jamesh23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jamesh23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jamesh23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jamesh23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jamesh23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jamesh23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jamesh23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jamesh23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jamesh23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jamesh23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jamesh23 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

playing college baseball after being out of high school for 2 years?

Hi, just gonna give some background info on myself first, I have played baseball since I was 5, im now 19 and I miss it terribly, i graduated high school in 2010 and had one offer to play at a community college but decided to go to school closer to home for a year, well now im ready to go out and move away and I'm looking at going back to school for 2 or 4 years anyway, I have gotten stronger since high school and gained a little wait while getting in better shape, I started varsity all 4 years in high school and played pretty much anywhere I was asked, I also pitched and had decent velocity but not really high (around 83 mph) so i'd rathe try and play a field position

im just really wanting to know if its possible for me to still play and how I would go about doing it? emailing head coaches? calling? sending out tapes or something? or is it too late in the summer to be trying to do all of this? thanks guys and be honest please lol, I can take criticism, I'm 5'10" and 200 lbs as well, I want to play junior college ball or d3 or something like that, also how could I find colleges to contact about playing? thanks im in colorado by the way.

is there any tryout camps for people like myself that I can attend to get coaches to see me? figured I might as well chase the dream while I still can.
    Bench: 185 lbs
    Squat: 285 lbs

ckleckner10 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ckleckner10 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ckleckner10 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ckleckner10 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ckleckner10 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ckleckner10 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ckleckner10 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ckleckner10 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ckleckner10 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ckleckner10 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ckleckner10 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    email and call, dont be picky on certain colleges, be open minded, if they have a baseball program let them know youre interested, the worst they can say is no thank you and try again next year. Depending on the caliber of the college will be whether youre late or not normally. Personally id say a CC would give better chance though. Dont give up brah, im trying to make a college team too after a year out, and even if i dont make it i wont give up, that fire inside wont let me. Good luck brah
    "A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives." Jackie Robinson

gspratley has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gspratley has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gspratley has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gspratley has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gspratley has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gspratley has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gspratley has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gspratley has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gspratley has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gspratley has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gspratley has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    i played in college and now am gettin into coaching college and i can tell you one thing... if you are determined enough and willing to make some sacrifices there are always going to be colleges lookin for talent... whether it be juco, naia or d3... if i was you id get in contact wtih as many colleges as i could and schedule workouts for them... now d1 is probably out of the question given that youve taken time off... the juco route would be the best way to go.... keep in mind that you will probably only get offers to walk on given your absence... follow your dreams bro... all the work you put in you eventually get back at some point in time.... good luck!

Originally Posted by jamesh23 View Post
    Hi, just gonna give some background info on myself first, I have played baseball since I was 5, im now 19 and I miss it terribly, i graduated high school in 2010 and had one offer to play at a community college but decided to go to school closer to home for a year, well now im ready to go out and move away and I'm looking at going back to school for 2 or 4 years anyway, I have gotten stronger since high school and gained a little wait while getting in better shape, I started varsity all 4 years in high school and played pretty much anywhere I was asked, I also pitched and had decent velocity but not really high (around 83 mph) so i'd rathe try and play a field position

im just really wanting to know if its possible for me to still play and how I would go about doing it? emailing head coaches? calling? sending out tapes or something? or is it too late in the summer to be trying to do all of this? thanks guys and be honest please lol, I can take criticism, I'm 5'10" and 200 lbs as well, I want to play junior college ball or d3 or something like that, also how could I find colleges to contact about playing? thanks im in colorado by the way.

is there any tryout camps for people like myself that I can attend to get coaches to see me? figured I might as well chase the dream while I still can.