has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FrozenPhoenix has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FrozenPhoenix has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FrozenPhoenix has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FrozenPhoenix has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FrozenPhoenix has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FrozenPhoenix has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FrozenPhoenix has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FrozenPhoenix has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

cman1787 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cman1787 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cman1787 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cman1787 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cman1787 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cman1787 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cman1787 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cman1787 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cman1787 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cman1787 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cman1787 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    just stand in front of a mirror and practice contracting your chest one side at a time. tense from low to medium to high and then relax. alternate left to right 3-5 times and repeat this twice a day atleast.

its better to do this with your eyes closed and make sure you concentrate

AArtcee is just really nice. (+1000) AArtcee is just really nice. (+1000) AArtcee is just really nice. (+1000) AArtcee is just really nice. (+1000) AArtcee is just really nice. (+1000) AArtcee is just really nice. (+1000) AArtcee is just really nice. (+1000) AArtcee is just really nice. (+1000) AArtcee is just really nice. (+1000) AArtcee is just really nice. (+1000) AArtcee is just really nice. (+1000)
    Your delts could be tight and u may have slight kyphosis, causing other muscles taking the load, take a look in the mirror n start stretching, work your rear delts to bring ur shoulders back if u can see an excess curvature in ur back, also lying on a flat side foam roll to enhance ROM
    ''There's no mice on my shoulders...ive got too many traps''

CLamo will become famous soon enough. (+50) CLamo will become famous soon enough. (+50) CLamo will become famous soon enough. (+50) CLamo will become famous soon enough. (+50) CLamo will become famous soon enough. (+50) CLamo will become famous soon enough. (+50) CLamo will become famous soon enough. (+50) CLamo will become famous soon enough. (+50) CLamo will become famous soon enough. (+50) CLamo will become famous soon enough. (+50) CLamo will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    As far as mind-muscle connection goes; in reality your arms are performing the movement, of course, but imagine that you are moving the weight with your chest and your arms moving up are just a side effect. Think about your chest muscles while you are doing the lift and force them to do the lift. Try it with a weight you can get about 12 reps with. I recently was finally able to do this with shoulder press and it's an amazing feeling to burn the actual muscle you wanna hit.

Also, flex your chest hard between sets, and never forget the good old push-ups. I still get the biggest pump in my chest from push-ups.